Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches 17:28 - Oct 21 with 24622 viewsMyFinalHeaven

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/renato-sanches/profil/spieler/258027

Fantastic job by our DoF Huw Jenkins yet again when it comes to negotiating prices.

This is even higher than the loan fees paid by Chelsea and Man U when they got Falcao, over twice more than the one Everton paid when they got Lukaku on loan and over three times more than the fee Palace paid for Sakho.

Proper remarkable stuff. Bayern must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Come on you Swans.

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:31 - Oct 21 with 2139 viewsE20Jack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:29 - Oct 21 by monmouth

International football is utter cack mate. And so is the Portuguese league. We'd get more club benefit out of shoving Dan James in there and telling him to go forward even if he loses the ball. because that's what wonder kid is doing. Every time.

He may get better, if he doesn't he is truly garbage, but seeing gold in them that hills is emperors new clothes at the moment.

International football is far from ''cack''. In fact, by its very nature it is the best each country (and the world) has to offer.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:32 - Oct 21 with 2136 viewsmonmouth

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:31 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

International football is far from ''cack''. In fact, by its very nature it is the best each country (and the world) has to offer.

Are you being serious?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:34 - Oct 21 with 2126 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:31 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

It isn't cack but it isn't as difficult as each Premier League game. Portugal will play just a handful of games per year where the opposition will be tougher than even your weakest Premier League team.

He can't even get in to a very average Portuguese 25 man squad at the moment either.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:35 - Oct 21 with 2121 viewsmonmouth

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:29 - Oct 21 by LeonWasGod

Why a ridiculous amount? It's hell of a lot of money for a club like us, for just a loan fee with obviously no chance of resale. Especially when we've so many areas that need strengthening.

If true of course.

If he was as good as touted and we got 45m for Sigurdsson, he would have repaid that in a heartbeat. Fact is he's not. Jenkins isn't to blame for that. It's still a hell of a lot, but not if you were getting what it said on the tin. We paid more for Gomis, Tabanou, Baston....

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:41 - Oct 21 with 2099 viewsE20Jack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:34 - Oct 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It isn't cack but it isn't as difficult as each Premier League game. Portugal will play just a handful of games per year where the opposition will be tougher than even your weakest Premier League team.

He can't even get in to a very average Portuguese 25 man squad at the moment either.

Thats the point... ''at the moment''. He is lacking confidence which is affecting him pretty badly currently, as many players findd when they leave for European giants too soon. However Clement clearly felt he could bring that back and hopefully he is right. Either way it was worth the gamble and one I absolutely advocate regardless of outcome, these ambitious signings are key to clubs like us, some work - some don't. I have not seen enough to decide either way at the moment, and anyone making a final judgement on the signing is utterly bonkers considering its October.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 18:42]

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:44 - Oct 21 with 2077 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sanches is a quality player but I’ve no idea how he fits in to whatever it is Clement is trying to achieve here.

Poll: Tory leader

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:45 - Oct 21 with 2073 viewsTrundle10

I thought he was better today. Showed promise
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:45 - Oct 21 with 2072 viewsConcerned_Parent

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:25 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

He is 19/20 years old for heavens sake. He was central to the NT winning the Euros and a key player for Benfica winning the Superliga prior to that which saw him secure a move to Bayern Munich for a fee which could rise to 70m euros. Do you not think his class was seen the world over then at the Euros? I guess nobody watches that pesky tournament hey? Silly me.

You may be Portuguese but that doesn't give you more right to talk rubbish than anyone else. If you cannot see that the move to Munich is what has stunted his development then I cannot help you any further.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 18:30]

Him being 20 doesn't excuse the fact that you made a daft statement. The fact remains that he's an unproven youngster. There's a reason he didn't make the squad for the 2017 Confederations Cup.

"If you cannot see that the move to Munich is what has stunted his development then I cannot help you any further."

Nevermind, I shouldn't have wasted my time arguing with someone as stupid as you. Saying that going to Bayern "stunted his development" and making excuses for him flopping there is ridiculous. He was given 26 appearances at Bayern in his first season and he looked crap in all but maybe one or two of them.

If you want to talk about Bayern and development, look at Kingsley Coman. Like Sanches, he came to Bayern as a teen--even younger than when Sanches signed last year in fact, but unlike him he actually made the most of it and he's blossomed into a star. And Coman had a much, MUCH harder task getting into the squad as a winger/attacking midfielder than Sanches did as a midfielder. The lad had to compete with the likes of Muller, Robben, Ribery, and Douglas Costa for fvck's sake, and as a young loanee, he was never meant to be more than a 5th or 6th option/last minute sub. Still, he started on the bench, made the most of what little time he was given but played his way into the team and eventually became a starter at the end of the season. He then made the French squad for the Euros and has now won himself a permanent move to Bayern.
Login to get fewer ads

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:48 - Oct 21 with 2057 viewsTom1912

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:41 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

Thats the point... ''at the moment''. He is lacking confidence which is affecting him pretty badly currently, as many players findd when they leave for European giants too soon. However Clement clearly felt he could bring that back and hopefully he is right. Either way it was worth the gamble and one I absolutely advocate regardless of outcome, these ambitious signings are key to clubs like us, some work - some don't. I have not seen enough to decide either way at the moment, and anyone making a final judgement on the signing is utterly bonkers considering its October.

