Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birch’s programme notes 12:09 - Dec 29 with 24011 viewsmarchamjack

Can’t do the linky thing on my phone...thanks in advance to whoever puts them up...if anyone is still in any doubt about Trev being a puppet of the Yanks, have a read 😐

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Birch’s programme notes on 12:48 - Dec 31 with 1726 viewsVincent_Vega

Birch’s programme notes on 21:03 - Dec 30 by londonlisa2001

Interesting thread.

My main take on this :

We spent 7 years in the premier league. If we downgrade the academy (and it’s an if, but one that’s been raised by the programme notes so is undoubtedly possible), what exactly do we have to show for the income in excess of half a BILLION pounds we earned during that time.

The stadium isn’t any bigger.
The team will consist of, let’s be honest, mid ranking championship players playing bang average football.
We have an inexperienced manager.
We won’t have a high ranking academy.
We won’t have state of the art training facilities that we own.
We haven’t a new stadium sponsor.
We have a mid level kit supplier and mid level sponsors.
We have attendances that are no better than we had in 2010/2011.
We have owners that are disconnected from the fan base and a supporters’ trust that have been left outside in the cold.

It seems to me that all we have to show for the substantial amount of time in the top earning league in the world is a few individuals driving around West Wales in better cars, unable to show their faces in the stadium.

It’s not much of a legacy is it.

Post of the year that for me.

Very sobering summary and also accurate

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Birch’s programme notes on 12:54 - Dec 31 with 1702 viewslondonlisa2001

Birch’s programme notes on 12:48 - Dec 31 by Vincent_Vega

Post of the year that for me.

Very sobering summary and also accurate

It was after watching the largely woeful displays over the Christmas period that I just thought not just how quickly it’s all gone but far more importantly how little there is to show for it.
Birch’s programme notes on 12:54 - Dec 31 with 1709 viewsQJumpingJack

Birch’s programme notes on 21:03 - Dec 30 by londonlisa2001

Interesting thread.

My main take on this :

We spent 7 years in the premier league. If we downgrade the academy (and it’s an if, but one that’s been raised by the programme notes so is undoubtedly possible), what exactly do we have to show for the income in excess of half a BILLION pounds we earned during that time.

The stadium isn’t any bigger.
The team will consist of, let’s be honest, mid ranking championship players playing bang average football.
We have an inexperienced manager.
We won’t have a high ranking academy.
We won’t have state of the art training facilities that we own.
We haven’t a new stadium sponsor.
We have a mid level kit supplier and mid level sponsors.
We have attendances that are no better than we had in 2010/2011.
We have owners that are disconnected from the fan base and a supporters’ trust that have been left outside in the cold.

It seems to me that all we have to show for the substantial amount of time in the top earning league in the world is a few individuals driving around West Wales in better cars, unable to show their faces in the stadium.

It’s not much of a legacy is it.

Post of the decade.
Lets hope Jason and Steve read it and digest it.
Birch’s programme notes on 12:56 - Dec 31 with 1695 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Birch’s programme notes on 12:54 - Dec 31 by QJumpingJack

Post of the decade.
Lets hope Jason and Steve read it and digest it.

The sellouts should be ashamed of it. Their treachery has resulted in our current situation.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Birch’s programme notes on 13:02 - Dec 31 with 1680 viewsGowerjack

Birch’s programme notes on 21:33 - Dec 30 by Swanjaxs

Agree with all this.

I get the feeling that the next 18 months have the potential to be on a par with the dark days of the Petty fiasco ...

Not be dramatic, just the way I see it going.

Time for the Trust to get their shìt together 😎

The Trust.

Everyone who applied to be on the board went on about better communication.

Not even got that right..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Birch’s programme notes on 13:06 - Dec 31 with 1651 viewsexiledclaseboy

Birch’s programme notes on 13:02 - Dec 31 by Gowerjack

The Trust.

Everyone who applied to be on the board went on about better communication.

Not even got that right..

I’d be happy to give my spot to those who feel they can do better. Genuinely.

Post your names here or PM me and I’ll pass them on.

Poll: Tory leader

Birch’s programme notes on 13:30 - Dec 31 with 1615 viewsTimTtam

Birch’s programme notes on 12:46 - Dec 31 by Dr_Winston

Can't argue with that.

