Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're going to be relegated. 18:32 - Jan 14 with 18353 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I know the window is not yet over, but as it stands, it looks as though the only players we will bring in are Luciano Narsingh, Martin Olsson, and Tom Carroll. This is utterly and unreservedly not good enough, and frankly, I'm surprised as to how more of our supporters aren't outraged. How Mr. Jenkins thinks that this trio of players will be the solution to our problems is utterly mindboggling. But forget about the possibility that they may help us stay up. I'll say it right now: except for maybe Narsingh, none of these acquisitions will even improve our squad. Olsson and Carroll will hardly, if at all be an upgrade over what we currently have.

It's funny. You'd think with a club like us--with what we've gone through so far, with us in mortal danger of being relegated, and with us having made the beyond costly mistake of having invested nothing in the summer while other teams strengthened relentlessly--would finally wake the fvck up and realize that this January window was the last chance to correct all our wrongs. Instead, there is still the same exact idiocy, incompetence, and complete lack of urgency there was in the summer, and we continue to think that sticking to the usual plan of spending bit part money on bit part players will be the answer.

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. It's mind boggling really.

You've all heard how I feel about Olsson in another thread--as I said before, he's a guy who has yet to prove he is anywhere near good enough at this level and incredibly, he's been relegated 3 times in the 4 seasons he's been a starting left back in the Prem. No player in history has a worse record than that.

But the real puzzling one is Carroll.

Our squad has been SCREAMING for a defensive midfielder since Joe Allen left, but quite remarkably, he has still yet to be replaced. Since Joe left we have been without a midfield enforcer--the engine in the squad that does all the dirty work, acts as the link between the defence and the attack, and otherwise dictates play like a fine court composer. Whether it's Chelsea with Kante, Everton with Gana, West Ham with Kouyate, Spurs with Wanyama, Southampton with Romeu, Bournemouth with Arter, or Watford with Capoue, every decent squad has one whether they're in the top 4, sitting comfortably at midtable, or even lower midtable. The time for a physical, tough tackling, ball intercepting DM has never been more apparent than right now, and yet we've turned to Tom Carroll of all people. The most lightweight, easily shoved off the ball, and paper thin player of them all, one who has never ran a midfield and never will.

Okay, so he's not a DM, and he has alarmingly low tackle, interception, block, aerial duels won, and clearance numbers per appearance. But neither can you call him a creative centre midfielder or playmaker as so many of his defenders somehow have, as in this lad's entire career in League One, the Championship, and the Prem he has had just 5 league assists and 1 league goal to his name, while averaging just 0.6 chances created per game. Then what is he, what does he provide to the team, and what does he offer over Fulton, Ki, Cork and Britton?

Sadly, the answer is nothing. The rest of the football world can see that Tom Carroll is not good enough. I don't know why we can't.

But enough about Carroll. Let's get to the matter at hand. Our Premier League dream is over chaps. But you know what? I'm not even that bothered that Swansea City will no longer be in the top flight and that I will no longer be able to watch them play in the Premier League. What I'm really worried about is the people of this city. In 2013 a study determined that our Premier League status was worth £55.3m to our economy and helped to create or protect 340 jobs, with pretty much every industry and business having reported increased activity since our promotion ( http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-20895147). No doubt these figures have risen 4 years on, but as our time in the Premier League comes to a close, the people of Swansea will lose much more than seeing their team in the PL. If there was any shred of decency left in that big nosed cvnt Jenkins, and if he cared an iota about these people, then he should resign immediately. By failing unequivocally to adequately perform his duties as chairman and do what was best for this club in his insatiable pursuit of personal wealth, he has ultimately failed all and everyone of this town as well. And that is what is most devastating.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 19:27]

Come on you Swans.

We're going to be relegated. on 14:32 - Mar 5 with 2561 viewspikeypaul

We're going to be relegated. on 23:10 - Jan 14 by Kilkennyjack

Bob was not the problem.

The squad is simply not good enough.
Huw has lots of money though, so thats ok.

Funniest thing I've read for ages.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

We're going to be relegated. on 14:40 - Mar 5 with 2541 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

We're going to be relegated. on 14:32 - Mar 5 by pikeypaul

to be fair he wasn't the only one saying a similar thing

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

We're going to be relegated. on 15:28 - Mar 5 with 2484 viewsTheResurrection

We're going to be relegated. on 11:42 - Mar 5 by perchrockjack

One of the joys of watching sport especially if one has a favourite team is being proved wrong, not right.