I'm dont think he lacks confidence. He strolls around the pitch like he's the star man, and isn't afraid to take on players whether it's the right time to or not. Regardless, the problems with his positional sense and laziness in tracking runners is nothing to do with confidence.

He did show some signs of quality with some brilliant passes forward in the first half that instigated attacking moves but he has so many other issues I worry we're going to be carrying him in midfield all season if we keep starting him.
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:49 - Oct 21 with 2055 viewsSgorioFruit

Sanches pile of crap

sorry if this upsets anyone, but he gives the ball away 9 times out of ten,
he can also smash the ball ten feet over the cross bar, and he can also take the corners and then hoof them away from the box onto the opposite corner.

great stuff

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:49 - Oct 21 with 2055 viewsmonmouth

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:41 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

Who is making a final judgement? I'm making a current judgement based on his games to date. Without making spurious allowances or putting rose tinted glasses on, I see nothing of any quality there at all. Nothing. It's like hoping Narsing turns into a world beater. On what I've seen Ki is a much better player than Sanches, and even Fer is better. Make all the allowances you like, but that's what I've seen, on the field, in real life.

But I support the move to bring him in at whatever fee, because I agree with the underlying precepts of your post absolutely, and yeah he might come good. You would bloody hope he will at least get better.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 18:49]

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:49 - Oct 21 with 2054 viewsandrew

£4m was what I heard at the time, seemed reasonable for the player we thought we were getting.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:50 - Oct 21 with 2048 viewsE20Jack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:45 - Oct 21 by Concerned_Parent

Him being 20 doesn't excuse the fact that you made a daft statement. The fact remains that he's an unproven youngster. There's a reason he didn't make the squad for the 2017 Confederations Cup.

"If you cannot see that the move to Munich is what has stunted his development then I cannot help you any further."

Nevermind, I shouldn't have wasted my time arguing with someone as stupid as you. Saying that going to Bayern "stunted his development" and making excuses for him flopping there is ridiculous. He was given 26 appearances at Bayern in his first season and he looked crap in all but maybe one or two of them.

If you want to talk about Bayern and development, look at Kingsley Coman. Like Sanches, he came to Bayern as a teen--even younger than when Sanches signed last year in fact, but unlike him he actually made the most of it and he's blossomed into a star. And Coman had a much, MUCH harder task getting into the squad as a winger/attacking midfielder than Sanches did as a midfielder. The lad had to compete with the likes of Muller, Robben, Ribery, and Douglas Costa for fvck's sake, and as a young loanee, he was never meant to be more than a 5th or 6th option/last minute sub. Still, he started on the bench, made the most of what little time he was given but played his way into the team and eventually became a starter at the end of the season. He then made the French squad for the Euros and has now won himself a permanent move to Bayern.

The daft statement that the world saw the Euros you mean? Yeah as I said, nobody watched it. not a single person.

Being 20 excuses the fact that he has not had an easy time at Bayern Munich, but I am sure you already knew that. Calling him the most overrated player on the planet is probably the most stupid statement in this entire thread so far, and there has been a few.

Kingsley Koeman has nothing to do with Sanches. Moving to Chelsea stunded Kevin de Bruynes development, he went on loan in Germany and is now one of the best midfielders in the world. Suggesting at the time that Lampard exelled there so De Bruyne should have is completely ridiculous.

But to be fair your whole point lacks any sort of intelligence to harbour such detailed thought.

As you were.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 19:09]

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:51 - Oct 21 with 2040 viewsthereisnospoon

to the lad from portugal on here, looks like you're new. just a word of advice, but don't bother arguing with e20jack. he knows f uck all about football and says the dumbest crap. just spouts utter rubbish time and time again
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:51 - Oct 21 with 2036 viewsmonmouth

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:44 - Oct 21 by exiledclaseboy

Sanches is a quality player but I’ve no idea how he fits in to whatever it is Clement is trying to achieve here.

Is he? I really rate your views highly (and E20 come to that) but what do you actually base that on?

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:51 - Oct 21 with 2029 viewsE20Jack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:49 - Oct 21 by monmouth

Who is making a final judgement? I'm making a current judgement based on his games to date. Without making spurious allowances or putting rose tinted glasses on, I see nothing of any quality there at all. Nothing. It's like hoping Narsing turns into a world beater. On what I've seen Ki is a much better player than Sanches, and even Fer is better. Make all the allowances you like, but that's what I've seen, on the field, in real life.

But I support the move to bring him in at whatever fee, because I agree with the underlying precepts of your post absolutely, and yeah he might come good. You would bloody hope he will at least get better.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 18:49]

Then surely you must realise that making a judgement on a signing after 5 games is utterly ridiculous when it was obviously a signing that was going to need time to settle... hence the reason he is here.

