Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterbrough Game 13:41 - Jul 13 with 4241 viewsdaveB

Bit of an odd one, according to getWestLondon the game will be a 120minute match with 4 quarters 30 minutes each.

Am going to this one but sounds a bit of a waste of time

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-webchat-new-hoop

Peterbrough Game on 13:48 - Jul 13 with 4224 viewssmegma

Glad to be going to Bovingdon for the U23 game instead then. I'm sorry but what a load of b0ll0cks.
Peterbrough Game on 13:53 - Jul 13 with 4210 viewsdaveB

Peterbrough Game on 13:48 - Jul 13 by smegma

Glad to be going to Bovingdon for the U23 game instead then. I'm sorry but what a load of b0ll0cks.

I can see why they are doing it so they play 2 different teams for an hour each but would have been handy if they had said this when they started selling tickets. My son will just about sit through 90 minutes of a league game let alone an extra half an hour of pre season.
Peterbrough Game on 13:57 - Jul 13 with 4196 viewsStevenageRanger

Peterbrough Game on 13:48 - Jul 13 by smegma

I see this re Bovingdon

http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/sport/football/village-side-to-face-qpr-1-8030407

This bit is very strange

“A small village club like ours hosting QPR — it’s a good little story.”

To put it into context, QPR’s other friendlies during their pre-season campaign are against the likes of Athletico Bilboa, Aston Villa and Premier League outfit Southampton.

Have I missed something? :)
Peterbrough Game on 13:59 - Jul 13 with 4187 viewssmegma

It reminds of the two hour game at Loftus Road when Cantona equalised as last orders were being called in the Springbok.
Peterbrough Game on 14:02 - Jul 13 with 4181 viewstoboboly

Peterbrough Game on 13:53 - Jul 13 by daveB

I can see why they are doing it so they play 2 different teams for an hour each but would have been handy if they had said this when they started selling tickets. My son will just about sit through 90 minutes of a league game let alone an extra half an hour of pre season.

Kingstonian recently tried to do a similar thing for one of their pre-season games and the FA said no.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Peterbrough Game on 14:14 - Jul 13 with 4152 viewssmegma

Peterbrough Game on 14:02 - Jul 13 by toboboly

Kingstonian recently tried to do a similar thing for one of their pre-season games and the FA said no.

I was at Hayes & Yeading vs Hemel Hempstead last Saturday. I only discovered it was 4 x 30 minutes when I arrived at the ground. It was basically two different teams each game.
Peterbrough Game on 14:16 - Jul 13 with 4147 viewssmegma

Peterbrough Game on 13:57 - Jul 13 by StevenageRanger

I see this re Bovingdon

This bit is very strange

To put it into context, QPR’s other friendlies during their pre-season campaign are against the likes of Athletico Bilboa, Aston Villa and Premier League outfit Southampton.

Bovingdon are managed by Marc Birchams brother.
Peterbrough Game on 14:29 - Jul 13 with 4114 viewsSimonJames

Bugger!
#3 son, who is 7, has been making disconcerting noises recently about wanting to support Liverpool - he lives in Essex and was born in Harlow ffs!
So I thought a first outing to see the Superhoops was in order... but I can't see him sitting through 2 hours of it.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 12:23]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Peterbrough Game on 14:31 - Jul 13 with 4109 viewsStevenageRanger

Peterbrough Game on 14:16 - Jul 13 by smegma

Bovingdon are managed by Marc Birchams brother.

Yes I was aware of that just surprised what the articles says our other opponents are for pre-season!
Peterbrough Game on 14:40 - Jul 13 with 4084 viewsNorthernr

Peterbrough Game on 14:29 - Jul 13 by SimonJames

Bugger!
#3 son, who is 7, has been making disconcerting noises recently about wanting to support Liverpool - he lives in Essex and was born in Harlow ffs!
So I thought a first outing to see the Superhoops was in order... but I can't see him sitting through 2 hours of it.

you wouldn't wish it on anybody really would you? That Swindon cup tie that went to extra time last year I could feel the life draining out of me.
Peterbrough Game on 14:45 - Jul 13 with 4073 viewssmegma

Peterbrough Game on 14:31 - Jul 13 by StevenageRanger

Yes I was aware of that just surprised what the articles says our other opponents are for pre-season!

