Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread 14:13 - Mar 11 with 13996 viewsBartRowou

Wilson Rafferty McNulty McGahey Andrew NML Rathbone Davies Allen Cannon Henderson

Logan Canavan Vincenti Camps Thompson Morley Kitching

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:14 - Mar 11 with 3295 views442Dale

We played pretty well but you could almost see both their goals coming. Gutting.

Putting Calvin up front when it went to 1-1 illustrated how such a move should have been employed as soon as Davies went off. No matter what else has happened, we've made so many mistakes around the choices at fullback, perfectly illustrated by Rafferty's solid display at right back today.

The amount of late goals we concede is obviously a problem and not taking advantage of the situations we created today leaves us liable to exactly what happened. And that's why it's so frustrating because we did look a dangerous side - the likes of Allen and Rathbone were everywhere as MK couldn't deal with our pressing and NML will always have a goal like that in him (despite the fact he looked tired!)

Still want to kick something. Missed opportunities, today summed up the season really.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:15 - Mar 11 with 3282 viewsbeat_the_bishop

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:03 - Mar 11 by 1mark1

I agree.

Seems it could be Poor game management again, not holding on to a lead/ conceding late on again in a match.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2017 17:04]

We have been our own worst enemy throughout this run. Granted we had our spine broken with injuries, but some of the team selections have been as embarrassing as the run!

Sometimes, it's as simple as going back to basics. Your strongest players, in their strongest position and a consistent run of games. We make changes every single game. It confuses me let alone the players.

Season over for me today. However, the run we had that give us all an erection was unbelievable. This league is as difficult as you want to make it at times. Scunthorpe today being the prime example. No outstanding teams in my opinion.

Cracking squad, as good as ever. But the mistakes have cost us dearly, let's hope they are a little less regular next season. A pairing of Eastham and Keane this season and we'd be sat 5th in my opinion.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:21 - Mar 11 with 3198 viewsNewbury_Dale

Two points dropped today against a really poor side. Keith got it wrong today. Calvin should have started up front and Joe Thompson should not have been involved at all. Really poor from him.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:21 - Mar 11 with 3197 views442Dale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:15 - Mar 11 by beat_the_bishop

We have been our own worst enemy throughout this run. Granted we had our spine broken with injuries, but some of the team selections have been as embarrassing as the run!

Sometimes, it's as simple as going back to basics. Your strongest players, in their strongest position and a consistent run of games. We make changes every single game. It confuses me let alone the players.

Season over for me today. However, the run we had that give us all an erection was unbelievable. This league is as difficult as you want to make it at times. Scunthorpe today being the prime example. No outstanding teams in my opinion.

Cracking squad, as good as ever. But the mistakes have cost us dearly, let's hope they are a little less regular next season. A pairing of Eastham and Keane this season and we'd be sat 5th in my opinion.

Can't argue with any of that. There has to be an admittance that mistakes have been made so that we can learn from them. Fully expect that to happen.

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:31 - Mar 11 with 3115 views442Dale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:21 - Mar 11 by Newbury_Dale

Two points dropped today against a really poor side. Keith got it wrong today. Calvin should have started up front and Joe Thompson should not have been involved at all. Really poor from him.

Thompson's performance was poor, he'll know that. He is what he is, no better or worse than he's ever been and you'll get games like today that make you wonder why he's in the squad. Next week he'll put in a solid shift and you can see why he is. If we want to progress, I wouldn't expect to see him involved as much next season.

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:35 - Mar 11 with 3071 viewsD_Alien

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:31 - Mar 11 by 442Dale

Thompson's performance was poor, he'll know that. He is what he is, no better or worse than he's ever been and you'll get games like today that make you wonder why he's in the squad. Next week he'll put in a solid shift and you can see why he is. If we want to progress, I wouldn't expect to see him involved as much next season.

Just to follow up on your points about mistakes being made; JT would imo make a half-decent attacking fullback and really not sure why he wasn't put there and Calvin put up top when Davies went off injured

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:43 - Mar 11 with 2999 views442Dale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:35 - Mar 11 by D_Alien

Just to follow up on your points about mistakes being made; JT would imo make a half-decent attacking fullback and really not sure why he wasn't put there and Calvin put up top when Davies went off injured

He possibly could, he's certainly not playing well enough in forward positions at the moment. That we felt Kitching had impressed enough to be given a permanent deal and then do ok in a couple of games should have ensured he was an option. He wasn't. Then when a sub was made to finally put Calvin up front, it was Canavan and shifting McNulty to LB.

What's Kitching doing on the bench if he's not the first choice option in those situations? Also, no RNL at all, injured again?

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:45 - Mar 11 with 2986 views1907

Would also like to add that our business in January has left a lot to be desired.

As soon as Davies goes off injured we are stuffed, there's no other option that we have to fit our style of play (bar Calvin). Surely we could have got a big lad with a bit about him on loan from somewhere? Someone who could just hold the ball up more than what Joe can.

