Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie returns 18:20 - Sep 7 with 12535 viewsSwanjaxs

Loan move rejected by the EFL....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

McBurnie returns on 19:02 - Sep 7 with 3115 viewsNeathJack

McBurnie returns on 18:51 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

That's the bit I don't understand.

We swapped one first team striker for another. We brought in no further back up, so why on earth wait until the Bony deal was complete?

I feel sorry for the boy. He was keen to go and gain valuable experience and we've managed to mess that up for him.

4 months in limbo now. Because he's over age and not been named in our 25 either, so he can't even get the odd bench place. Very, very poor.

How much are we paying our Exec team again?

The statement on the OS says he will be available for 1st team duties. If what you say is correct regarding the 25 man squad then that further compounds the cock up and it seems the powers that be are not even aware of it.
McBurnie returns on 19:03 - Sep 7 with 3107 viewsicecoldjack

I'm not too familiar with the process but isn't the wonderful Welsh FA involved somewhere along the line ?

Seems a shambles to me regardless, multi million pound business still being run as a market stall.
McBurnie returns on 19:04 - Sep 7 with 3105 viewsKilkennyjack

McBurnie returns on 18:49 - Sep 7 by awayjack

He's the Chairman and DOF therefore responsible even if the error was one of his team members. Not suggesting he should be fired for this, but 'HJ Teflon' doesn't usually apply to multiple leadership roles. He should step aside as DOF/transfers as he's not qualified, and our best transfers were before he appointed himself as DOF post Laudrup. Let PC drive senior squad transfers with his top club relationships, and let Huw manage the cheap U23 signings from Falkirk and Leamington. Plus obvious lots of keepers where he has at least some knowledge.

Can't argue with that tbh

Beware of the Risen People

McBurnie returns on 19:04 - Sep 7 with 3104 viewslondonlisa2001

McBurnie returns on 19:02 - Sep 7 by NeathJack

The statement on the OS says he will be available for 1st team duties. If what you say is correct regarding the 25 man squad then that further compounds the cock up and it seems the powers that be are not even aware of it.

Perhaps he meets the age limit then? I thought he was 22?

We named 25 a couple of days ago and he wasn't on it.
McBurnie returns on 19:11 - Sep 7 with 3078 viewsmajorraglan

McBurnie returns on 19:04 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

According to Wikipedia he was 21 last June which makes him eligible for the first team.
McBurnie returns on 19:14 - Sep 7 with 3062 viewsKennedy

Just call me JFK

McBurnie returns on 19:14 - Sep 7 with 3061 viewslondonlisa2001

McBurnie returns on 19:11 - Sep 7 by majorraglan

According to Wikipedia he was 21 last June which makes him eligible for the first team.

Fair enough.

Small mercies then.
McBurnie returns on 19:16 - Sep 7 with 3049 viewsplasjack

McBurnie returns on 18:56 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

Doesn't make a shred of difference.

McBurnie is our asset and, as such, we have responsibility to making sure that asset is properly utilised. If that means checking paperwork, then so be it. If it hadn't been done at the last possible minute (for absolutely no reason), then it wouldn't have happened.

It's a business that turns over in excess of a hundred million pounds a year and pays it's execs salaries and bonuses in excess of half a million quid. It's simply unacceptable.

Applies to our government as well, it's not acceptable for those in power to make mistakes. with a lot more finance than our football club, perhaps with your financial prowess you could make some contribution.
Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie returns on 19:19 - Sep 7 with 3037 viewslondonlisa2001

McBurnie returns on 19:16 - Sep 7 by plasjack

Applies to our government as well, it's not acceptable for those in power to make mistakes. with a lot more finance than our football club, perhaps with your financial prowess you could make some contribution.

Our government are an absolute travesty Plas.

But they do have a slightly more complicated job at the moment than filling in a form in fairness.
McBurnie returns on 19:20 - Sep 7 with 3032 viewsChippy69

Won't be gonzos fault the cont is made of Teflon,fecking shat wouldn't stick to the slimey ba%tard

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

McBurnie returns on 19:20 - Sep 7 with 3031 viewstheloneranger

McBurnie returns on 19:04 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

The 25 man rule is the player needs to be over 21 on 1 January in the year the season starts to be classed as part of the 25.

So basically any player born in 1996 is classed as an under 21.

Mcburnie was 21 on 4th June 2017, so he's OK

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

McBurnie returns on 19:21 - Sep 7 with 3024 viewsplasjack

McBurnie returns on 19:19 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

Our government are an absolute travesty Plas.

But they do have a slightly more complicated job at the moment than filling in a form in fairness.

