Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level 22:06 - Sep 1 with 43135 viewsTheResurrection

The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:02 - May 9 with 2736 viewsswan65split

its like Ryan and Ronnie
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:02 - May 9 with 2732 viewsthereisnospoon

This is seriously the most pathetic thread ever made in this website's history.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:07 - May 9 with 2693 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:57 - May 9 by theloneranger

Reading these old Res threads...

It's like reading David Icke's diary

Even David Icke has far more credibility than the box office res

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:08 - May 9 with 2686 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:02 - May 9 by thereisnospoon

This is seriously the most pathetic thread ever made in this website's history.

And there's been stiff competition too

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:10 - May 9 with 2667 viewsthereisnospoon

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:08 - May 9 by Brynmill_Jack

And there's been stiff competition too

That's the thing. There's been an utterly colossal amount of retarded threads made over the years here, but this one, this one truly takes the cake. And it's not even close.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:11 - May 9 with 2662 viewsicecoldjack

This is comedy gold right here ..

" Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners."

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:13 - May 9 with 2641 viewsFerrieBodde

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:11 - May 9 by icecoldjack

" Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners."

Indeed mate. Straight comedy up and down and in every single line. It's incredible. If I ever need a good laugh I'll just revisit this thread.

The thread creator is a right clown
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:14 - May 9 with 2628 viewsKerouac

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:34 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

What Laudrup did better than anyone was making us an attractive attacking unit throughout. That West Brom game being the perfect example. Our fast flowing midfield made us tick and we were capable of moving the ball from back to front with consummate ease. This brought a lot of creativity in the final third but it's a classic example of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

I'd love that to be the case for this season, but as for now, I think in isolation this is our greatest attack.

I think this is my favourite...

"I think in isolation this is our greatest attack."

F*ck my arse and then f*ck it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:19 - May 9 with 2600 viewsswan65split

stop it please.......my sides are hurting......im at a moment where I dont know whether to laugh or cry....ah feck it let him call me a fecking muppet.....carry on lol
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:22 - May 9 with 2576 viewsGeoffThom

What a feckin bueate the op is
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 06:10 - May 10 with 2450 viewstrampie

This thread is another Res classic the guy is deluded.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level (n/t) on 07:35 - May 10 with 2364 viewsswan65split

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 06:10 - May 10 by trampie

This thread is another Res classic the guy is deluded.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:40 - May 10 with 2307 viewsthereisnospoon

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:56 - May 10 with 2291 viewsthereisnospoon

I can't stop laughing at this thread. The stuff that's said in it...god.

The dumb cretin of an OP knows less about football than anyone I've ever seen. How he thought this shower of shite was the second coming of the Invincibles and bummed Carroll and Clucas like they were Pogba and David Silva and sucked Clement's cock like he was Guardiola is incredible. Reading the superlatives and praise he expressed about one of the worst teams in PL history is downright nauseating.

I'm glad he got what he wanted though. He bitched and moaned from the rooftops week after week about how nice it would be for Llorente and Sigurdsson to "fack off." Now that we're down I hope he's happy
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:04 - May 10 with 2267 viewsSTID2017

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:56 - May 10 by thereisnospoon

I can't stop laughing at this thread. The stuff that's said in it...god.

The dumb cretin of an OP knows less about football than anyone I've ever seen. How he thought this shower of shite was the second coming of the Invincibles and bummed Carroll and Clucas like they were Pogba and David Silva and sucked Clement's cock like he was Guardiola is incredible. Reading the superlatives and praise he expressed about one of the worst teams in PL history is downright nauseating.

I'm glad he got what he wanted though. He bitched and moaned from the rooftops week after week about how nice it would be for Llorente and Sigurdsson to "fack off." Now that we're down I hope he's happy

He'll never admit he was wrong on those two - still waiting for the Swansealona football to start .
Maybe Sunday ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:05 - May 10 with 2269 viewsomarjack

This thread..It has to be taught in English literature classes as an example of subtle sarcasm and irony.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:08 - May 10 with 2258 viewsTheResurrection

I got the Clement bit horribly wrong. If we had a decent manager from a month or two after this post was made we'd have been alright.

We held out too long with Siggy, we held onto Clement for too long as well.

And we got unlucky with injuries.

