Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birch’s programme notes 12:09 - Dec 29 with 23946 viewsmarchamjack

Can’t do the linky thing on my phone...thanks in advance to whoever puts them up...if anyone is still in any doubt about Trev being a puppet of the Yanks, have a read 😐

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Birch’s programme notes on 11:48 - Jan 1 with 1352 viewsBadlands

Birch’s programme notes on 11:33 - Jan 1 by hammy

And how many clubs have achieved this mythical "legacy" status without a very rich sugar daddy backing them ?

The football business model is a basket case and there are no winners without very deep pockets …

and as for all that money coming in?
What happened to it all? Because there's no evidence it was spent on transfers, wages and setting up facilities ... oh hang on!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Birch’s programme notes on 11:49 - Jan 1 with 1343 viewslondonlisa2001

Birch’s programme notes on 11:33 - Jan 1 by hammy

And how many clubs have achieved this mythical "legacy" status without a very rich sugar daddy backing them ?

The football business model is a basket case and there are no winners without very deep pockets …

Clubs aren’t at the same starting point as we were to be able to do it.

Most clubs incur debt to get there. The unique advantages that we had at the start of the seven years were not capitalised on.

They were wasted.
Birch’s programme notes on 11:50 - Jan 1 with 1339 viewsDr_Winston

Birch’s programme notes on 11:48 - Jan 1 by Badlands

What happened to it all? Because there's no evidence it was spent on transfers, wages and setting up facilities ... oh hang on!

It was all pissed away on transfers and wages. That's precisely the problem.

Instead of sticking to recruiting players based on a style of play we binned all that, handed the reins of the team to the new Tony Pulis, and started signing players for the sake of it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Birch’s programme notes on 11:53 - Jan 1 with 1315 viewslondonlisa2001

Birch’s programme notes on 11:48 - Jan 1 by Badlands

It being spent on transfers and wages is exactly the issue.

Thanks for elaborating on my point.
Birch’s programme notes on 11:55 - Jan 1 with 1296 views3swan

Birch’s programme notes on 11:53 - Jan 1 by londonlisa2001

Add paying off a number of managers and assistants
Birch’s programme notes on 11:59 - Jan 1 with 1283 viewsDr_Winston

Birch’s programme notes on 11:53 - Jan 1 by londonlisa2001

Innit.

Had we retained control of the wages, had we continued to insist upon relegation clauses, had we continued to recruit smartly, perhaps we'd have been in a much, much stronger position to bounce straight back up.

We are where we are, in the state we are as a direct result of Jenkins and Co's mismanagment, and the failure of the owners to properly supervise them.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Birch’s programme notes on 12:12 - Jan 1 with 1261 viewslondonlisa2001

Birch’s programme notes on 11:59 - Jan 1 by Dr_Winston

Innit.

Had we retained control of the wages, had we continued to insist upon relegation clauses, had we continued to recruit smartly, perhaps we'd have been in a much, much stronger position to bounce straight back up.

We are where we are, in the state we are as a direct result of Jenkins and Co's mismanagment, and the failure of the owners to properly supervise them.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I’ve said for years that I think one turning point was the recruitment of Gomis.

We thought we were being clever bringing in a ‘free’ transfer like that. Did the same with Ayew.

Costs out of control thereafter.

Should have recruited someone who could run a multi million pound business when we went up. Could have easily done so (more than one) for the amounts paid to Jenkins and Dineen.
Birch’s programme notes on 12:25 - Jan 1 with 1247 viewswaynekerr55

Birch’s programme notes on 11:55 - Jan 1 by 3swan

Add paying off a number of managers and assistants

And big pay rises pre sale, even though we had to sell JonJo to stay solvent...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Birch’s programme notes on 12:47 - Jan 1 with 1215 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Birch’s programme notes on 11:50 - Jan 1 by Dr_Winston

It was all pissed away on transfers and wages. That's precisely the problem.

Instead of sticking to recruiting players based on a style of play we binned all that, handed the reins of the team to the new Tony Pulis, and started signing players for the sake of it.

Not quite all of it, some of it went in to paying over the top prices for some of the work done for the club wasn't it?
Birch’s programme notes on 12:48 - Jan 1 with 1212 viewsdobjack2

Birch’s programme notes on 12:12 - Jan 1 by londonlisa2001

I’ve said for years that I think one turning point was the recruitment of Gomis.

We thought we were being clever bringing in a ‘free’ transfer like that. Did the same with Ayew.

Should have recruited someone who could run a multi million pound business when we went up. Could have easily done so (more than one) for the amounts paid to Jenkins and Dineen.

Yep - free transfer means big signing on fee and wages. Big wages means others wanting pay rises and so it spiralled.

The more desperate our recruitment became, the more power transferred to the player and their agents. Up go the wages out go any real relegation clauses in new contracts.
Birch’s programme notes on 14:10 - Jan 1 with 1168 viewsDr_Winston

Birch’s programme notes on 12:12 - Jan 1 by londonlisa2001

For a player Monk had no idea how to use properly.

Can't disagree.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024