Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positive post for balance - Stewarding. 13:56 - Sep 16 with 8499 viewsDale_4_Life

No need to contact the club for this one.....

Previously I witnessed a disgraceful incident with a steward being over zealous with a little girls rucksack (3 years old if that) demanding she empty her toys so he could search for contraband.

On Tuesday there was a step change for the better and whilst probably less people in attendance the stewards were engaging and polite and not high and mighty just to tick boxes / following poorly thought out instructions. If this is the new stewarding approach then it is to be applauded.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 16:14]
Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 21:09 - Sep 20 with 1679 viewsStatzdale

Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 20:17 - Sep 20 by standale

isn’t there a conflict here though, if i’m a Dale fan i go to watch the game, if i’m stewarding and doing my job properly, i surely wouldn’t be able to watch the game, doesn’t seem to sit right with me.

No conflict as far I was concerned, a steward first and a Dale fan second. The safety, comfort and wellbeing of the customers and my staff was my only concern. My Dale head was left at home on match days where I was working
Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 21:12 - Sep 20 with 1658 viewsStatzdale

Absolutely, let’s hope things will carry on like this in future games. Why make waves when it’s not necessary. Must have been a good bunch working tonight.
Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 00:26 - Sep 21 with 1458 viewsSandyman

Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 21:09 - Sep 20 by Statzdale

No conflict as far I was concerned, a steward first and a Dale fan second. The safety, comfort and wellbeing of the customers and my staff was my only concern. My Dale head was left at home on match days where I was working

I've a pretty good idea who StatzDale is. He and his crew established a superb relationship with fans on the Sandy for several years which led to self-policing on the very rare occasion something went awry.
Losing the stewards job and Goldbond around the same time stinks of the incompetence, foolishness and selfishness of Roger. I bet the timeline fits. Do not blame the current board of directors or RAFC in general for that - blame Roger.
These Taurus stewards cause more trouble with home fans than actually exists. Ask Oldham fans. They've had no end of bother with Taurus stewards.
Went in the Main Stand for a change last night. Queued up at the turnstile, ticket in hand. Some were searched. Some not. This Taurus woman barks out "search him" at me. I get three light touches from a male Taurus steward that wouldn't find my phone, keys or hat. A pointless, surly command and a pointless action.
For the second game running, they failed to find the pyro in The Sandy. Good aren't they?
Their attitude at a game with 900 home fans and trouble free (pyro apart) when we got the penalty was laughable. Everything they could do to stop kids in the Main Stand from standing at the perimeter wall before the penalty was taken and a wall of stewards on The Sandy stood behind the goal blocking the view of those who wanted to be nearer. Stopping people from watching football at an exciting moment, which is why we go. Why do this? They come across as not very bright with zero customer service skills and less common sense.

They do know how to protect the precious yellow lines of the club. Lines and lines and lines and lines and lines. (One for League Of Gentlemen fans).
Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 00:40 - Sep 21 with 1446 viewskel

Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 00:26 - Sep 21 by Sandyman

I've a pretty good idea who StatzDale is. He and his crew established a superb relationship with fans on the Sandy for several years which led to self-policing on the very rare occasion something went awry.
Losing the stewards job and Goldbond around the same time stinks of the incompetence, foolishness and selfishness of Roger. I bet the timeline fits. Do not blame the current board of directors or RAFC in general for that - blame Roger.
These Taurus stewards cause more trouble with home fans than actually exists. Ask Oldham fans. They've had no end of bother with Taurus stewards.
Went in the Main Stand for a change last night. Queued up at the turnstile, ticket in hand. Some were searched. Some not. This Taurus woman barks out "search him" at me. I get three light touches from a male Taurus steward that wouldn't find my phone, keys or hat. A pointless, surly command and a pointless action.
For the second game running, they failed to find the pyro in The Sandy. Good aren't they?
Their attitude at a game with 900 home fans and trouble free (pyro apart) when we got the penalty was laughable. Everything they could do to stop kids in the Main Stand from standing at the perimeter wall before the penalty was taken and a wall of stewards on The Sandy stood behind the goal blocking the view of those who wanted to be nearer. Stopping people from watching football at an exciting moment, which is why we go. Why do this? They come across as not very bright with zero customer service skills and less common sense.

They do know how to protect the precious yellow lines of the club. Lines and lines and lines and lines and lines. (One for League Of Gentlemen fans).

Think I know who he is too and is a familiar face to many Dale fans. A damn shame he was treated like that and it’s another in a long line of fook ups by Roger and his awful acolyte.

There were four stewards at the corner of the main stand nearest the Sandy tonight for the whole second half who did the grand total of balls all other than piss about arguing with the their supervisor and having a general laugh at the club’s expense. It must have been the easiest money they’ve made in their life.

Anyway, I’ll stop moaning now or the teeny boppers will get upset.
Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 02:53 - Sep 21 with 1387 viewsSandyman

We did have a steward problem in the Sandy many moons ago due to an ego. One who proposed on the pitch and had a "Hoganwatch" feature on here. One who made a mess of the job.

The Statzdale people sorted that out. Miss them.

Statzdale > Taurus
Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 09:34 - Sep 21 with 1249 viewsStatzdale

Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 02:53 - Sep 21 by Sandyman

We did have a steward problem in the Sandy many moons ago due to an ego. One who proposed on the pitch and had a "Hoganwatch" feature on here. One who made a mess of the job.

The Statzdale people sorted that out. Miss them.

Statzdale > Taurus

Thanks for the good vibes guys, I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the Sandy the fans who were on the stand at that time were absolutely superb and made my job easier. Miss you all.

Pete Hogan ….. a strange character who once accused me of getting him fired , laughable
[Post edited 21 Sep 2022 10:01]
Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 10:33 - Sep 21 with 1183 viewsjudd

Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 09:34 - Sep 21 by Statzdale

Thanks for the good vibes guys, I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the Sandy the fans who were on the stand at that time were absolutely superb and made my job easier. Miss you all.

Pete Hogan ….. a strange character who once accused me of getting him fired , laughable
[Post edited 21 Sep 2022 10:01]

Our stewards could learn a thing or two from Steve on the Ratcliffe door.

What an absolute gent he is, and not afraid to wade in when those nobheads kicked off in the Main Stand v Grimsby

Poll: What is it to be then?

Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 11:12 - Sep 21 with 1130 viewsStatzdale

Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 10:33 - Sep 21 by judd

What an absolute gent he is, and not afraid to wade in when those nobheads kicked off in the Main Stand v Grimsby

You are absolutely spot on Judd. Steve is an absolutely brilliant bloke , also does security at Littleborough CC
[Post edited 21 Sep 2022 11:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 12:00 - Sep 21 with 1073 viewskel

Positive post for balance - Stewarding. on 10:33 - Sep 21 by judd

He’s a great bloke and he was sat with his kids behind me last night. They’re also a credit to him even though they didn’t share their pizza.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024