If they team benefits and I am wrong I'm happy. Truly makes me chuckle as does the unfettered praise LLORENTE got when he was not really effective

Now he is, I'm happy.

I shall be off to be some fresh croissants to celebrate

Very true.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

We're going to be relegated. on 15:30 - Mar 5 with 2472 viewspikeypaul

From the day Bradley walked in and said something along the lines of " I do not know what the problem is and I do not have the answers"everyone knew he was out of his depth.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

We're going to be relegated. on 15:31 - Mar 5 with 2469 viewsTheResurrection

We're going to be relegated. on 14:32 - Mar 5 by pikeypaul

Really?

Without January we were DOWN!! No question about it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

We're going to be relegated. on 16:50 - Mar 5 with 2686 viewsexiledclaseboy

I was completely convinced at the back end of last year and the start of this one that we were down and completely without any hope of redemption. Said so a number of times on here too. If that's now a source of riducule rather than relief that we've now got a good chance of staying up to some then that's just weird.

Poll: Tory leader

We're going to be relegated. on 16:59 - Mar 5 with 2643 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We're going to be relegated. on 16:50 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

I was completely convinced at the back end of last year and the start of this one that we were down and completely without any hope of redemption. Said so a number of times on here too. If that's now a source of riducule rather than relief that we've now got a good chance of staying up to some then that's just weird.

Likewise.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

We're going to be relegated. on 17:06 - Mar 5 with 2612 viewslondonlisa2001

We're going to be relegated. on 16:59 - Mar 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Likewise.

And me.
Login to get fewer ads

We're going to be relegated. on 17:07 - Mar 5 with 2608 viewsTummer_from_Texas

We're going to be relegated. on 16:50 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

In itself, thinking we were probably going down doesn't deserve ridicule. Of course relegation looked more likely than not when this thread was started.

But the over the top Doom and Gloomers who had completely given up hope and said that we shouldn't even bother anymore (when we were ONE point from safety, no less), and the ones who were saying the transfer window was a complete failure and that Ollson, Narsingh, and Carroll were terrible additions...those folks most certainly have earned a little ridicule.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 17:10]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

We're going to be relegated. on 17:13 - Mar 5 with 2580 viewslondonlisa2001

We're going to be relegated. on 17:07 - Mar 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

In itself, thinking we were probably going down doesn't deserve ridicule. Of course relegation looked more likely than not when this thread was started.

But the over the top Doom and Gloomers who had completely given up hope and said that we shouldn't even bother anymore (when we were ONE point from safety, no less), and the ones who were saying the transfer window was a complete failure and that Ollson, Narsingh, and Carroll were terrible additions...those folks most certainly have earned a little ridicule.

I agree with you re players, although everyone we sign is written off by at least a proportion of fans.

But whatever the points at any given time, until Bradley was sacked, we were certain to go down. Never has a team been more certain to go down. It really was that bad. So anyone that said they'd given up while he was in charge, doesn't deserve any ridicule.
We're going to be relegated. on 17:22 - Mar 5 with 2546 viewsTummer_from_Texas

We're going to be relegated. on 17:13 - Mar 5 by londonlisa2001

I agree with you re players, although everyone we sign is written off by at least a proportion of fans.

But whatever the points at any given time, until Bradley was sacked, we were certain to go down. Never has a team been more certain to go down. It really was that bad. So anyone that said they'd given up while he was in charge, doesn't deserve any ridicule.

True, but this thread was started after the Arsenal match. We had played 3 league matches since BB had been sacked, and even though we lost that one 4-0 (a score that flattered Arsenal due to those 2 OG's), the improvement was already evident.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

We're going to be relegated. on 17:23 - Mar 5 with 2541 viewsdailew

I see the prigs have arrived.

Might resurrect another thread just to annoy them.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

We're going to be relegated. on 17:28 - Mar 5 with 2515 viewslondonlisa2001

We're going to be relegated. on 17:22 - Mar 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

True, but this thread was started after the Arsenal match. We had played 3 league matches since BB had been sacked, and even though we lost that one 4-0 (a score that flattered Arsenal due to those 2 OG's), the improvement was already evident.

Oh, I didn't realise we were referring to this thread in particular. I was talking generally.

