Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free trips to Qatar 09:49 - Nov 4 with 2300 viewsdna

With a catch

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/03/sports/soccer/qatar-fans-travel.html

Don't think I could do it
Free trips to Qatar on 10:11 - Nov 4 with 2269 viewsKeithHaynes

Especially watching England 😂

NY Times is a rag as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Free trips to Qatar on 10:55 - Nov 4 with 2234 viewsdna

Free trips to Qatar on 10:11 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

Especially watching England 😂

NY Times is a rag as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Wales fans too

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/04/england-and-wales-fans-being-pa
[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 10:56]
Free trips to Qatar on 13:32 - Nov 4 with 2173 viewsonehunglow

Free trips to Qatar on 10:55 - Nov 4 by dna

Wales fans too

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/04/england-and-wales-fans-being-pa
[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 10:56]

Surely this shows in neon lighting just how disgusting a decision it was to hold the tournament there.
An immoral cesspit which ,on reflection,is aposite when you see th3 like# of Beckhzm and Neville now supporting it all,like footballing prostitutes.

I would be proud indeed if my country had simply stood up and said,you can stuff ,we ain’t going.

But we didn’t ,and we are ,so let’s have no more denials about our hypocrisy but it is staring us in the face.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Free trips to Qatar on 13:49 - Nov 4 with 2170 viewsCatullus

Wales has the excuse of this being our first Wc since 58 but even if we'd been at every single one I sincerely doubt we'd boycott this one.

I'd like to say I won't watch any of it but that would be a lie which makes me as bad as anybody else. I will draw a line there though, I won't be trying to grab this offer, it leaves a bad taste. I suppose I can do the hypocrisy thing and say my watching it or not won't make any difference.

I sw Beckham on tv eulogising over it and to be honest, hes just another grinning idiot trying to keep himself relevant and i wonder how much he got paid for it? it's not like he needs the money but too much is never enough, is it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Free trips to Qatar on 15:33 - Nov 4 with 2134 viewsKeithHaynes

Free trips to Qatar on 13:49 - Nov 4 by Catullus

Wales has the excuse of this being our first Wc since 58 but even if we'd been at every single one I sincerely doubt we'd boycott this one.

I'd like to say I won't watch any of it but that would be a lie which makes me as bad as anybody else. I will draw a line there though, I won't be trying to grab this offer, it leaves a bad taste. I suppose I can do the hypocrisy thing and say my watching it or not won't make any difference.

I sw Beckham on tv eulogising over it and to be honest, hes just another grinning idiot trying to keep himself relevant and i wonder how much he got paid for it? it's not like he needs the money but too much is never enough, is it.

I saw him at the queens funeral, he’s one hell of a bloke 😂

Free trips to Qatar on 17:06 - Nov 4 with 2097 viewsonehunglow

Free trips to Qatar on 15:33 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

I saw him at the queens funeral, he’s one hell of a bloke 😂

He certainly is
A real philanthropist and benefactor only caring for those in need,especially if there are cameras around .

The very worst example of the excesses in football and society d obsession with celebs who are basically nonentities .

Free trips to Qatar on 18:13 - Nov 4 with 2077 viewsKeithHaynes

Free trips to Qatar on 17:06 - Nov 4 by onehunglow

He certainly is
A real philanthropist and benefactor only caring for those in need,especially if there are cameras around .

The very worst example of the excesses in football and society d obsession with celebs who are basically nonentities .

I heard Jack Grealish this morning talking on the human rights issue in Iran and Qatar.
Simon Jordan quote ‘ If I want a deep discussion on Alice bands I’ll talk to Jack grealish “

Free trips to Qatar on 18:18 - Nov 4 with 2071 views1983

I can hear Annis Abraham scrabbling for his passport now and deciding which nations flag to take

Login to get fewer ads

Free trips to Qatar on 20:29 - Nov 4 with 2026 viewsonehunglow

Free trips to Qatar on 18:13 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

I heard Jack Grealish this morning talking on the human rights issue in Iran and Qatar.
Simon Jordan quote ‘ If I want a deep discussion on Alice bands I’ll talk to Jack grealish “

Cracking that
Jack Grealish

Free trips to Qatar on 21:31 - Nov 4 with 2006 viewsReslovenSwan1

Free trips to Qatar on 13:32 - Nov 4 by onehunglow

Surely this shows in neon lighting just how disgusting a decision it was to hold the tournament there.
An immoral cesspit which ,on reflection,is aposite when you see th3 like# of Beckhzm and Neville now supporting it all,like footballing prostitutes.

I would be proud indeed if my country had simply stood up and said,you can stuff ,we ain’t going.

But we didn’t ,and we are ,so let’s have no more denials about our hypocrisy but it is staring us in the face.

