Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Miners Strike 21:20 - Jul 21 with 6430 viewsDarran

The wife’s best friend from Llanelli is preparing for an art exhibition near Clitheroe in Lancashire based on the Miners Strike of the eighties in October.
They’ve been watching videos to prepare.
My wife showed me one of the videos and it suddenly dawned on me that an ex-policeman poster (moonie) has bragged in the past on here about how he enjoyed it and made lots of money in overtime.

The thought of it makes me feel physically sick.

Watch it and imagine what sort of person would brag about this.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=christmas+miners+strike+84&view=detail&mid=

[Post edited 21 Jul 2018 21:40]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Miners Strike on 12:30 - Jul 22 with 1643 viewsNeath_Jack

Can anyone recommend any good books on this subject? Preferably written by ex miners from Wales.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Miners Strike on 12:43 - Jul 22 with 1617 viewsDJack

The Miners Strike on 12:28 - Jul 22 by Neath_Jack

Do you mind if i ask why you had to cross the picket lines?

I would hazard a guess that he was with the mine safety crew. A mine can't be left unserviced, untouched.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Miners Strike on 12:58 - Jul 22 with 1593 viewsTreforys_Jack

Yes no problem, i worked for an electrical sub contactor , we had to overhaul and service winch motors, fans , conveyor and water pumps.
The Miners Strike on 13:17 - Jul 22 with 1564 viewsNeath_Jack

The Miners Strike on 12:58 - Jul 22 by Treforys_Jack

Yes no problem, i worked for an electrical sub contactor , we had to overhaul and service winch motors, fans , conveyor and water pumps.

Cheers mate.

So how did the strikers treat you at the point you had to pass them? Were they accepting of the fact that you had to pass? Where you from a mining village at the time?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

The Miners Strike on 13:43 - Jul 22 with 1531 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Miners Strike on 13:17 - Jul 22 by Neath_Jack

Cheers mate.

So how did the strikers treat you at the point you had to pass them? Were they accepting of the fact that you had to pass? Where you from a mining village at the time?

The union officials were fine , some individuals less so is the best way to put it. Had a few rocks thrown at the van until the officials brought them under order. There were genuine miners fighting for their livelihoods obviously, but also an element of anarchists who just wanted a ruck. It was a very confusing and emotional time.
The Miners Strike on 13:51 - Jul 22 with 1520 viewsNeath_Jack

The Miners Strike on 13:43 - Jul 22 by Treforys_Jack

The union officials were fine , some individuals less so is the best way to put it. Had a few rocks thrown at the van until the officials brought them under order. There were genuine miners fighting for their livelihoods obviously, but also an element of anarchists who just wanted a ruck. It was a very confusing and emotional time.

An awful time for all concerned.

The company i work for were doing a lot of work inside Llanwern steel works at the time, and they wouldn't let them in, even to collect the plant and equipment that they owned, or the men who had their work tools etc in there, the old fellas who were there at the time said they had never seen so many men with genuine hate on their faces.

Can you imagine trying to live on no money at all, as those miners did, in today's day and age. Doesn't bare thinking about. Absolutely disgraceful that they were treated like that.

The Miners Strike on 13:58 - Jul 22 with 1515 viewsDarran

The Miners Strike on 12:30 - Jul 22 by Neath_Jack

Can anyone recommend any good books on this subject? Preferably written by ex miners from Wales.

How I Truncheoned Strikers by Dick Lewis. 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Miners Strike on 16:32 - Jul 22 with 1444 viewssherpajacob

The Miners Strike on 23:19 - Jul 21 by Kilkennyjack

Well .... yes and no.

Yes they deliberately dismantled the British state ...and killed all of British Airways, British Coal, British Steel, British Telecoms, British Petroleum, British Rail, British Gas, cut British Army, and privatised parts of the NHS.

No because its going to result in the unintended break up of the nations of the old British State. Mrs T would not be pleased. Her union is dead.

The problem with Thatcherism is that eventually you run out of national assets to sell.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

The Miners Strike on 16:54 - Jul 22 with 1410 viewsHighjack

The Miners Strike on 13:58 - Jul 22 by Darran

How I Truncheoned Strikers by Dick Lewis. 👀

I’m waiting for the follow up book, Beating up cubicle benders.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Miners Strike on 17:16 - Jul 22 with 1388 viewsraynor94

The Miners Strike on 13:51 - Jul 22 by Neath_Jack

An awful time for all concerned.

The company i work for were doing a lot of work inside Llanwern steel works at the time, and they wouldn't let them in, even to collect the plant and equipment that they owned, or the men who had their work tools etc in there, the old fellas who were there at the time said they had never seen so many men with genuine hate on their faces.

