Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches 17:28 - Oct 21 with 24623 viewsMyFinalHeaven

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/renato-sanches/profil/spieler/258027

Fantastic job by our DoF Huw Jenkins yet again when it comes to negotiating prices.

This is even higher than the loan fees paid by Chelsea and Man U when they got Falcao, over twice more than the one Everton paid when they got Lukaku on loan and over three times more than the fee Palace paid for Sakho.

Proper remarkable stuff. Bayern must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Come on you Swans.

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 07:56 - Oct 24 with 7769 viewsNirvana

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 19:02 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

No idea who he is? Yes I used a C instead of a K, I must not know who he is.

By all means continue to pontificate, but your views as they stand are shocking - hence your desire to concentrate on a spelling error of a players name not even being discussed.

I win.

oh sorry, forgot to highlight the key defeat defining smileys....
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 19:09]

Hilarious in its irony, Dimi.

Literally no one on here uses smileys more than you and your only pal, little res, FACT.

You use them most frequently when losing your stupid "debates" you love and need so much, as well.

Glad you're finally telling it like it is, even though you lack the self-awareness to understand what you're really saying.
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 12:15 - Oct 24 with 7693 viewsandypitt56

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:29 - Oct 21 by monmouth

International football is utter cack mate. And so is the Portuguese league. We'd get more club benefit out of shoving Dan James in there and telling him to go forward even if he loses the ball. because that's what wonder kid is doing. Every time.

He may get better, if he doesn't he is truly garbage, but seeing gold in them that hills is emperors new clothes at the moment.

Im sorry but i can not agree with that, dan james got sent back from Shrewbury because he wasnt good enough....
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 03:34 - Nov 30 with 7501 viewsConcerned_Parent

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:19 - Oct 21 by Concerned_Parent

Portuguese Swans fan here. I'm living in Lisbon right now and am mostly partial to Sporting but I follow the Primeira Liga closely and am very familiar with what goes on, especially when it comes to the crosstown rivals. Simply put, Renato Sanches is just about the most overrated player in the world. Everyone in this country knows it. He had one good season in 15/16, one that may or may not have been a fluke and is increasingly looking more and more like a fluke with every passing day, and he hasn't had a good game for our NT since 2016. To say "His class has been seen the world over" is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Earlier in this thread I said that Renato Sanches is the most overrated player in world football today (quoted above). I rest my case.

We literally have a fvcking guy on our hands who passes to advertising board logos. With the way he's played thus far you'd think he was an average joe from the stands trying futilely to masquerade as a professional footballer. He needs to go by January. Seriously.

Just because Bayern paid £30m that doesn't automatically mean he's actually a £30m player. Clubs make catastrophic mistakes all the time. Hell, Liverpool paid £40m for Andy Carroll. Perhaps even worse we paid £16m for Sam Clucas of all people.

Sanches is just another case of a kid who believed in his own hype after just one good season and thought he was good enough for the big boys. It happens all the time--Gourcuff, Anderson, Halilovic, etc.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 3:37]
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 06:22 - Nov 30 with 7450 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 03:34 - Nov 30 by Concerned_Parent

Earlier in this thread I said that Renato Sanches is the most overrated player in world football today (quoted above). I rest my case.

We literally have a fvcking guy on our hands who passes to advertising board logos. With the way he's played thus far you'd think he was an average joe from the stands trying futilely to masquerade as a professional footballer. He needs to go by January. Seriously.

Just because Bayern paid £30m that doesn't automatically mean he's actually a £30m player. Clubs make catastrophic mistakes all the time. Hell, Liverpool paid £40m for Andy Carroll. Perhaps even worse we paid £16m for Sam Clucas of all people.

Sanches is just another case of a kid who believed in his own hype after just one good season and thought he was good enough for the big boys. It happens all the time--Gourcuff, Anderson, Halilovic, etc.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 3:37]

Spot on. You were bang on correct then and you are bang on now.

Come on you Swans.

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 12:37 - Nov 30 with 7305 viewsE20Jack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 06:22 - Nov 30 by MyFinalHeaven

Spot on. You were bang on correct then and you are bang on now.

He was neither bang on correct then or now.

To be overrated, you have to be rated. Who thinks this player is the mutts nuts then? I dont hear many people suggesting he is a must starter for example.

He is clearly deeply flawed. Be that confidence or some other issue, but he is obviously struggling with something. We have all seen how good he can be, which is why Bayern paid the big fee. You dont wake up one morning and become an excellent player when you arent really. But you can develop issues to make your standard drop.

It is up to those around the player as well as the player himself to turn that around.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 16:12 - Nov 30 with 7239 viewsthereisnospoon

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 12:37 - Nov 30 by E20Jack

He was neither bang on correct then or now.

To be overrated, you have to be rated. Who thinks this player is the mutts nuts then? I dont hear many people suggesting he is a must starter for example.

He is clearly deeply flawed. Be that confidence or some other issue, but he is obviously struggling with something. We have all seen how good he can be, which is why Bayern paid the big fee. You dont wake up one morning and become an excellent player when you arent really. But you can develop issues to make your standard drop.