England have decided to go and that is final. Harry will wear a rainbow armband.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Free trips to Qatar on 22:05 - Nov 4 with 1996 viewsWhiterockin

Free trips to Qatar on 21:31 - Nov 4 by ReslovenSwan1

England have decided to go and that is final. Harry will wear a rainbow armband.

That will make a hell of a difference. Perspective.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Free trips to Qatar on 22:22 - Nov 4 with 1984 viewsKeithHaynes

Free trips to Qatar on 13:32 - Nov 4 by onehunglow

The only issue is those players who may ( or may not ) play in a World Cup again, we have many.

Free trips to Qatar on 23:29 - Nov 4 with 1958 viewsCatullus

Free trips to Qatar on 22:22 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

The only issue is those players who may ( or may not ) play in a World Cup again, we have many.

If I was a player I'd not hesitate, it's their reason for being after all. The Wc is the pinnacle of their aims. That having a WC in Qatar is pretty much immoral, unethical and just plain wrong doesnt matter.

FIFA are as bent as a ten bob note.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Free trips to Qatar on 10:54 - Nov 5 with 1895 viewsKilkennyjack

Free trips to Qatar on 23:29 - Nov 4 by Catullus

If I was a player I'd not hesitate, it's their reason for being after all. The Wc is the pinnacle of their aims. That having a WC in Qatar is pretty much immoral, unethical and just plain wrong doesnt matter.

FIFA are as bent as a ten bob note.

Totally agree.

The respnsibility for Qatar sits with FIFA ……. not the nations, not the players and not the fans.

We all deserved better.

Beware of the Risen People

Free trips to Qatar on 10:57 - Nov 5 with 1884 viewsonehunglow

Free trips to Qatar on 10:54 - Nov 5 by Kilkennyjack

Totally agree.

The respnsibility for Qatar sits with FIFA ……. not the nations, not the players and not the fans.

We all deserved better.

Surely this is the same as players who played in apartheid South Africa.
Keep politics out of sport
Wasn’t it.
My ring piece it was.

Free trips to Qatar on 18:22 - Nov 5 with 1844 viewsReslovenSwan1

Free trips to Qatar on 10:57 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

Wasn’t it.
My ring piece it was.

Gareth Edward, Barry John, JPR, Graham Price are all respected figures and none have apologised as far as I know. Bennett and Merve and JJ went to the other place without commenting (as far as I know) . Sme still get some bunce off Western Mail.

They played rugby in a 'white skinned' only rugby tournament. Gareth had the cafeteria at Rhosse named after him for a while. Odd people we Welsh. Cardiff has a massive statue to Wales's first "people of colour headmistress" . Not such a big deal I suggest. Perhaps a guilt trip. It is 10 times the size of Aneurin Bevan founder of the NHS.

South Africa put politics into sport. It was not the other way around.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Free trips to Qatar on 21:44 - Nov 5 with 1776 viewsKilkennyjack

Free trips to Qatar on 10:57 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

Wasn’t it.
My ring piece it was.

FIFA should never have agreed to Qatar.

Thats it, thats the story.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 9:20]

Beware of the Risen People

Free trips to Qatar on 08:19 - Nov 8 with 1657 viewsscruffyjack

Free trips to Qatar on 21:44 - Nov 5 by Kilkennyjack

FIFA should never have agreed to Qatar.

Thats it, thats the story.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 9:20]

It was all part of the process, the FIFA executive committee decide where the World Cup is held. Out of the 24 ex co members (who voted for the 2018 & 2022 world cups) two were already suspended and the bulk of the rest were complicit in taking bungs and subsequently banned. Yet Qatar are still allowed to host.

Read ‘The Ugly Game’ by Heidi Blake and Jonathan Calvert, great investigative journalism.
Free trips to Qatar on 09:59 - Nov 8 with 1637 viewsYrAlarch

Free trips to Qatar on 18:22 - Nov 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Gareth Edward, Barry John, JPR, Graham Price are all respected figures and none have apologised as far as I know. Bennett and Merve and JJ went to the other place without commenting (as far as I know) . Sme still get some bunce off Western Mail.

They played rugby in a 'white skinned' only rugby tournament. Gareth had the cafeteria at Rhosse named after him for a while. Odd people we Welsh. Cardiff has a massive statue to Wales's first "people of colour headmistress" . Not such a big deal I suggest. Perhaps a guilt trip. It is 10 times the size of Aneurin Bevan founder of the NHS.

South Africa put politics into sport. It was not the other way around.

John Taylor (Basil Brush) refused an invitation to tour with the Lions in 1974 or to play against SA when they toured Britain (in 1969-70).
He did go on the 1968 tour with the Lions but it was that experienice which informed his subsequent decisions.
A man of principle.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 10:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024