Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birch’s programme notes 12:09 - Dec 29 with 23949 viewsmarchamjack

Can’t do the linky thing on my phone...thanks in advance to whoever puts them up...if anyone is still in any doubt about Trev being a puppet of the Yanks, have a read 😐

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Birch’s programme notes on 08:20 - Dec 30 with 1503 viewsbuilthjack

Birch’s programme notes on 18:32 - Dec 29 by Blue_Blood

I've posted on here regarding your academy and I believe it's good for the youth of South Wales and the Wales national team to have two thriving academy's in South Wales.

Nobody on here has convinced me that your academy is not self sufficient therefore it shouldn't even be in contention when it comes to cuts.

It's your main (maybe only) hope of developing assets and it's fair to say that you haven't even seen the full benefits of a being a cat 1 academy yet.

I think it's a bizarre move and it's basically your owners throwing your future away for a quick return

Your best ever post

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Birch’s programme notes on 08:32 - Dec 30 with 1492 viewsSwanDownUnder

Birch’s programme notes on 16:00 - Dec 29 by NotLoyal

Positivity?

He's being realistic. He doesn't work for then fans, what do you expect, we don't even hear from the people who represent the fans.
Birch’s programme notes on 08:41 - Dec 30 with 1481 viewsCatullus

Birch’s programme notes on 08:10 - Dec 30 by SwanDownUnder

Your not a season ticket holder then?

Birch was brought in to do a job and that means that where he can cut costs, he will. He'll sell Ayew and Baston (if he can) AND cut the academy if he thinks it needs to be done. He'll make impartial decisions based on the numbers because that's his job, his area of expertise.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

Our owners want their profit, anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

Our owners need to be careful how far they go with the cuts though, there's no profit in it for them if we get relegated again.

PS, after we were relegated from the EPL I was argued with when I said we could face cuts to the academy and training facilities because of the financial losses. Sometimes though, there's no pleasure in being right
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 8:43]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Birch’s programme notes on 08:42 - Dec 30 with 1477 viewsSwanDownUnder

Birch’s programme notes on 08:41 - Dec 30 by Catullus

Birch was brought in to do a job and that means that where he can cut costs, he will. He'll sell Ayew and Baston (if he can) AND cut the academy if he thinks it needs to be done. He'll make impartial decisions based on the numbers because that's his job, his area of expertise.

Our owners want their profit, anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

Our owners need to be careful how far they go with the cuts though, there's no profit in it for them if we get relegated again.

PS, after we were relegated from the EPL I was argued with when I said we could face cuts to the academy and training facilities because of the financial losses. Sometimes though, there's no pleasure in being right

I agree 100%
Birch’s programme notes on 09:12 - Dec 30 with 1445 viewsFireboy2

Birch’s programme notes on 08:41 - Dec 30 by Catullus

Our owners dont care what league we end up in, all they are bothered about is not putting any money into the club.
Birch’s programme notes on 09:14 - Dec 30 with 1442 viewsSwanDownUnder

Birch’s programme notes on 09:12 - Dec 30 by Fireboy2

Our owners dont care what league we end up in, all they are bothered about is not putting any money into the club.

So you are saying they don't care about their investment and you want them to invest to dilute our shares?
Birch’s programme notes on 09:23 - Dec 30 with 1426 viewsFireboy2

Birch’s programme notes on 09:14 - Dec 30 by SwanDownUnder

So you are saying they don't care about their investment and you want them to invest to dilute our shares?

Yes as long as they are cutting costs they are happy as they are siphoning money out of the club, we have made so much from transfers since relegation, couple those up with parachute payments the amount coming in outweighs what is going out, which means they are getting money out of the club, these people are ruthless businessmen and they know how to make money, for those who think that they cant siphon money out is living in timbuktu.
Birch’s programme notes on 09:24 - Dec 30 with 1424 viewsDr_Winston

Birch’s programme notes on 09:23 - Dec 30 by Fireboy2

Yes as long as they are cutting costs they are happy as they are siphoning money out of the club, we have made so much from transfers since relegation, couple those up with parachute payments the amount coming in outweighs what is going out, which means they are getting money out of the club, these people are ruthless businessmen and they know how to make money, for those who think that they cant siphon money out is living in timbuktu.

