Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're going to be relegated. 18:32 - Jan 14 with 18356 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I know the window is not yet over, but as it stands, it looks as though the only players we will bring in are Luciano Narsingh, Martin Olsson, and Tom Carroll. This is utterly and unreservedly not good enough, and frankly, I'm surprised as to how more of our supporters aren't outraged. How Mr. Jenkins thinks that this trio of players will be the solution to our problems is utterly mindboggling. But forget about the possibility that they may help us stay up. I'll say it right now: except for maybe Narsingh, none of these acquisitions will even improve our squad. Olsson and Carroll will hardly, if at all be an upgrade over what we currently have.

It's funny. You'd think with a club like us--with what we've gone through so far, with us in mortal danger of being relegated, and with us having made the beyond costly mistake of having invested nothing in the summer while other teams strengthened relentlessly--would finally wake the fvck up and realize that this January window was the last chance to correct all our wrongs. Instead, there is still the same exact idiocy, incompetence, and complete lack of urgency there was in the summer, and we continue to think that sticking to the usual plan of spending bit part money on bit part players will be the answer.

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. It's mind boggling really.

You've all heard how I feel about Olsson in another thread--as I said before, he's a guy who has yet to prove he is anywhere near good enough at this level and incredibly, he's been relegated 3 times in the 4 seasons he's been a starting left back in the Prem. No player in history has a worse record than that.

But the real puzzling one is Carroll.

Our squad has been SCREAMING for a defensive midfielder since Joe Allen left, but quite remarkably, he has still yet to be replaced. Since Joe left we have been without a midfield enforcer--the engine in the squad that does all the dirty work, acts as the link between the defence and the attack, and otherwise dictates play like a fine court composer. Whether it's Chelsea with Kante, Everton with Gana, West Ham with Kouyate, Spurs with Wanyama, Southampton with Romeu, Bournemouth with Arter, or Watford with Capoue, every decent squad has one whether they're in the top 4, sitting comfortably at midtable, or even lower midtable. The time for a physical, tough tackling, ball intercepting DM has never been more apparent than right now, and yet we've turned to Tom Carroll of all people. The most lightweight, easily shoved off the ball, and paper thin player of them all, one who has never ran a midfield and never will.

Okay, so he's not a DM, and he has alarmingly low tackle, interception, block, aerial duels won, and clearance numbers per appearance. But neither can you call him a creative centre midfielder or playmaker as so many of his defenders somehow have, as in this lad's entire career in League One, the Championship, and the Prem he has had just 5 league assists and 1 league goal to his name, while averaging just 0.6 chances created per game. Then what is he, what does he provide to the team, and what does he offer over Fulton, Ki, Cork and Britton?

Sadly, the answer is nothing. The rest of the football world can see that Tom Carroll is not good enough. I don't know why we can't.

But enough about Carroll. Let's get to the matter at hand. Our Premier League dream is over chaps. But you know what? I'm not even that bothered that Swansea City will no longer be in the top flight and that I will no longer be able to watch them play in the Premier League. What I'm really worried about is the people of this city. In 2013 a study determined that our Premier League status was worth £55.3m to our economy and helped to create or protect 340 jobs, with pretty much every industry and business having reported increased activity since our promotion ( http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-20895147). No doubt these figures have risen 4 years on, but as our time in the Premier League comes to a close, the people of Swansea will lose much more than seeing their team in the PL. If there was any shred of decency left in that big nosed cvnt Jenkins, and if he cared an iota about these people, then he should resign immediately. By failing unequivocally to adequately perform his duties as chairman and do what was best for this club in his insatiable pursuit of personal wealth, he has ultimately failed all and everyone of this town as well. And that is what is most devastating.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 19:27]

Come on you Swans.

We're going to be relegated. on 19:51 - Jan 15 with 3037 viewsCambJack

We're going to be relegated. on 10:46 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

Carroll has been here, and did nothing to show me he would be good enough to get in our starting XI, even with how sh*t we are now. Loftus Cheek is a better player than Carroll.

Loftus cheek signed a 5 year contract in September worth 60k pw and is currently on the fringes of the Chelsea team, they wouldn't be selling and we wouldn't be paying that. But hey what do I know, I lack ambition Etc etc
We're going to be relegated. on 20:05 - Jan 15 with 3018 viewsmorningstar

We're going to be relegated. on 10:03 - Jan 15 by jack247

I don't know Sgorio, maybe they look at the table every now and then.

