Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm at a loss... 21:31 - Apr 24 with 11320 viewsSandyDrum

We desperately need a win and we have a striker and a playmaker sat on the bench.
Gillam hasn't touched the ball and Raffle in centre mid isn't working.

Baffling substitutions yet again.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

I'm at a loss... on 21:41 - Apr 24 with 5335 viewsisitme

We looked much more solid in midfield with Rafferty on for Kitching. I agree that Davies should have come on earlier.
I'm at a loss... on 21:45 - Apr 24 with 5300 viewsSandyDrum

I'm at a loss... on 21:41 - Apr 24 by isitme

We looked much more solid in midfield with Rafferty on for Kitching. I agree that Davies should have come on earlier.

Agreed about Raf although his passing left a lot to be desired tonight.

For or not, you simply can't leave your 2nd top goalscorer on the bench until the 89th minute.

I'm at a loss... on 21:55 - Apr 24 with 5189 viewsKnowlesy

Raff played well in the centre. Agree that Gillam was completely ineffective. Thought we played really well second half but standard Dale unable to get the finishing touch.
I'm at a loss... on 21:59 - Apr 24 with 5147 views442Dale

Now and again you have to accept the opposition are better and take what you can from a game. Hill will have been fully aware of the Oldham score and that point was a very good one.

No criticism around the tactics tonight, well done to the players for getting a result and to the manager for making changes that worked to ensure we got at least a draw.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:04 - Apr 24 with 5092 viewsfitzochris

I'm at a loss... on 21:59 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

Now and again you have to accept the opposition are better and take what you can from a game. Hill will have been fully aware of the Oldham score and that point was a very good one.

No criticism around the tactics tonight, well done to the players for getting a result and to the manager for making changes that worked to ensure we got at least a draw.

Interesting point about Plymouth being better.

Derek Adams is a decent manager and, Plymouth’s resources notwithstanding, he has done tremendously to turn around what was a disastrous start to the season in the manner he has.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 22:06]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

I'm at a loss... on 22:12 - Apr 24 with 4960 viewsdingdangblue

Gillam touched the ball - did you not see his miss from 5 yards out? Plymouth were just brilliant in that 1st half - just admit there's not a lot we could do and be thankful we battled so hard for a deserving point in the end - biggest point of the season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

I'm at a loss... on 22:22 - Apr 24 with 4852 viewsSandyDrum

I'm at a loss... on 22:12 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

Gillam touched the ball - did you not see his miss from 5 yards out? Plymouth were just brilliant in that 1st half - just admit there's not a lot we could do and be thankful we battled so hard for a deserving point in the end - biggest point of the season.

I did see it yes, I was using hyperbole to describe how ineffective he was.

At no point I've said it's not a good point, but I would have absolutely loved to have seen Davies on the pitch 10-15 minutes earlier rather than 3 minutes from the end, that's the point I'm trying to make.

I'm at a loss... on 22:37 - Apr 24 with 4694 viewsdingdangblue

I'm at a loss... on 22:22 - Apr 24 by SandyDrum

I did see it yes, I was using hyperbole to describe how ineffective he was.

At no point I've said it's not a good point, but I would have absolutely loved to have seen Davies on the pitch 10-15 minutes earlier rather than 3 minutes from the end, that's the point I'm trying to make.

We needed Calvin on as long as possible - he was immense again tonight. Or would you have subbed off Gillam ? No need to answer that.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

I'm at a loss... on 22:39 - Apr 24 with 4661 viewsrochdaleriddler

I'm at a loss... on 22:12 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

it's worth the same as the 17 others

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

I'm at a loss... on 22:40 - Apr 24 with 4653 viewsSandyDrum

I'm at a loss... on 22:37 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

We needed Calvin on as long as possible - he was immense again tonight. Or would you have subbed off Gillam ? No need to answer that.

Calvin is my favourite player by a mile, he was exceptional again tonight.

I would have actually taken Rathbone off in the midfield, dropped Calvin back a little bit and used him as a target man for Davies to run onto.

No discredit to Rathbone I just thought he became a little anonymous in the last 15 because he ran himself ragged for 75 minutes, absolutely love his energy.

I'm at a loss... on 22:41 - Apr 24 with 4644 viewsnordenblue

I'm at a loss... on 22:37 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

I wouldn't have brought Gillam on full stop,I'd left Humphrys on who was doing fine and just swapped like for like with Davies when the time came,ideally with a touch more than 2 minutes remaining
I'm at a loss... on 22:42 - Apr 24 with 4625 viewsdingdangblue

I'm at a loss... on 22:39 - Apr 24 by rochdaleriddler

it's worth the same as the 17 others

At this moment in time it's worth more.

I'm at a loss... on 22:44 - Apr 24 with 4607 viewsnordenblue

I'm at a loss... on 22:42 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

At this moment in time it's worth more.

