Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders 23:01 - Jan 2 with 14260 viewsswanseajack4eva

Well done Phil - a good response to the Rob Davies outburst on Dai Sport. Lets see if the BBC will carry this story like they reported the PR spin from Rob Davies.

http://www.dai-sport.com/former-swansea-city-supporters-trust-chairman-hits-back

-----------------------------------------
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders

Posted on 2nd January 2018 by Graham Thomas

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust chairman Phil Sumbler has accused Rob Davies of trying to de-stabilise the club following his attack on the fans organisation.

In an interview with Dai Sport on New Year’s Day, ex-shareholder Davies criticised the Trust for “trying to break the club” and suggested the Swans could soon go the way of Blackburn Rovers under controversial owners, Venky’s unless fans backed current chairman Huw Jenkins.

But Sumbler — who stood down from the Supporters Trust six weeks ago and has since formed the Swansea City Supporters Alliance — has rejected Davies’s claims.

Not only does Sumbler point the finger at Davies for trying to deflect attention away from Jenkins, but he insists the actions of the Trust during the period of the takeover by Americans Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien have been misrepresented by the former shareholder.

Davies — who contributed £100,000 to help save the club in 2002 — sold his stake for around £9m in July 2016 when the sale went through. He backed Jenkins’ recent claim that the Supporters Trust knew all about the American offer and instead rejected the chance to sell their stake for £20m.

But Sumbler has dismissed those suggestions and said: “I am bemused by Rob Davies’s comments and his claims are just not true.

“It seems he is trying to de-stabilise the club following the reaction of fans to recent comments by the chairman. He is not someone who normally puts his head above the parapet.

“People will make their own judgements over what has happened at Swansea City over the past couple of years. But the suggestion that the supporters — the only shareholder who gained nothing from the sale of the club — have not acted in the best interests of the club just doesn’t wash.”

With the club bottom of the table going into Tuesday night’s home match against Tottenham, and anger towards the board and new owners having simmered throughout 2017, when the club went through their fifth manager in three years, Sumbler believes former shareholders have decided to try and shift the blame onto the Supporters Trust.

He added: “Some of the shareholders seem quite happy to take all the plaudits for what happened after they came in, but less happy to take responsibility for recent events.

“Feelings have been stirred by recent events and so some people have decided to lash out.”

Sumbler has also disputed the claims of Davies that the Trust knew of the intended sale to the Americans as early as March 2016 and were not kept in the dark by the selling shareholders.

He added: “It is simply not true to state that there was a meeting in March 2016, outside of those already outlined by the Trust, and it is laughable that there has been a claim that there was a £20m offer made for the Trust’s shares.

“It is frustrating that whilst the supporters’ organisations are dealing with facts and evidence, the media is allowing other shareholders to make untrue allegations unchallenged and with no substance or proof.

“I have no doubt that this is part of a coordinated and concerted campaign by the former shareholders to discredit the Trust and others who were involved at the time but are no longer part of the Trust board. But the facts are there, and I am sure that the fans will judge these based on what they see and hear which is all that can be asked for.

“The simple fact is that there was clear collusion between the sellers to keep the particulars of the sale away from the Trust until matters were virtually complete and no amount of revisionism will ever change that.”
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 23:10 - Jan 2 with 8326 viewsBloodyhills

Well done Mr Sumbler.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 23:32 - Jan 2 with 8246 viewsswancity

Loving your resolve and determination to see this through. 👍🏻

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 23:49 - Jan 2 with 8147 viewsLeonWasGod

Another one, or same as yesterday?
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 00:17 - Jan 3 with 8066 viewsTheResurrection

I wish they would all just shut up and stop putting their pathetic ego's in front of our survival chances.

What's wrong with Phil like, needs to have his name mentioned somewhere also.

There's a half season to get on with FFS

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 02:00 - Jan 3 with 7940 viewsJackBaston

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 00:17 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

I wish they would all just shut up and stop putting their pathetic ego's in front of our survival chances.

Shut up you're getting boring
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 08:57 - Jan 3 with 7749 viewsSwan02

It's embarrassing the way the club is putting its dirty washing out for all to see.
Everyone at the club needs to pull together or I fear for the medium to long term future.

So so sad to see
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 09:11 - Jan 3 with 7709 viewsandypitt56

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 08:57 - Jan 3 by Swan02

It's embarrassing the way the club is putting its dirty washing out for all to see.
Everyone at the club needs to pull together or I fear for the medium to long term future.

