Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level 22:06 - Sep 1 with 43137 viewsTheResurrection

The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:49 - May 10 with 3271 viewsvetchonian

just further evidence to support the fact that this idiot has no idea and adding credence to the saying "empty vessels make most noise"

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:52 - May 10 with 3263 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:08 - May 10 by TheResurrection

I got the Clement bit horribly wrong. If we had a decent manager from a month or two after this post was made we'd have been alright.

We held out too long with Siggy, we held onto Clement for too long as well.

And we got unlucky with injuries.

It's a football forum, get it out there, make it interesting, stand by your guns and what you believe in.

You got it all wrong. Nobody would have minded but you then went on to abuse everyone who disagreed with you in the foulest manner. You stood foursquare behind the people who caused this catastrophe and defended them to the hilt (which you didn't before) and accused the fans of lacking in passion.

There's no better way to alienate a football fan than to falsely accuse them of disloyalty to the club they love (and spend a large amount of their income in support of).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 19:53 - May 10 with 3143 viewsDarran

Mega lolz.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 19:57 - May 10 with 3127 viewsHeadmaster

How on earth did that post get 22 upvotes?

People on this forum never cease to amaze me.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:17 - May 10 with 3058 views34dfgdf54

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:31 - May 10 by oh_tommy_tommy

Regarding the injuries

Yes I’d agree we’d have stayed up if bony stayed fit and Fer with regards to that also.
Small margins but a big crevasse of quality and recruitment finally caught us up .

That’s the thing thing though, Bony was never going to stay fit. Most people knew that when we signed him. Bellamy had said he had heard from those at Stoke and City that his body was completely shot to bits.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:20 - May 10 with 3037 viewsBanosswan

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:17 - May 10 by 34dfgdf54

That’s the thing thing though, Bony was never going to stay fit. Most people knew that when we signed him. Bellamy had said he had heard from those at Stoke and City that his body was completely shot to bits.

Did alright for a 47 year old though.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:35 - May 10 with 2932 viewsNookiejack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:20 - May 10 by Banosswan

Did alright for a 47 year old though.

Jenkins didn’t have a striker lined up to replace Siggy and Llorente who weee going.

The Bony signing just seemed a last minute despartate signing.

It was a tremendous risk given his recent injury record.

Especially that we only had Abrahams as the other striker. Who on the balance of probabilities wasn’t going to get you enough goals to stay up.

Jenkins was being paid £500k a year for this decision making - which has really cost us.

We nearly stayed up with just scoring 27 goals- what a great shame.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:45 - May 10 with 2897 viewsAl_Bundy

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:52 - May 10 by Brynmill_Jack

You got it all wrong. Nobody would have minded but you then went on to abuse everyone who disagreed with you in the foulest manner. You stood foursquare behind the people who caused this catastrophe and defended them to the hilt (which you didn't before) and accused the fans of lacking in passion.

There's no better way to alienate a football fan than to falsely accuse them of disloyalty to the club they love (and spend a large amount of their income in support of).

This x 10
Login to get fewer ads

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level (n/t) on 21:54 - May 10 with 2873 viewsGaryjack

[Post edited 12 May 2018 13:03]
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:06 - May 10 with 2832 viewsbluey_the_blue

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level (n/t) on 21:54 - May 10 by Garyjack

I never trusted that ECB fella. Bet his eyes are too close together.

Where is TheRes anyway?
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:13 - May 10 with 2805 viewsswan65split

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:06 - May 10 by bluey_the_blue

I never trusted that ECB fella. Bet his eyes are too close together.

Where is TheRes anyway?

Hes been on in one form or another......writing his script probably.....or doing lines.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:20 - May 10 with 2782 viewsmagicdaps10

To the OP

Your an absolute simpleton, now fack off you kunt.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 13:45 - May 11 with 2633 viewsFerrieBodde

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 19:57 - May 10 by Headmaster

How on earth did that post get 22 upvotes?

People on this forum never cease to amaze me.

Exactly my thoughts. We've got some proper morons supporting us. Utter retards the lot of them.

