Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colston Statue vandals innocent 18:40 - Jan 5 with 17178 viewsFlashberryjack

Colston vandals are CLEARED: Gleeful BLM activists thank Banksy for his support after they are acquitted of criminal damage over toppling of Edward Colston statue - sparking outrage that jury has given a 'greenlight to political vandalism.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:10 - Jan 13 with 649 viewsGwyn737

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:08 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

Of course it won't, but it will let them know that if they vandalise other monuments they happen to find offensive, there will be consequences, whether that be financial or custodial.

Which would prove that the one off verdict didn’t have the impact suggested.

We’re all guessing so time will tell.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:10 - Jan 13 with 646 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:04 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

I think the M6 toll is a ripoff. If someone didn’t pay, got charged and got off I’d be pleased.

Does that mean I’m against all forms of taxation?

Well that would suggest that any similar road taxation you think is a rip off, you would be wanting the person to get off with out paying. Right?

Which suggests any similar crime to the Colston one is also going to be the same for people that are glad these lot got off.

Which brings me back to the point regarding the pyramids and the colloseum, if the argument behind the support for the Colston destruction was that the monument had links to slavery - then why wouldn’t there be support from those same people for other monuments for the exact same reason?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:11 - Jan 13 with 643 viewsGwyn737

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:06 - Jan 13 by Dr_Parnassus

The slippery slope is the political ideology that sparked such criminality at the Colston statue.

It’s then exacerbated when jurors find them innocent because they are sympathetic with their cause. Not just jurors of course, political figures and parts of vocal society allowing such acts and treating it as acceptable.

Same when Kamala Harris was egging on the riots and telling people to donate to a bail fund to get them out of jail.

This is all a slippery slope of which innocent verdicts for perpetrators is very much a part of.

Again don’t see how any logical person can argue otherwise.

It’s perfectly ok to say that the jury applied the law AND that burning stuff down in the US is wrong.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:13 - Jan 13 with 640 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:10 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

Which would prove that the one off verdict didn’t have the impact suggested.

We’re all guessing so time will tell.

What do you mean “didn’t have the impact”?

The impact is to society. Nobody was suggesting there would be criminality overnight. But it only adds to the feeling that leftist ideals are tolerated and even championed, even if it means breaking the laws.

This is a feeling that has been building for the last 2-3 years and verdicts such as this will only exacerbate this, without question.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:13 - Jan 13 with 639 viewsItchySphincter

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:56 - Jan 13 by Dr_Parnassus

You aren’t misunderstood at all.

So you are having a go at people for wanting law and order in society? And you seem to be suggesting that your stance of knowing people committed a crime but being glad they got off with it to be the better opinion?

So Itch, if you were in the jury I can only assume you would find them not guilty despite being sure they did it? And that is because you didn’t like the statue either?

When I say slippery slope Gwyn, this is exactly what I mean.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 20:58]

If you think I am politically affiliated you have massively misunderstood, which you have, because I’m not. I’m also not having a pop at anyone either. One day you will learn not to take offence to any one with an alternative position. It will come on the end.

Anyway, if I’d known you’d all get soo excited about it I would have kept my mouth shut, cos I don’t really care, I was just wondering why you care?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:14 - Jan 13 with 639 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:11 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

It’s perfectly ok to say that the jury applied the law AND that burning stuff down in the US is wrong.

I’m not with you on this one?

Explain.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:15 - Jan 13 with 637 viewsGwyn737

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:10 - Jan 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Well that would suggest that any similar road taxation you think is a rip off, you would be wanting the person to get off with out paying. Right?

Which suggests any similar crime to the Colston one is also going to be the same for people that are glad these lot got off.

Which brings me back to the point regarding the pyramids and the colloseum, if the argument behind the support for the Colston destruction was that the monument had links to slavery - then why wouldn’t there be support from those same people for other monuments for the exact same reason?

Is tearing down a statue in Bristol the same as tearing down one of the wonders of the world?