LB has been an issue all season bar the Bunney revelation. Kitching and Taylor appear to be wasted signings capable of not a great deal.

Owusu also doesn't appear to be ready to contribute.

Wilson was needed to take Conrad out of the limelight, however I think we are all in agreement that Conrad should be back in the sticks now. Could only listen to commentary today due to work commitments but what I heard wasn't overly positive about Wilson, will need to see the goals properly before condemning however.

If only we had managed to get a couple of experienced players in during January this horrendous run of injuries may not have had such a drastic impact on the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:50 - Mar 11 with 2946 viewsjudd

I doubt we'll get relegated now.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:53 - Mar 11 with 2913 views442Dale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:45 - Mar 11 by 1907

Would also like to add that our business in January has left a lot to be desired.

As soon as Davies goes off injured we are stuffed, there's no other option that we have to fit our style of play (bar Calvin). Surely we could have got a big lad with a bit about him on loan from somewhere? Someone who could just hold the ball up more than what Joe can.

LB has been an issue all season bar the Bunney revelation. Kitching and Taylor appear to be wasted signings capable of not a great deal.

Wilson was needed to take Conrad out of the limelight, however I think we are all in agreement that Conrad should be back in the sticks now. Could only listen to commentary today due to work commitments but what I heard wasn't overly positive about Wilson, will need to see the goals properly before condemning however.

If only we had managed to get a couple of experienced players in during January this horrendous run of injuries may not have had such a drastic impact on the season.

Wilson was ok. But just that. He doesn't inspire confidence or command his area and his kicks aren't anywhere near good enough. It's been said before that Logan should have come back in a couple of games ago, and on days like today he'd have been all over his defence for being so deep for both goals. He needed a rest after all the mistakes, but I don't think many would argue that spell out of the team needs to end.

I'll disagree that we needed to recruit better, more we should have utilised those we did get/those we have so much better. Six points from nine games could have quite easily been twelve, and while that's not exactly promotion form it would have kept us closer to the top six.

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:00 - Mar 11 with 2866 viewsrichfoad32

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 17:45 - Mar 11 by 1907

I wouldn't write Kitching off just yet. I think that he was signed with a view to the future and with a full preseason behind him (I hope) we'll see what he can do next season. Unfortunately circumstances have dictated that he's been pitched straight in before he's ready. Other than that I'd agree the recruitment has been pretty poor, christ knows what's happened to Taylor.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:02 - Mar 11 with 2837 viewsD_Dale

Certainly it's disappointing to drop two points, but most of the comments on this thread show how much higher present-day expectations are: once we would have been happy to have reached the 50 points mark.

At least, our L1 status looks safe for the 2017-18 season - and there are clubs barely half a dozen miles away who'd like to be in that position.

Once promotion this season becomes impossible, some of the younger players might make more appearances. But, frustratingly in some respects, Dale's recent form still leaves the possibility of a return to the string of wins that took us to fourth place.

It must be tougher for the fans of Tuesday's opponents. Four consecutive defeats, including one by a penalty awarded in time added, another when Dawson's 'goal' was wrongly disallowed, and today, after leading 2-0, conceding three penalties in the last quarter hour.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2017 18:07]
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:07 - Mar 11 with 2790 viewsdalenumber2

I've got a feeling we will win on Tuesday - never say die. Up the Dale!
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:08 - Mar 11 with 2789 viewsfitzochris

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:00 - Mar 11 by richfoad32

I wouldn't write Kitching off just yet. I think that he was signed with a view to the future and with a full preseason behind him (I hope) we'll see what he can do next season. Unfortunately circumstances have dictated that he's been pitched straight in before he's ready. Other than that I'd agree the recruitment has been pretty poor, christ knows what's happened to Taylor.

Joel Taylor? Who he?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:17 - Mar 11 with 2707 views1907

Have got to say though having been on such an amazing run, doing such a fantastic job promoting the £100 half season tickets, promotion a real possibility...

To not win a game since the half season tickets went live has to be the most Rochdale thing ever
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:19 - Mar 11 with 2689 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:00 - Mar 11 by richfoad32

.........and Redshaw, wtf.........lying in a hospital bed at whose expense?

Loans have been crappo.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:26 - Mar 11 with 2603 viewsbeat_the_bishop

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:17 - Mar 11 by 1907

Have got to say though having been on such an amazing run, doing such a fantastic job promoting the £100 half season tickets, promotion a real possibility...

To not win a game since the half season tickets went live has to be the most Rochdale thing ever

Very true! You couldn't write it!

I managed to get my dad and two friends on board and now I've stopped saying sorry. I blamed the injuries and the pitch but I think I have to say I'm beaten now haha.