The accounts are due out soon. What will happen if they show that no money has been syphoned out of the club at all?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Birch’s programme notes on 09:28 - Dec 30 with 1416 viewsFireboy2

Birch’s programme notes on 09:24 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

The accounts are due out soon. What will happen if they show that no money has been syphoned out of the club at all?

The accounts will show just that Doc, i expect nothing less.

As ive said these are clever manipulative businessmen who just live to make money, i knew this when they became the owners.
Birch’s programme notes on 09:34 - Dec 30 with 1407 viewsDr_Winston

Birch’s programme notes on 09:28 - Dec 30 by Fireboy2

As ive said these are clever manipulative businessmen who just live to make money, i knew this when they became the owners.

The accounts aren't just what they've decided to slap together and put out. There is oversight and independent audit. It's a legal requirement for a company the size of the Swans.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Birch’s programme notes on 09:43 - Dec 30 with 1396 viewsbuilthjack

Birch’s programme notes on 09:24 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

Obviously it won't show siphoning monies out.
But there will be unexplained areas.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Birch’s programme notes on 09:48 - Dec 30 with 1385 viewsNeath_Jack

Can't see anything wrong with it myself.

There is no money, and we are getting less income every season. Do some of you really want them to gamble with the clubs very existence? Let's hope they can find a way to fund the Cat 1 academy without putting us further down shite street.

Yeah the buying pints thing is trying to get the fans on side, and hopefully renew their season tickers, again, nothing wrong in that. We need as many people coming through those gates as possible. Those who are pouting about not being in the premier league, not buying players etc, are only going to make the situation worse by not turning up.

We all know the owners are only interested in cutting their loses and getting out of dodge. They'll obviously want those loses to be as little as possible, so will need to stabilise the club to make it even slightly attractive to perspective buyers.

What do people expect Birch to do? He's got a job to do, whilst trying to keep the fans onside.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Birch’s programme notes on 09:54 - Dec 30 with 1376 viewsDr_Winston

Birch’s programme notes on 09:43 - Dec 30 by builthjack

What do you think HMRC will do about those unexplained areas?

Birch’s programme notes on 10:08 - Dec 30 with 1357 viewsmonmouth

Birch’s programme notes on 12:23 - Dec 29 by Cooperman

This is a strange comment...

“ At least season ticket holders can have a free drink on me and the club today.”

Yes, reads like...('everything not nailed down will be sold and the club is heading down the drain, but) at least...'

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Birch’s programme notes on 10:08 - Dec 30 with 1357 viewsSwanDownUnder

Birch’s programme notes on 09:28 - Dec 30 by Fireboy2

Oh my god, you think HMRC is in on it to?
Birch’s programme notes on 10:10 - Dec 30 with 1356 viewsCooperman

Birch’s programme notes on 09:48 - Dec 30 by Neath_Jack

Can't see anything wrong with it myself.

There is no money, and we are getting less income every season. Do some of you really want them to gamble with the clubs very existence? Let's hope they can find a way to fund the Cat 1 academy without putting us further down shite street.

Yeah the buying pints thing is trying to get the fans on side, and hopefully renew their season tickers, again, nothing wrong in that. We need as many people coming through those gates as possible. Those who are pouting about not being in the premier league, not buying players etc, are only going to make the situation worse by not turning up.

We all know the owners are only interested in cutting their loses and getting out of dodge. They'll obviously want those loses to be as little as possible, so will need to stabilise the club to make it even slightly attractive to perspective buyers.

What do people expect Birch to do? He's got a job to do, whilst trying to keep the fans onside.

