Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread 14:13 - Mar 11 with 13993 viewsBartRowou

Wilson Rafferty McNulty McGahey Andrew NML Rathbone Davies Allen Cannon Henderson

Logan Canavan Vincenti Camps Thompson Morley Kitching

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 20:21 - Mar 11 with 1977 viewslove_the_dale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 19:50 - Mar 11 by D_Dale

Only a few weeks ago on the OS Joel Taylor sounded very keen about coming on loan (below). But Hill does keep some things close to his chest and, as others have said, it's difficult to second-guess him.

The highly-rated left-back, who can also operate as a winger, has joined Dale until the end of the season.

It’s the 20-year-old’s first move away from the Bet365 Stadium and he's delighted to be here: “I’m very excited to be joining a club like Rochdale.

“I’ve been training with the boys for the last couple days and I’ve enjoyed it here, so I’m pleased to have joined on loan.

“I’m also very excited to be playing under Keith Hill, who is a great manager. He knows how to get the best out of his players and I think that will help me with my future development.

“I know that he puts his trust in young players, so I feel like he’ll put his trust in me and I will repay him for that.”

Don't forget DD, not many people read the OS, and some speak from a position of ignorance. Another recent quote -

“Niall Canavan’s injury will keep him out of the game, while Jack Redshaw has got a problem with shin splints. We’re still waiting on Joe Bunney, Steve Davies and Matty Lund, and we’ve had one or two illnesses — Joel Taylor and Callum Camps, but we’ll be ok."
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 20:34 - Mar 11 with 1925 viewsboromat

Today had the atmosphere of a preseason friendly for me. Loads of the space on the pitch and lots of passing it about from both teams with little effect. I was frustrated with ourselves because we looked threatening with the ball and made it look easy until we went ahead then we let them have the ball just asking for pressure. Same happened when we went 2 - 1 up. Both times we should have carried on on the offensive and tried to increase our lead. Even once they got there second instantly we became the offensive team again.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 21:39 - Mar 11 with 1740 viewsShun

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 18:40 - Mar 11 by 442Dale

<<Rochdale AFC‏ @officiallydale
KH QUOTES: Joe T is with the medics - he's got some sort of bug. RNL went over on his ankle during the wk & S Davies has a calf strain #RAFC >>

Good to get an update. Thompson's performance was obviously affected by that then, so why wasn't he taken off again?!

My first thought on reading that was that they'd mistakenly typed Joe T instead of Joel T. It would make sense as Hill said he's been ill recently. I really wish we could have a quantifiable amount of time Bunney's likely to be out for. And now Keane and Davies, for that matter.

I think Saxon made a really good point earlier when he said this is the least fit side we've ever had under Hill. The crazy amount of late goals we've conceded this season points to that. Either that, or for whatever reason we're mentally switching off far too early in games. Either way, this is a really depressing run of form we're on. Did we ever even go 9 games without a win under Eyre or Coleman?

On to Scunthorpe now where we haven't won in almost 20 years. Joy. We both haven't won in 9 so it could be interesting. Our recent form (over 6 matches) is slightly better than theirs though.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 22:36 - Mar 11 with 1618 viewspioneer

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 21:39 - Mar 11 by Shun

My first thought on reading that was that they'd mistakenly typed Joe T instead of Joel T. It would make sense as Hill said he's been ill recently. I really wish we could have a quantifiable amount of time Bunney's likely to be out for. And now Keane and Davies, for that matter.

I think Saxon made a really good point earlier when he said this is the least fit side we've ever had under Hill. The crazy amount of late goals we've conceded this season points to that. Either that, or for whatever reason we're mentally switching off far too early in games. Either way, this is a really depressing run of form we're on. Did we ever even go 9 games without a win under Eyre or Coleman?

On to Scunthorpe now where we haven't won in almost 20 years. Joy. We both haven't won in 9 so it could be interesting. Our recent form (over 6 matches) is slightly better than theirs though.

yes we had one streak of nine without a win, but not ten. So that will be another record for the club in this league for Keith if we dont manage a win v the Irons.

Before that you would have to go back to the season from hell 1973-74 and I dont think Keith would like to be mentioned alongside that team.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 22:43 - Mar 11 with 1571 views49thseason

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 21:39 - Mar 11 by Shun

We have conceded 15 goals between the 76th and 90th minutes ( which I take to include extra time). The most for or against in any 15 minute period of the game.
http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&teamid=29
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 22:45 - Mar 11 with 2477 views442Dale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 22:36 - Mar 11 by pioneer

yes we had one streak of nine without a win, but not ten. So that will be another record for the club in this league for Keith if we dont manage a win v the Irons.

Before that you would have to go back to the season from hell 1973-74 and I dont think Keith would like to be mentioned alongside that team.

While the current run isn't much fun, it's hardly worth comparing to real periods of depression from the past.

It's a poor set of results but we have a talented squad and a proven manager. Little to be despondent about.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 23:33 - Mar 11 with 2378 viewsjohndale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 22:45 - Mar 11 by 442Dale

While the current run isn't much fun, it's hardly worth comparing to real periods of depression from the past.