Anyone with half a fvcking brain would have known that we were in serious trouble and that our shower of shit squad wasn't capable of competing in the Premier League. How these 22 imbeciles thought the opposite is absolutely beyond me.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 14:59 - May 11 with 2582 viewsswanseajack97

How did this get so many up votes?
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:58 - May 12 with 2478 viewsMrSwerve

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level (n/t) on 21:54 - May 10 by Garyjack

Was quite shocked by some of the names on there.

Oh well, everyone's allowed to agree with an opinion, even if it's wrong.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:00 - May 12 with 2475 viewsAngelRangelQS

This site is an absolute joke these days.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:57 - May 12 with 2430 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:00 - May 12 by AngelRangelQS

This site is an absolute joke these days.

Quite laughable. They're taking their sad lives out on a poster who gave, in this instance, a rallying call, a positive post in the hope we could see some unity and start supporting again.

Who knows if our fans hadn't slaughtered some of our players to the point they were afraid of their own shadow, what may have been.

If we'd had the Clucas of the last few months in the first few months.

If the players who dared passing backwards, under orders, weren't roundly Boo'd or abused?

Who knows that if we had the crowd on side that tad more we could've got 1 extra point over the season.

Since the takeover nobody has been interested in just supporting a football team any longer, seeing it for what it once was, many, many moons before the Premier League. It's all been about attack and revenge.

No fans can ever allow themselves to say thanks for all the memories, it's just verbal abuse. To the old Board, the Yanks as everyone calls them and any genuine Jack who's tried to portray a different opinion

The amount of people revelling in the constant onslaught says it all. Where were you all when the players needed a pick up, and not even a big one, just token gestures even would've got us over the line.

I genuinely couldn't give two facks for what most of you on here say. I'll gladly stand up and talk about the Swans with anyone of you. Until the cows come home.

It will be interesting to see who's still posting on here next season. I think we'll see some less traffic. I think a sizeable amount will find other things to do but the genuine Swans supporters will be here I'll be here and at the games.

Still have an opinion as well. Try to deal with it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:24 - May 12 with 2402 viewscostalotta

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:57 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Quite laughable. They're taking their sad lives out on a poster who gave, in this instance, a rallying call, a positive post in the hope we could see some unity and start supporting again.

Who knows if our fans hadn't slaughtered some of our players to the point they were afraid of their own shadow, what may have been.

If the players who dared passing backwards, under orders, weren't roundly Boo'd or abused?

Who knows that if we had the crowd on side that tad more we could've got 1 extra point over the season.

Since the takeover nobody has been interested in just supporting a football team any longer, seeing it for what it once was, many, many moons before the Premier League. It's all been about attack and revenge.

No fans can ever allow themselves to say thanks for all the memories, it's just verbal abuse. To the old Board, the Yanks as everyone calls them and any genuine Jack who's tried to portray a different opinion

The amount of people revelling in the constant onslaught says it all. Where were you all when the players needed a pick up, and not even a big one, just token gestures even would've got us over the line.

I genuinely couldn't give two facks for what most of you on here say. I'll gladly stand up and talk about the Swans with anyone of you. Until the cows come home.

It will be interesting to see who's still posting on here next season. I think we'll see some less traffic. I think a sizeable amount will find other things to do but the genuine Swans supporters will be here I'll be here and at the games.

When I read your posts I sometimes I’m thinking your bang on and sometimes I’m thinking who does the bloke think he is? This post isn’t very much in the latter

Your not better and don’t know any more or less when it comes to football than many of the posters on this site. You don’t have exclusivity on positive posts mate. Sorry to break it to you. I’ve read many positive posts on here from many different posters that have then been attcked by you. God knows why?

Equally, if and when some had disagreed with and in fact offered alternative views (which you bang on about) you attack them if it doesn’t fit in with your view. Many posters on here have tried over the last few years, like you, to say it as it is through their eyes. But it’s like you don’t like that and then sometime you take offence . The fans have not got this club relegated. I’ll say it again...

The fans have not got this club relegated ! The management, the decision making, the lack of strategy and succession planning, the extremely poor recruitment of players along with managers actually. I say managers only becuase each time we’ve fired ad replaced in the last 4 years it’s been done with the belief we’re gonna return to ours footballing principles, except we’ve moved further away with each appointment.

