Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the first time ever. 22:19 - Dec 8 with 2949 viewsWaltersRedBoots

I hope we lose 5-0. For obvious reasons. X
For the first time ever. on 22:22 - Dec 8 with 2038 viewsswancity

I hope we win 5-0.
for obvious reasons x

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

For the first time ever. on 22:39 - Dec 8 with 1993 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trouble is WRB Bob is staying. I think that the realisation he is not up to it is kicking in hence help had been brought in. Trouble is that has been done on the cheap with Flynn and Williams.
The Yanks need Bob to appear to succeed and I suspect they would now accept him as being just a figurehead to spout at press conferences.
The support for him is pathetic however and jenkins or the Yanks have not got a Scooby who to bring in. Nor have they any idea of players to target. One thing is certain that it won't involve big bucks.
I really think we are doomed.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

For the first time ever. on 22:43 - Dec 8 with 1972 viewsGowerjack

"I hope we lose 5-0. For obvious reasons"

F uck me

I've read some stupid posts on here over the years but this one takes the biscuit.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

For the first time ever. on 22:49 - Dec 8 with 1946 viewsTNT

Hope OP was at Spurs.

For obvious reasons.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

For the first time ever. on 22:55 - Dec 8 with 1927 viewsHeadmaster

You would rather we lose games in order to sack Bob because he keeps losing games?

Here’s a thought. Why don’t we hope the team wins and keeps on winning?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 23:00]
For the first time ever. on 22:59 - Dec 8 with 1907 viewsjeza739

Whereas it does go against the grain, sometimes short term pain is needed for long term gain.
Clueless. Has to go otherwise he will take us down next yr as well.
Another result like last week and surely they will have to consider his position. We will still have 23 games to turn it around.
That's my hope anyway coz whereas the yanks know 2/3 of f* all about football they are astute business people who won't want to watch their money disappear down the pan. Also if he stays all our better players will vote with their feet in January, long term contracts or not .
For the first time ever. on 23:14 - Dec 8 with 1873 viewsPrivate_Partz

For the first time ever. on 22:59 - Dec 8 by jeza739

Whereas it does go against the grain, sometimes short term pain is needed for long term gain.
Another result like last week and surely they will have to consider his position. We will still have 23 games to turn it around.
That's my hope anyway coz whereas the yanks know 2/3 of f* all about football they are astute business people who won't want to watch their money disappear down the pan. Also if he stays all our better players will vote with their feet in January, long term contracts or not .

Absolutely right. Undeserved stick for the OP. I can see where he is coming from. Another Palace will only paper over the cracks. Bob needs to go and fast.
We part company there though as it looks like Bob is going nowhere. I cling to the hope we will get some support for him but I don't belive there is the ability in the club to even achieve that. Especially if it is going to cost them big bucks which indeed it would.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

For the first time ever. on 23:24 - Dec 8 with 1835 viewsswan65split

For the first time ever. on 22:39 - Dec 8 by Private_Partz

Trouble is WRB Bob is staying. I think that the realisation he is not up to it is kicking in hence help had been brought in. Trouble is that has been done on the cheap with Flynn and Williams.
The Yanks need Bob to appear to succeed and I suspect they would now accept him as being just a figurehead to spout at press conferences.
The support for him is pathetic however and jenkins or the Yanks have not got a Scooby who to bring in. Nor have they any idea of players to target. One thing is certain that it won't involve big bucks.
I really think we are doomed.

I find it Ironic HJ on the radio this morning and the cringing BB video this afternoon, any hope he had with the fans disapeared with the accent implication, considering us Taffs have had to put up with it thrown at us for yonks, the whole situation /handling is turning more into a playhouse farce and the sequal film a Jack to a Judaas should help our finances in trying to rebuild the mess that is slowly building
Login to get fewer ads

For the first time ever. on 23:25 - Dec 8 with 1831 viewsHeadmaster

For the first time ever. on 23:14 - Dec 8 by Private_Partz

Absolutely right. Undeserved stick for the OP. I can see where he is coming from. Another Palace will only paper over the cracks. Bob needs to go and fast.
We part company there though as it looks like Bob is going nowhere. I cling to the hope we will get some support for him but I don't belive there is the ability in the club to even achieve that. Especially if it is going to cost them big bucks which indeed it would.

