Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jenkins got us here lovers 11:03 - Jan 2 with 5887 viewsmagicdaps10

Do me a favour and just open your fooking eyes please!!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:05 - Jan 2 with 3282 viewsmax936

Open our eyes!! everyone has been saying the same for months, have you just woken from your slumber Daps?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:05 - Jan 2 with 3272 viewsperchrockjack

He might well have done.

What s key is how and why he let it drift away.

Our demise is dramatic

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:08 - Jan 2 with 3266 viewsDr_Winston

Jenkins did get us here. For nearly a decade we were an exceptionally well run club for the most part.

Then some time in 2014 we decided to chuck it all away thanks to a combination of greed, arrogance and ego.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:10 - Jan 2 with 3239 viewsPURe_Evil

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:05 - Jan 2 by max936

Open our eyes!! everyone has been saying the same for months, have you just woken from your slumber Daps?

I think its a reaction as people are turning and letting Jenkins get away with it now, the trust released a statement more or less backing him.
The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:11 - Jan 2 with 3234 viewsLandore_Jack

Is it true Jenkins did not follow the Swans before he became involved? I am sure I read that somewhere.

#backtojack

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:12 - Jan 2 with 3215 viewsPURe_Evil

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:11 - Jan 2 by Landore_Jack

Is it true Jenkins did not follow the Swans before he became involved? I am sure I read that somewhere.

Thats not true.
The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:17 - Jan 2 with 3199 viewsmagicdaps10

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:05 - Jan 2 by max936

I totally realise and i myself have been saying it for ages but its just really annoying me how some people are still sticking up for him.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:19 - Jan 2 with 3179 viewsShonky

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:11 - Jan 2 by Landore_Jack

Fk me. Have a word.

Its just a ride...

Login to get fewer ads

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:20 - Jan 2 with 3169 viewsmax936

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:10 - Jan 2 by PURe_Evil

I think its a reaction as people are turning and letting Jenkins get away with it now, the trust released a statement more or less backing him.

Fair point, lm not sure as to what the Trust are doing they come out with the odd statement here and there, but it all seems to be with kid gloves, I can understand the need to not go swinging from the hip, but surely the time has come now to be more forceful, that said lets see the Clubs ambitions this month, but think the team is now doomed I can't see us getting out of the mere we're in, regarding Jenkins they should be singing Jenkins out from the roof tops, but on the other he's knows the club and they know what he does so maybe its better the devil you know than the one you don't for now!! But go he must as well as his cronies as soon as we're more of less confirmed has down, its fukoff time then surely and start the re-build.

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:21 - Jan 2 with 3149 viewsPURe_Evil

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:20 - Jan 2 by max936

Fair point, lm not sure as to what the Trust are doing they come out with the odd statement here and there, but it all seems to be with kid gloves, I can understand the need to not go swinging from the hip, but surely the time has come now to be more forceful, that said lets see the Clubs ambitions this month, but think the team is now doomed I can't see us getting out of the mere we're in, regarding Jenkins they should be singing Jenkins out from the roof tops, but on the other he's knows the club and they know what he does so maybe its better the devil you know than the one you don't for now!! But go he must as well as his cronies as soon as we're more of less confirmed has down, its fukoff time then surely and start the re-build.

Yea we'll be able to tell their intentions by what happens in this transfer window, but Jenkins needs to f*ck off.
The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:26 - Jan 2 with 3135 viewsdobjack2

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:10 - Jan 2 by PURe_Evil

You'll only come to that conclusion if you have a beef with the trust.

The trust board isn't dealing with an Internet forum where you can shout Jenkins out without a plan for after. They are dealing with majority owners who have paid a lot of money for their shares.

Serious danger of alienating the majority owners at a time when there appears to some indications of dialogue. I think that it was as far as they could go in public at this time.

If Jenkins fecks up another transfer window than the Jenkins out campaign has more chance of working - remember the majority owners have got to want him out as well.

If this window is successful and he is perceived to be behind it by the owners it will be harder to force him out.

I want the basturd out from our club. However unless he goes voluntarily he has to lose the backing of the majority owners.

Trusts problem is that we want him out as soon as possible and now isn't the time for them to go all in. However if he fecks up the window I would expect more strongly worded public statements from the trust board and tougher words in private.
The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:30 - Jan 2 with 3120 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Jenkins got us here by appointing and trusting managers like Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup to establish then continue a style of playing football. Those managers brought in players who were not necessarily heralded elsewhere but suited our style. They were not big money signings, they were pieces of a jigsaw that made up a very attractive picture. Many of those players struggled when they left us because they didn't suit their new team's style as well as ours.

When Laudrup lost some of his motivation as he tends to after a while, Jenkins decided to install Monk and dismantle the system that had served us so well. Monk didn't have the vision of his predecessors or the contacts in the game. Jenkins thought he and a couple of scouts could oversee player acquisition. They couldn't and as everything quietly unraveled the shareholders decided to cash in as quickly as possible. They got decent money for Ash and Ayew which also got high earners off the books so the club looked financially more attractive. Cheap and poor replacements were brought in and where money was spent it was wasted as has been the case since Laudrup and his mate left.

Jenkins succeeded by trusting others then failed by trusting himself.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:30 - Jan 2 with 3116 viewsPURe_Evil

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:26 - Jan 2 by dobjack2

You'll only come to that conclusion if you have a beef with the trust.

The trust board isn't dealing with an Internet forum where you can shout Jenkins out without a plan for after. They are dealing with majority owners who have paid a lot of money for their shares.

