Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist abuse on Twitter 08:47 - Jul 12 with 3558 viewsAjack_Kerouac

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57800431

Every time we hear there was racist abuse on Twitter and we all condemn it
but here's my questions;

1) Where is the journalist who is prepared to get to the bottom of whom exactly is posting this vile abuse - I want to know their names, their backgrounds their previous history of behaviour on the internet.
&
2) If Twitter allows racist abuse on it's platform over and over and over again...and allows users to be anonymous...then why don't we ban Twitter?

In America there has been high profile cases where it was found that racist/homophobic (etc.) abuse was actually perpetrated by the last people you would expect....because they were trying to create a media story that supports a political narrative.

It is not good enough for our media to report racist abuse, lament it, and not investigate it.
Investigate it and make sure there are real world consequences for those involved, regardless of whom they are or what their motivations were.

What does Swansea think?

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Racist abuse on Twitter on 08:56 - Jul 12 with 2558 viewsFireboy2

Brilliant post and absolutely spot on.

It's gone way way too far, if twitter doesn't do anything about finding the cuprits then ban them as you say.
Racist abuse on Twitter on 08:57 - Jul 12 with 2544 viewsonehunglow

Brilliant post yet as yet unanswered.

Think they re too concerned with schadefreude this morning

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:02 - Jul 12 with 2552 viewsDr_Parnassus

The subject bores me to tears sadly, yet seems to excite so many, which means it is something that will never ever go away.

People love making a big outrage song and dance about it as much as those that love to get the attention of making those comments in the first place, it’s a circle of attention feeding that is the epitome of social media.

We are in an age where clicks, attention and fame (or infamy) are a sort of currency. Every single person knows what a cesspit these social media sites are for abuse of all kinds, yet people still wish to live their lives on them, it’s not real life.

Whatever insult will garner the most attention will be the one used, currently the topic of the moment is race.

I would bet my last dollar that all people in all walks of life have been abused on-line infinitely more than they have in person, that’s simply because on-line represents a false reality.

To stop it (or at least vastly reduce it) you have to starve the people of the attention they crave, not fuel their reasoning to continue further by putting even more focus on them. Ignore them, allow the masses to drown them out while working quietly with law enforcement and the social media companies to track illegal comments.

Currently, giving them all the attention they could wish for isn't working... and it will never work.

It’s not a deterrent, it’s an incentive.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:11 - Jul 12 with 2544 viewsAjack_Kerouac

It is the lead story on CNN.

England...with a team full of people with different skin colours and ethnic backgrounds, and a crowd that mirrors the team...are being characterised as "racist".

Meanwhile Italy have ZERO black players and nearly exclusively white crowd.

Yet England as a country is "racist" because of some anonymous comments on Twitter.
Why don't we want to get to the bottom of who these people are and why Twitter allows it?

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:15 - Jul 12 with 2535 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:11 - Jul 12 by Ajack_Kerouac

England...with a team full of people with different skin colours and ethnic backgrounds, and a crowd that mirrors the team...are being characterised as "racist".

Yet England as a country is "racist" because of some anonymous comments on Twitter.
Why don't we want to get to the bottom of who these people are and why Twitter allows it?

It appears that it serves a purpose for someone.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:15 - Jul 12 with 2535 viewsFireboy2

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:02 - Jul 12 by Dr_Parnassus

The subject bores me to tears sadly, yet seems to excite so many, which means it is something that will never ever go away.

People love making a big outrage song and dance about it as much as those that love to get the attention of making those comments in the first place, it’s a circle of attention feeding that is the epitome of social media.

We are in an age where clicks, attention and fame (or infamy) are a sort of currency. Every single person knows what a cesspit these social media sites are for abuse of all kinds, yet people still wish to live their lives on them, it’s not real life.

Whatever insult will garner the most attention will be the one used, currently the topic of the moment is race.

I would bet my last dollar that all people in all walks of life have been abused on-line infinitely more than they have in person, that’s simply because on-line represents a false reality.

To stop it (or at least vastly reduce it) you have to starve the people of the attention they crave, not fuel their reasoning to continue further by putting even more focus on them. Ignore them, allow the masses to drown them out while working quietly with law enforcement and the social media companies to track illegal comments.

Currently, giving them all the attention they could wish for isn't working... and it will never work.

It’s not a deterrent, it’s an incentive.

Bores you Eh? That shows what you are all about.