Your post doesn't make any sense at all.

He's mentally ill Tim. How he got 2 up arrows for that post when he stated twice that Naughton wanted them to score against us is just fvcking insane mate!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

We're going to be relegated. on 20:14 - Jan 15 with 2972 viewsDavillin

We're going to be relegated. on 19:33 - Jan 15 by lifelong

Bloody depressing reading this thread, some of you need to take a walk out in the evening air, Venus is very bright this evening.

A hearty "welcome back" to the Official Doom'n'Gloom Club"!

Those who'd like a refreshing splash of reality, please look at the graph below, or, for a slightly larger, and a bit more readable, version, click on this URL:

http://www.davillin.info/SlogToSafety.html

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

We're going to be relegated. on 20:37 - Jan 15 with 2941 viewsSgorioFruit

We're going to be relegated. on 20:05 - Jan 15 by morningstar

He's mentally ill Tim. How he got 2 up arrows for that post when he stated twice that Naughton wanted them to score against us is just fvcking insane mate!

perhaps you could tell us why Naughton did what he did then mate?
because it absolutely wrecked my head yesterday seeing him do what he did.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

We're going to be relegated. on 20:39 - Jan 15 with 2938 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

We're going to be relegated. on 09:50 - Jan 15 by Borojack

Not one of the 3 have kicked a ball for us yet 2 of the 3 haven't even signed yet they are getting slated
We have brought in a new manager a high profile assistant and 2 well thought of coaches from Spurs.
Can't we just give them a fukcing chance.

Well said, you should become the next PM.
We're going to be relegated. on 20:45 - Jan 15 with 2926 viewsFlashberryjack

We're going to be relegated. on 09:50 - Jan 15 by Borojack

Not one of the 3 have kicked a ball for us yet 2 of the 3 haven't even signed yet they are getting slated
We have brought in a new manager a high profile assistant and 2 well thought of coaches from Spurs.
Can't we just give them a fukcing chance.

"Can't we just give them a fukcing chance"
That should be Inscribed on our relegation tombstone.

If it smells like shite, looks like shite, then most wouldn't need to taste it to know that it probably is shite.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

We're going to be relegated. on 20:46 - Jan 15 with 2930 viewsmorningstar

We're going to be relegated. on 20:37 - Jan 15 by SgorioFruit

perhaps you could tell us why Naughton did what he did then mate?
because it absolutely wrecked my head yesterday seeing him do what he did.

He did what he did because he fvcked up yet again, not because he 'wanted' the opposition to score ffs!

We're going to be relegated. on 20:56 - Jan 15 with 2902 viewsSgorioFruit

We're going to be relegated. on 20:46 - Jan 15 by morningstar

He did what he did because he fvcked up yet again, not because he 'wanted' the opposition to score ffs!

well that's strange, because he looks like he wanted the opposition to score.
I mean why walk slow towards Sanchez when he is on the floor? Why watch Sanchez get to his feet and then start walking backwards?

sorry mate, that is clearly wanting them to score.
because that is not in any way or form actually playing for your own side.

Login to get fewer ads

We're going to be relegated. on 21:01 - Jan 15 with 2888 viewsmorningstar

We're going to be relegated. on 20:56 - Jan 15 by SgorioFruit

well that's strange, because he looks like he wanted the opposition to score.
I mean why walk slow towards Sanchez when he is on the floor? Why watch Sanchez get to his feet and then start walking backwards?

sorry mate, that is clearly wanting them to score.
because that is not in any way or form actually playing for your own side.

Don't be so fvckin stupid mun!

We're going to be relegated. on 21:12 - Jan 15 with 2880 viewsJacket

Woke up in the middle of the night last night thinking about tgis and I'm afraid I came to the same conclusion in the 20/20 clarity of the wee small hours. I must disagree though with the asertion that we we're down in November. Absolute bull shit. The squad is too weak to make many marks on this league, granted, but to just pick up nine points from that run of winnable matches extending from late November to Palace away is inexcusable, and blame should rest squarely with whoever made the call to sack Guido and then to appoint Bob who was so clearly out of his depth. The first clip of his first training where he gave elementary advice to Premiership professionals should have been a clue that he didn't have a clue about the level the Premiership is at. Not the bleedin slightest. He should never have been put in that position. Sure the squad is poor after all those poor signings that have joined since Laudrup's second season, when things really started to unravel, but the squad doesn't excuse the results away at Borro or home v West Ham, not in the slightest. Guido would have done better and you fucin knows it.
We're going to be relegated. on 21:19 - Jan 15 with 2860 viewsSgorioFruit

We're going to be relegated. on 21:01 - Jan 15 by morningstar

Don't be so fvckin stupid mun!