Brexit complicated nothing could be easier.
McBurnie returns on 19:26 - Sep 7 with 2996 viewslondonlisa2001

McBurnie returns on 19:20 - Sep 7 by theloneranger

The 25 man rule is the player needs to be over 21 on 1 January in the year the season starts to be classed as part of the 25.

So basically any player born in 1996 is classed as an under 21.

Mcburnie was 21 on 4th June 2017, so he's OK

Thanks - does it matter that he wasn't named as one of our underaged players and scholars?

If that's the case, does it mean that we can sign any player that's under aged as long as they are not registered?
McBurnie returns on 19:37 - Sep 7 with 2956 viewstheloneranger

McBurnie returns on 19:26 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

Thanks - does it matter that he wasn't named as one of our underaged players and scholars?

If that's the case, does it mean that we can sign any player that's under aged as long as they are not registered?

Depending which page you look at on the Premier League site

https://www.premierleague.com/news/465277

Our 25 man squad is full including Gorre

BUT. on

https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/45/Swansea-City/squad

We have a place free without Gorre 🤔🤔

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

McBurnie returns on 19:38 - Sep 7 with 2951 viewsmax936

McBurnie returns on 18:48 - Sep 7 by magicdaps10

So there was a handful of fook ups with missing the deadline and we account for 2 of them........shocking.

Why have we had such a poor record when it comes to registering players over the years!?

Might be a combination of both us and Barnsley or may even be just Barnsley's fault, either way we'll probably never know.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

McBurnie returns on 19:38 - Sep 7 with 2950 viewsDarran

To be honest I don't know why we don't rip his contract up and leave him move to someone else as an unattached because he's never going to be good enough for us.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

McBurnie returns on 19:49 - Sep 7 with 2914 viewslondonlisa2001

McBurnie returns on 19:38 - Sep 7 by Darran

To be honest I don't know why we don't rip his contract up and leave him move to someone else as an unattached because he's never going to be good enough for us.

Needed to be unattached at close of window.

I think he's looked off the pace by a long way this season when I've seen him, but he did so well last year. It may be he needs more time.
McBurnie returns on 19:50 - Sep 7 with 2909 viewsmagicdaps10

Will be classed as an under 21 player so wont be included in the 25 man squad.

The uncertainty around Gorre is a strange one at present. Would be nice for the club to announce their 25 man squad on their official site, this way would clear up wether we have a free space for a defender that arguably is needed for the next few months.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

McBurnie returns on 19:50 - Sep 7 with 2906 viewsDarran

McBurnie returns on 19:49 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

Needed to be unattached at close of window.

I think he's looked off the pace by a long way this season when I've seen him, but he did so well last year. It may be he needs more time.

You can't sign a UA outside the window can you?

McBurnie returns on 19:52 - Sep 7 with 2900 viewslondonlisa2001

McBurnie returns on 19:50 - Sep 7 by Darran

You can't sign a UA outside the window can you?

Don't think so.

Otherwise we can try to pick up another Sanches.
McBurnie returns on 20:00 - Sep 7 with 2880 viewsicecoldjack

McBurnie returns on 18:54 - Sep 7 by whoflungdung

If I were chairman of a company the size of SCFC and looking to carry our a business transaction then I d ensure any admin was correct .

You re buying a product and yet fail to ensure deal is legal . No excuses.

Hatred though is fair

I actually think many are blind to just how incompetent this tw@t really is.

We re surviving in spite of his incompetence and that s remarkable and credit to whoever it is and has been to deal with this incompetent charlatan.

I d wager, like the Yiadom transfer and the Bony dispute ,we might just have a part to play

We're surviving because there is so much money thrown around by the premier league plain and simple.

Millions have and are still being thrown away, yet sell a player and its all covered, copy , paste and continue.

Shambolic really, most sensible people would have employed the correct professionals years ago, not us ,Huw and his cronies are top level executives apparently !
McBurnie returns on 20:02 - Sep 7 with 2875 viewsDarran

McBurnie returns on 19:52 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

Don't think so.

Otherwise we can try to pick up another Sanches.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/free-agents-transfer-news-

McBurnie returns on 20:04 - Sep 7 with 2873 viewstomdickharry

Wonder how many tens of thousands of pounds this will cost the club in wages that one assumes they thought would be off the books.
McBurnie returns on 20:04 - Sep 7 with 2871 viewsItchySphincter

McBurnie returns on 18:21 - Sep 7 by Landore_Jack

Shambles. An embarrassing fiasco.

Are you embarrassed?

Genuine.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

McBurnie returns on 20:05 - Sep 7 with 2869 viewslondonlisa2001

McBurnie returns on 20:02 - Sep 7 by Darran

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/free-agents-transfer-news-

I thought you meant underaged player?

If you mean unattached, yes we can as long as we have a space in our 25.

We did that with Tiendalli.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 20:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024