Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 20:41 - Jan 27 with 7628 viewsmax936

Yes or No?

Its a No for me, opinions?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

VAR on 20:45 - Jan 27 with 3508 viewshobo

100% no. It's terrible and simply sterilizes the game. West Brom couldn't even celebrate that goal just in case the referee managed to pick out something he could penalise them for
VAR on 20:48 - Jan 27 with 3495 viewsOldjack

100% yes . it sorts those cheating bastards out aswell .It'll get faster once the creases have been ironed out

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

VAR on 20:49 - Jan 27 with 3488 viewsAmbergambler

For us I would say yes. We've had some shocking decisions. They do need to speed it up though.
VAR on 20:49 - Jan 27 with 3475 viewsPhil_S

Absolutely has to be a yes. It is a new system just coming into being and it will get better. It is falling down at the moment because of the lack of involvement/understanding as to how it is being used

There are simply too many decisions being made without it that are wrong and that has to be eradicated

I do though disagree with the fact that it is being used in some FA Cup ties but not others

Has to stay. 100%
VAR on 20:50 - Jan 27 with 3475 viewssainthelens

If we'd had had it for every league game this season, I think we'd have more points. We've been carved up a few times.
VAR on 20:50 - Jan 27 with 3470 viewsphact0rri

I'm at a yes. I like bits of it. but I think they need to really make a proper guideline of rules on how its handled. Players should be carded for requesting it.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

VAR on 20:51 - Jan 27 with 3460 viewsPhil_S

VAR on 20:50 - Jan 27 by phact0rri

I'm at a yes. I like bits of it. but I think they need to really make a proper guideline of rules on how its handled. Players should be carded for requesting it.

Without a doubt or we will end with a situation that they will just ask for it continually
VAR on 20:51 - Jan 27 with 3459 viewsFireboy2

VAR on 20:48 - Jan 27 by Oldjack

100% yes . it sorts those cheating bastards out aswell .It'll get faster once the creases have been ironed out

This

Yes for me
Login to get fewer ads

VAR on 20:54 - Jan 27 with 3425 viewsyescomeon

Yes, but a long way to go with it yet. From the point of view of watching from the telly it's added a lot to the game. For the fans at the game it's probably taken from the experience. Although the top level of football it's not really about the fans at the game is it.

Upthecity!

VAR on 20:55 - Jan 27 with 3419 viewsTheResurrection

VAR on 20:51 - Jan 27 by Fireboy2

This

Yes for me

Fans of Club's like ours should never ever be saying no to this.

We need this more than the bigger ones. Let it grow and develop and deal with the players in the ear of the ref. Red, red, red... off you go, they won't do it again.

But why did it take so long. We all saw it was a pen after the first highlight, maybe 20 seconds after, the fact it went on another 2 and a half minutes was farcical.

It will improve.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

VAR on 20:56 - Jan 27 with 3404 viewsplasjack

Unless you have refs with second sight its a yes for me, as line refs are totally useless usually.
VAR on 21:03 - Jan 27 with 3365 viewsjack247

Yes, but you either have it or you don’t. If our game had been using VAR, their goal may not have stood. It should either be used in all 4th round games or none of them.

Overall though, absolutely yes.
VAR on 21:19 - Jan 27 with 3308 viewsBanosswan

Yes. The fact that some officials still get things wrong using it speaks more of the quality of officiating, not the technology itself.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

VAR on 21:45 - Jan 27 with 3252 viewswestside

Yes.

Got the big decisions right
VAR on 21:48 - Jan 27 with 3229 viewsmax936

VAR on 20:49 - Jan 27 by Phil_S

Absolutely has to be a yes. It is a new system just coming into being and it will get better. It is falling down at the moment because of the lack of involvement/understanding as to how it is being used

There are simply too many decisions being made without it that are wrong and that has to be eradicated

I do though disagree with the fact that it is being used in some FA Cup ties but not others

Has to stay. 100%

Phil it took 4 minutes to decide on that penalty, the TMO kills a game of Rugby on times and this will do the same for Football it takes all the energy out of the game.

VAR on 21:50 - Jan 27 with 3221 viewsBrynCartwright

VAR is definitely the way to go, but there are a few issues yet to be ironed out.

Firstly the ref needs to be mic'd up like in rugby.

These prima donna refs in the Premiership need to start earning their money.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

VAR on 21:51 - Jan 27 with 3214 viewsBillyChong

VAR on 21:48 - Jan 27 by max936

Phil it took 4 minutes to decide on that penalty, the TMO kills a game of Rugby on times and this will do the same for Football it takes all the energy out of the game.

Agree, yet to be convinced by it
VAR on 21:53 - Jan 27 with 3207 viewsmax936

Its a yes from most on here, guess we'll have to wait and see, it'll improve no doubt so lets see, I agree for the likes of us we always seem to get decisions go against us that clearly shouldn't, if it goes someway to stop that then it has to be yes.
I'm wavering

VAR on 21:55 - Jan 27 with 3203 viewsPhil_S

So would you rather carry on with incorrect decisions or wait a while to get the right one?
VAR on 21:58 - Jan 27 with 3193 viewsTheResurrection

I am no rugby fan, but the one thing I enjoy about it is the way they do the VAR. Proper entertainment, that.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

VAR on 22:00 - Jan 27 with 3188 viewsBrynCartwright

I have never, ever known a TMO decision to 'kill' a game of rugby. If anything it has added clarity and correctness to any decision.

Also it does not take very long.

Football will only benefit from it.

VAR on 22:01 - Jan 27 with 3181 viewshobo

Not to mention taking a timeout to check the replays to confirm SIX WBA players were offside! It makes a mockery of the sport. It's pleasing to see the negative reaction to the whole thing online and in the media
VAR on 22:06 - Jan 27 with 3160 viewsmax936

VAR on 21:55 - Jan 27 by Phil_S

So would you rather carry on with incorrect decisions or wait a while to get the right one?

The right one obviously, but I wonder if there's another way linesman/woman in each half maybe or maybe not? they each look after their own halfs, hopefully as most hope it'll get quicker but I'd hate to see the game stop started like it was today.

Sometimes its the wrong decisions that makes the games and perhaps we're in danger or sterilising the game.

I'm digging deeper here perhaps, I'm trying to see it from tonight's game though the decisions went Liverpools way, but they still lost and VAR maybe took momentum out of the game at the time.

VAR on 22:08 - Jan 27 with 3152 viewsBrynCartwright

VAR on 22:01 - Jan 27 by hobo

Not to mention taking a timeout to check the replays to confirm SIX WBA players were offside! It makes a mockery of the sport. It's pleasing to see the negative reaction to the whole thing online and in the media

Just look at rugby union to see how it's done. The breaks in play are minimal.

VAR has to be brought in.

Poor refereeing and linesman decisions need to be eradicated.

VAR on 22:16 - Jan 27 with 3120 viewsmax936

VAR on 22:00 - Jan 27 by BrynCartwright

I have never, ever known a TMO decision to 'kill' a game of rugby. If anything it has added clarity and correctness to any decision.

Also it does not take very long.

Football will only benefit from it.

Only time will tell, plenty on here with a positive opinion to VAR lets wait and see, I'm all for the right decisions in game, but lets not sterilise the game, sometimes its the wrong decisions that puts the passion into games, I know what I'm trying to say, but I'm struggling to write it so that view gets over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024