It's a poor set of results but we have a talented squad and a proven manager. Little to be despondent about.

Agreed
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 23:49 - Mar 11 with 2343 viewsD_Alien

There's little to be gained from making false comparisons with a different era

We're a highly competitive outfit in this league with everything - and i mean everything - to look forward to

Our two latest performances and results are highly respectable and the only disappointment is we didn't take sufficient advantage when on top of strong opponents

Glass-half-empty doesn't do justice to some of the comments I'm reading on here, not so much "a whole world out there" as alderleydale put it recently as a bizarre parallel universe where pessimism and defeatism are the highest ideals

[Post edited 11 Mar 2017 23:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 00:40 - Mar 12 with 2261 viewsDaley_Lama

Totally agree D_Alien

I was gutted about today, but I'd wager already with anybody (small amount only) that next season we will be competitive once more in this division, rather than worried.

Most key players signed up, obvious room for signings and the requirements are simple and clear.

1. A number one keeper who will play ever game unless injured
2. A striker who is big and strong (a la Davies) who can play 23 games per season
3. A holding midfielder for when Lund is playing Chile or Uganda in a friendly
4. A left back. Secondary cover for Bunney

They are the obvious ones based on where we have been lacking this season.

Having said all that, we'd probably lose 3 wingers in pre-season to injury if all of the above were addressed.

Poll: DF in or out

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 07:10 - Mar 12 with 2170 views1907

Just watched the goals and I'm really disappointed with Wilson's contribution to the first. Our goalkeepers have really let us down too many times this season I'm afraid.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 09:00 - Mar 12 with 2059 viewsTVOS1907

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 00:40 - Mar 12 by Daley_Lama

Totally agree D_Alien

I was gutted about today, but I'd wager already with anybody (small amount only) that next season we will be competitive once more in this division, rather than worried.

Most key players signed up, obvious room for signings and the requirements are simple and clear.

1. A number one keeper who will play ever game unless injured
2. A striker who is big and strong (a la Davies) who can play 23 games per season
3. A holding midfielder for when Lund is playing Chile or Uganda in a friendly
4. A left back. Secondary cover for Bunney

They are the obvious ones based on where we have been lacking this season.

Having said all that, we'd probably lose 3 wingers in pre-season to injury if all of the above were addressed.

1. Agree
2. Is this striker only going to play at home?
3. Lund probably won't be here
4. Agree, although I think Kitching was brought in for that reason

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 09:20 - Mar 12 with 2022 views442Dale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 09:00 - Mar 12 by TVOS1907

1. Agree

I still think that if we can get a good keeper who will push him, Lillis is still more than good enough for this level. Looking at the clubs who are up at the top, there aren't exactly any keepers who you think "wow, he's brilliant", yet Lillis has been consistently good for us. Yes he needs someone who can come in during dips in form and who will challenge him, and if Logan wants to stay and get a proper pre-season behind him then he'd probably be the best choice.

Lund isn't a holding midfielder, as illustrated by the goals he's scored this season when arriving in the box. The Sheff U one being the best example. If/when he leaves we need someone of his ilk who can contribute all over the pitch. Early on in the season this is something Cannon looked capable of so maybe the answer lies within the club. What we do need is a Peter Cavanagh type player who can sit properly in front of the back four and look natural in the holding role. Again the solution could already exist in the dressing room. Keane has played CH out of necessity as he's proven to be reliable in that role, so if we can get in another couple of solid defenders he can step into midfield where he could possibly out-Cavanagh Cavanagh.

Much like this season, recruitment at CH is crucial. McGahey is getting better and better and getting someone solid and experienced in will bring him on further. Canavan will probably go, and we could also look at getting another younger player in who could cover across the back four.

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 09:31 - Mar 12 with 1993 viewsboromat

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 09:20 - Mar 12 by 442Dale

I still think that if we can get a good keeper who will push him, Lillis is still more than good enough for this level. Looking at the clubs who are up at the top, there aren't exactly any keepers who you think "wow, he's brilliant", yet Lillis has been consistently good for us. Yes he needs someone who can come in during dips in form and who will challenge him, and if Logan wants to stay and get a proper pre-season behind him then he'd probably be the best choice.

Lund isn't a holding midfielder, as illustrated by the goals he's scored this season when arriving in the box. The Sheff U one being the best example. If/when he leaves we need someone of his ilk who can contribute all over the pitch. Early on in the season this is something Cannon looked capable of so maybe the answer lies within the club. What we do need is a Peter Cavanagh type player who can sit properly in front of the back four and look natural in the holding role. Again the solution could already exist in the dressing room. Keane has played CH out of necessity as he's proven to be reliable in that role, so if we can get in another couple of solid defenders he can step into midfield where he could possibly out-Cavanagh Cavanagh.

Much like this season, recruitment at CH is crucial. McGahey is getting better and better and getting someone solid and experienced in will bring him on further. Canavan will probably go, and we could also look at getting another younger player in who could cover across the back four.