It is up to those around the player as well as the player himself to turn that around.

yes he was. just like how you're wrong then and you're wrong now.

your logic is retarded. just because one team thinks a player is worth x amount of money that doesn't mean he's actually worth that kind of money. as he stated, liverpool thought carroll was worth £40m and we thought clucas was somehow worth £16m.

just a suggestion, but next time you should really refrain from discussing players that you have no idea about and have never seen play. feel free to have the last word because i'm really not bothered about any of it. ta ta.
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 16:25 - Nov 30 with 7221 viewsgiantstoneater

He is a young lad who is feeling down and has lost confidence we can't afford to have him in the team, bench at best, but how about a chant or two to help lift him and show support for him worth a shot!
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 16:33 - Nov 30 with 7207 viewsE20Jack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 16:12 - Nov 30 by thereisnospoon

yes he was. just like how you're wrong then and you're wrong now.

your logic is retarded. just because one team thinks a player is worth x amount of money that doesn't mean he's actually worth that kind of money. as he stated, liverpool thought carroll was worth £40m and we thought clucas was somehow worth £16m.

just a suggestion, but next time you should really refrain from discussing players that you have no idea about and have never seen play. feel free to have the last word because i'm really not bothered about any of it. ta ta.

Nope he wasn't, just like you were a deluded moron then and still are now.

My logic isnt ''retarded'' it just means you do not understand it, which judging from your posts - isnt a shock. He isnt worth £40m because one team thought he was, he was worth£40m due to his performances and obvious potential. But potential is something that needs to be harnessed, it is not a final judgement.

Dont now go crying because you have been schooled.

bye now.

Login to get fewer ads

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 16:34 - Nov 30 with 7202 viewsE20Jack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 16:25 - Nov 30 by giantstoneater

He is a young lad who is feeling down and has lost confidence we can't afford to have him in the team, bench at best, but how about a chant or two to help lift him and show support for him worth a shot!

Confidence is shot. Unfortunately we have some brainless fans and a manager that feels compelled to throw him to the wolves. Should not be starting in the firing line in his current state.

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 17:58 - Nov 30 with 7124 viewsFerrieBodde

Sanches is complete garbage and it'd be best for all parties involved if he is sent back to Munich.
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:05 - Nov 30 with 7108 viewsLandore_Jack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 17:58 - Nov 30 by FerrieBodde

Sanches is complete garbage and it'd be best for all parties involved if he is sent back to Munich.

Yep. One of the worst players I have seen in a Swans shirt.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 18:06]

#backtojack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:10 - Nov 30 with 7102 viewsgiantstoneater

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 16:34 - Nov 30 by E20Jack

Confidence is shot. Unfortunately we have some brainless fans and a manager that feels compelled to throw him to the wolves. Should not be starting in the firing line in his current state.

They are entitled to their opinions and in truth we can't afford to carry him. My own opinion his loan move was driven by money and if I was his agent knowing that he was on a downer I would have pushed for a loan move back to his own country of Portugal so that he would have been closer to his family and in more familiar surroundings. I would rather we throw a protective arm around him and for his and our own sakes that he comes good. Take him out of the firing line for now and give him our support.
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 21:52 - Nov 30 with 7002 viewsPentyrchJack

Agree about Euros. Didn't that ex Aswan Eder score the winner.....

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 22:07 - Nov 30 with 6984 viewsskettyparkherbert

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:04 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

Signing someone like Sanches on loan was something that simply had to be done if the opportunity arose. It did and we went for it. I have absolutely no complaints regardless of if his performances pick up or not. His class has been seen the world over, its whether we could get him playing at hose levels again (both playing levels and confidence levels). Absolutely worth the risk - (I don't believe the £7.5m figure though, so my comments are based on my doubts of the figure being correct).

7.65 mil thats half what we paid for Baston, Clueless and Bony - f ucking bargain
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 22:35 - Nov 30 with 6939 viewsLeonWasGod

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:05 - Nov 30 by Landore_Jack

Yep. One of the worst players I have seen in a Swans shirt.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 18:06]

I thought he was ok at the weekend; looked for the ball, generally looked after it, his movement was better than most, showed very brief flashes of quality with some good skill and driving past players. But didn't influence the game either.

Didn't see last night's game though and it sounds like he had a shocker.

I'd start Fer ahead of him. Fer's proven and we know he can create and arrive late in the box for the odd goal here and there. Stick Fer behind Bony (or Tammy if Bony is rested). Ayew and Dyer out wide and stick Mesa (or Carroll if Mesa is rested) and Ki behind them. Let's have a go at them.
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 22:50 - Nov 30 with 6929 viewsE20Jack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 22:07 - Nov 30 by skettyparkherbert

7.65 mil thats half what we paid for Baston, Clueless and Bony - f ucking bargain

And 300% of what we paid for Renato in all probability.

£7.65m is pie in the sky.