I'm not,

it has wrecked me

We're going to be relegated. on 22:32 - Jan 15 with 2800 viewsManBearSwan2

I haven't written us off just yet, but I completely agree with the OP's last paragraph. Premiership football has been massive for Swansea and relegation would have a massive detrimental impact on the city. It's times like this when football is more than just a game.
We're going to be relegated. on 05:53 - Jan 16 with 2717 viewsMyFinalHeaven

We're going to be relegated. on 20:45 - Jan 15 by Flashberryjack

"Can't we just give them a fukcing chance"
That should be Inscribed on our relegation tombstone.

If it smells like shite, looks like shite, then most wouldn't need to taste it to know that it probably is shite.

Exactly.

Fvck all the "give them a chance" bullshit. I know rubbish from rubbish. Remember all the idiots on here who kept saying that we should give Emnes and N'Gog a chance after the outcry from their transfers? They couldn't have been more wrong.

Come on you Swans.

We're going to be relegated. on 08:02 - Jan 16 with 2667 viewsTummer_from_Texas

a guy who has yet to prove he is anywhere near good enough at this level and incredibly, he's been relegated 3 times in the 4 seasons he's been a starting left back in the Prem. No player in history has a worse record than that.

At Blackburn, Norwich, and Norwich again.

I'm not saying Martin Olssen is a great player, but he could have been one of the best Left Backs in the league and those 3 teams would have still gone down.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

We're going to be relegated. on 08:31 - Jan 16 with 2637 viewsmissingmel

We're going to be relegated. on 00:15 - Jan 15 by AngelRangelQS

Whilst I do agree with your overall sentiments...No investment in January? We've just about signed 3 players for a total of £15m and we are halfway through.

If we add a CB to that, we've done okay this window.

Signing players is great don't get me wrong.

Are Olsson and Carroll improvements on what we have?

I would say its 10 mill wasted on crap tbh.

I would have rather spent 10 mill on one player.

When will we ever learn!
We're going to be relegated. on 08:32 - Jan 16 with 2637 viewsMyFinalHeaven

We're going to be relegated. on 08:02 - Jan 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

a guy who has yet to prove he is anywhere near good enough at this level and incredibly, he's been relegated 3 times in the 4 seasons he's been a starting left back in the Prem. No player in history has a worse record than that.

At Blackburn, Norwich, and Norwich again.

I'm not saying Martin Olssen is a great player, but he could have been one of the best Left Backs in the league and those 3 teams would have still gone down.

That's the thing though: he wasn't one of the best left backs in the world or even anywhere decent, and he played in big part in getting each of those teams relegated.

Come on you Swans.

We're going to be relegated. on 08:46 - Jan 16 with 2621 viewsraynor94

We're going to be relegated. on 08:32 - Jan 16 by MyFinalHeaven

That's the thing though: he wasn't one of the best left backs in the world or even anywhere decent, and he played in big part in getting each of those teams relegated.

And you would fetch in?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We're going to be relegated. on 09:49 - Mar 5 with 2419 viewsdailew

"I'll say it right now: except for maybe Narsingh, none of these acquisitions will even improve our squad. Olsson and Carroll will hardly, if at all be an upgrade over what we currently have. "

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

We're going to be relegated. on 10:00 - Mar 5 with 2386 viewsDr_Winston

Some people get upset when threads like this are lightly mocked.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We're going to be relegated. on 10:04 - Mar 5 with 2361 viewsmonmouth

We're going to be relegated. on 10:00 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

Some people get upset when threads like this are lightly mocked.

To be fair, at least he had an up front opinion and was brave enough to say it, even if it turned out to be garbage. Problem is with painting yourself into a corner is you have a stake in a bad outcome. Internet does funny things to people, but I'm sure he's glad he was wrong. I was pretty underwhelmed by those two signings too, to be honest. Both have been off the scale amazing so far.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We're going to be relegated. on 10:10 - Mar 5 with 2334 viewsDr_Winston

We're going to be relegated. on 10:04 - Mar 5 by monmouth

To be fair, at least he had an up front opinion and was brave enough to say it, even if it turned out to be garbage. Problem is with painting yourself into a corner is you have a stake in a bad outcome. Internet does funny things to people, but I'm sure he's glad he was wrong. I was pretty underwhelmed by those two signings too, to be honest. Both have been off the scale amazing so far.

