Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks 17:10 - Apr 30 with 4870 viewsthis_charming_man

today it's confirmed a month later that this has happened and we are past the peak, so not just a line from a bus that TUI's favourite source of information said it was then

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/20/boris-johnson-covid-19-pri

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:43 - May 1 with 696 viewsdirk_doone

Nothing to do with politics but if what I've just seen on my shopping trip to Tesco is anything to go by, we are all going to hell in a handcart anyway.

Almost nobody is taking a blind bit of notice of the lockdown rules any more. The lines and arrows on the ground are being totally ignored. The funniest thing was a group of 3 young Tesco staff huddled together in a rugby scrum, chatting, with one of them wearing a T-Shirt with the slogan on her back in big letters, "Keep 2 meters apart."

The saddest thing was a young father who'd brought his very ill 10-year-old son along to stand in the queue, coughing and spluttering, without once telling him to cover his mouth.

Out on the streets everywhere people were just chatting together the same as they were before the lockdown. Almost nobody is bothering to wear masks.

I really hope I'm wrong and that they all know what they are doing because my impression is that we are going to see a lot more deaths as there is not a lot happening to stop them.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 17:55]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:51 - May 1 with 666 viewsDorsetIan

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 13:53 - May 1 by this_charming_man

It may surprise you "Ian" but not everyone agrees with you and Soggy.

Funny, for all my time on this forum, I'd missed that people disagree with me !

I said at the top of my post that I am still reserving judgement on Saint_Beaker. I've presented a bit of evidence. Let's see how he carries on.

It's all good fun.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:53 - May 1 with 666 views1885_SFC

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:43 - May 1 by dirk_doone

Nothing to do with politics but if what I've just seen on my shopping trip to Tesco is anything to go by, we are all going to hell in a handcart anyway.

Almost nobody is taking a blind bit of notice of the lockdown rules any more. The lines and arrows on the ground are being totally ignored. The funniest thing was a group of 3 young Tesco staff huddled together in a rugby scrum, chatting, with one of them wearing a T-Shirt with the slogan on her back in big letters, "Keep 2 meters apart."

The saddest thing was a young father who'd brought his very ill 10-year-old son along to stand in the queue, coughing and spluttering, without once telling him to cover his mouth.

Out on the streets everywhere people were just chatting together the same as they were before the lockdown. Almost nobody is bothering to wear masks.

I really hope I'm wrong and that they all know what they are doing because my impression is that we are going to see a lot more deaths as there is not a lot happening to stop them.

It's the same where I live.

I'm no expert or scientist (obviously), but as we've been in lock-down for well over a month now- and yet there are still 6,000 new cases per day!

Going out supermarket shopping, like you say dirk - it's not hard to see why.

Old School is Cool

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:53 - May 1 with 661 viewsDorsetIan

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 13:54 - May 1 by Saint_Beaker

Is it not possible for more than person to hold the same personality traits, and to agree with the same people? Because people differ to you, your paranoia automatically defaults to them having to be one and the same person. Do you really believe in your own superiority of opinion to that degree, that not more than one or two people ould possibly disagree with you?

Of course it is - don't get so touchy about it. I said I was reserving judgment. It's not your fault if you're not very original. You might get a chance to choose some biscuits if you hang around long enough.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 14:54]

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:55 - May 1 with 661 viewsSaint_Beaker

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:41 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

Come on, you are him him aren’t you? That is something else he does. If he is called childish then you can be sure that he will slip that in when he tries to think of a retort.

Seriously, you need to take a long hard look at yourself. If you are joking I can understand, but if you truly believe what you are saying, then you have issues. Peopkle disagree with you. It is part of life.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:55 - May 1 with 659 viewsSaint_Beaker

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:51 - May 1 by DorsetIan

Funny, for all my time on this forum, I'd missed that people disagree with me !

I said at the top of my post that I am still reserving judgement on Saint_Beaker. I've presented a bit of evidence. Let's see how he carries on.

It's all good fun.