For me the biggest mistakes have been the failure to properly expand the stadium in 2012-13 when we were flying, and the idiocy in appointing Monk alongside completely changing the way we did business as a club.

As always, the most frustrating thing isn't that we had a good spell in the Prem but ultimately struggled to compete, it's that most of our woes have been largely self-inflicted and had our owners been smarter and less greedy we could still have been a Premier League club now.

Frustrating is the key word there. What an opportunity we had, if we were operated properly:

- 27,000 capacity stadium
- Brendan Rodgers as manager
- Approaching 9 full seasons of playing in the PL
- Cat 1 academy
- State of the art training facilities for the first team and academy
- Our U23s team still being in the PL 2 Division 1 & playing in the EFL Trophy
- Our talented younger players being able to spend time on loan with Championship clubs, as a fallback option if we got relegated
- Excess funds as a fallback option if we got relegated, allowing the Cat 1 academy to stay open for years to come

Then again, it could've been worse. Sunderland are 13th in League 1, and this is their last season of parachute payments.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Birch’s programme notes on 13:39 - Dec 31 with 1599 viewsVincent_Vega

Birch’s programme notes on 12:54 - Dec 31 by londonlisa2001

It was after watching the largely woeful displays over the Christmas period that I just thought not just how quickly it’s all gone but far more importantly how little there is to show for it.

It's bang on to be fair.

I thought like many that when Sinclair slotted that pen home in Wembley that 'that's it, Swansea City will be safe for a lifetime with all this extra dough.' How wrong was I!

I remember Huw and co saying about building a legacy through the academy programme, new training facilities etc. and once that is done then we can build a squad that can compete in the Premier League. I bought it all hell I got excited at the prospect. How wrong was I!

When they sold out to the Yanks, cashing in as they said they took the club as far as they could when really they knew a legal sh!t storm was on the horizon and that costs were spiralling due to some interesting football and business decisions they made (allegedly) and that the Yanks could take us to 'the next level' I went with it as I thought 'makes sense I suppose' How wrong was I!

Now I do think we're on the way down a la Blackpool, Portsmouth. All thanks to the leadership of previously mentioned board members past and present and well maybe Swansea city is not as safe as I thought when Sinclair put it to Federici's right. Lets hope I'm wrong again...

Login to get fewer ads

Birch’s programme notes on 13:50 - Dec 31 with 1572 viewslondonlisa2001

Birch’s programme notes on 13:39 - Dec 31 by Vincent_Vega

It's bang on to be fair.

I thought like many that when Sinclair slotted that pen home in Wembley that 'that's it, Swansea City will be safe for a lifetime with all this extra dough.' How wrong was I!

I remember Huw and co saying about building a legacy through the academy programme, new training facilities etc. and once that is done then we can build a squad that can compete in the Premier League. I bought it all hell I got excited at the prospect. How wrong was I!

When they sold out to the Yanks, cashing in as they said they took the club as far as they could when really they knew a legal sh!t storm was on the horizon and that costs were spiralling due to some interesting football and business decisions they made (allegedly) and that the Yanks could take us to 'the next level' I went with it as I thought 'makes sense I suppose' How wrong was I!

Now I do think we're on the way down a la Blackpool, Portsmouth. All thanks to the leadership of previously mentioned board members past and present and well maybe Swansea city is not as safe as I thought when Sinclair put it to Federici's right. Lets hope I'm wrong again...

Hopefully if we get the chance again, we will learn the lessons and make the most of it, putting down foundations to last a generation or two. The amounts involved certainly allow for that, as long as the people in charge make responsible decisions.
Birch’s programme notes on 13:56 - Dec 31 with 1570 viewsVincent_Vega

Birch’s programme notes on 13:50 - Dec 31 by londonlisa2001

Hopefully if we get the chance again, we will learn the lessons and make the most of it, putting down foundations to last a generation or two. The amounts involved certainly allow for that, as long as the people in charge make responsible decisions.

I hope so to or like you said our legacy will be an extra few flash cars about oh and video advertising hoardings, don't forget them.

Birch’s programme notes on 14:12 - Dec 31 with 1547 viewsSwanDownUnder

Birch’s programme notes on 12:06 - Dec 31 by londonlisa2001

As has been stated a number of times now, that has not impacted the situation other than for a short time - less than a couple of weeks.

