Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield game 18:50 - Feb 20 with 1804 viewsmanseltonsa5

Did something at yesterday's match that I vowed I would never do in my lifetime,and that was to walk out before half time and go to pub in Sheffield till match was over.There was only so much a 52 year old man can take
Sheffield game on 19:04 - Feb 20 with 1762 viewsjack_lord

Did anyone go with you?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Sheffield game on 19:07 - Feb 20 with 1759 viewsmanseltonsa5

Yes
Sheffield game on 20:21 - Feb 20 with 1646 viewssw02sea

Join the club.
I’ve avoided self inflicted torture on myself, by missing the last 3 home games.
This is Something I’ve never done in all the years I’ve been a season ticket holder. (plus non season ticket holder )
And for the record, I’ve already paid for next season’s one.
Admittedly, gutted to miss the 2nd half of the Bristol game, but watching us gift the opposition with the ball, by making the same mistakes time after time, with this kamikaze passing out from the back/keeper, has convinced me Russell Martin is a stubborn, one trick pony who can’t, won’t adapt his limited coaching skills, to the situation we now find ourselves in.
After watching our players yesterday, they looked terrified to trust themselves, and were like robots programmed to carry out one task, nothing else.
He’s “Lost the dressing room” springs to mind
Sheffield game on 20:42 - Feb 20 with 1612 viewsQJumpingJack

If Martin had lost the changing room we would not have beaten/bounced back against Bristol City last weekend.
Sheffield game on 20:56 - Feb 20 with 1585 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sheffield game on 20:42 - Feb 20 by QJumpingJack

If Martin had lost the changing room we would not have beaten/bounced back against Bristol City last weekend.

Sorry, that doesn't compute.
Just because they bounced back at a home game in front of 12000 fans doesn't mean they weren't put off by something about the away game.
It could be the team set-up for an away game, the tactics they were told to use. The lack of change by the manager when it was obvious after 10 minutes they were being overrun.
There could be many reasons for them not being happy.
Sheffield game on 20:59 - Feb 20 with 1579 viewsbuilthjack

Sheffield game on 20:56 - Feb 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Just because they bounced back at a home game in front of 12000 fans doesn't mean they weren't put off by something about the away game.
It could be the team set-up for an away game, the tactics they were told to use. The lack of change by the manager when it was obvious after 10 minutes they were being overrun.

12,000. You were not at the game then.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sheffield game on 21:47 - Feb 20 with 1525 viewsCatullus

Sheffield game on 20:56 - Feb 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Actually, it doesn't compute that he could lose the dressing room so quickly in any event. If he has lost it, it's been coming for weeks and the bounce back against Bristol is irrelevant.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sheffield game on 22:09 - Feb 20 with 1506 viewsraynor94

Sheffield game on 20:59 - Feb 20 by builthjack

12,000. You were not at the game then.

He's just a wind up merchant, who never goes to a game

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield game on 22:30 - Feb 20 with 1469 viewsSwaneeRiver

Sheffield game on 22:09 - Feb 20 by raynor94

Would be nice to know what the true attendance was though?
Over 19k was the announced attendance.
Seemed to be a lot of empty seats.
Are they including all ST holders, even those not in attendance?
Sheffield game on 22:45 - Feb 20 with 1447 viewsjack_lord

Sheffield game on 19:07 - Feb 20 by manseltonsa5

Yes

well done for making the trip glad you had company in the pub. Its not the players fault it is the system. It needs to change

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Sheffield game on 22:48 - Feb 20 with 1441 viewsbuilthjack

Sheffield game on 19:07 - Feb 20 by manseltonsa5

Yes

What was the beer like?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sheffield game on 22:50 - Feb 20 with 1439 viewsDr_Parnassus

But we were told that those in attendance are happy?

But to the OP at least you avoided the chorus of boos and chants of “we’re fckin sh*t”.

Last time they were sang at a Swansea game was in League 2 when we really were! The fact it’s being trotted out in the the championship when the club has just spent the best part of £6m on players tells its own story.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sheffield game on 23:04 - Feb 20 with 1424 viewsTreforys_Jack

Sheffield game on 22:50 - Feb 20 by Dr_Parnassus

But we were told that those in attendance are happy?

But to the OP at least you avoided the chorus of boos and chants of “we’re fckin sh*t”.

Last time they were sang at a Swansea game was in League 2 when we really were! The fact it’s being trotted out in the the championship when the club has just spent the best part of £6m on players tells its own story.

We sung it loads of times during our last 2 season in the PL.
Sheffield game on 23:14 - Feb 20 with 1402 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sheffield game on 23:04 - Feb 20 by Treforys_Jack

We sung it loads of times during our last 2 season in the PL.

Maybe. I didn’t hear it and I went to a fair few then and some horrendous performances - was at the dreaded Tottenham 5-0 away one under Bob Bradley for example.

It was more anger than apathy. When apathy seeps into the fan base then that is when you are in trouble I think. Apathy now seems to be here.

People talking about “at least we probably won’t go down” while ironically cheering a shot on target.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sheffield game on 00:53 - Feb 21 with 1367 viewsmanseltonsa5

Sheffield game on 22:45 - Feb 20 by jack_lord

well done for making the trip glad you had company in the pub. Its not the players fault it is the system. It needs to change

There was a fair few of us
Sheffield game on 07:58 - Feb 21 with 1283 viewsSwaneeRiver

Sheffield game on 00:53 - Feb 21 by manseltonsa5

There was a fair few of us

Were you on the"bus of 3" to Hull by any chance ?
Sheffield game on 09:03 - Feb 21 with 1261 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield game on 22:09 - Feb 20 by raynor94

If only we got rid of the scum that don’t put go to games then this site would be clean.
Innit.

Meanwhile,our club is sinking

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sheffield game on 10:47 - Feb 21 with 1222 viewspencoedjack

Its great when you travel 100's of miles & bugger off to the pub as your team are so crap, I have done it many times.

Probably in the minority but the football is just an excuse for a great away day with boys.

The Bridgend bus was lively on the weekend I hear, unfortunately due to personal reasons had to give this one a miss.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024