Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Done 09:17 - Jul 23 with 54393 views1907

Alan Nixon confirming we are in the process of agreeing a fee with Sheff U for Done. Was spotted at the game yesterday too.
Matt Done on 14:40 - Aug 3 with 4347 viewsDaleiLama

Matt Done on 14:38 - Aug 3 by D_Alien

I asked if we were Ready...

WE ARE NOW!!!

They think it's all over ............

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Matt Done on 14:45 - Aug 3 with 4252 views442Dale

Matt Done on 14:37 - Aug 3 by SuddenLad

If Matt Done is squad number 16, who will be alloctaed the number 7 shirt as per the earlier list......??

Done was 16 last time he was here. He'll have chosen the same number.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matt Done on 14:51 - Aug 3 with 4191 viewsrochdaleriddler

Brilliant news, let's have a week of season ticket promotion on the back of it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Matt Done on 14:51 - Aug 3 with 4191 viewsTVOS1907

Matt Done on 14:45 - Aug 3 by 442Dale

Done was 16 last time he was here. He'll have chosen the same number.

He's aged well.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matt Done on 14:53 - Aug 3 with 4158 viewsTVOS1907

Wilder's comments: https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2017/august/done-leaves/

Matt Done on 15:01 - Aug 3 with 4056 viewsShun

Matt Done on 21:56 - Jul 30 by DaleFan7

His wages are far too high for him to come back here. He's still only 29, played 30+ games for Sheff U last season, he'd have no reason to. Even if he left Sheff U, he could earn far more somewhere else. He isn't coming back here, people need to move on regarding old players signing back here. Seems to be an unhealthy obsession with it.

Awks.
Matt Done on 15:04 - Aug 3 with 4023 viewsboromat

Big turnaround from the fans forum last night

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Matt Done on 15:07 - Aug 3 with 3969 viewsrochedale

You can all thank me later, if it wasn't for my tweaking of the nipples of the transfer gods, this deal would never have happened. It was all in the long-game!!

Excellent news, what a forward line, and team, we have now!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Done on 15:41 - Aug 3 with 3766 viewsdale2012

Matt Done on 15:41 - Aug 3 with 3766 viewssteofthedale

That's solved the left back issues caused by Bunney's injury.

steofthedale*

Matt Done on 15:54 - Aug 3 with 3673 viewsSaxonDale

Matt Done on 15:41 - Aug 3 by steofthedale

I'd be amazed, and hugely disappointed, if Done played anywhere else than upfront during his time here- bar the occasional switch to 'the hole' or on the wing during a game. Towards the end of his last spell here we had found a system which worked as well as any we've had since. An attack led by Done, whilst being supported by Hendo, Davies and the other signings will have the rest of the league terrified.

I think this is a huge signing. How must Rotherham feel? Previous 'little' Rochdale beating them to a signing who the manager had publically named as a signing he'd be interested in. Add them to Bradford who we rumoured to have beaten for the Williams signing and it shows the intent and stature that this club now has. I think we have a strike force in Done, Davies, Hendo and Andrew which will be up there with the very best in this league, same could be said for our midfield options and again for our fullbacks. Considering the budget we've done it on that is incredible.

I think if our defence sorts itself out then we'll finish play offs. Minimum.
Matt Done on 16:06 - Aug 3 with 3585 viewsStourdale

Matt Done on 15:54 - Aug 3 by SaxonDale

I'd be amazed, and hugely disappointed, if Done played anywhere else than upfront during his time here- bar the occasional switch to 'the hole' or on the wing during a game. Towards the end of his last spell here we had found a system which worked as well as any we've had since. An attack led by Done, whilst being supported by Hendo, Davies and the other signings will have the rest of the league terrified.

I think this is a huge signing. How must Rotherham feel? Previous 'little' Rochdale beating them to a signing who the manager had publically named as a signing he'd be interested in. Add them to Bradford who we rumoured to have beaten for the Williams signing and it shows the intent and stature that this club now has. I think we have a strike force in Done, Davies, Hendo and Andrew which will be up there with the very best in this league, same could be said for our midfield options and again for our fullbacks. Considering the budget we've done it on that is incredible.