I realise your obvious and sad motivation is seemingly to spend a few days stirring up crap on here, but repeating lies over and over seems a strange way to spend a holiday.

What’s also sad is that so many are willing to jump on the bandwagon.

Several threads criticising the Trust and yet none criticising the actions of those that have caused this. What a time to be a supporter.

Morons.

you are not a trust representative.
Birch’s programme notes on 14:13 - Dec 31 with 1534 viewsexiledclaseboy

Birch’s programme notes on 14:12 - Dec 31 by SwanDownUnder

Yes she is. She’s finance affiliate to the trust board.

Birch’s programme notes on 14:25 - Dec 31 with 1511 viewsSwanDownUnder

apologies didnt think she was elected, nice one Ands.
Birch’s programme notes on 14:27 - Dec 31 with 1501 viewslondonlisa2001

Birch’s programme notes on 14:25 - Dec 31 by SwanDownUnder

apologies didnt think she was elected, nice one Ands.

I’m not elected.

But as an affiliate and member of the relevant sub group, I’m aware that the timeline was not affected by more than a week or so. As has been said a few times, which you choose to ignore for some reason.
Birch’s programme notes on 14:38 - Dec 31 with 1478 viewsSwanDownUnder

Apologies, its a get out clause unless they respond yes?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 14:40]
Birch’s programme notes on 14:42 - Dec 31 with 1470 viewswaynekerr55

Birch’s programme notes on 14:12 - Dec 31 by SwanDownUnder

And you're a great fan...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Birch’s programme notes on 15:14 - Dec 31 with 1428 viewsNeath_Jack

Birch’s programme notes on 13:06 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

I’d be happy to give my spot to those who feel they can do better. Genuinely.

Post your names here or PM me and I’ll pass them on.

I'd like to see Chad on there, same as I'd love to have seen the other chap, who i won't mention. Stir the pot up a bit like.

Not in your place though, just to clear that up.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Birch’s programme notes on 16:29 - Dec 31 with 1343 viewswaynekerr55

The Trust have owned up for their failures in the past.

The sellers show zero remorse.

Why do the trust get it in the neck non stop yet the sellers get nothing and have people defending them?

It's a genuine question.

Birch’s programme notes on 16:36 - Dec 31 with 1323 viewswaynekerr55

Why do the trust get it in the neck non stop yet the sellers get nothing and have people defending them?

It's a genuine question.

Birch’s programme notes on 16:44 - Dec 31 with 1300 viewsCooperman

Birch’s programme notes on 16:29 - Dec 31 by waynekerr55

It's a genuine question.

You can say that again!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Birch’s programme notes on 16:49 - Dec 31 with 1284 viewsKilkennyjack

Birch’s programme notes on 21:20 - Dec 30 by monmouth

It's actually tragic. but speaks volumes about the tuppeny ha'penny noddy nobodies that contemptuously chucked the club under a coach load of cash.

You did not waste a word.

Beware of the Risen People

Birch’s programme notes on 16:50 - Dec 31 with 1273 viewsexiledclaseboy

Birch’s programme notes on 16:36 - Dec 31 by waynekerr55

It's a genuine question.

Yeah but the minutes are out of date on the website. Think of the bigger picture mun.

Birch’s programme notes on 20:01 - Dec 31 with 1167 viewswaynekerr55

Birch’s programme notes on 16:50 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah but the minutes are out of date on the website. Think of the bigger picture mun.

Yeah, silly me.

Birch’s programme notes on 21:49 - Dec 31 with 1102 viewsFireboy2

Birch’s programme notes on 16:44 - Dec 31 by Cooperman

You can say that again!

👏
Birch’s programme notes on 11:33 - Jan 1 with 961 viewshammy

Birch’s programme notes on 12:42 - Dec 31 by londonlisa2001

Oh I don’t know - a few that have owned this football club have made quite a bit of money...

Any club going up to the premier league with no debt, no high salaries, no huge repayments due on a stadium, and staying there for 7 seasons should, with a bit of good management, have a legacy from that time.

And how many clubs have achieved this mythical "legacy" status without a very rich sugar daddy backing them ?

The football business model is a basket case and there are no winners without very deep pockets …

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024