What evidence have you provided? You are utterly mad.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:56 - May 1 with 658 viewsSaint_Beaker

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:53 - May 1 by DorsetIan

Of course it is - don't get so touchy about it. I said I was reserving judgment. It's not your fault if you're not very original. You might get a chance to choose some biscuits if you hang around long enough.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 14:54]

It is not me getting touchy is it now. It is quite clear you are the touchy and insecure one as you believe people who disagree with you must be in cohorts, not actually real people.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:57 - May 1 with 650 viewsSadoldgit

I had to go out this morning and there were a lot more cars on the roads than the last time I left the house.You get the feeling that the message of we’re are over the worst has been interpreted as, no need to worry now. I used to do a food run to Tescos once a week and I hated it. At least now there seem to be home delivery slots available so with luck I can ditch the visits. Perhaps it will take another upturn for the message to strike home.
Login to get fewer ads

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:03 - May 1 with 645 views1885_SFC

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:57 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

I had to go out this morning and there were a lot more cars on the roads than the last time I left the house.You get the feeling that the message of we’re are over the worst has been interpreted as, no need to worry now. I used to do a food run to Tescos once a week and I hated it. At least now there seem to be home delivery slots available so with luck I can ditch the visits. Perhaps it will take another upturn for the message to strike home.

Ah. Now all these new cases make sense. W@nkers...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/drinkers-found-hiding-cupboards-police-219

Old School is Cool

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:03 - May 1 with 641 viewsDorsetIan

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:17 - May 1 by Saint_Beaker

Whataboutery is used by those who have been found wanting in debates. As soon as some one shows you to be of double standards by mentioning other incidents and examples, you revert to calling it whataboutery, as if that placates it and makes it irrelevant. NEWS FLASH. It doesn't. It proves the person to indeed be a hypocrite.

No, you're wrong about that.

'Whataboutery' is a type of argument identified as fallacious a very long time ago. Otherwise known as tu quoque...

"Tu quoque "argument" follows the pattern:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B asserts that A's actions or past claims are inconsistent with the truth of claim X.
Therefore, X is false.

It is a fallacy because the moral character or actions of the opponent are generally irrelevant to the logic of the argument. It is often used as a red herring tactic and is a special case of the ad hominem fallacy, which is a category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of facts about the person presenting or supporting the claim or argument."

Essentially, it's a red herring. Concentrate on the argument at hand fella - that's the best way.

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:05 - May 1 with 638 viewsDorsetIan

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:56 - May 1 by Saint_Beaker

It is not me getting touchy is it now. It is quite clear you are the touchy and insecure one as you believe people who disagree with you must be in cohorts, not actually real people.

Don't be silly on your first day.

Come on, give us something interesting and original. What are your views on Keith Vaz?

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:06 - May 1 with 637 viewsSaint_Beaker

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:03 - May 1 by DorsetIan

No, you're wrong about that.

'Whataboutery' is a type of argument identified as fallacious a very long time ago. Otherwise known as tu quoque...

"Tu quoque "argument" follows the pattern:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B asserts that A's actions or past claims are inconsistent with the truth of claim X.
Therefore, X is false.

It is a fallacy because the moral character or actions of the opponent are generally irrelevant to the logic of the argument. It is often used as a red herring tactic and is a special case of the ad hominem fallacy, which is a category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of facts about the person presenting or supporting the claim or argument."

Essentially, it's a red herring. Concentrate on the argument at hand fella - that's the best way.

LOL. Sorry, you are clearly not worth replying to in future. I can see straight through you. You will call out others you dislike for doing things, but when your people you favour do the same sorts of things you run away and label it whataboutery as it shows you up as a hypocrite. Spin it which ever way you want, you are a hypocrite who cannot see his own political view/bias. Sad really.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:07 - May 1 with 634 viewsdirk_doone

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:03 - May 1 by 1885_SFC

Ah. Now all these new cases make sense. W@nkers...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/drinkers-found-hiding-cupboards-police-219

No, it's not what you'd normally refer to as social distancing, is it?

"The sisters became aggressive and started egging each other on to cough and spit at the officers before Sarah, 33, was arrested.

Danielle, 34, then grabbed a crutch from a member of the public and smashed PC Merrygold in the shin before scratching his face with her fingernails."

I wonder if the member of the public fell over?
[Post edited 1 May 2020 15:11]

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:07 - May 1 with 633 viewsSaint_Beaker

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:05 - May 1 by DorsetIan

Don't be silly on your first day.

Come on, give us something interesting and original. What are your views on Keith Vaz?

Sorry, is that not a bit of whataboutery?

You are boring as you will only see things with Red Labour tinted specs. You need to open your views a little and let in some alternatives, then you would have a happier life.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:10 - May 1 with 628 views1885_SFC

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:07 - May 1 by dirk_doone

No, it's not what you'd normally refer to as social distancing, is it?

"The sisters became aggressive and started egging each other on to cough and spit at the officers before Sarah, 33, was arrested.

Danielle, 34, then grabbed a crutch from a member of the public and smashed PC Merrygold in the shin before scratching his face with her fingernails."

