Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borini to A C Milan 00:55 - Jul 2 with 2045 viewsPokerface

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40434103

Not good enough for us though !

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

Borini to A C Milan on 02:08 - Jul 2 with 2010 viewsGroo

Is this an ancient history alert?

and yes, not good enough for us.

Groo does what Groo does best

Borini to A C Milan on 03:11 - Jul 2 with 1997 viewsHumpty

Yeah. He isn't.

The 26-year-old, capped once by Italy in 2012, scored two goals in 26 appearances last season as Sunderland were relegated to the Championship.
Borini to A C Milan on 05:49 - Jul 2 with 1958 viewsDr_Winston

He must have a hell of an agent.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Borini to A C Milan on 06:31 - Jul 2 with 1932 viewsCooperman

Corrrct, not good enough for us.

I'm grateful for what he did in the past but we can do better.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Borini to A C Milan on 06:52 - Jul 2 with 1921 viewsRancid

I think we had the best of him.I thought he'd go to Celtic and be a star up there with Scott Sinclair but he won't mind Milan.
Borini to A C Milan on 07:06 - Jul 2 with 1891 viewsjack247

When people say 'not good enough for us' they invariably mean as first choice, which I'd agree with. He isn't going to Milan to be their star centre forward after a 2 goal season. As a squad player or option from the bench, he is more than good enough for us.
Borini to A C Milan on 07:16 - Jul 2 with 1877 viewsbuilthjack

I can't see them taking him permanently

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Borini to A C Milan on 08:15 - Jul 2 with 1821 viewsSTID2017

Borini to A C Milan on 07:06 - Jul 2 by jack247

When people say 'not good enough for us' they invariably mean as first choice, which I'd agree with. He isn't going to Milan to be their star centre forward after a 2 goal season. As a squad player or option from the bench, he is more than good enough for us.

How is he an option for us ?
We need a first choice striker who can give us 20+ goals (hopefully Llorente is that man)
We then need back up on the bench that can promise at least 10+ goals per season (assuming he plays half the games)
Nothing in Borini's record since he left us indicates he is that man
He may like Gomis prove that some out there know more than us, but I don't see it.
Defoe on the other hand, even though he's older, would have been a perfect signing

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Borini to A C Milan on 08:18 - Jul 2 with 1819 viewsCooperman

We could well do without another fifty grand a week benchwarmer.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Borini to A C Milan on 09:43 - Jul 2 with 1728 viewsjack247

Borini to A C Milan on 08:15 - Jul 2 by STID2017

How is he an option for us ?
We need a first choice striker who can give us 20+ goals (hopefully Llorente is that man)
We then need back up on the bench that can promise at least 10+ goals per season (assuming he plays half the games)
Nothing in Borini's record since he left us indicates he is that man
He may like Gomis prove that some out there know more than us, but I don't see it.
Defoe on the other hand, even though he's older, would have been a perfect signing

You're in dreamland if you think we're going to have a 20+ a season striker and a 10+ season backup. Only Tottenham and Chelsea managed that last season and their second top scorers were Delle Alli and Hazard, more comparable to Gylfi than a reserve striker. You think Defoe as a backup would have been realistic?

The point I was making is that the OP stating he is going to Milan but 'not good enough for us' is that he isn't going to Milan as a first team player. He hasn't done anything of note since he left us, but I'd rather him on the bench than Baston or McBurnie to be honest.
Borini to A C Milan on 09:48 - Jul 2 with 1714 viewsSTID2017

Borini to A C Milan on 09:43 - Jul 2 by jack247

You're in dreamland if you think we're going to have a 20+ a season striker and a 10+ season backup. Only Tottenham and Chelsea managed that last season and their second top scorers were Delle Alli and Hazard, more comparable to Gylfi than a reserve striker. You think Defoe as a backup would have been realistic?

The point I was making is that the OP stating he is going to Milan but 'not good enough for us' is that he isn't going to Milan as a first team player. He hasn't done anything of note since he left us, but I'd rather him on the bench than Baston or McBurnie to be honest.

In theory we did last season.
Had Llorente kicked off from the start of the season, he would have scored over 20 goals.
Had Baston shown anywhere near his potential, he have got a fair amount.
So it's not so unrealistic.
Borini is still young, but couldn't make it elsewhere - why would he make it here ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Borini to A C Milan on 09:53 - Jul 2 with 1700 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Borini to A C Milan on 09:48 - Jul 2 by STID2017

Had Llorente kicked off from the start of the season, he would have scored over 20 goals.
Borini is still young, but couldn't make it elsewhere - why would he make it here ?

i don't really think you can judge him after being put on the wing by allardyce and Moyes for a struggling sunderland team

Always thought he'd be a good option for us however now we have Ayew I'm not so sure

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Borini to A C Milan on 10:05 - Jul 2 with 1671 viewsJFSwan

Was good for us. Was good for Roma.
Didn't kick on from there.
Borini to A C Milan on 10:27 - Jul 2 with 1622 viewsbalboajack

So... If Llorente would have scored more, he would have scored 20+
And if Baston has scored lots he would have had a 'fair amount'.
Most rediculous and pointless post ever.
If my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle
Borini to A C Milan on 10:37 - Jul 2 with 1600 viewsjack247

Had Baston lived up to his reputation, Llorente would have been an impact sub and wouldn't have got anywhere near 20 goals.

It's completely unrealistic when you consider nobody else in the entire league managed it. Only two teams had players scoring 20 and 10 goals and in both of those cases one was a striker, the other a midfielder and all 4 players pretty much always started when they were available.

I don't think Borini would make it here. I do think he would be a better backup than anyone we have currently got. I don't think he will play much at all at Milan, so I don't think good enough for Milan but not good enough for us is a realistic comparison.
Borini to A C Milan on 11:39 - Jul 2 with 1531 viewsPrivate_Partz

Borini to A C Milan on 05:49 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

He must have a hell of an agent.

Or their scouts and management can see something in him that others can't?
He hardly had much time at Liverpool and I cannot think of a style less suited to him than the Moyles sets up.
It would not surprise me if he has a decent contract and is a success. We never had the opportunity to see how he would fair in our setup in the top flight.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Borini to A C Milan on 12:38 - Jul 2 with 1465 viewsCambJack

What kind of off-the-bench option is he though? One likely to score a winning goal if required? Probably not.
Borini to A C Milan on 17:32 - Jul 2 with 1323 viewsr0ckin

The eternal Swansea problem, like everything down here.

Living in the past.

Peace

Borini to A C Milan on 18:01 - Jul 2 with 1308 viewsjack247

Borini to A C Milan on 12:38 - Jul 2 by CambJack

What kind of off-the-bench option is he though? One likely to score a winning goal if required? Probably not.

Not really. I'm only comparing him to Baston and McBurnie. I'm not advocating signing him. With the exception of Gomis when Bony was still here, he is probably as good as any backup striker we have had in the PL
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024