That winning feeling is underrated I must say.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:27 - Mar 11 with 2595 viewsJimlidale

Sat with a mate in the home stand we agreed Dale on top for the first 20 minutes. Rest of the second half was not a particularly good advertisement for L1 football. 2nd half much better from both teams disappointed to have conceded that equalizer but imo and his the draw was a fair result.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:39 - Mar 11 with 2506 viewsColDale

Just seen the goals on sky. Looks to be a deflection from Jamie Allen which sends it in. Think the initial shot was going wide on first view
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:40 - Mar 11 with 2500 views442Dale

<<Rochdale AFC‏ @officiallydale
KH QUOTES: Joe T is with the medics - he's got some sort of bug. RNL went over on his ankle during the wk & S Davies has a calf strain #RAFC >>

Good to get an update. Thompson's performance was obviously affected by that then, so why wasn't he taken off again?!

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 19:06 - Mar 11 with 2341 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:39 - Mar 11 by ColDale

Just seen the goals on sky. Looks to be a deflection from Jamie Allen which sends it in. Think the initial shot was going wide on first view

Thanks Col......that makes us feel even worse.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 19:18 - Mar 11 with 2287 viewsJimmyRustler

Didn't go today but Kitching must be training like Mr Blobby for Calvin to be getting in ahead of him at LB.

Conrad for Wilson Tuesday. Kitching in and Andrew up front. Play players in their rightful positions and go from there I reckon.

As for Taylor, he can go down as one of the worst loan signings ever at this stage. My guess would that his attitude is wrong and that he wasn't overly keen on 'dropping down' to League 1 in the first place. Either that or he's nailed someone at the club's SO. All pure speculation of course.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 19:30 - Mar 11 with 2214 viewsNewbury_Dale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:40 - Mar 11 by 442Dale

<<Rochdale AFC‏ @officiallydale
KH QUOTES: Joe T is with the medics - he's got some sort of bug. RNL went over on his ankle during the wk & S Davies has a calf strain #RAFC >>

Good to get an update. Thompson's performance was obviously affected by that then, so why wasn't he taken off again?!

If Joe is ill then bring Vincent on for Davies. Or put Calvin up front , put Cannon to LB and bring on Camps in midfield. Hills blind faith in Thompson just isn't being repaid.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 19:50 - Mar 11 with 2107 viewsD_Dale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 19:18 - Mar 11 by JimmyRustler

Didn't go today but Kitching must be training like Mr Blobby for Calvin to be getting in ahead of him at LB.

Conrad for Wilson Tuesday. Kitching in and Andrew up front. Play players in their rightful positions and go from there I reckon.

As for Taylor, he can go down as one of the worst loan signings ever at this stage. My guess would that his attitude is wrong and that he wasn't overly keen on 'dropping down' to League 1 in the first place. Either that or he's nailed someone at the club's SO. All pure speculation of course.

Only a few weeks ago on the OS Joel Taylor sounded very keen about coming on loan (below). But Hill does keep some things close to his chest and, as others have said, it's difficult to second-guess him.

The highly-rated left-back, who can also operate as a winger, has joined Dale until the end of the season.

It’s the 20-year-old’s first move away from the Bet365 Stadium and he's delighted to be here: “I’m very excited to be joining a club like Rochdale.

“I’ve been training with the boys for the last couple days and I’ve enjoyed it here, so I’m pleased to have joined on loan.

“I’m also very excited to be playing under Keith Hill, who is a great manager. He knows how to get the best out of his players and I think that will help me with my future development.

“I know that he puts his trust in young players, so I feel like he’ll put his trust in me and I will repay him for that.”
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 20:08 - Mar 11 with 2038 viewsSaxonDale

Went for the first time in a while today and thought we looked OK but sadly nowhere near the standard we were over Christmas when I last saw us.

The equaliser was a blow, but it was coming. I think this is the least fit Hill team I've seen, after 70 minutes all of our attack were struggling for breath. Camps is our best player and unless injured he should be starting, the assist for the second goal was superb. I thought Allen played well at times but he still seems to be going backwards too often for me. He's our best passer so for me he should be the one looking for the forward runs, but too often he went backwards to McNulty, Wilson or McGahey.

Had Davies stayed on we would have won today, Thompson was really poor and put simply isn't a centre forward. His miss in the first half will go down as one of the worst of the season. I hope Davies' injury isn't as bad as it first seemed as otherwise our season is over. Andrew did OK at left back but our defence (including the keeper) simply aren't as good as they were 10 games ago. Rafferty excepted. Canavan was poor in his cameo and showed no composure in trying to close out the game, we need Joe Bunney back ASAP.

The whole team and staff looked distraught when the equaliser went in and I would agree with those who have said that could well be our season over. I think we've got some quality players in our squad (Davies, Allen, Camps, Rafferty, Bunney etc) all of whom could play for pretty much any team in the league and are signed up for next year. I just think our squad isn't deep enough in real quality but it's something that can be and I'm sure will be addressed over summer. Our quality players will be here next season and we're not in a position where we have to sell. Although days like today are disappointing it isn't now or never, I really do believe that next season we will be challenging near the top if lessons are learnt from games like today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024