Those are all our under 23 preseasons.A lot of our under 18s will feature on Saturday in Bovingdon. Their games are usually 'free' as they play in the Herts League . For this they are charging £3 to adults just to try and raise a few quid, there's a BBQ before the game to encourage families etc .....It's obviously a big deal to Bovingdon , a village whose only claim to fame is Dave Seaman lives there.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 14:46]
Peterbrough Game on 15:02 - Jul 13 with 4036 viewsdaveB

Bugger!

I've got a similar issue, my son been wanting to do an away game for ages so picked this one as it's easy to get to and pre season so less idiots than usual but a 2 hour game with lots of changes sounds difficult.
Peterbrough Game on 15:31 - Jul 13 with 3989 viewsaston_hoop

I see this re Bovingdon

This bit is very strange

Surely the important question is, when is the exciting away trip to Athletic Bilbao?? did I miss something??

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Peterbrough Game on 15:49 - Jul 13 with 3950 viewsenfieldargh

Bugger!

easy Turn up for the 3rd quarter and dont ask anyone the score of the first bit

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Peterbrough Game on 16:19 - Jul 13 with 3891 viewsSimonJames

Peterbrough Game on 15:49 - Jul 13 by enfieldargh

easy Turn up for the 3rd quarter and dont ask anyone the score of the first bit

Why didn't I think of that?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Peterbrough Game on 16:22 - Jul 13 with 3880 viewstoboboly

Peterbrough Game on 13:53 - Jul 13 by daveB

This raises an important point; people may have bought train tickets based on 90 minutes and now the game parameters have been changed. They shouldn't be allowed to change anything once advertised.

Might be good for the team but when people are paying money for something they need to be transparent and not take the piss.

Peterbrough Game on 03:05 - Jul 14 with 3660 viewsozranger

This appears to be common practice now with friendlies. Cambridge v Ebbsfleet are doing the same next Tuesday. For those baseball minded, it is sort of like playing split squad games at spring training.
Peterbrough Game on 03:17 - Jul 14 with 3655 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I see this re Bovingdon

This bit is very strange

There's behind closed doors games, and then there are behind closed doors games. These fixtures are the latter!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Peterbrough Game on 04:22 - Jul 14 with 3642 viewsColombiR

I see this re Bovingdon

This bit is very strange

More importantly, who is Athletico Bilboa?
Is it a relation of Rocky's?
Peterbrough Game on 10:05 - Jul 14 with 3439 viewsterryb

Peterbrough Game on 16:22 - Jul 13 by toboboly

This raises an important point; people may have bought train tickets based on 90 minutes and now the game parameters have been changed. They shouldn't be allowed to change anything once advertised.

Might be good for the team but when people are paying money for something they need to be transparent and not take the piss.

I may be wrong, but I think that it was stated when the Peterborough match was announced.

I've not looked since, but I was aware it would be played in four quarters over two hours. And that is the only way I would have known!

* Just looked. The friendly & that it would be for two hours was announced on May 4th. Is that not transparent enough for supporters?
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 10:15]
Peterbrough Game on 10:57 - Jul 14 with 3382 viewsdaveB

Peterbrough Game on 10:05 - Jul 14 by terryb

I may be wrong, but I think that it was stated when the Peterborough match was announced.

I've not looked since, but I was aware it would be played in four quarters over two hours. And that is the only way I would have known!

* Just looked. The friendly & that it would be for two hours was announced on May 4th. Is that not transparent enough for supporters?

When did they say it was a two hour game? Only mention of it I can find on the offish is the preview of the game which went online today.
Peterbrough Game on 10:58 - Jul 14 with 3377 viewstoboboly

Peterbrough Game on 10:05 - Jul 14 by terryb

Not sure they did, my recollection was that it was a pre-season game at Peterborough.

Peterbrough Game on 16:24 - Jul 14 with 3208 viewsdaveB

Peterbrough Game on 10:58 - Jul 14 by toboboly

Not sure they did, my recollection was that it was a pre-season game at Peterborough.

club replied to me today and said it was announced back in May, I'll be honest I can't find that article on the offish to say that and don't remember seeing it but will take their word for it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024