I'm sorry, but it’s a complete logical fallacy. We want to lose games in order for us to win games?

Hoping we lose - so we can sack Bob because he keeps on losing - makes no sense at all. Surely hoping we win games, no matter who the manager is, is better?

What if the new guy is as much of a failure as Bob? Do we hope we lose games in order to sack him too? At what point does it end?
For the first time ever. on 23:30 - Dec 8 with 1816 viewsTNT

For the first time ever. on 23:14 - Dec 8 by Private_Partz

Anyone who wants us to stay up, will surely be hoping that we win on Saturday.

For the first time ever. on 23:36 - Dec 8 with 1796 viewsmajorraglan

OP, I understand why you are saying it, but I am hoping that Swansea will get 3 points, this week next week and the week after!
It wouldn't bother me if BB was out of his depth as long as Swansea kept on winning, I would take results any day.

I think the American connection is something the club is hoping to play on as part of its strategy to increase commercial revenues. Given the size and affluence of the US, if BB could turn things around his success would increase Swansea's profile and it would be a case of kerching as merchandise sales shot up. The fly in the ointment for them is that it's not working out, results are poor and the performances are worse. To be fair to BB, he has inherited (as did FG) a pretty poor squad and I think the reasons for the tinkering and changes are because the mangaers are trying to make the most of what they have. The recruiting has been poor, chances were taken and it's back firing.
If the Trust had £25m in the bank, the club going in to a downward spiral for a year or 2 would be more palatable as they would have the money ready for that rainy day and could buy the club lock stock and barrell.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 23:40]
For the first time ever. on 23:51 - Dec 8 with 1756 viewsswan65split

For the first time ever. on 23:36 - Dec 8 by majorraglan

OP, I understand why you are saying it, but I am hoping that Swansea will get 3 points, this week next week and the week after!
It wouldn't bother me if BB was out of his depth as long as Swansea kept on winning, I would take results any day.

I think the American connection is something the club is hoping to play on as part of its strategy to increase commercial revenues. Given the size and affluence of the US, if BB could turn things around his success would increase Swansea's profile and it would be a case of kerching as merchandise sales shot up. The fly in the ointment for them is that it's not working out, results are poor and the performances are worse. To be fair to BB, he has inherited (as did FG) a pretty poor squad and I think the reasons for the tinkering and changes are because the mangaers are trying to make the most of what they have. The recruiting has been poor, chances were taken and it's back firing.
If the Trust had £25m in the bank, the club going in to a downward spiral for a year or 2 would be more palatable as they would have the money ready for that rainy day and could buy the club lock stock and barrell.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 23:40]

yes your right, and this is the Premier League, and someone from The French 2nd Division isnt going to succeed sorry!
For the first time ever. on 23:56 - Dec 8 with 1745 viewsTNT

30 years to get back to the top flight, and now we want to lose 5-0. WTF?

For the first time ever. on 00:13 - Dec 9 with 1701 viewsSlugster664

Has Brian Flynn got any influence in training or match days? I believe he was brought in for recruiting, anyone know?

STID

For the first time ever. on 00:14 - Dec 9 with 1694 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If the question was something along the lines of - would a defeat and immediate sacking of Bob be better for the club than a win and keep him it might be worth pondering.

Unfortunately I don't think he'll be sacked even if we lose and if he was I don't think they would replace him with a manager who would want a major say in who is brought in in January and who would want the funds made available to do so.

So we're stuck with Bob and should get behind him when it matters on Saturday afternoons.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

For the first time ever. on 00:30 - Dec 9 with 1670 viewsswan65split

For the first time ever. on 00:14 - Dec 9 by Joe_bradshaw

If the question was something along the lines of - would a defeat and immediate sacking of Bob be better for the club than a win and keep him it might be worth pondering.

Unfortunately I don't think he'll be sacked even if we lose and if he was I don't think they would replace him with a manager who would want a major say in who is brought in in January and who would want the funds made available to do so.

So we're stuck with Bob and should get behind him when it matters on Saturday afternoons.