So so sad to see

The former owners are the ones puttying the dirty washing out by putting up statements of blatant lies.
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 09:13 - Jan 3 with 7704 viewsjohnlangy

Well said Phil

I didn't bother reading all of the rubbish the fool came out with but one thing I did see was his claim that it was the American's money that kept the Club going.

Anyone with even one eye can see they haven't put a penny into the Club. All their money is in the back pockets of the sell outs.
Login to get fewer ads

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 10:15 - Jan 3 with 7585 viewschad

Sumbler has also disputed the claims of Davies that the Trust knew of the intended sale to the Americans as early as March 2016

Phil the above is from the article - but not a direct quote from you

Wasn't March 2016 when we actually did find out?

If so I presume they have got confused with the point you were making - probably about the meeting. But perhaps need to get them to correct this or could be open to accusation of lies from the other side.
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 10:29 - Jan 3 with 7547 viewsdameedna

Despite attempts to control timing the issues are now being addressed mid point in the season.

The club piping music to combat chants is interesting. However be under no illusion there is also discontent in the ground with the protests.
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 10:32 - Jan 3 with 7530 viewsBigPhilG

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 00:17 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

I have a serious question for you

Given that the trust have publicly called for the removal of Huw Jenkins and seeing that you defend him to the hilt, if you had been voted onto the trust board would you resign your position given that the trusts stance is different from yours ?

I'm genuinely interested to see if you have higher moral standards than Huw Jenkins
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 10:48 - Jan 3 with 7467 viewsFireboy2

Wtf do you expect the trust to do? And with phil as its former head.

Do you expect the sellouts to peddle their lies to the media and to the general public without any response?

I honesty see where you are coming from re campaigning against the sellouts and the yanks during games,we should keep schtum and cheer the team on as they need our help at this important time and isuspect almost all fans who know what has gone on will feel the same but the sellouts efforts in blackening the trusts name needs to counteracted
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 10:56 - Jan 3 with 7439 viewsTheResurrection

It's quite simple.

We are cutting our noses off to spite our faces and why? Because Phil S messed up in the Trust and now what, wants to try and make up for this??

The atmosphere is going to be absolutely crucial in every home game from now until the end of the season and now fans have got it in their heads that the first sign of something they don't like they feel empowered to shout, groan and Boo their own players. Players that are out there just following bloody orders from their manager.

We continue on this knife edge with the current mood and continued protests and we will go down.

Park them up until the season's finished and we have a chance. It's as simple as that.

And this is just obvious stuff, there's nothing more to it than that. Jenkins can go, no worries, but let's do all we can as fans to stay in this league.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:05 - Jan 3 with 7396 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 10:32 - Jan 3 by BigPhilG

Given that the trust have publicly called for the removal of Huw Jenkins and seeing that you defend him to the hilt, if you had been voted onto the trust board would you resign your position given that the trusts stance is different from yours ?

I'm genuinely interested to see if you have higher moral standards than Huw Jenkins

Not everybody in the Trust agrees with every decision made or situation unfolding.

All I'm trying to do is concentrate on keeping the Swans in the Premier League and what we, as fans can do about that. I have given my reasons countless times on why.

You are asking me about morals yeah? Why's that and how are yours?

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:07 - Jan 3 with 7381 viewswhoflungdung

Watching and listening to home crowds ,it seems they ve accepted relegation already

Atmosphere is commotose .

Players pick up on this . We had a good following at Watford and the result was obvious and great to see.

This in fighting is truly pitiful as

1. The owners won't becarsed in any way and

2. Neither will Jenkins who ll go when he s ready . Meanwhile our club is in HIS hands

All I would say is let's not have apathy

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:09 - Jan 3 with 7377 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 10:48 - Jan 3 by Fireboy2

Wtf do you expect the trust to do? And with phil as its former head.

Do you expect the sellouts to peddle their lies to the media and to the general public without any response?

I honesty see where you are coming from re campaigning against the sellouts and the yanks during games,we should keep schtum and cheer the team on as they need our help at this important time and isuspect almost all fans who know what has gone on will feel the same but the sellouts efforts in blackening the trusts name needs to counteracted

I'm happy with the Trust statement asking for Jenkins to resign, I've said that.

It's done now though, it's out there in the public domain so leave it.