Can you imagine trying to live on no money at all, as those miners did, in today's day and age. Doesn't bare thinking about. Absolutely disgraceful that they were treated like that.

Same as the Steel workers, I was on strike for 13 weeks in 1980, horrendous times

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Miners Strike on 18:57 - Jul 22 with 1315 viewsFlashberryjack

We should be burning more coal instead of all this wind farm turbines, give me a good slag heap any day.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Miners Strike on 19:31 - Jul 22 with 1279 viewstrampie

The Miners Strike on 12:02 - Jul 22 by Gwyn737

Really interesting aside in the book ‘Live at the Brixton academy’ where the owner talks about the behaviour of union leaders. Miners were using soup kitchens whereas Scargill and him mob were eating in high end restaurants with mercs parked outside all on the unions dime.

Scargill is English, we should have nothing to do with them.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Miners Strike on 19:36 - Jul 22 with 1274 viewstrampie

The Miners Strike on 12:14 - Jul 22 by raynor94

Things are no different today, Len McCluskey being a prime example

Oh yes McCluskey that English guy from Liverpool with an Irish name.
We should have nothing to do with English trade union leaders, we should have Welsh trade unions.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Miners Strike on 19:38 - Jul 22 with 1270 viewslonglostjack

The Miners Strike on 19:31 - Jul 22 by trampie

Scargill is English, we should have nothing to do with them.

Trampie, at least there are Brexiteers who pretend they’re not racist 😂.

Edit: The Peeny has dropped.

[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 19:42]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Miners Strike on 19:40 - Jul 22 with 1266 viewstrampie

The Miners Strike on 22:51 - Jul 21 by Jack_Meoff

The decimation was absolutely deliberate. Part of the bigger picture of the deindustrialization of the 'West.' And the destruction of the communities had grown up amongst said industries.

Damn shame? We should be that angry that we should be hanging the bastards that set this into motion so it'll never happen again. F*cking criminal treasonous worthless scum. F*cking Tory voters. What goes through your heads?

Red and Blue Tory voters mind, Blair and Brown carried on her work.

The Miners Strike on 19:41 - Jul 22 with 1261 viewstrampie

Well .... yes and no.

Yes they deliberately dismantled the British state ...and killed all of British Airways, British Coal, British Steel, British Telecoms, British Petroleum, British Rail, British Gas, cut British Army, and privatised parts of the NHS.

No because its going to result in the unintended break up of the nations of the old British State. Mrs T would not be pleased. Her union is dead.

Yip

The Miners Strike on 19:54 - Jul 22 with 1225 viewsFlashberryjack

The Miners Strike on 19:40 - Jul 22 by trampie

Tony Blair did more damage to this country and the labour party than Maggie could only have dreamed of.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Miners Strike on 20:02 - Jul 22 with 1215 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Well .... yes and no.

Making Britain great agian

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Miners Strike on 20:03 - Jul 22 with 1215 viewstrampie

Maggie started it by persuading the English working class and then Blair copied her, red or blue Tories they are both the same.
Vote left wing, vote Leanne.

The Miners Strike on 21:45 - Jul 22 with 1160 viewsLoyal

The Miners Strike on 22:33 - Jul 21 by Cooperman

Cowards, hiding behind the badge.

All of them ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Miners Strike on 21:46 - Jul 22 with 1159 viewsJack_Meoff

The Miners Strike on 19:54 - Jul 22 by Flashberryjack

Tony Blair did more damage to this country and the labour party than Maggie could only have dreamed of.

And that's exactly why he was allowed into power. The psychopathic war mongering lunatics knew he was on board, and that it would be business as usual. Democracy my arse.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Miners Strike on 21:47 - Jul 22 with 1159 viewsLoyal

The Miners Strike on 23:27 - Jul 21 by longlostjack

Timing was all wrong. Scargill was an idiot.

Ask any swans fan, the time is never right.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Miners Strike on 21:55 - Jul 22 with 1140 viewsJack_Meoff

The Miners Strike on 19:40 - Jul 22 by trampie

And that's why they got into power tramp and someone like Corbyn will never, ever. Bad for the profit margin for those who can never get enough.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Miners Strike on 22:45 - Jul 22 with 1093 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Perhaps he was a pit deputy . They had to go in to keep the pit pumps going to avoid flooding and losing the pit entirely

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Miners Strike on 01:56 - Jul 23 with 1023 viewsDJack

The Miners Strike on 19:54 - Jul 22 by Flashberryjack

Absolute horseshIt! Thatchers "generation me" laid the path for Tony to trot. Thatcher's nostalgic view of market UK was the death knell of British inclusive society and was the blueprint of the sell-off of the UK's "crown jewels".

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024