I wonder if the member of the public fell over?
[Post edited 1 May 2020 15:11]

Those sisters; what a couple of beauties...

Old School is Cool

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:16 - May 1 with 614 viewsdirk_doone

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:10 - May 1 by 1885_SFC

Those sisters; what a couple of beauties...

It's like Zombie Apocalypse: those are the sort of creatures you see lurking outside at night.

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:35 - May 1 with 596 viewsMr_Happy

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 10:04 - May 1 by Saint_Beaker

At least a year. To be honest it is not the sort of forum I would normally join as there are far to many argumentitive types on here. But over the last week, some of the comments have just been so clearly illogical and clearly simplistic anti-government rants I thought it might be good to enter the dragon.

Thanks for the welcome sir. I have noticed that you are one of those who looks at things very objectively while standing up against those who refuse to see things as they are and or answer any questions posed of them at all. Like you, I am neither Right or Left leaning, politically. I have in my lifetime voted both Labour and Conservative. I will continue to take each election as it comes. But some on here vote not vote anything but Labour even if Hitler was reborn and in charge of them.

Hello Alan, welcome back.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:39 - May 1 with 591 viewsMr_Happy

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:21 - May 1 by Occasional_Showers

That doesn’t change the fact we are surging ahead with testing and the number of cases and deaths are falling. The tide is turning.

'That doesn’t change the fact we are surging ahead with testing'

Believe that and you'll believe anything. They've changed the rules to allow them to count every test they posted out as an actual test carried out, appalling behaviour.
Around 50,000 tests supposedly carried out yesterday were tests that had just been posted.
https://www.hsj.co.uk/story.aspx?storyCode=7027544
[Post edited 1 May 2020 15:41]

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 16:19 - May 1 with 562 viewshuelinsaint

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 21:56 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

Boris said we’d turn the tide in 12 weeks, 5 weeks after he said it we’ve past the peak. Although hilarious you accuse me of digesting information before posting it.

Still sticking up for the government i see, it's like an addiction for you
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 16:23 - May 1 with 560 viewshuelinsaint

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 10:18 - May 1 by grumpy

'But some on here vote not vote anything but Labour even if Hitler was reborn and in charge of them'

Utter Rubbish...

Another embarrassed Tory join the forum
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 16:25 - May 1 with 558 viewshuelinsaint

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:31 - May 1 by this_charming_man

More than welcome sir and great to have you on board. I look forward to intelligent, balanced discussion devoid of any anti government rhetoric.

No, mustn't talk the government down god forbid
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 16:25 - May 1 with 558 viewsgrumpy

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 15:39 - May 1 by Mr_Happy

'That doesn’t change the fact we are surging ahead with testing'

Believe that and you'll believe anything. They've changed the rules to allow them to count every test they posted out as an actual test carried out, appalling behaviour.
Around 50,000 tests supposedly carried out yesterday were tests that had just been posted.
https://www.hsj.co.uk/story.aspx?storyCode=7027544
[Post edited 1 May 2020 15:41]

Strange how we have suddenly jumped to 100,00...
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 16:26 - May 1 with 558 viewshuelinsaint

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:40 - May 1 by Saint_Beaker

When the dust settles and the truth comes out, you will find a great many of these would have died anyway. No, that is not being cold. It is a fact. As someone said on here the other day, Eddie Large dies of heart disease but was listed as a covid victim. Doctors have orders to list deaths as Covid as much as possible, so even if they are suspected to have had it, the death is listed as died with it. You will also find normal Influenza deaths are down this year on year. This is because a ot of people who have had flu and dies have been assumed to have died of Covid.

Before you ask for evidence of this, the answer is no. I will not go searching again for stuff I have read daily from news sources all over the world. If you look outside your anti Boris Johnson bubble, you will find there are other ways to learn about what is actually going on in the world.

We'll do that when you start looking at things from outside you're pro Boris Johnson, bubble
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 16:32 - May 1 with 553 viewshuelinsaint

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 14:17 - May 1 by Saint_Beaker

Whataboutery is used by those who have been found wanting in debates. As soon as some one shows you to be of double standards by mentioning other incidents and examples, you revert to calling it whataboutery, as if that placates it and makes it irrelevant. NEWS FLASH. It doesn't. It proves the person to indeed be a hypocrite.

No,whaterboutery is used when somebody,usually on the right of the political spectrum,when confronted with facts shout,yeah but what about labour or what about Gordon Brown selling all the gold
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 16:35 - May 1 with 549 viewshuelinsaint

6,000 new cases in Britain yesterday, and if they're behaving like that,god help us
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024