Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over 100 people in the ground today 10:59 - Sep 11 with 23973 viewsbuilthjack

- will be carrying Covid.
It could be the person next to you.
Frightening. Perhaps wear a mask folks. Take hand gel.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 10:59]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 10:13 - Sep 12 with 1222 viewsCatullus

AJ, I wasn't referring to your post, I hadn't seen it actually.

Stumpy, are you familiar with the Station beer garden, you can go in the back way, no need to go through the bar. Not that it matters. Like I said, I balance the risks and be as careful as I can but all while getting on with my life but staying inside the rules as much as is humanly possible.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Over 100 people in the ground today on 11:11 - Sep 12 with 1174 viewsKilkennyjack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 10:01 - Sep 12 by Catullus

There's some real sh/ttst/rr/ing going on in this thread. It's not debate, just rabble rousing.

I took my son to the game, I'm double vaxed, he's 12. We carried on pretty much as normal. I still wear a mask in shops, I try to stay in ventilated areas, like at the pub we went straight tothe beer garden.

I'll still be cautious, I'll have any future jabs but I need to get on with my life. My son needs to have a life.
If the unvaccinated want to run the risk, it's their choice, their life...or death. I'll try and balance the risks in my life. I'm not going to hide but I'm not going stupidly gung ho either.

Quite right.

Beware of the Risen People

Over 100 people in the ground today on 11:53 - Sep 12 with 1165 viewsGlossolalia

Been told to self-isolate because someone I work with, who is double-jabbed, came to work infected. His wife, whom he shares a bed with, had COVID before him. The rules make out that a double-jabbed individual can literally sleep with an infected person and come into work the next day. And that an unvaccinated person merely in the vicinity of an infected person for a fraction of the time has to isolate. Utter nonsense, and pushing the implied notion that being double-jabbed offers near invulnerability.

I'm not vaccinated for personal reasons. And I shall not be isolating. I am very well and very healthy. Of course if I felt unwell I'd isolate. But this should be about choice at this point. No blasted pontificating and no hyperbolic scaremongering. The same applies to this thread. You really think people don't realise? It's condescending and tautological. Just my two cents.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 11:54]
Over 100 people in the ground today on 11:56 - Sep 12 with 1154 viewsonehunglow

Over 100 people in the ground today on 11:53 - Sep 12 by Glossolalia

Been told to self-isolate because someone I work with, who is double-jabbed, came to work infected. His wife, whom he shares a bed with, had COVID before him. The rules make out that a double-jabbed individual can literally sleep with an infected person and come into work the next day. And that an unvaccinated person merely in the vicinity of an infected person for a fraction of the time has to isolate. Utter nonsense, and pushing the implied notion that being double-jabbed offers near invulnerability.

I'm not vaccinated for personal reasons. And I shall not be isolating. I am very well and very healthy. Of course if I felt unwell I'd isolate. But this should be about choice at this point. No blasted pontificating and no hyperbolic scaremongering. The same applies to this thread. You really think people don't realise? It's condescending and tautological. Just my two cents.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 11:54]

Could not disagree more but I'll refrain from further comment except to say do not trust covid and the possibility of catching it and not recovering.

Good chum of mine died 12 months ago of it.

Fit and healthy man too.

Family gutted

They would isolate

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:07 - Sep 12 with 1155 viewsGlossolalia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 11:56 - Sep 12 by onehunglow

Could not disagree more but I'll refrain from further comment except to say do not trust covid and the possibility of catching it and not recovering.

Good chum of mine died 12 months ago of it.

Fit and healthy man too.

Family gutted

They would isolate

You would vehemently disagree with using freedom of choice? And do you agree with the ridiculous rules that have resulted in my situation? I said I'd isolate if I was feeling unwell. As it is, I'm working today to cover sickness. We are key workers, and people would lose out if I didn't work today or the next week. And by the way, I know the individual in question, and at no point was I close to him for an extended period of time.

As sympathetic as I am to your friend's death, that has very little to do with my situation. The fact that someone has died doesn't strengthen the argument against going to work when feeling totally well and healthy, whilst using discretion, based on how I feel.

EDIT - as for 'not trusting' COVID I'm unsure what you'tr trying to say. My sister has long COVID symptoms and is struggling. Then again, she unfortunately seems susceptible to illness as seen in the past. I accept the dangers. I accept them when I go to work, or when I kiss strangers. But to think I'll stay indoors when my body is telling me nothing is wrong? No an effing chance pal. I'd rather catch it than live in perpetual angst and fear.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 12:24]
Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:11 - Sep 12 with 1145 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 06:53 - Sep 12 by KeithHaynes

Name calling and swearing not tolerated mate, Debate is, plus differing viewpoints.

Keith, you have to be jesting surely?
The swearing maybe, but "name calling"?
Where have you been when prof, lisa and scotia have called people derogatory names practically every day they post?
Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:55 - Sep 12 with 1111 viewsDJack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 08:59 - Sep 12 by RonaldStump

I prefer Kung Flu ...thats a much better name

Well it would have been except that Covid 19 is NOT flu. Therefore the name you prefer is much like what you post...wrong/disinformation.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:18 - Sep 12 with 1088 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 14:10 - Sep 11 by controversial_jack

Where's the freedom if you catch it, pass it onto a vulnerable person and they die. No different to drink driving.