I think if our defence sorts itself out then we'll finish play offs. Minimum.

I was thinking exactly the same. If only we could have one decent CH to play alongside McGahey. We have great quality everywhere else on the pitch and not just that but good options off the bench too.
Matt Done on 16:10 - Aug 3 with 3560 viewsTVOS1907

We signed Ntlhe last Friday to solve that issue.

Matt Done on 16:10 - Aug 3 with 3558 viewsShun

This really is such a great signing. And as others have pointed out, it shows the stature and pulling power we now hold. Signing a forward in his prime, who's just been promoted as a champion of this league with a team who he signed for (for a large fee!) after having a great spell here, also in this league, I can't express how big that is. Fantastic, well done to Keith and Russ and the board.

I wonder if he'll play on Saturday. Hill has a history of signing players and them not being in the team straight away.
Matt Done on 16:13 - Aug 3 with 3534 viewsJamest1994

Free transfer makes this deal even better!
Matt Done on 16:39 - Aug 3 with 3379 viewssteofthedale

For those unable to spot irony.......

Said with tongue firmly in cheek.

steofthedale*

Matt Done on 16:40 - Aug 3 with 3376 viewsIanP

Fantastic statement of how far we have come as a club
Matt Done on 16:51 - Aug 3 with 3297 viewsnordenblue

Matt Done on 16:13 - Aug 3 by Jamest1994

Free transfer makes this deal even better!

Probably not actually the case if/when the full details come out....i think they turned down 100k from another club so I'd guess that any promotion clause owed to us was somewhere in that region,either way it suits all parties so a massive well done to the club and I'm assuming Dones wish to return to the club also swung any deal
[Post edited 3 Aug 2017 16:54]
Matt Done on 16:51 - Aug 3 with 3287 viewsCanaDale

Wow, what a way to start the morning! Fantastic news, a real coup for the club. It just shows like, how far we've come in recent years too, and just the news to get the excitement levels up for saturday.
Matt Done on 16:54 - Aug 3 with 3261 viewsdingdangblue

Matt Done on 16:10 - Aug 3 by TVOS1907

We signed Ntlhe last Friday to solve that issue.

Easy for you to say!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matt Done on 16:57 - Aug 3 with 3228 viewsColDale

Matt Done on 14:37 - Aug 3 by SuddenLad

If Matt Done is squad number 16, who will be alloctaed the number 7 shirt as per the earlier list......??

Is this the first suggestion that RNL has left the club? He was squad number sixteen
Matt Done on 16:58 - Aug 3 with 3220 viewsSaxonDale

Matt Done on 16:39 - Aug 3 by steofthedale

For those unable to spot irony.......

Said with tongue firmly in cheek.

Apologies steofthedale, your post whooshed me.

In my defence since hearing the news my mind has been busy replaying every career Done highlight.
Matt Done on 17:38 - Aug 3 with 3042 viewsboromat

Matt Done on 16:51 - Aug 3 by nordenblue

Probably not actually the case if/when the full details come out....i think they turned down 100k from another club so I'd guess that any promotion clause owed to us was somewhere in that region,either way it suits all parties so a massive well done to the club and I'm assuming Dones wish to return to the club also swung any deal
[Post edited 3 Aug 2017 16:54]

All the stories do say free transfer and not undisclosed fee so I think it really was a free transfer. If anything I'm guessing Sheffield have cut their losses a large wage now freed up. Also we will have had a lot of clauses sell ons etc and also maybe a promotion clause. Potentially we've lost out on some money by taking him back on a free transfer.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Matt Done on 18:40 - Aug 3 with 2866 viewsmoth5368

I'm totally buzzing about what's happened over the closed season. Just waiting for parkins gimp to complain
Matt Done on 19:01 - Aug 3 with 2787 viewssteofthedale

Matt Done on 16:58 - Aug 3 by SaxonDale

Apologies steofthedale, your post whooshed me.

In my defence since hearing the news my mind has been busy replaying every career Done highlight.

Likewise......

The way he and Hendo would terrify defenders by making diagonal runs from out wide and turning the centre halfs inside out.....

The boundless energy of Matty chasing everything in the opposition half for 90 mins....

steofthedale*

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024