Edit: similar
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 21:15]
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:15 - Jan 13 with 633 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:13 - Jan 13 by ItchySphincter

If you think I am politically affiliated you have massively misunderstood, which you have, because I’m not. I’m also not having a pop at anyone either. One day you will learn not to take offence to any one with an alternative position. It will come on the end.

Anyway, if I’d known you’d all get soo excited about it I would have kept my mouth shut, cos I don’t really care, I was just wondering why you care?

You are politically affiliated with those you wish to impress. Your motivations aren’t political, they are social.

I thought I made that clear?

Like when you cause trouble for the site owner over here by covertly calling people racists then running away when asked for specifics. That kind of thing.

Login to get fewer ads

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:18 - Jan 13 with 625 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:15 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

Is tearing down a statue in Bristol the same as tearing down one of the wonders of the world?

Edit: similar
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 21:15]

Go with a 400 year old church then if you wish. Built with the help of slaves, or for a person that owned slaves.

Or an old Roman chariot discovered and displayed somewhere.

Or some incredible art, that now the artist has hundreds of years old links to the slave trade.

I would suggest if you have an opinion that something is okay to be destroyed due to its links to slavery… how cool something looks really shouldn’t be trumping that philosophical thought process.

Then you enter a whole new realm of what is and isn’t okay to be destroyed because of its links to slavery and why?

What is off limits? And what is the reason you feel the links to slavery don’t matter anymore in those instances.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 21:22]

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:22 - Jan 13 with 619 viewsGwyn737

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:18 - Jan 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Go with a 400 year old church then if you wish. Built with the help of slaves, or for a person that owned slaves.

Or an old Roman chariot discovered and displayed somewhere.

Or some incredible art, that now the artist has hundreds of years old links to the slave trade.

I would suggest if you have an opinion that something is okay to be destroyed due to its links to slavery… how cool something looks really shouldn’t be trumping that philosophical thought process.

Then you enter a whole new realm of what is and isn’t okay to be destroyed because of its links to slavery and why?

What is off limits? And what is the reason you feel the links to slavery don’t matter anymore in those instances.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 21:22]

The Great Pyramid of Giza (which you mentioned in the same post) is.

For the 6th (I think) time, I’ve never said that destruction of statues is ok. My point is that its not a natural progression from one court case to the extreme.

Blimey, I’m boring myself now.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:26 - Jan 13 with 605 viewsGwyn737

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:14 - Jan 13 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not with you on this one?

Explain.

You can say the conviction in Bristol is sound (even if you disagree) without condoning other acts of destruction.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:28 - Jan 13 with 604 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:22 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

For the 6th (I think) time, I’ve never said that destruction of statues is ok. My point is that its not a natural progression from one court case to the extreme.

Right well if you can’t bring yourself to support the destroying of things linked to slaves if it is a wonder of the world, then how about some of my other examples?

A Roman Chariot discovered and displayed? A 500 year old stone church built for someone who owned a slave?

Are these ok to be destroyed? If not, why not? (Again that is the most important part of the question to answer).

Again you are missing the point. Nobody is suggesting that this court case will lead to the demolishing of all historical artefacts… the point is that the notion that allowed these people to get off will also come into play IF any of these things get destroyed, it’s a slippery slope.

We have a sculpture from the 1930’s damaged this week. If the perpetrator made the same arguments then why shouldn’t he get off with it? Etc etc etc etc etc etc

This is sparked by a political wave that has swept over from the States, the same one which has players on their knees before every game despite them saying it has nothing to do with it.

It is this wave that has caused the damage in the first place and also emplaned such ideas in peoples heads where the jury found such criminality to be acceptable.

That is the slippery slope and it’s already in front of your eyes.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:29 - Jan 13 with 598 viewsFlashberryjack

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:22 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

Do you think they were right to vandalise the statue in Bristol, yes or no ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:30 - Jan 13 with 598 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:26 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

You can say the conviction in Bristol is sound (even if you disagree) without condoning other acts of destruction.