That’s the second time I’ve read posters use the drink driving comparison. It’s about as mental as anything I’ve heard .

Just for common sense’s sake - if you are vaccinated twice you are the more likely to pass covid on. Simply because you won’t feel the symptoms or will be asymptomatic for longer than someone without the vaccine. Therefore your exposure time amongst the rest of the population will be longer resulting in more chance of passing it on.

The vaccine doesn’t mean you can’t get covid, it just means that if you do you’re less likely to die. And it certainly doesn’t mean you won’t pass it on to a far more vulnerable person.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Over 100 people in the ground today (n/t) on 16:53 - Sep 12 with 1055 viewsonehunglow

Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:07 - Sep 12 by Glossolalia

You would vehemently disagree with using freedom of choice? And do you agree with the ridiculous rules that have resulted in my situation? I said I'd isolate if I was feeling unwell. As it is, I'm working today to cover sickness. We are key workers, and people would lose out if I didn't work today or the next week. And by the way, I know the individual in question, and at no point was I close to him for an extended period of time.

As sympathetic as I am to your friend's death, that has very little to do with my situation. The fact that someone has died doesn't strengthen the argument against going to work when feeling totally well and healthy, whilst using discretion, based on how I feel.

EDIT - as for 'not trusting' COVID I'm unsure what you'tr trying to say. My sister has long COVID symptoms and is struggling. Then again, she unfortunately seems susceptible to illness as seen in the past. I accept the dangers. I accept them when I go to work, or when I kiss strangers. But to think I'll stay indoors when my body is telling me nothing is wrong? No an effing chance pal. I'd rather catch it than live in perpetual angst and fear.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 12:24]

Too damned right I do.
I wouldnt eant anyone to lose a son ,daughter,motgher,father because someone is either selfish,stupid or simply a conspiracy person.
This is potential death we are talking about and somebody losing their life because someone's "freedom" is impugned by not having a simple vaccination sits uneasily with me.

Do you believe babies should be given vaccinations against diseases that have and do kill?

Measles was and is a killer ;it's why we jab for it.

Freedom means people can live
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 16:57]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Over 100 people in the ground today on 18:58 - Sep 12 with 1013 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:18 - Sep 12 by Brynmill_Jack

That’s the second time I’ve read posters use the drink driving comparison. It’s about as mental as anything I’ve heard .

Just for common sense’s sake - if you are vaccinated twice you are the more likely to pass covid on. Simply because you won’t feel the symptoms or will be asymptomatic for longer than someone without the vaccine. Therefore your exposure time amongst the rest of the population will be longer resulting in more chance of passing it on.

The vaccine doesn’t mean you can’t get covid, it just means that if you do you’re less likely to die. And it certainly doesn’t mean you won’t pass it on to a far more vulnerable person.

"The vaccine doesn’t mean you can’t get covid, it just means that if you do you’re less likely to die."
Based on the latest Government data for the Delta variant it is not actually that good, based on the number of cases for each group if a double vaxxed person gets COVID they have a 9585 per million chance of dying, an unvaxxed person a 2439 per million chance of dying, but a single vaxxed person 1304 per million chance.
The value of the Vaccine is in you not getting COVID in the first place.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:12 - Sep 12 with 1000 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 18:58 - Sep 12 by A_Fans_Dad

"The vaccine doesn’t mean you can’t get covid, it just means that if you do you’re less likely to die."
Based on the latest Government data for the Delta variant it is not actually that good, based on the number of cases for each group if a double vaxxed person gets COVID they have a 9585 per million chance of dying, an unvaxxed person a 2439 per million chance of dying, but a single vaxxed person 1304 per million chance.

I think in a years time we will have comprehensive data to look back on. But I’d wager there will be at least another two variants by then.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:38 - Sep 12 with 985 viewsProfessor

Based on cherry picking data for the lowest risk groups. I am well aware of the current PHE data and what you have presented is a complete misrepresentation. Let’s take a middle aged group- the one I sit in 50-59. The mortality in this age range is 1 in 500 unvaccinated and around 1 in 4500 vaccinated. At the extreme risk of over 80s it’s still 1 in 9 for unvaccinated and 1 in 45 vaccinated. Hospitalisation data a similar pattern. So either you don’t understand epidemiological data or you are misrepresenting it. Either way it shows your posts are unreliable. End of
Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:40 - Sep 12 with 980 viewsJack123

Interesting data, strange though why the odds of dying for a single vaxed person is higher than someone unvaxxed.

libera nos a malo

Over 100 people in the ground today (n/t) on 19:47 - Sep 12 with 969 viewsGlossolalia

Over 100 people in the ground today (n/t) on 16:53 - Sep 12 by onehunglow

Too damned right I do.
I wouldnt eant anyone to lose a son ,daughter,motgher,father because someone is either selfish,stupid or simply a conspiracy person.
This is potential death we are talking about and somebody losing their life because someone's "freedom" is impugned by not having a simple vaccination sits uneasily with me.