How can you get behind a loser? the team yes, but sorry hes shown to be out of his depth! I await him to prove me and others wrong................
For the first time ever. (n/t) on 01:21 - Dec 9 with 1625 viewsPozuelosSideys

So our fans hope we lose. Fcking wierdos. Pro sport is about winning. Fck off elsewhere if you want us to lose games. Pricks.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2016 1:23]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

For the first time ever. on 02:19 - Dec 9 with 1577 viewsswanseajack4eva

Madness in my view to want to see us lose ... best to stay up and sort out the mess in a relatively controlled way ... if we go down it will mean financial armageddon as the yanks asset strip and it could mean about 30 years out of the top flight again ... very hard to get out of the Championship and well as the leagues below ...
For the first time ever. on 02:29 - Dec 9 with 1572 viewsrandomperson

For the first time ever. on 00:30 - Dec 9 by swan65split

How can you get behind a loser? the team yes, but sorry hes shown to be out of his depth! I await him to prove me and others wrong................

yea...Guido did a *much* better job. I mean, his losses were so much closer! Bob's 2 biggest losses: man u and spurs: combined $1 billion in squad cost. Sack Bob in, bring in someone in Swans price range, and you will get the same results, if not worse, for this season, as they will take time to get used to the squad. Players will lose confidence and jump ship immediately on another firing.

Point is...Watford and Everton should have been 6 points. Players were placed in positions to win by Bob, and failed to do so either from individual errors or lack of quality in the box. The subs were logical.

Funny thing is...most people at Sunderland forum's are picking Swans to win.

Curious how the formation goes. In the match's in which the forum was happy with the setup, it would turn into a horrible game. When people here were outraged with the setup, they played well. Just a thought.
For the first time ever. on 03:58 - Dec 9 with 1521 viewsJethroJack

I'm not Brad Bobley's biggest fan, so lets get rid and then sign up a more experienced manager like Ranieri or Bilic, both of whom are bound to be sacked soon for doing so well this season with much better quality squads than us.
For the first time ever. on 04:11 - Dec 9 with 1515 viewsDewi1jack

For the first time ever. on 02:19 - Dec 9 by swanseajack4eva

Madness in my view to want to see us lose ... best to stay up and sort out the mess in a relatively controlled way ... if we go down it will mean financial armageddon as the yanks asset strip and it could mean about 30 years out of the top flight again ... very hard to get out of the Championship and well as the leagues below ...

This.
I'm resigned to watching Championship football next season and very possibly League 1 the season after home and away.
It will be far easier to recruit proper players in the Pl, not the sh1te Jenkins et al have bought over the last 4 or 5 windows (" we made some player recruitment mistakes in the summer." Which summer you fuggin muppet??)

Please can one of the PL customers we have, explain why the loving f**k you'd want to see our team lose?
We're good losers now.
We should be brilliant losers the way we're practicing though

Rather be poor winners myself and stay up.
Hopefully fully rebuild in a division that an awful lot of good players as well as the load of crap ones Jenkins bought, want to play in

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

For the first time ever. on 07:02 - Dec 9 with 1422 viewsSwaneeRiver

Swansea City first and foremost should always be at the heart of every fan.
Support the club through thick and thin.
Managers come and go. Staff come and go. Players come and go.
The only constant is us .
We have to want to win every game.
Anything else goes against the grain
STID
For the first time ever. on 07:29 - Dec 9 with 1392 viewsshandyjack

Well I hope he wins every game forever and we all look like clowns for writing him off after 7 games

Poll: Expectation for the season

For the first time ever. on 07:39 - Dec 9 with 1380 viewswaynekerr55

For the first time ever. on 23:24 - Dec 8 by swan65split

I find it Ironic HJ on the radio this morning and the cringing BB video this afternoon, any hope he had with the fans disapeared with the accent implication, considering us Taffs have had to put up with it thrown at us for yonks, the whole situation /handling is turning more into a playhouse farce and the sequal film a Jack to a Judaas should help our finances in trying to rebuild the mess that is slowly building

Yeah - it's my accent,nothing to do with bizarre tactics, 1930s training regimes and results.

The guy should be put out of his misery, him and Jenkins should be put in an Uber together and told never to return to the club

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

For the first time ever. on 07:39 - Dec 9 with 1378 viewsDr_Winston

For the first time ever. on 22:59 - Dec 8 by jeza739

These "better players" were the ones whining about Guidolin's training. Suggest the opinions of the players should be of increasing irrelevance as far as the decision making process at the club is concerned.

That lesson should have been learned after the Monk fiasco.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024