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:53 - Oct 21 with 2017 viewsthereisnospoon

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:50 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

The daft statement that the world saw the Euros you mean? Yeah as I said, nobody watched it. not a single person.

Being 20 excuses the fact that he has not had an easy time at Bayern Munich, but I am sure you already knew that. Calling him the most overrated player on the planet is probably the most stupid statement in this entire thread so far, and there has been a few.

Kingsley Koeman has nothing to do with Sanches. Moving to Chelsea stunded Kevin de Bruynes development, he went on loan in Germany and is now one of the best midfielders in the world. Suggesting at the time that Lampard exelled there so De Bruyne should have is completely ridiculous.

But to be fair your whole point lacks any sort of intelligence to harbour such detailed thought.

As you were.

hold on

did you just spell kingsley coman "Kingsly Koeman"

does this lad have any relation ronald koeman?

imagine expecting someone to take your argument seriously when you can't even somewhat spell one of your subject's names. jesus christ
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:54 - Oct 21 with 2012 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If he was our player I'd be all for giving him time.

However he will be back at Bayern in May and then off to a club like West Ham by September or somebody else who will overpay for him and that will be the end of it. We should not be caring about his potential. We need to care about how he is going to play in the next game. If it is not better than another midfielder we have then he shouldn't be playing.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:58 - Oct 21 with 2001 viewsexiledclaseboy

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:51 - Oct 21 by monmouth

Is he? I really rate your views highly (and E20 come to that) but what do you actually base that on?

I think he’s positive with a good football brain. His first thought is forward and he looks for a positive pass. It doesn’t always come off, obviously and he gets caught in possession too much. He’s a kid making his way in the game and for us he’s been cast as the Big Summer Signing which is probably too much pressure for such a young lad. And frankly I’m not sure that our manager has much of a clue what to do with him or any of our other players at the moment. We’re shapeless with no discernible strategy or tactics. It’s like the Brexit talks, only less funny.

Poll: Tory leader

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 19:00 - Oct 21 with 1981 viewsConcerned_Parent

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:53 - Oct 21 by thereisnospoon

hold on

imagine expecting someone to take your argument seriously when you can't even somewhat spell one of your subject's names. jesus christ

Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't going to bother reading whatever rubbish he wrote anyway, but this is just remarkable.

Can't believe this kid literally tried to debate me on football when he doesn't even know the players in question that he's talking about. Imagine invoking someone's name when you have no idea who he even is. I've seen some butchering of people's names over the years, but this is just...wow. Clearly you've never even heard of him. "Kingsly Koeman"--that must be an imaginary son of Ronald Koeman or something.
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 19:01 - Oct 21 with 1981 viewsE20Jack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:53 - Oct 21 by thereisnospoon

hold on

Well if all your argument is based on is the spelling of a player that isnt even being discussed at the subject, then I take a bow.

Jesus Christ is a name by the way... (capitals)... as is Kingsley Koeman.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 19:14]

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 19:02 - Oct 21 with 1968 viewsjack247

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:44 - Oct 21 by exiledclaseboy

That’s it for me. Loan fee aside, Sanches isn’t the problem, Clement is.
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 19:02 - Oct 21 with 1966 viewsE20Jack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 19:00 - Oct 21 by Concerned_Parent

Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't going to bother reading whatever rubbish he wrote anyway, but this is just remarkable.

Can't believe this kid literally tried to debate me on football when he doesn't even know the players in question that he's talking about. Imagine invoking someone's name when you have no idea who he even is. I've seen some butchering of people's names over the years, but this is just...wow. Clearly you've never even heard of him. "Kingsly Koeman"--that must be an imaginary son of Ronald Koeman or something.

No idea who he is? Yes I used a C instead of a K, I must not know who he is.

By all means continue to pontificate, but your views as they stand are shocking - hence your desire to concentrate on a spelling error of a players name not even being discussed.

I win.

oh sorry, forgot to highlight the key defeat defining smileys....

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 19:04 - Oct 21 with 1961 viewsmonmouth

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:58 - Oct 21 by exiledclaseboy

I think he’s positive with a good football brain. His first thought is forward and he looks for a positive pass. It doesn’t always come off, obviously and he gets caught in possession too much. He’s a kid making his way in the game and for us he’s been cast as the Big Summer Signing which is probably too much pressure for such a young lad. And frankly I’m not sure that our manager has much of a clue what to do with him or any of our other players at the moment. We’re shapeless with no discernible strategy or tactics. It’s like the Brexit talks, only less funny.

I just see a very ordinary young player to be honest.

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 19:11 - Oct 21 with 1922 viewsjack247

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 19:04 - Oct 21 by monmouth

I just see a very ordinary young player to be honest.

He’s got obvious talent. I’m struggling to explain why his simple distribution is so bad though. You would think that’s something we could get right fairly quickly. Few players can beat a man so easily, I think he would be more suited to a higher tempo, more attacking style. He’d lose the ball fairly often, but he would create chances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024