You can be critical, but the level of histrionics is what amuses me.

You can't be unconvinced about a player. They have to be "Championship at best", or "stealing a wage". In fairness it often goes the other way too, where Alfie Mawson is "becoming a legend" after a couple of dozen games.

Playing for a previously relegated team did not make Olsson a bad player any more than it did Leroy Fer, but the way some people carried on you'd swear they were soley responsible.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We're going to be relegated. on 10:30 - Mar 5 with 2275 viewsStarsky

In fairness to the OP and others that held similar views on this thread.
What we have here is a display of disappointment, anger & passion.

As a veteran supporter of the Swans... The only advice I would give any of you is to keep an open mind on any new signings that have yet to play a game for us.

A big part of the Swans success since 2005 has been signing players that no one else had fancied or discovered. No need to start listing the likes of Leon, Rangel etc... You know who those players are that have been instrumental in our rise.

Olssen, Carroll & Narsingh are proving to be assets to our survival campaign. The improving form of Cork and Lloriente, Mawson and Fernandez in particular has transformed our season.

The new incumbent Paul Clement is the glue that's made this run of form possible.

The only other mindfack I'd offer you is this...

Would the new signings have been Shyte if Bradley was still the manager?

Probably!
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 10:31]

It's just the internet, init.

We're going to be relegated. on 10:59 - Mar 5 with 2226 viewsTheResurrection

We're going to be relegated. on 10:30 - Mar 5 by Starsky

In fairness to the OP and others that held similar views on this thread.
What we have here is a display of disappointment, anger & passion.

As a veteran supporter of the Swans... The only advice I would give any of you is to keep an open mind on any new signings that have yet to play a game for us.

A big part of the Swans success since 2005 has been signing players that no one else had fancied or discovered. No need to start listing the likes of Leon, Rangel etc... You know who those players are that have been instrumental in our rise.

Olssen, Carroll & Narsingh are proving to be assets to our survival campaign. The improving form of Cork and Lloriente, Mawson and Fernandez in particular has transformed our season.

The new incumbent Paul Clement is the glue that's made this run of form possible.

The only other mindfack I'd offer you is this...

Would the new signings have been Shyte if Bradley was still the manager?

Probably!
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 10:31]

True Chris,

But a lot on here haven't got the faintest idea about what they type. Some right mares on this thread.

Our signings have been a breath of fresh air and we would be brown bread without them.

That, and a few key changes.

Clement has found an almost perfect balance in midfield which is both great defensively and creative in attack, he's found places for both Siggy and Fer on the same pitch, he's removed Siggy from number 10 where he's been completely ineffective, especially linking up with Llorente and he's got us playing like a team instead of one or two individuals trying to do too much.

The £20m we spent in January was a complete shock and credit to the American owners for stumping up that net outlay in times of real concern.

Our whole recruitment department really could do with improving as we miss out on a lot of talent out there, from far and wide, however having said that, the deals made in January were spot on, so credit where it's due, begrudgingly so, but hats off.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

We're going to be relegated. on 11:42 - Mar 5 with 2153 viewsperchrockjack

One of the joys of watching sport especially if one has a favourite team is being proved wrong, not right.

If they team benefits and I am wrong I'm happy. Truly makes me chuckle as does the unfettered praise LLORENTE got when he was not really effective

Now he is, I'm happy.

I shall be off to be some fresh croissants to celebrate

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

We're going to be relegated. on 13:12 - Mar 5 with 2071 viewsdailew

We're going to be relegated. on 19:24 - Jan 15 by spiderboy

Not this season,and not the one after either,have faith my fellow brother fans.
Clems going to pull a few rabbits out of his hat,the way he cut to the chase in his post match dressing down was heartening.He knows whats needed and I,m pretty sure hes going to get this team playing to the standard they are capable of.
There were signs yesterday that his ideas are starting to make an impression.We looked good in the first half against a well organised arsenal side,who are,by the way,chasing the prem title and still in the champions league.
The new signings can only improve the side,not by much,admittedly,but then again as earlier posts quite rightly pointed out,we need only a few points more to outdo our near rivals to escape the drop.Be happy.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024