You can’t. How?

If your reasoning behind excusing criminal destruction is because the object is linked to slavery, then that really needs to be consistent.

Otherwise I’d question the veracity of the excuse in the initial crime.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:31 - Jan 13 with 584 viewsGwyn737

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:28 - Jan 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Right well if you can’t bring yourself to support the destroying of things linked to slaves if it is a wonder of the world, then how about some of my other examples?

A Roman Chariot discovered and displayed? A 500 year old stone church built for someone who owned a slave?

Are these ok to be destroyed? If not, why not? (Again that is the most important part of the question to answer).

Again you are missing the point. Nobody is suggesting that this court case will lead to the demolishing of all historical artefacts… the point is that the notion that allowed these people to get off will also come into play IF any of these things get destroyed, it’s a slippery slope.

We have a sculpture from the 1930’s damaged this week. If the perpetrator made the same arguments then why shouldn’t he get off with it? Etc etc etc etc etc etc

This is sparked by a political wave that has swept over from the States, the same one which has players on their knees before every game despite them saying it has nothing to do with it.

It is this wave that has caused the damage in the first place and also emplaned such ideas in peoples heads where the jury found such criminality to be acceptable.

That is the slippery slope and it’s already in front of your eyes.

Same arguments from me. No need to regurgitate.

It’s been a week or so since the verdict. What’s empirically different?

Certainly not the Gill statue that some on here tried to link to the verdict. That’s a completely different issue.

What’s changed?
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:38 - Jan 13 with 579 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:31 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

Same arguments from me. No need to regurgitate.

It’s been a week or so since the verdict. What’s empirically different?

Certainly not the Gill statue that some on here tried to link to the verdict. That’s a completely different issue.

What’s changed?

But it isn’t the same argument.

Your argument was that it’s not ok to destroy a wonder of the world for its links to slavery, so I changed it to a 500 year old stone church and a Roman chariot discovery.

Why isn’t it ok to destroy them due to their links to slavery when it’s ok to destroy other things? What’s the criteria where links to slavery is then ok? Is it if it looks cool?

Changed? I wouldn’t say anything has changed, has anyone said things have? What has been said is this verdict is becoming a part of a slippery slope that you are seeing before your very eyes, one that has been happening for a few years now of leftist ideals and criminality being excused and encouraged.

One of the people let off for the Colston crime was on TV suggesting people follow in their footsteps and destroy anything with slavery links. It is allowing a platform for people to preach this criminality and this absolute madness of political ideology.

That’s the slippery slope and it absolutely is part of that, it may be a large one in the U.K.

Similar to Democrat support for the riots. It was seen as a green light, with police told to not apprehend them. They become above the law for political gain.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:42 - Jan 13 with 563 viewsGwyn737

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:29 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

Do you think they were right to vandalise the statue in Bristol, yes or no ?

No.I don’t.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:43 - Jan 13 with 558 viewsGwyn737

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:30 - Jan 13 by Dr_Parnassus

You can’t. How?

If your reasoning behind excusing criminal destruction is because the object is linked to slavery, then that really needs to be consistent.

Otherwise I’d question the veracity of the excuse in the initial crime.

Because no reason to believe the jury were politically motivated.

The law may be ‘wrong’, it may need modifying. I’m not blaming the jury though.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:44 - Jan 13 with 557 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:42 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

No.I don’t.

Are you glad they got away with it like others are though?

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:45 - Jan 13 with 553 viewsGwyn737

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:38 - Jan 13 by Dr_Parnassus

But it isn’t the same argument.

Your argument was that it’s not ok to destroy a wonder of the world for its links to slavery, so I changed it to a 500 year old stone church and a Roman chariot discovery.

Why isn’t it ok to destroy them due to their links to slavery when it’s ok to destroy other things? What’s the criteria where links to slavery is then ok? Is it if it looks cool?