Do you believe babies should be given vaccinations against diseases that have and do kill?

Measles was and is a killer ;it's why we jab for it.

Freedom means people can live
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 16:57]

I genuinely give up. Any disease, however mild with one person, can be passed on to someone it could kill. There is nothing selfish about that. It's a fact of human co-existence. Everyone vulnerable or old has had the jab. Given that this won't change, when exactly to we get our freedom to choose? When can we make a conscious, empirical decision OHL? Even if I tested negative I would still have to isolate! Am I still selfish and stupid for wanting to work if I am negative?

And what if the government u-turned and announced that unless you had symptoms, you need not isolate? Would I then suddenly be sensible for working when I was perceptibly well? I don't need logic to percolate down to me; this is patently absurd. Even more so when double-jabbed people can live with positive cases and still go to work.

This isn't an issue of jabs anymore. The roll out is practically complete where the old and vulnerable are concerned. I'm for inoculation when the pros outweigh the cons. This is now an issue of giving people the power to decide for themselves. I've paid the price for waiting for the vaccine, financially, mentally etc. As have we all. But now, if I inadvertently infected someone down the line who had been double-jabbed, how on Earth can a) that be avoided and b) anything more be feasibly done to protect that person? I wouldn't castigate myself it the person I infected died, because that's life. Sometimes people die. That's actual freedom.

[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 19:49]
Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:49 - Sep 12 with 963 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:40 - Sep 12 by Jack123

Interesting data, strange though why the odds of dying for a single vaxed person is higher than someone unvaxxed.

It is the other way around, most single vaxxed are young.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 19:50]
Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:54 - Sep 12 with 960 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:38 - Sep 12 by Professor

Based on cherry picking data for the lowest risk groups. I am well aware of the current PHE data and what you have presented is a complete misrepresentation. Let’s take a middle aged group- the one I sit in 50-59. The mortality in this age range is 1 in 500 unvaccinated and around 1 in 4500 vaccinated. At the extreme risk of over 80s it’s still 1 in 9 for unvaccinated and 1 in 45 vaccinated. Hospitalisation data a similar pattern. So either you don’t understand epidemiological data or you are misrepresenting it. Either way it shows your posts are unreliable. End of

You know full well that they are the overall numbers.

I have already shown in past posts that for the over 50s it is safer to be double vaccinated.
I am not going to repeat the whole thing again.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:57 - Sep 12 with 961 viewsProfessor

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:54 - Sep 12 by A_Fans_Dad

You know full well that they are the overall numbers.

I have already shown in past posts that for the over 50s it is safer to be double vaccinated.
I am not going to repeat the whole thing again.

So finally an admission vaccination works.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:04 - Sep 12 with 957 viewsJack123

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:49 - Sep 12 by A_Fans_Dad

It is the other way around, most single vaxxed are young.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 19:50]

Sorry, I don't understand, could you clarify? The other way around?

libera nos a malo

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:05 - Sep 12 with 950 views73__73

Over 16,000 inside the stadium and not a mask in sight👏. Hallelujah

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:07 - Sep 12 with 944 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:57 - Sep 12 by Professor

So finally an admission vaccination works.

You have obviously forgotten my past posts.
Are you suffering with memory issues?
Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:11 - Sep 12 with 935 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:04 - Sep 12 by Jack123

Sorry, I don't understand, could you clarify? The other way around?

You said "Interesting data, strange though why the odds of dying for a single vaxed person is higher than someone unvaxxed. "
The numbers are unvaxxed is 2439/m and single vaxxed is 1304./m
Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:17 - Sep 12 with 932 viewsJack123

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:11 - Sep 12 by A_Fans_Dad

You said "Interesting data, strange though why the odds of dying for a single vaxed person is higher than someone unvaxxed. "
The numbers are unvaxxed is 2439/m and single vaxxed is 1304./m

I may be reading it wrong, but surely those figures point to the single jabbed at higher risk than the unjabbed?, if chance of dying is 2349 for unvaxxed and 1304 for single jab, the single jab per million are less.

Edit: Ignore I get it now.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 20:19]

libera nos a malo

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:23 - Sep 12 with 925 views73__73

Over 100 people in the ground today on 01:53 - Sep 12 by DJack

Whether it did or not it is still SARS-CoV-2 you (and I quote) you bell£nd.

I believe it was first discovered in ChiiiNA

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Over 100 people in the ground today on 21:28 - Sep 12 with 889 viewsDJack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:23 - Sep 12 by 73__73

I believe it was first discovered in ChiiiNA

And Spanish Flu was first discovered in Kansas and was actually a flu...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Over 100 people in the ground today on 21:59 - Sep 12 with 877 viewsWalterBoyd

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:38 - Sep 11 by controversial_jack

i'm a season tkt holder and don't miss a game, but i'm not going today, because hardly anyone in the pub or ground will be wearing a mask.Not a risk I wish to take.

I would say perhaps one person per 300 wore a mask.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024