Its def worth exactly the same as the endless amount of other draws
I'm at a loss... on 22:45 - Apr 24 with 4585 views442Dale

I'm at a loss... on 22:41 - Apr 24 by nordenblue

I wouldn't have brought Gillam on full stop,I'd left Humphrys on who was doing fine and just swapped like for like with Davies when the time came,ideally with a touch more than 2 minutes remaining

Humphrys was poor, again. Until he learns the basics around hold up play, he’ll be selling himself short.

No problem at all with that sub as he can’t play in a 4-3-3, only a front two with Henderson.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

I'm at a loss... on 22:53 - Apr 24 with 4486 viewsJimmyRustler

I'm at a loss... on 22:45 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

Humphrys was poor, again. Until he learns the basics around hold up play, he’ll be selling himself short.

No problem at all with that sub as he can’t play in a 4-3-3, only a front two with Henderson.

Humphreys' fitness is garbage and I cant help but think the amount of muscle he's carrying doesn't help him in this regard
I'm at a loss... on 23:09 - Apr 24 with 4396 viewsnordenblue

I'm at a loss... on 22:45 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

Tbf Mo Salah would have looked crap for us first half with the "service" Humphrys got, our closest forward to him was playing nearer to right back than up front, theres a decent player in there and like many other players this season the manager doesnt get anywhere near the best out of him.
I'm at a loss... on 02:15 - Apr 25 with 4068 viewsscarrow

Rafferty excellent in midfield, substitutions excellent. Dobre a luxury who gives the ball away to easily. You do spout some shite

Poll: Final position

I'm at a loss... on 03:42 - Apr 25 with 4049 viewsDiddyDave

If the teams around us keep doing us favours by beating each other and we somehow avoid the drop,what`s the betting KH adds it to his c/v that he saved Dale from relegation?
I'm at a loss... on 05:16 - Apr 25 with 4013 viewsrichfoad32

Whilst conveniently overlooking that he's fully played his part in getting us in the mire in the first place?
I'm at a loss... on 05:54 - Apr 25 with 3963 viewsaleanddale

Op at a loss?

at a point that lifts us out of the relegation zone against a side who Wigan / Blackburn apart looked the best side by a country mile we have faced at Spotland.

Enjoy looking at the league 1 table that should help.

Look forward to Oxford on Saturday where if we do snatch a win it would go such a long way In the bid to escape the crappy position we put ourselves in.

In isolation it was a tremendous point.
I'm at a loss... on 06:15 - Apr 25 with 3941 viewsfitzochris

I'm at a loss... on 05:54 - Apr 25 by aleanddale

Op at a loss?

at a point that lifts us out of the relegation zone against a side who Wigan / Blackburn apart looked the best side by a country mile we have faced at Spotland.

Look forward to Oxford on Saturday where if we do snatch a win it would go such a long way In the bid to escape the crappy position we put ourselves in.

There’s another if in there.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

I'm at a loss... on 06:20 - Apr 25 with 3933 viewsaleanddale

I'm at a loss... on 06:15 - Apr 25 by fitzochris

There’s another if in there.

Yep.
I'm at a loss... on 07:38 - Apr 25 with 3821 viewsdingdangblue

I'm at a loss... on 05:54 - Apr 25 by aleanddale

Op at a loss?

Yes it stagger's me at times this season. The first instinct of some supporters is just to criticise the manager's every move. He made a massive call last night choosing Delaney over Jim to play in the 4 - Delaney's goal could keep us up.
We could easily be in bury's,MK's,Northampton's or Oldham's position this morning and things would be looking an awful lot worse - onwards to Oxford.

I'm at a loss... on 07:50 - Apr 25 with 3792 viewsrochdaleriddler

I'm at a loss... on 07:38 - Apr 25 by dingdangblue

Yes it stagger's me at times this season. The first instinct of some supporters is just to criticise the manager's every move. He made a massive call last night choosing Delaney over Jim to play in the 4 - Delaney's goal could keep us up.
We could easily be in bury's,MK's,Northampton's or Oldham's position this morning and things would be looking an awful lot worse - onwards to Oxford.

Our home form is terrible, and you are staggered people criticise the manager?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

I'm at a loss... on 08:02 - Apr 25 with 3763 viewsdingdangblue

I'm at a loss... on 07:50 - Apr 25 by rochdaleriddler

Our home form is terrible, and you are staggered people criticise the manager?

Yes - was last night not a brilliant point? We could EASILY have been looking at Oldham's ft score being our scoreline at ht - Plymouth were running us ragged and if it weren't for Josh and the back 4 defending so heroically the game would have been done. Even then after regrouping and starting the 2nd half on the front foot we went behind - we could have buckled but we showed some real fight and guts and character and scored almost immediately. Magnificent.
But hey ... no
Let's slag off Gillam and Hill.
That just seems a peculiar way of supporting your team to me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024