He’s also got to ensure that correct financial practices are applied. Whilst he might not be CFO, he and the directors of SCFC are accountable for ensuring that financial irregularities do not occur.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Birch’s programme notes on 10:11 - Dec 30 with 1353 viewsCooperman

Birch’s programme notes on 10:08 - Dec 30 by monmouth

Yes, reads like...('everything not nailed down will be sold and the club is heading down the drain, but) at least...'

That was exactly my first thought.

Birch’s programme notes on 10:15 - Dec 30 with 1344 viewsmarchamjack

Birch’s programme notes on 09:43 - Dec 30 by builthjack

And there will be large ‘management fees’ and other such catch-all phrases that have no real explanation.

Birch’s programme notes on 10:17 - Dec 30 with 1337 viewsSwanDownUnder

You know Stuart already has access to this right?
Birch’s programme notes on 10:20 - Dec 30 with 1326 viewsbuilthjack

Birch’s programme notes on 09:54 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

What do you think HMRC will do about those unexplained areas?

Nothing. They will be consultancy, management fees, etc etc. But you know that.

I was asked before if you are Birch in disguise.

Birch’s programme notes on 10:21 - Dec 30 with 1321 viewsCooperman

Birch’s programme notes on 10:15 - Dec 30 by marchamjack

And there will be large ‘management fees’ and other such catch-all phrases that have no real explanation.

In which case current FY gets compared to last FY and the year before that. There are some fundamental questions that can be asked even if you don’t have the first idea about accounting practices.

Birch’s programme notes on 10:27 - Dec 30 with 1311 viewsmarchamjack

Birch’s programme notes on 10:21 - Dec 30 by Cooperman

In which case current FY gets compared to last FY and the year before that. There are some fundamental questions that can be asked even if you don’t have the first idea about accounting practices.

I shall look forward then to your full year end analysis when the accounts are published

Birch’s programme notes on 10:28 - Dec 30 with 1310 viewsDr_Winston

Birch’s programme notes on 10:20 - Dec 30 by builthjack

Nothing. They will be consultancy, management fees, etc etc. But you know that.

I was asked before if you are Birch in disguise.

Which have to be accounted for. Explained. Justified. If there's a £10m "consultancy fee" in the accounts I'm fully prepared to admit that I'm wrong. If there isn't will you be?

No. I'm not Birch in disguise. Just someone keeping an open mind and looking for facts rather than immediately jumping to suspicion and accusation.

Birch’s programme notes on 10:37 - Dec 30 with 1283 viewsmonmouth

Birch is what he is. Not a 'good guy' not a 'bad guy', just there to do a specific job. Package up the club for disposal seems the obvious one, or failing a buyer emerging, then run it under its own steam in whatever division makes that an equilibrium prospect. That is, if income matches expenditure in league 2 that's whare we will exist. It's actually how all clubs should be run. I'm afraid those of that mind can forget 'investment to reach the next level'. That boat sailed with relegation. If he could, I'm sure he'd like that 'equilibrium' to be the championship, but not many pull that trick off because their eyesget filled with premier league shit and they put their clubs at risk.

Stabilised championship, to try and build another promotion team would be a major success. In my view it's time people set their expectations more realistically. We're not ready to aim at play offs or promotion. We need to model Leeds or Norwich. That's our best future. Our worst future is to just retain a football club longer term. That's the legacy of mismanagement from 2014 to now.

Meanwhile, as NJ says, he has to keep the PR effort going as non renewals simply make everything worse. He's doing a job...a mixture of FD/CEO Sales and Customer Service Director all rolled together.

Worrying to hear that MacDonald is going down the Cooze route. For my money Huw Cooze should go back into that role immediately and Silent Stu step aside. Cooze has been burned and would have his eyes open to all the schmoozing and fawning.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 10:38]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Birch’s programme notes on 10:44 - Dec 30 with 1261 viewsCooperman

Birch’s programme notes on 10:27 - Dec 30 by marchamjack

I shall look forward then to your full year end analysis when the accounts are published

Only time will tell.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024