It's a football forum, get it out there, make it interesting, stand by your guns and what you believe in.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:17 - May 10 with 2219 viewsomarjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:08 - May 10 by TheResurrection

I got the Clement bit horribly wrong. If we had a decent manager from a month or two after this post was made we'd have been alright.

It's a football forum, get it out there, make it interesting, stand by your guns and what you believe in.

Yes..Bony's injury has screwed us..as he was doing ok before it. And with the right manager and the 2 Ayews (shouldn't have waited till january to buy Siggy replacement obviously) on flanks we would have looked decent..BUT!

This is not FIFA. The reality was that the club purchased an ageing,damaged player who had a sh!t season on loan to Stoke with a terrible injury record.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:19 - May 10 with 2213 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:33 - May 9 by FerrieBodde

Jesus Christ I can't stop laughing. This is too fvcking funny.

Incredible how one person can be so horrendously wrong about everything. It really is. Words cannot express how stupid and delusional this bloke is. It's truly mindboggling.

This imbecile literally swore up and down that we were going to have the best squad in our history despite an absolute travesty of a summer window and even called it our "best window ever." He even told us to "quit the childish quips about the Yanks." Everyone with half a brain could see we were in trouble, and in actuality what we got was by far our worst ever squad in the PL and one that would struggle in the Championship.

All those threads day in and day out about how much better we were going to be with the "tvvats" Sigurdsson and Lllorente gone, how we were "going to be in the next level"....now that we're relegated, I hope he got what he wanted
[Post edited 9 May 2018 22:35]

Even after we've gone down know I'm still surprised he hasn't made a thread calling everyone "kants" and telling us to stop criticizing the Yanks. The idiot's been licking their ass since they took over like they're Abramovich or something. I mean look at this rubbish:

"We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

Yeah, they've driven us to the ground and got us relegated. They've surely done us proud you dumb cvnt.

The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

If nothing else, I really hope this poor soul has finally opened up his own eyes. Lord have mercy on someone as stupid he is.

Come on you Swans.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:52 - May 10 with 2160 viewsNookiejack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:17 - May 10 by omarjack

Yes..Bony's injury has screwed us..as he was doing ok before it. And with the right manager and the 2 Ayews (shouldn't have waited till january to buy Siggy replacement obviously) on flanks we would have looked decent..BUT!

This is not FIFA. The reality was that the club purchased an ageing,damaged player who had a sh!t season on loan to Stoke with a terrible injury record.

Yes spot on.

Andre Ayew signing wasn't a good one either - he wasn't in good form for West Ham.

Both those signings smacked of Man City and West Ham owed us outstanding payments for the initial transfers - so probably some deal was done to bring them back.

So you have to wonder why we pay a Director of Football £500k a year, just for bringing back players you have sold. Surely you are paying a Director of Football £500k a year for one's contacts.

We nearly stayed up with only scoring 27 goals and will look back at this season, in a few years time thinking, if we only made a couple of better decisions in our signings, would have been.

Buying back a crocked Bony has really cost us - we were relying at the end on Abrahams and Ayew brothers, who are essentially wingers for our goals.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:31 - May 10 with 2113 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:08 - May 10 by TheResurrection

Regarding the injuries

Yes I’d agree we’d have stayed up if bony stayed fit and Fer with regards to that also.
Small margins but a big crevasse of quality and recruitment finally caught us up .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:47 - May 10 with 2028 viewsMyFinalHeaven

"The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show."

[Post edited 10 May 2018 11:48]

Come on you Swans.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:50 - May 10 with 2020 viewsomarjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:11 - May 9 by icecoldjack

It's the 1st time I dwell on these lines..it's safe to say I laughed so hard I woke up my cat and everyone in the house..this is just so bitterly funny..

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:08 - May 10 with 1983 viewsMrSwerve

Yeah, fair play, football forums are for putting opinions and predictions across.

When you call nearly everyone on here 'facking mugs and pr1cks' in the process of getting almost everything wrong though, you've got to expect some pelters coming your way. The next few seasons will be interesting for you on here should you continue with that username!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:40 - May 10 with 1938 viewsswan65split

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:08 - May 10 by MrSwerve

Yeah, fair play, football forums are for putting opinions and predictions across.

When you call nearly everyone on here 'facking mugs and pr1cks' in the process of getting almost everything wrong though, you've got to expect some pelters coming your way. The next few seasons will be interesting for you on here should you continue with that username!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024