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 23:50 - Nov 30 with 6895 viewsTNT

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 17:30 - Oct 21 by Jango

I thought it was £2nillion

nillion would be about right too, Jango.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 09:53 - Dec 1 with 6762 viewsFerrieBodde

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 19:57 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

He's a fraud on the same level as most English "prospects".

Exactly my thoughts.
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 11:00 - Dec 1 with 6735 viewsE20Jack

This thread

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 19:03 - Dec 1 with 6667 viewsbermudajack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 18:29 - Oct 21 by LeonWasGod

Why a ridiculous amount? It's hell of a lot of money for a club like us, for just a loan fee with obviously no chance of resale. Especially when we've so many areas that need strengthening.

If true of course.

Seriously am I the only girl ne who thinks... should we have done our homework properly, we wouldn’t have expected much from the kid in the first place.
Realistically he was never going to hit the ground running, he has been hopelessly out of form since the Euros and Bayern want to minimise their huge costs the forked out for him. The Bayern fans don’t rate him and cannot work out what has gone wrong so quickly...
Clements insistence on seeing him as our saviour is what makes my blood boil, how he lasted 45mins on Weds is beyond me...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 02:21 - Jan 22 with 5974 viewsNirvana

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 17:29 - Oct 21 by londonlisa2001

We didn't.

We did:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/11150541/swansea-paying-bayern-muni

"Swansea are paying Bayern Munich over £7m for the loan of Renato Sanches, plus most of his £50,000-a-week wages, Sky Sports News understands."

Just ffukkingg ridiculous, truly. I'm sure Sanches was Clement's idea, possibly as a favor to Ancelotti, but it was a terrible decision for Jenkins to sanction the move, especially at this price.

Some, like myself, said so at the time. Now everyone agrees. Shame we spent £25m on this kid and Clucas. If only Viera had dreadlocks...

As an aside, Lisa, how did you so confidently come to the (incorrect) conclusion "we didn't"? Surely your club sources didn't intentionally mislead you here, did they?
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 03:14 - Jan 22 with 5937 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 02:21 - Jan 22 by Nirvana

We did:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/11150541/swansea-paying-bayern-muni

"Swansea are paying Bayern Munich over £7m for the loan of Renato Sanches, plus most of his £50,000-a-week wages, Sky Sports News understands."

Just ffukkingg ridiculous, truly. I'm sure Sanches was Clement's idea, possibly as a favor to Ancelotti, but it was a terrible decision for Jenkins to sanction the move, especially at this price.

Some, like myself, said so at the time. Now everyone agrees. Shame we spent £25m on this kid and Clucas. If only Viera had dreadlocks...

As an aside, Lisa, how did you so confidently come to the (incorrect) conclusion "we didn't"? Surely your club sources didn't intentionally mislead you here, did they?

Let's say word got out at the end of August that Swansea had the chance to get Sanches on loan, but Huw scrapped the deal because the loan fee was too high? Your wisdom aside, you think people say "good decision, for a change Huw" then, in spite of all the Siggy money we were desperate to spend with the clock ticking fast?

The week Swansea closed this deal, football brains respected 100x more than Jenkins were baffled, acting like it was the late coup of the window.

HJ has earned his criticism legitimately enough - even this summer by leaving us screwed in the backfield and the attack - to overdo it and pin the lack of a crystal ball for Sanches on him.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 3:27]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 03:54 - Jan 22 with 5923 viewsNirvana

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 03:14 - Jan 22 by Tummer_from_Texas

Let's say word got out at the end of August that Swansea had the chance to get Sanches on loan, but Huw scrapped the deal because the loan fee was too high? Your wisdom aside, you think people say "good decision, for a change Huw" then, in spite of all the Siggy money we were desperate to spend with the clock ticking fast?

The week Swansea closed this deal, football brains respected 100x more than Jenkins were baffled, acting like it was the late coup of the window.

HJ has earned his criticism legitimately enough - even this summer by leaving us screwed in the backfield and the attack - to overdo it and pin the lack of a crystal ball for Sanches on him.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 3:27]

Jenkins has been a very highly-paid disaster for a long time now, Tummer. No decision he will make will change that.

And yes, people who know Sanches from the Euros hailed the move and it was a coup for a legitimate wonderkid to come to Swansea.

But anyone who has watched him with Bayern knows the kid isn't ready for top-level football. And as I said during the summer, being so reliant on two wonderkids to replace the quality of Siggy/Llorente is a sshittyy proposition and a recipe for relegation.

At least Abraham had his early success before the PL completely figured him out. Sanches hasn't even had that, and won't, because he's too tactically naive and arrogant.

If we had actual scouts and a DOF worth his salt, they would've done due diligence on the move and realized how terrible it was. It's not revisionism, it's reality. I said so at the time.
Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 08:49 - Jan 22 with 5815 viewsE20Jack

Reminder: We paid a £7.65m loan fee for Renato Sanches on 02:21 - Jan 22 by Nirvana

We did:

Sky Sports "understands"

Is this the same Sky Sports that understood the fee to be £2m and shouting said sum from the rooftops upon his signing?

They are quite good at sniffing out who is going where but they have no idea how much people sign for or get paid.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024