Think I've said it before Morley could also become that Lund replacement that we may need.

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 09:50 - Mar 12 with 1963 viewsDaley_Lama

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 09:00 - Mar 12 by TVOS1907

1. Agree

2. Pro-rata job share with Davies
3. I still have my fingers crossed on that one
4. Good point. I'll wish for the next Craig Dawson instead.

Overall i'd estimate our squad is 75% there for next season already and that 75% doesn't look too shabby.

The 25% will need to be quality to back this up, Hilly's summer challenge.

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 10:11 - Mar 12 with 1923 viewsboromat

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 09:50 - Mar 12 by Daley_Lama

Overall i'd estimate our squad is 75% there for next season already and that 75% doesn't look too shabby.

Hilly also mentions in his post match a 16yr old left back that he's been very impressed with that he might start to introduce. I thought it was a funny comment with Kitching on the bench but maybe he and Joel T need a real waking up. We don't seem to have that much luck with young players coming from premiership teams a lot of them seem to turn up with a chip on their shoulder and an expectation that they're already good enough. Tutte, Grimes are the two that instantly come to mind.

Anyone know who the 16 yr old is? Could it be the NI youngster?

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 10:16 - Mar 12 with 1910 viewsTVOS1907

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 10:11 - Mar 12 by boromat

Hilly also mentions in his post match a 16yr old left back that he's been very impressed with that he might start to introduce. I thought it was a funny comment with Kitching on the bench but maybe he and Joel T need a real waking up. We don't seem to have that much luck with young players coming from premiership teams a lot of them seem to turn up with a chip on their shoulder and an expectation that they're already good enough. Tutte, Grimes are the two that instantly come to mind.

Anyone know who the 16 yr old is? Could it be the NI youngster?

But we don't know that's what has happened with Taylor and/or Kitching.

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 10:18 - Mar 12 with 1903 viewsTVOS1907

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 09:50 - Mar 12 by Daley_Lama

Davies has just signed a new contract; I'd hope he will do more than job share.

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 10:34 - Mar 12 with 1871 viewsDaley_Lama

Indeed, but he keeps getting blinking injured.

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 10:41 - Mar 12 with 1853 viewsTVOS1907

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 10:34 - Mar 12 by Daley_Lama

Indeed, but he keeps getting blinking injured.

Good job we already have another big striker in the squad then.

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 10:48 - Mar 12 with 1834 viewsDaley_Lama

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 10:41 - Mar 12 by TVOS1907

Good job we already have another big striker in the squad then.

Yep, you could add Joey T and Joey B to Calvin A.

None quite as effective for the team or prolific individually as Stevie D.

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 11:05 - Mar 12 with 1783 viewsTVOS1907

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 10:48 - Mar 12 by Daley_Lama

Aye, but they can job share with him...

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 11:08 - Mar 12 with 1775 views442Dale

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 10:48 - Mar 12 by Daley_Lama

If we want to challenge, Thompson in a central role should never be an option.
Bunney's ability at left back has been more obvious in his absence than when he was playing. Unless we sign someone else, that's likely to be his role from now on. But then again, looked what happened to Done.

In fact, forward wise there's the one standout player right now - looking online, Done's contract at Sheff U expires this summer unless he signed a new one. While we won't obviously match what he's on at Bramall Lane, but he may be happy to get regular football again, similar to when his stint at Barnsley ended.

Forward options of Davies, Andrew, Henderson and Done would be more than good enough.

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 12:05 - Mar 12 with 1683 viewsdingdangblue

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 11:08 - Mar 12 by 442Dale

Bunney's ability at left back has been more obvious in his absence than when he was playing. Unless we sign someone else, that's likely to be his role from now on. But then again, looked what happened to Done.

In fact, forward wise there's the one standout player right now - looking online, Done's contract at Sheff U expires this summer unless he signed a new one. While we won't obviously match what he's on at Bramall Lane, but he may be happy to get regular football again, similar to when his stint at Barnsley ended.

Forward options of Davies, Andrew, Henderson and Done would be more than good enough.

Really hope you are right about Done - has there been anyone who's signed 3 times for us before? Certainly no one who we've previously sold twice!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 12:07 - Mar 12 with 1683 viewsShun

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 11:08 - Mar 12 by 442Dale

Of the three big players out of contract this summer, I've resigned myself to NML and Lund leaving. If, and it's a huge if, Done were to return then he'd more than fill NML's shoes. Unfortunately I rate Lund so highly that I can't see anyone being able to fully replace him.
Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 14:05 - Mar 12 with 1593 viewsShun

Fake Plastic Club Match Thread on 12:05 - Mar 12 by dingdangblue

Really hope you are right about Done - has there been anyone who's signed 3 times for us before? Certainly no one who we've previously sold twice!

McEvilly and TK signed three times I think. Joe Thompson? Will Atkinson maybe (albeit on loan). I don't think we got anywhere near as much transfer fees as we did for Done though!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024