In a way though. I’m quite positive at the moment as we have an opportunity to properly reset the whole CLUB. By that I mean, a proper DOF, a manager that can work with DOF to build a squad that can be competing next season and year by year improve. That will never happen with HJ in his role. He really has to go or at a minimum stay out of the footballing side of things. Personally I’d like to see Alan Curtis as Chairman. Someone like ML or similar as DOF. And then a youngish manager with experience and some success in their career. By success I mean a track record of improvement of the clubs they’ve work d with, both on the footballing side and improvement of players. That is something I think us fans would buy into going forward. If it’s going to be firefighting again then I’m afraid the fall we’re in is unlikely to stop for a ew years yet. And that won’t be the fans fault Chris’s, again it will fall at the door of the owners and decision makers. Anyways Rant over...

I hope you and all other swans fans have a great summer with your family and friends and we’d can all come back in August ready to rock n roll and enjoy our football once more.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:38 - May 12 with 2374 viewsAngelRangelQS

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:57 - May 12 by TheResurrection

I don’t always agree with everything you say or how you say it but this is a site for people to give opinions and I respect the fact that you’re always happy to give yours. Anyone who ever goes against the grain of popular opinion at the time is seized upon.

In some moments peoples opinions will be wrong and in others they’ll be right. Digging out old posts and taking delight in them being wrong, especially when the post has been a positive one, is bizarre to me.

I started a negative thread about Jordan Ayew after the Liverpool game and that was bumped whilst he was on his run of form but I was as pleased as anyone that he made me look like a tit. I find it surprising that people are revelling in the fact that we’ve done a lot sh*tter than you thought we would.

The whole site has turned into a place to score petty points, even more so than it had been previously.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:47 - May 12 with 2336 viewsswan65split

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:38 - May 12 by AngelRangelQS

I don’t always agree with everything you say or how you say it but this is a site for people to give opinions and I respect the fact that you’re always happy to give yours. Anyone who ever goes against the grain of popular opinion at the time is seized upon.

In some moments peoples opinions will be wrong and in others they’ll be right. Digging out old posts and taking delight in them being wrong, especially when the post has been a positive one, is bizarre to me.

I started a negative thread about Jordan Ayew after the Liverpool game and that was bumped whilst he was on his run of form but I was as pleased as anyone that he made me look like a tit. I find it surprising that people are revelling in the fact that we’ve done a lot sh*tter than you thought we would.

The whole site has turned into a place to score petty points, even more so than it had been previously.

Unfortunately you are quite right, we would all love to have a good forum with chatter, bit of fun , etc, but it has turned into something really odd!

I am sure its put people off posting, me included I"ll be honest.

theres an old saying you reap what you sow.

it applies here to some, and regrettably to the Club, and a few sellouts.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:50 - May 12 with 2327 viewsmoonie

I've never seen how criticism or critical comments is somehow by definition " negative"

They are opinions and every single one of us is unique

What is deemed as " positive" is hard to assess
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:53 - May 12 with 2313 viewsunion_jack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:24 - May 12 by costalotta

When I read your posts I sometimes I’m thinking your bang on and sometimes I’m thinking who does the bloke think he is? This post isn’t very much in the latter

Your not better and don’t know any more or less when it comes to football than many of the posters on this site. You don’t have exclusivity on positive posts mate. Sorry to break it to you. I’ve read many positive posts on here from many different posters that have then been attcked by you. God knows why?

Equally, if and when some had disagreed with and in fact offered alternative views (which you bang on about) you attack them if it doesn’t fit in with your view. Many posters on here have tried over the last few years, like you, to say it as it is through their eyes. But it’s like you don’t like that and then sometime you take offence . The fans have not got this club relegated. I’ll say it again...

The fans have not got this club relegated ! The management, the decision making, the lack of strategy and succession planning, the extremely poor recruitment of players along with managers actually. I say managers only becuase each time we’ve fired ad replaced in the last 4 years it’s been done with the belief we’re gonna return to ours footballing principles, except we’ve moved further away with each appointment.

