Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale 17:00 - Sep 17 with 9011 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/55780/match-preview-mansfie

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 21:01 - Sep 17 with 6875 viewsRotherhamDale

I've just listened to Nigel Clough's interview before the game and wow... what an uninspiring bloke.

They seem to have big selection problems with suspensions and injuries so hopefully we take full advantage

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 14:40 - Sep 18 with 6483 viewsjonahwhereru

Who would have thought at the start of the season with a injury free squad Dooley and Done would make the 11, while Grant would not even make the bench.
An interesting call to start Cashman over Odoh, but my take is Cashman’s skills are better used when the game is tighter, while Odoh would be a bigger threat when the game is stretched.
Don’t like it when all the pointers seem to be in our favour. Hoping we just maintain the unbeaten run, but I would take a win.
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 14:40 - Sep 18 with 6490 viewsChaffRAFC

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 14:42 - Sep 18 with 6474 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 14:40 - Sep 18 by ChaffRAFC

Bit surprised Done is preferred to Aidy White but nevermind. Guessing Conor Grant must be injured.

No match report today btw as I've not gone.

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 14:50 - Sep 18 with 6381 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 14:42 - Sep 18 by ChaffRAFC

Bit surprised Done is preferred to Aidy White but nevermind. Guessing Conor Grant must be injured.

No match report today btw as I've not gone.

I'm surprised by that too

Maybe RS is giving those players who've already occupied the role so far this season first dibs, but the left flank looks pretty dodgy defensively

Hope White can get on at some stage and prove his value

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 15:00 - Sep 18 with 6325 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Think O'Keeffe will be a big lose, but opportunity for others to step up...come on Dale.
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 15:31 - Sep 18 with 6105 viewsrkershaw

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 15:00 - Sep 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Think O'Keeffe will be a big lose, but opportunity for others to step up...come on Dale.

Last games as a sub......Grant looked like he was still sruggling physically with the after effects of having Covid......looked painfully thin!!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 15:42]
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:05 - Sep 18 with 5734 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 15:31 - Sep 18 by rkershaw

Last games as a sub......Grant looked like he was still sruggling physically with the after effects of having Covid......looked painfully thin!!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 15:42]

I hadn't noticed thought he'd done alright especially last game didn't he get the assist?

I wondered if it was more about the positions required on the bench. Kelly preferred to Grant is pretty understandable especially away from home. Broadbent also is more defensive than Grant.

Doesn't sound like the most exciting game looking at the stats. Anyone at the game with an update?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 16:07]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:13 - Sep 18 with 5644 viewsYorkshire_Dale

BigJim on for Dorsett......injury?
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:14 - Sep 18 with 5633 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:05 - Sep 18 by boromat

I hadn't noticed thought he'd done alright especially last game didn't he get the assist?

I wondered if it was more about the positions required on the bench. Kelly preferred to Grant is pretty understandable especially away from home. Broadbent also is more defensive than Grant.

Doesn't sound like the most exciting game looking at the stats. Anyone at the game with an update?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 16:07]

Watching on I-Follow

First 15 minutes was decent by both sides with some nice first touch football. We had a good opportunity from a well worked corner & Beasley had a great chance after a good cross by Morley. However the game went downhill after that with some poor quality passing by both teams
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:14 - Sep 18 with 5629 viewsboromat

McNulty on for Dorsett

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:15 - Sep 18 with 5626 viewsSheffdale

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:13 - Sep 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

BigJim on for Dorsett......injury?

He was down injured late in the first half, so presumably a precaution.
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:16 - Sep 18 with 5613 viewsSheffdale

Matty Done to Danny C - 0-1 Dale!
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:16 - Sep 18 with 5593 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:16 - Sep 18 by Sheffdale

Matty Done to Danny C - 0-1 Dale!

Get in!!

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:18 - Sep 18 with 5561 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:15 - Sep 18 by Sheffdale

He was down injured late in the first half, so presumably a precaution.

1-0 Dale. Well done Matty Done. Great interception as they were passing the ball out, drove into the box & pulled it back for Cashman to slot home. Dale had started well from this half kicking off

Dorsett was an odd one. Another player was being treated & he just went down while there was a break in play. May have felt ill rather than an injury although he did see out the rest of the first half
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:21 - Sep 18 with 5501 viewsChaffRAFC

Cashman (aaaaah)
Fighter of the nightman! (aaaah)
Champion of the sun! (aaaah)

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:26 - Sep 18 with 5445 viewsboromat

Odoh for Newby. Stockdale obviously not happy with one nil leads.