Re this thread, then laughing at the Olsson and Carroll are crap bit is fair game.

Strange we haven't heard from Dwight - he was a big fan of that train of thought, but given they drew to Bournemouth yesterday he's obviously hiding.
We're going to be relegated. on 19:16 - Mar 5 with 2397 viewsvetchonian

We're going to be relegated. on 10:59 - Mar 5 by TheResurrection

True Chris,

But a lot on here haven't got the faintest idea about what they type. Some right mares on this thread.

Our signings have been a breath of fresh air and we would be brown bread without them.

That, and a few key changes.

Clement has found an almost perfect balance in midfield which is both great defensively and creative in attack, he's found places for both Siggy and Fer on the same pitch, he's removed Siggy from number 10 where he's been completely ineffective, especially linking up with Llorente and he's got us playing like a team instead of one or two individuals trying to do too much.

The £20m we spent in January was a complete shock and credit to the American owners for stumping up that net outlay in times of real concern.

Our whole recruitment department really could do with improving as we miss out on a lot of talent out there, from far and wide, however having said that, the deals made in January were spot on, so credit where it's due, begrudgingly so, but hats off.

The same no 10 position he played Olssen in from yesterday.
SIggy spends
Most of his time in that no10 slot even though he "starts" as left wing ....maybe you need to watch the game more

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

We're going to be relegated. on 19:24 - Mar 5 with 2375 viewsTheResurrection

We're going to be relegated. on 17:22 - Mar 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

If the game was to have finished at half time you could say that, but over the 90 that could have been 6 or 7. We were all over the shop.

We're going to be relegated. on 19:30 - Mar 5 with 2355 viewsTheResurrection

We're going to be relegated. on 19:16 - Mar 5 by vetchonian

The same no 10 position he played Olssen in from yesterday.
SIggy spends
Most of his time in that no10 slot even though he "starts" as left wing ....maybe you need to watch the game more

No, oh clueless one.

Siggy is cutting in from the left and we as a team, thankfully, don't have to rely on him in that central number 10 roll where we've been awful when he's played there.

He's doing very well now he's one of 11 and not the be all and end all.

We're going to be relegated. on 19:44 - Mar 5 with 2319 viewsItchySphincter

We're going to be relegated. on 17:07 - Mar 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

You're forgetting that Bob was in charge at the time.

The change of manager gives us our greatest hope of staying up. If we hadn't changed we be down, no doubt about it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We're going to be relegated. on 20:06 - Mar 5 with 2288 viewsTummer_from_Texas

We're going to be relegated. on 19:44 - Mar 5 by ItchySphincter

You're forgetting that Bob was in charge at the time.

The change of manager gives us our greatest hope of staying up. If we hadn't changed we be down, no doubt about it.

Im talking about when this thread was started. BB had been gone for 3 league fixtures and a cup tie by then.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 20:08]

We're going to be relegated. on 23:11 - Jul 13 with 2040 viewsBorojack

We're going to be relegated. on 20:45 - Jan 15 by Flashberryjack

"Can't we just give them a fukcing chance"
That should be Inscribed on our relegation tombstone.

If it smells like shite, looks like shite, then most wouldn't need to taste it to know that it probably is shite.

Did we get regulated

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

We're going to be relegated. on 14:01 - Jul 14 with 1860 viewsLeonWasGod

We're going to be relegated. on 23:11 - Jul 13 by Borojack

Did we get regulated

Tom Carroll didn't turn out too badly either!
We're going to be relegated. on 14:04 - Jul 14 with 1852 viewsSwans_16

This thread is how i feel at the moment.

If we don't strengthen this transfer window, and find an adequate replacement for Siggy, we're going to be prime relegation candidates next May.
We're going to be relegated. on 14:05 - Jul 14 with 1851 viewsLoyal

Did we get regulated

I did one night in Plymouth when I was in the forces.
Kicked fck out of me.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

We're going to be relegated. on 14:19 - Jul 14 with 1802 viewsMarinaJack

no chance , in clements and in the board I trust we will be just fine
We're going to be relegated. on 15:57 - Jul 14 with 1704 viewsDieLoo

More top quality punditry from My Final Heaven. Startling insight.
We're going to be relegated. on 16:06 - Jul 14 with 1671 viewsFlashberryjack

Did we get regulated

It was a very close call my friend.......far to close to be acting all smug.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024