In a way though. I’m quite positive at the moment as we have an opportunity to properly reset the whole CLUB. By that I mean, a proper DOF, a manager that can work with DOF to build a squad that can be competing next season and year by year improve. That will never happen with HJ in his role. He really has to go or at a minimum stay out of the footballing side of things. Personally I’d like to see Alan Curtis as Chairman. Someone like ML or similar as DOF. And then a youngish manager with experience and some success in their career. By success I mean a track record of improvement of the clubs they’ve work d with, both on the footballing side and improvement of players. That is something I think us fans would buy into going forward. If it’s going to be firefighting again then I’m afraid the fall we’re in is unlikely to stop for a ew years yet. And that won’t be the fans fault Chris’s, again it will fall at the door of the owners and decision makers. Anyways Rant over...

I hope you and all other swans fans have a great summer with your family and friends and we’d can all come back in August ready to rock n roll and enjoy our football once more.

Curtis isn't nor will ever be Chairman material, by his own admission I'm sure. Similarly, Jenkins is not DoF material but he's probably in denial.

We can have whoever we like at the football management side of thing but if they're not backed by the owners it will be irrelevant

The current template for this club is sadly one doomed to fail. That's because regardless of the income, a huge amount will go to the hedge fund investors leaving scraps for on-field activity.

That is why in my opinion it is as important that the owners 'get out of Dodge' asap along with incompetents such as Jenkins.

Put a proper footballing system in place, one which wants to see the club win games not just make money and the rest will take care of itself. How easy this is in today's spiralling costs associated with the game, I don't know. But as it stands, we are only going to go in one direction.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 13:06 - May 12 with 2265 viewsGaryjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:38 - May 12 by AngelRangelQS

Yep i agree. That's why although i didn't 'bump' the thread, i have added to it since in a mickey taking sense, and have therefore removed my post.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 13:21 - May 12 with 2240 viewscostalotta

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:53 - May 12 by union_jack

Curtis isn't nor will ever be Chairman material, by his own admission I'm sure. Similarly, Jenkins is not DoF material but he's probably in denial.

We can have whoever we like at the football management side of thing but if they're not backed by the owners it will be irrelevant

The current template for this club is sadly one doomed to fail. That's because regardless of the income, a huge amount will go to the hedge fund investors leaving scraps for on-field activity.

That is why in my opinion it is as important that the owners 'get out of Dodge' asap along with incompetents such as Jenkins.

Put a proper footballing system in place, one which wants to see the club win games not just make money and the rest will take care of itself. How easy this is in today's spiralling costs associated with the game, I don't know. But as it stands, we are only going to go in one direction.

Fair points raised.

I suggest AC as a figure head, becuase of who is is and what the club means to him. He will not be about money but he would be about the club and getting it into the best shape possible, playing the best football we can. Does he have the requisite skills to,do,that? No, but that’s why he’d be chairman and not a manager, a coach or MD or CEO or DOF. Those roles would be delegated and given to the competent and ambitious.

If AC was appointed chairman and a proper DOF along employed by the club the current owners would be turning in the right direction IMO. Let’s not make the mistake that we are faced with an overnight fix here. We’re not. It will take at least two windows to sort ourselves out and we’ll still need to be competitive during the rebuild.

Of course there is the possibility of a sale? Certain rumours doing the rounds but I am not sure of the validity of them. But, should something like this come to the fore then it might be worth investigating . Step up the Trust. If possible...
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:24 - May 12 with 2148 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 13:21 - May 12 by costalotta

Fair points raised.

I suggest AC as a figure head, becuase of who is is and what the club means to him. He will not be about money but he would be about the club and getting it into the best shape possible, playing the best football we can. Does he have the requisite skills to,do,that? No, but that’s why he’d be chairman and not a manager, a coach or MD or CEO or DOF. Those roles would be delegated and given to the competent and ambitious.

If AC was appointed chairman and a proper DOF along employed by the club the current owners would be turning in the right direction IMO. Let’s not make the mistake that we are faced with an overnight fix here. We’re not. It will take at least two windows to sort ourselves out and we’ll still need to be competitive during the rebuild.

Of course there is the possibility of a sale? Certain rumours doing the rounds but I am not sure of the validity of them. But, should something like this come to the fore then it might be worth investigating . Step up the Trust. If possible...

When I read your posts I think Aww this guy's a right whopper.

Alan Curtis for Chairman. 😂😂😂

Get off... Ger'outta yuh!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024