And I'm afraid you are most definitely wrong, it does not excite me, it absolutely disgusts me.
Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:15 - Jul 12 with 2524 viewsonehunglow

Friend of wife is mixed race and went on holiday to Puglia ,Italy.
Open,naked,pure racist abuse everywhere .

Italians ,to me,seem very racist as do the Balkan countries.

We have some beauts but we are far from the worst.

Jesus,they re still playing out the Civil War in Baton Rouge .

Twitter simply acts as a conduit for people s innermost hate. It’s how they really feel inside.

Maybe players would do better avoiding it as should football clubs.All of them

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:24 - Jul 12 with 2521 viewsDr_Parnassus

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:15 - Jul 12 by Fireboy2

Bores you Eh? That shows what you are all about.

And I'm afraid you are most definitely wrong, it does not excite me, it absolutely disgusts me.

It shows I’m all about common sense and do not buy into the nonsense drummed up online.

I am absolutely not wrong, sadly.

The same dopamine rush the idiots and kids get from the attention of making these comments will be similar to the dopamine rush of the people that flock to condemn it and get praised for the virtue. It’s to the point people have ran out of race based comments so are now calling everyone racist who criticised him for his penalty, it’s insatiable.

It’s a never ending game of Twitter attention and one I don’t entangle myself in.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Racist abuse on Twitter on 11:15 - Jul 12 with 2460 viewsBoundy

Your statement is incorrect Moise Kean is part of the squad and happens to be ( not that it should make any difference ) is non white .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Racist abuse on Twitter on 11:28 - Jul 12 with 2451 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Racist abuse on Twitter on 11:15 - Jul 12 by Boundy

Your statement is incorrect Moise Kean is part of the squad and happens to be ( not that it should make any difference ) is non white .

Fair enough, forgot about him...but my point still stands. There is no way on earth that England could be described as a racist country.
The evidence is before our eyes at the Euros.
England is among the most racially diverse teams and general populations on the planet.

A few idiots on Twitter don't tell the whole story.
I just investigated the bloke behind the disgusting tweets on the other thread and as far as I can see he is a white bloke immersed in black hip hop culture...I'm not even sure he is British.

Racist abuse on Twitter on 11:32 - Jul 12 with 2442 viewsjack247

Racist abuse on Twitter on 11:28 - Jul 12 by Ajack_Kerouac

Fair enough, forgot about him...but my point still stands. There is no way on earth that England could be described as a racist country.
England is among the most racially diverse teams and general populations on the planet.

I just investigated the bloke behind the disgusting tweets on the other thread and as far as I can see he is a white bloke immersed in black hip hop culture...I'm not even sure he is British.

England isn’t a racist country, far from it.

In a population of 55 million, you’re always going to get a few knuckleheads. I agree with you, it has a very diverse and in the vast majority of cases, inclusive population.
Racist abuse on Twitter on 11:36 - Jul 12 with 2432 viewsonehunglow

Racist abuse on Twitter on 11:28 - Jul 12 by Ajack_Kerouac

K.
Only until recently has Italy had any black player. A viciously racist country as our most of the Balkans .Serbs and Croatia have got away with the most shocking filth and the punishment by EUFAb has been derisory. Recall the Bulgars giving England s black players the monkey chants .

People forget too easily.

I honestly believed Serbia should have been banned from all sport as they are IMO the very worst kind of natural full on racist.

It also follows countries who are racist arealso homophobic . And yet the next World Cup in Qatar

How did that one get through then

Racist abuse on Twitter on 11:47 - Jul 12 with 2432 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Racist abuse on Twitter on 11:36 - Jul 12 by onehunglow

K.
Only until recently has Italy had any black player. A viciously racist country as our most of the Balkans .Serbs and Croatia have got away with the most shocking filth and the punishment by EUFAb has been derisory. Recall the Bulgars giving England s black players the monkey chants .

People forget too easily.

I honestly believed Serbia should have been banned from all sport as they are IMO the very worst kind of natural full on racist.

It also follows countries who are racist arealso homophobic . And yet the next World Cup in Qatar

How did that one get through then

Exactly, the World Cup will be held in a country that is racist, that bans other religions, that is homophobic, misogynist and has a form of modern slavery going on...the slaves were used to build the very stadiums where the games will be held.

Yet we are asked to believe that the biggest problem facing us is some bell-ends on Twitter.

What do you make of this fella Hung?
https://twitter.com/picofru

I'm not sure if he even sees himself as White. I can't make out if he is a Somali or hates the Somalis (the standard of literacy is so bad).
He might be a White bloke trying to fit in with his peers in a gang in London...
He might not even be the fella in the photo....
His name might not be Andie Jones...