But that's the Trust. Not the splinter groups trying to whip up some sort of frenzy as that's going to kill us off.

Let the Trust deal with matters and finally show us they have some balls. Pill Sumbler's time has finished. He needs to pack it in and quick.

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:09 - Jan 3 with 7373 viewschad

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 10:32 - Jan 3 by BigPhilG

I imagine if every Trust Board member resigned if they ever were on the losing side of a vote then the 12 year rule would not be an issue

I do not necessarily agree with the Res but he makes some valid points and he also makes strong criticisms of Jinx. Overall he is calling for a pragmatic balanced viewpoint which is a good thing. What that is from our own points of view is a different issue.

Think the argument comes down to the fact that in the short term would it do more harm than good for Jinx to go. It does seem he is gone at the end of the season anyway

Although I would be happy to see him gone as it seems he is gone at the end of the season anyway, to me much more important is the share issue. Although of course we cannot have him going to the media with at best grossly misleading information about the Trust

Of course things could get worse if he left, just as they could get better.

Sorry Res wrote this before I saw your replies but thought I would post it anyway
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:11 - Jan 3 with 7361 viewsBigPhilG

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:05 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

Not everybody in the Trust agrees with every decision made or situation unfolding.

All I'm trying to do is concentrate on keeping the Swans in the Premier League and what we, as fans can do about that. I have given my reasons countless times on why.

You are asking me about morals yeah? Why's that and how are yours?

You didn't answer the question. Would you resign from the trust if you were an official?

My morals are irrelevant I'm not a trust official and I agree with the call to remove Jenkins
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:14 - Jan 3 with 7338 viewswhoflungdung

At least we re agreed Jenkins has to go

Let's address that first .

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:17 - Jan 3 with 7324 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:09 - Jan 3 by chad

I imagine if every Trust Board member resigned if they ever were on the losing side of a vote then the 12 year rule would not be an issue

I do not necessarily agree with the Res but he makes some valid points and he also makes strong criticisms of Jinx. Overall he is calling for a pragmatic balanced viewpoint which is a good thing. What that is from our own points of view is a different issue.

Think the argument comes down to the fact that in the short term would it do more harm than good for Jinx to go. It does seem he is gone at the end of the season anyway

Although I would be happy to see him gone as it seems he is gone at the end of the season anyway, to me much more important is the share issue. Although of course we cannot have him going to the media with at best grossly misleading information about the Trust

Of course things could get worse if he left, just as they could get better.

Sorry Res wrote this before I saw your replies but thought I would post it anyway

That's alright and thanks for backing it up.

You're exactly right. Jenkins is a dead duck by the look of it and is on his way. But we have bigger fish to fry. The share issue as you point out and Premier League survival.

Jenkins is an unnecessary inference at the moment and if the protest groups care about the football club they'd back off and get behind the team. Because if they don't the continued toxic atmosphere will bury us.

So for Pill Sumbler, not only will he then be content with messing up the sale of the Club under his watch, but he'll also be strongly responsible for ridding the City of its Premier League place.

Wise up mate.

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:19 - Jan 3 with 7312 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:11 - Jan 3 by BigPhilG

You didn't answer the question. Would you resign from the trust if you were an official?

My morals are irrelevant I'm not a trust official and I agree with the call to remove Jenkins

Who are you by the way?

And by the way, your question is as irrelevant as your plans to become a mod on here.

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:19 - Jan 3 with 7301 viewsDarran

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:17 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

That's alright and thanks for backing it up.

You're exactly right. Jenkins is a dead duck by the look of it and is on his way. But we have bigger fish to fry. The share issue as you point out and Premier League survival.

Jenkins is an unnecessary inference at the moment and if the protest groups care about the football club they'd back off and get behind the team. Because if they don't the continued toxic atmosphere will bury us.

So for Pill Sumbler, not only will he then be content with messing up the sale of the Club under his watch, but he'll also be strongly responsible for ridding the City of its Premier League place.

Wise up mate.

Yes if we get relegated it’ll be all Phil Sumblers fault.

Get your head out of Jenkins arse FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:21 - Jan 3 with 7295 viewstrampie

Sumbler has had his chance and failed.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:26 - Jan 3 with 7261 viewstrampie

The people heading up the new supporters group should not be ex trust officials.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:28 - Jan 3 with 7248 viewstrampie

The people heading up the new supporters group should have no baggage or agenda's.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024