Changed? I wouldn’t say anything has changed, has anyone said things have? What has been said is this verdict is becoming a part of a slippery slope that you are seeing before your very eyes, one that has been happening for a few years now of leftist ideals and criminality being excused and encouraged.

One of the people let off for the Colston crime was on TV suggesting people follow in their footsteps and destroy anything with slavery links. It is allowing a platform for people to preach this criminality and this absolute madness of political ideology.

That’s the slippery slope and it absolutely is part of that, it may be a large one in the U.K.

Similar to Democrat support for the riots. It was seen as a green light, with police told to not apprehend them. They become above the law for political gain.

When the case gets to court after the criminals are convicted of tearing down the Great Pyramid of Giza I’ll agree with you.

Until then that’s me done.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:47 - Jan 13 with 541 viewsGwyn737

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:44 - Jan 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Are you glad they got away with it like others are though?

No. I think they should have been made accountable.

This is not divergent from not thinking it’ll lead to a massive behavioural change or impact on future judgements.

It’s also not divergent from thinking the jury were right based on what they heard. The fact I don’t agree is neither here nor there.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:49 - Jan 13 with 537 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:45 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

When the case gets to court after the criminals are convicted of tearing down the Great Pyramid of Giza I’ll agree with you.

Until then that’s me done.

Why do you only have to agree with me when it happens?

My views are theoretical, that’s why I was happy to interchange them to a Roman Chariot or a 500 year old church.

You seem to have found solace in the “pyramids and Colosseum” example so I was happy to change.

Except that poses a harder question then doesn’t it, of why it isn’t acceptable to destroy those symbols of slavery too.

You see, this ideology is based on complete nonsense and mass hypocrisy. It’s simply not possible to hold such an opinion and be consistent with it.

Yet ask me any of my views and you can extrapolate that out to anything you like and it will remain solid and consistent because it’s based on complete common sense and not ideological whims.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:49 - Jan 13 with 536 viewsSirjohnalot

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:06 - Jan 13 by Dr_Parnassus

The slippery slope is the political ideology that sparked such criminality at the Colston statue.

It’s then exacerbated when jurors find them innocent because they are sympathetic with their cause. Not just jurors of course, political figures and parts of vocal society allowing such acts and treating it as acceptable.

Same when Kamala Harris was egging on the riots and telling people to donate to a bail fund to get them out of jail.

This is all a slippery slope of which innocent verdicts for perpetrators is very much a part of.

Again don’t see how any logical person can argue otherwise.

For what seems like the 100th time, we have no idea why the jury acquitted. None at all. Certainly no evidence they acquitted due to sympathy with politics.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:52 - Jan 13 with 531 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:47 - Jan 13 by Gwyn737

No. I think they should have been made accountable.

This is not divergent from not thinking it’ll lead to a massive behavioural change or impact on future judgements.

It’s also not divergent from thinking the jury were right based on what they heard. The fact I don’t agree is neither here nor there.

What do you mean lead to? It already has.

The lack of accountability for rioters in the states led the pretext to continue that in the U.K.

Do you think without the BLM riots in America there would be a Colston statue case? Absolutely not of course, he would still be standing there today.

Every action has a consequence and the fact these people who are clearly guilty have been found innocent will continue to be part of the trend where this behaviour is supported and encouraged.

I find it incredible that anyone can think otherwise.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:54 - Jan 13 with 518 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:49 - Jan 13 by Sirjohnalot

For what seems like the 100th time, we have no idea why the jury acquitted. None at all. Certainly no evidence they acquitted due to sympathy with politics.

You can say it 1000 times if you like but it makes no difference.

The arguments made against the convicting of them were absolutely sympathy based. They admitted taking the rope, admitted tying it on and admitted being part of the mob that did it.

The arguments were that the statue stood for something they disagreed with (even though it didn’t, it was there for philanthropy) and that it was not criminal damage because they argued that their damage increased in value.

I tried to bring this up with you before but you left abruptly citing a link… even though your link said just that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024