We know nothing about the person who posted that shite, yet we are asked to believe that this somehow represents England and by extension Britain, and we should all be ashamed of our society for producing such a person.
Let's find out who this person is and what his motives were first is it?

Racist abuse on Twitter on 11:59 - Jul 12 with 2417 viewsonehunglow

Racist abuse on Twitter on 11:47 - Jul 12 by Ajack_Kerouac

Exactly, the World Cup will be held in a country that is racist, that bans other religions, that is homophobic, misogynist and has a form of modern slavery going on...the slaves were used to build the very stadiums where the games will be held.

Yet we are asked to believe that the biggest problem facing us is some bell-ends on Twitter.

What do you make of this fella Hung?
https://twitter.com/picofru

I'm not sure if he even sees himself as White. I can't make out if he is a Somali or hates the Somalis (the standard of literacy is so bad).
He might be a White bloke trying to fit in with his peers in a gang in London...
He might not even be the fella in the photo....
His name might not be Andie Jones...

We know nothing about the person who posted that shite, yet we are asked to believe that this somehow represents England and by extension Britain, and we should all be ashamed of our society for producing such a person.
Let's find out who this person is and what his motives were first is it?

When Moscow and Qatar were selected ,alarm bells should have rung loud and clear.neither should have been selected.
One a filthy sub continent of racist pigs and the other one that simply kills homosexuals and effectively dams all women to a life of submissive drudgery .

Yet,it goes ahead.

The selection of Qatar should have led to a boycott of football countries . Some ,most in the eastern bloc, wouldn’t have had a problem though ,us in the west would though. That sets us about from them.

It is not too late for England to take a lead and simply withdraw from Qatar.

Now that really would be a proud step to take and an effective and brave one,which is why the FA have not done so,

This is how to fight racism and homnophobia.

As I have said before the likes of Red Star Belgrade should have had a life ban from EUFA . Lazio and Napoli too in he sewer.

Racist abuse on Twitter on 12:06 - Jul 12 with 2420 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The answer is should be massive fines for Twitter until they correctly administer their site and prevent the posts in the first place.
Even more massive fines if they do not assist the police in identifying the posters.
But twitter, like facebook, google and others are too big for governments to control now.
If they can't be controlled then ban them, but can that even be done?
Racist abuse on Twitter on 12:12 - Jul 12 with 2408 viewsonehunglow

Racist abuse on Twitter on 12:06 - Jul 12 by A_Fans_Dad

The answer is should be massive fines for Twitter until they correctly administer their site and prevent the posts in the first place.
Even more massive fines if they do not assist the police in identifying the posters.
But twitter, like facebook, google and others are too big for governments to control now.
If they can't be controlled then ban them, but can that even be done?

That’s a good post.
Personally ,I think Twitter should be closed down.

Go fo it.

That said, those loookin* for racist confrontation will have to look elsewhere.

Twitter gives them a conduit for it all.

Racist abuse on Twitter on 17:42 - Jul 12 with 2355 viewsItchySphincter

One racist is too many.

Unfortunately it’s not one. It’s not something to be ignored but when will people admit that the current government fosters and endorses exclusivity.

Why did Johnson not condemn booing of the knee when the England manager said that they were doing it as a symbol against racism? Too late now.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Racist abuse on Twitter on 18:11 - Jul 12 with 2349 viewsYrAlarch

Racist abuse on Twitter on 12:12 - Jul 12 by onehunglow

That’s a good post.
Personally ,I think Twitter should be closed down.

Go fo it.

That said, those loookin* for racist confrontation will have to look elsewhere.

Twitter gives them a conduit for it all.

I agree with your sentiment but the problem is that there are many other platforms for people to express racial abuse.
Perhaps if potential users boycotted them then those platforms would start taking positive action rather than just paying lip service.
Also the Police may be able to concentrate on other things, like terrorism, investigating burglaries rather than tracking down these abusers. In other words put the onus on the social media platforms.
Racist abuse on Twitter on 20:35 - Jul 12 with 2310 viewsonehunglow

Racist abuse on Twitter on 18:11 - Jul 12 by YrAlarch

I agree with your sentiment but the problem is that there are many other platforms for people to express racial abuse.
Perhaps if potential users boycotted them then those platforms would start taking positive action rather than just paying lip service.
Also the Police may be able to concentrate on other things, like terrorism, investigating burglaries rather than tracking down these abusers. In other words put the onus on the social media platforms.