Serious danger of alienating the majority owners at a time when there appears to some indications of dialogue. I think that it was as far as they could go in public at this time.

If Jenkins fecks up another transfer window than the Jenkins out campaign has more chance of working - remember the majority owners have got to want him out as well.

If this window is successful and he is perceived to be behind it by the owners it will be harder to force him out.

I want the basturd out from our club. However unless he goes voluntarily he has to lose the backing of the majority owners.

Trusts problem is that we want him out as soon as possible and now isn't the time for them to go all in. However if he fecks up the window I would expect more strongly worded public statements from the trust board and tougher words in private.

I don't agree with any of that, for £550,000 a year we could get an actual real director of football.
The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:32 - Jan 2 with 3115 viewsLandore_Jack

He owns 5% of the club. Who will want to buy his shares?

#backtojack

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:33 - Jan 2 with 3103 viewsmax936

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:30 - Jan 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Jenkins got us here by appointing and trusting managers like Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup to establish then continue a style of playing football. Those managers brought in players who were not necessarily heralded elsewhere but suited our style. They were not big money signings, they were pieces of a jigsaw that made up a very attractive picture. Many of those players struggled when they left us because they didn't suit their new team's style as well as ours.

When Laudrup lost some of his motivation as he tends to after a while, Jenkins decided to install Monk and dismantle the system that had served us so well. Monk didn't have the vision of his predecessors or the contacts in the game. Jenkins thought he and a couple of scouts could oversee player acquisition. They couldn't and as everything quietly unraveled the shareholders decided to cash in as quickly as possible. They got decent money for Ash and Ayew which also got high earners off the books so the club looked financially more attractive. Cheap and poor replacements were brought in and where money was spent it was wasted as has been the case since Laudrup and his mate left.

Great Post Joe.

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:34 - Jan 2 with 3094 viewsPURe_Evil

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:32 - Jan 2 by Landore_Jack

He owns 5% of the club. Who will want to buy his shares?

He can keep his 5% but he should have nothing to do with the running of the club, especially not transfers.
The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:39 - Jan 2 with 3067 viewsDafyddHuw

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:17 - Jan 2 by magicdaps10

I totally realise and i myself have been saying it for ages but its just really annoying me how some people are still sticking up for him.

Like who? I find that very difficult to believe. Any links?
The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:42 - Jan 2 with 3046 viewsPURe_Evil

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:39 - Jan 2 by DafyddHuw

Like who? I find that very difficult to believe. Any links?

There are definitely Jenkins sympathisers.
The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:44 - Jan 2 with 3032 viewsDr_Winston

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:30 - Jan 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Jenkins and co started interfering during Laudrup's first season, and moves to sell the club began almost at the same time as Laudrup left, but otherwise great post.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:46 - Jan 2 with 3025 viewsmax936

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:42 - Jan 2 by PURe_Evil

There are definitely Jenkins sympathisers.

The majority at the Liberty is a good example the truth needs to get out there, local media seem to be shying away from that though, understandable in todays world of litigation I suppose, but there's other avenues to use, flyers on Match days etc.

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:47 - Jan 2 with 3017 viewsdobjack2

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:30 - Jan 2 by PURe_Evil

I don't agree with any of that, for £550,000 a year we could get an actual real director of football.

We can disagree no problem.

I agree with you that we could probably get a real director of football for that money but the majority owners have got to want him out to do that.

They have to have as little faith in him as we have and I don't think that they are there yet.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2017 11:49]
The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:48 - Jan 2 with 3011 viewsharryhpalmer

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:08 - Jan 2 by Dr_Winston

Jenkins did get us here. For nearly a decade we were an exceptionally well run club for the most part.

Then some time in 2014 we decided to chuck it all away thanks to a combination of greed, arrogance and ego.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Look at the signings we have made when Jenkins has been in sole charge of transfers.

Sousa's season we signed Dyer, who Roberto had brought in on loan the previous season is the only real success.

Dobbie, limited.

the rest were Beattie, Kuqi, van der Gun, Idrizaj, Cotterill.

Now, since the January window when Laudrup was in charge and Jenkins refused to use his agent to date, name me a player who has been an unmitigated success?

Fabianski and Siggy not exactly unknown, so can be excluded.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:52 - Jan 2 with 2983 viewsShonky

Why doesn't Leadbitter get more stick? HE chooses the players.

Its just a ride...

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:54 - Jan 2 with 2965 viewsthereisnospoon

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:48 - Jan 2 by harryhpalmer

Look at the signings we have made when Jenkins has been in sole charge of transfers.

Sousa's season we signed Dyer, who Roberto had brought in on loan the previous season is the only real success.

Dobbie, limited.

Now, since the January window when Laudrup was in charge and Jenkins refused to use his agent to date, name me a player who has been an unmitigated success?

Jenkins had nothing to do with the Sigurdsson signing. Rodgers was the one who deserves the credit. Siggy was brought in as a loan by Brendan as he had flourished during his time under Brendan at Reading, and it was Brendan who actually handed him his professional debut. After the loan spell with us where he was sensational it was an absolute no brainer to sign him.
The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:55 - Jan 2 with 2958 viewsdobjack2

The Jenkins got us here lovers on 11:48 - Jan 2 by harryhpalmer

Dobbie, limited.

Sometime towards the end of the Laudrup era it appears that Jenkins took total control of recruitment and it has gone down the pan ever since.

Sometime during 2014 it would appear that selling the shares for as much as possible came onto the agenda of the shareholders and everything else appears to have become a poor second to that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024