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:34 - Sep 18 with 5359 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:26 - Sep 18 by boromat

Saving his starmen for the clash against the Clarets.
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:39 - Sep 18 with 5273 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:26 - Sep 18 by boromat

Less happy with 1-1 . another run to the byline, cut back & slotted home. We had been well on top the second half but if you don't get a second then this is what happens.

All to play

Went from 4th to 8th with that goal !!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 16:43]
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 17:02 - Sep 18 with 4965 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 16:39 - Sep 18 by Nigeriamark

Less happy with 1-1 . another run to the byline, cut back & slotted home. We had been well on top the second half but if you don't get a second then this is what happens.

All to play

Went from 4th to 8th with that goal !!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 16:43]

Finished 1-1. Much better second half by both sides. They missed an sitter in the 90th minute when the striker smacked it directly at our keeper, so pleased with the point.
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 17:03 - Sep 18 with 4959 viewsYorkshire_Dale

1-1 FT.....still on a run which will do nicely....
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 18:32 - Sep 18 with 4415 viewsRobinHoodDale

Just back from the match. Cost me £25 plus a further £19 for my 19-year old youngest plus £3.20 for parking. At half-time, I was wondering why I felt that £23.60 had been a complete waste. It was very stop-start with lots of injuries, feigned and genuine. O'Connell played with a cotton bud in each nostril after being clattered in the 2nd minute defending a rare set-piece from Mansfield.

Beesley should have scored from Morley's superb low, floated cross but I don't think he was expecting it to reach him as it beat the defender and sailed on by.

Second half was a different story for both teams. We had a free kick in the 1st minute and then 3 (poss 4 ?) successive corners in the first 5 min.

Not surprising that we scored a beauty following Done's fast break down the left and with a chance to shoot himself, Done made a quick unselfish pullback for Cashman to rifle home low as he ran in.

Intense pressure from the Dale fell away as a series of stoppages broke momentum. At least 10 minutes stoppage time overall. Their equalizer came from a perceived offside call followed by lack of concentration from Dale midfield and defence.

Two points thrown in my view but a better value entertainment for the second lot of £23.60.

Still happy with the unbeaten run.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 18:34]
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 19:56 - Sep 18 with 4125 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 18:32 - Sep 18 by RobinHoodDale

Just back from the match. Cost me £25 plus a further £19 for my 19-year old youngest plus £3.20 for parking. At half-time, I was wondering why I felt that £23.60 had been a complete waste. It was very stop-start with lots of injuries, feigned and genuine. O'Connell played with a cotton bud in each nostril after being clattered in the 2nd minute defending a rare set-piece from Mansfield.

Beesley should have scored from Morley's superb low, floated cross but I don't think he was expecting it to reach him as it beat the defender and sailed on by.

Second half was a different story for both teams. We had a free kick in the 1st minute and then 3 (poss 4 ?) successive corners in the first 5 min.

Not surprising that we scored a beauty following Done's fast break down the left and with a chance to shoot himself, Done made a quick unselfish pullback for Cashman to rifle home low as he ran in.

Intense pressure from the Dale fell away as a series of stoppages broke momentum. At least 10 minutes stoppage time overall. Their equalizer came from a perceived offside call followed by lack of concentration from Dale midfield and defence.

Two points thrown in my view but a better value entertainment for the second lot of £23.60.

Still happy with the unbeaten run.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 18:34]

Robbie Stockdale speaks along similar lines as you Hoody.......thinks we should really have all three points. Stoppages also mentioned alongside a very narrow pitch.

Ps Bad luck to fans that missed out stuck on M1.......hardest!
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 20:44 - Sep 18 with 3925 viewsRobinHoodDale

Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 19:56 - Sep 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Robbie Stockdale speaks along similar lines as you Hoody.......thinks we should really have all three points. Stoppages also mentioned alongside a very narrow pitch.

Ps Bad luck to fans that missed out stuck on M1.......hardest!

Funny that Robbie S mentions the pitch size, Yorkshire. My lad was saying exactly the same about both length and breadth, particularly as we oft watched a switched-wing pass run out and quite a bit of bunching of players on the sides.

However, I mentioned that Mansfield's ground is the oldest professional ground in the Football League, dating from 1861 (recognised) and possibly earlier.

Prior to pitch size minima and maxima being introduced, it's possible that the ground area was what was available at the time of construction. At 114 yd x 70 yd, it is on the shorter side in both dimensions.

Also, a great shame to hear about the M1 trouble. Southbound near to the Mansfield exit it's still reported as being like a car park even now.
Match Thread: Mansfield vs Dale on 22:04 - Sep 18 with 3646 viewspioneer

peterboro, gilingham, northampton, exeter, tranmere and wycombe all have pitch widths the same as Mansfield so not something we dont come across frequently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024