True but at least it makes it harder. It’s all we can do.

PS,nice to have a good exchange .

See,we ‘re ok really.

As I said,I am a tricky ,confrontational and capricious man.

It s why I am friendless

Racist abuse on Twitter on 21:49 - Jul 12 with 2288 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Racist abuse on Twitter on 17:42 - Jul 12 by ItchySphincter

One racist is too many.

Unfortunately it’s not one. It’s not something to be ignored but when will people admit that the current government fosters and endorses exclusivity.

Why did Johnson not condemn booing of the knee when the England manager said that they were doing it as a symbol against racism? Too late now.

Because they were taking the knee for communists.

Would you endorse 'Heil Hitler' salutes if somebody told you they were doing it for the environment?

Do you find my example absurd? That is because it is absurd, the whole gesture nonsense...kneeling for anti-racism achieves the same as;
- hopping for the disabled
- spinning for feminism
- twerking for LGBQT

It is nonsense...and the only thing that they communicated by kneeling was subservience to violent Leftists.
These young men aren't brave.
If they were brave? They'd be using their public platforms to do something for the little girls that were gang raped in Rotherham.

It's all a distraction so people don't need to actually DO something that's brave. A little gesture so they can get a pat on the back from the gutless liberal elite and continue to live in la-la-land.
It's delusion.

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:15 - Jul 13 with 2203 viewsItchySphincter

Racist abuse on Twitter on 21:49 - Jul 12 by Ajack_Kerouac

Because they were taking the knee for communists.

Would you endorse 'Heil Hitler' salutes if somebody told you they were doing it for the environment?

Do you find my example absurd? That is because it is absurd, the whole gesture nonsense...kneeling for anti-racism achieves the same as;
- hopping for the disabled
- spinning for feminism
- twerking for LGBQT

It is nonsense...and the only thing that they communicated by kneeling was subservience to violent Leftists.
These young men aren't brave.
If they were brave? They'd be using their public platforms to do something for the little girls that were gang raped in Rotherham.

It's all a distraction so people don't need to actually DO something that's brave. A little gesture so they can get a pat on the back from the gutless liberal elite and continue to live in la-la-land.
It's delusion.

So all the players taking the knee we’re promoting communism?

Do you want to go down that rabbit hole again? You can say it over and over and it will always be wrong.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:27 - Jul 13 with 2178 viewsonehunglow

Racist abuse on Twitter on 11:32 - Jul 12 by jack247

England isn’t a racist country, far from it.

In a population of 55 million, you’re always going to get a few knuckleheads. I agree with you, it has a very diverse and in the vast majority of cases, inclusive population.

This racist country has seen a massive show of support to Rashford in the area he grew up.

Check out his mural and then let's see England's detractors retract their jibes and move on.

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:55 - Jul 13 with 2177 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:27 - Jul 13 by onehunglow

This racist country has seen a massive show of support to Rashford in the area he grew up.

Check out his mural and then let's see England's detractors retract their jibes and move on.

Not a good penalty though.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:57 - Jul 13 with 2171 viewsonehunglow

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:55 - Jul 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

Not a good penalty though.

It wasn't but there again neither was Bale's.

Racist abuse on Twitter on 13:09 - Jul 13 with 2141 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Racist abuse on Twitter on 09:15 - Jul 13 by ItchySphincter

So all the players taking the knee we’re promoting communism?

Do you want to go down that rabbit hole again? You can say it over and over and it will always be wrong.

They started kneeling in support for BLM. We all know it...and Sky Sports even put a little Black Lives Matter logo in the corner of the screen for the avoidance of any doubt.
Do not tell anymore lies about that.
We all saw it and remember it.

Black Lives matter leaders boast about being "trained Marxists". They state on their website that they are for bringing down capitalism, defunding the Police and destroying the nuclear family...among other things.
This is the movement our footballers were kneeling for, so don't lie about it anymore.

Of course, when they realised it was extremely unpopular to kneel for BLM they changed the goalposts and claimed that they were just kneeling for anti-racism...nobody bought that, and they were booed.

If they were serious about being anti-racist only and had some humility, they would have changed what they were doing...but they couldn't be seen to back down, as to do so would be an admission that BLM has been rejected and is reviled.
So they continued.

It was very divisive and created the situation we now have today.
The privileged millionaire morons who created this tension need to take responsibility for their actions....they don't get to tell Priti Patel or the British people that we aren't allowed to boo them.
Who the flock do they think they are?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024