Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? 11:41 - Nov 14 with 7370 viewsSandanista

Islam, Christianity and Judaism have largely the same roots and basis-religions that dictate your choices in life.These religions have caused much conflict and bloodshed, usually between each other or sects of the same religion.

Should all religion be banned and we move forward with humanist and general moral principles? Or should we allow religion if fully tolerant and supportive of others-as some forms of Buddishm and elements of Sikh doctrine. Or should we ban the notion of all 'sky faries'.

Interested to know thoughts.
Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 12:13 - Nov 14 with 3492 viewsonehunglow

Wow.

Worry post.

Religion is about fundamentalism. You believe what you believe ,others who don’t are wrong .

Religion guides lives, it is a one way street to make death more palatable .

It is often the root of conflict world wide and we are urged to “ respect” it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 13:14 - Nov 14 with 3463 viewsWingstandwood

Having once had the complete and utter misfortune to have met a Presbyterian minister and his revolting wife, both of whom later went on to rejoice at the (God's punishment apparently) Covid crisis, I would say that a lot of the time its just a good excuse to hate.

Individuals often abuse the 'greater good' and 'higher-virtue' of religion and certain politics by using it all as a false flag, excuse, shield and suit of armour to enable gratuitous hate and to get away with it scot free.

I am not having a go at everybody involved with religion because great acts of kindness, endeavor, charity, bravery and sacrifice are made by many. Comparing that revolting Presbyterian couple with Christian 'Burma Free Rangers' as just one example would be like comparing sh1t with sugar!

The video from 0:51s - 1:20s describes the Presbyterian scumbag husband/wife mindset perfectly and please believe me that I'm 100% serious when I say that's the hateful way they truly think!

Argus!

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 13:42 - Nov 14 with 3444 viewsonehunglow

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 13:14 - Nov 14 by Wingstandwood

Having once had the complete and utter misfortune to have met a Presbyterian minister and his revolting wife, both of whom later went on to rejoice at the (God's punishment apparently) Covid crisis, I would say that a lot of the time its just a good excuse to hate.

Individuals often abuse the 'greater good' and 'higher-virtue' of religion and certain politics by using it all as a false flag, excuse, shield and suit of armour to enable gratuitous hate and to get away with it scot free.

I am not having a go at everybody involved with religion because great acts of kindness, endeavor, charity, bravery and sacrifice are made by many. Comparing that revolting Presbyterian couple with Christian 'Burma Free Rangers' as just one example would be like comparing sh1t with sugar!

The video from 0:51s - 1:20s describes the Presbyterian scumbag husband/wife mindset perfectly and please believe me that I'm 100% serious when I say that's the hateful way they truly think!

“Good Christian family” a phrase still used

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 14:18 - Nov 14 with 3435 viewsWingstandwood

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 13:42 - Nov 14 by onehunglow

“Good Christian family” a phrase still used

"Good people don't go to heaven, only forgiven people do" (Google it folks!) that is another saying!

So basically a kind, caring, loving and dedicated unpaid O.A.P hospital fundraiser or volunteer for example will go to hell after years of helping others because she/he neither had the time or thought to go to church or ask for forgiveness .

But? A mass-murderer can at the very last minute decide, just before the lever is about to be pulled on the electric chair decide that its now time to enter heaven.

This is why confession of sins, last rites, conversion, being saved, seeking salvation is so vital. Because God can be darn spiteful when it comes to giving people an invite to enter the pearly gates.

Argus!

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:07 - Nov 14 with 3379 viewsCatullus

Some of the worst people I ever met have been practising Christians, then Ive met some homeless people who were very nice.

Religion has always been used to control the masses, if that is the way that any "god" wanted their religion to be then it's not rght or good. Why would you have faith in any deity that is not acting in your best interests? Why would a good and forgiving god be so spiteful and vengeful at times yet at other times allow paedo's and rapists through the pearly gates.

I would say I am spiritual, I believe there is more to come when my mortal body gives way, what that "more" is I cannot hazard a guess at but, there are ore things in heaven and Earth, Horatio. They are things beyond my understanding but I think they are there, it won't be the pearly gates though, that I'm sure of.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:55 - Nov 14 with 3370 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:07 - Nov 14 by Catullus

Some of the worst people I ever met have been practising Christians, then Ive met some homeless people who were very nice.

Religion has always been used to control the masses, if that is the way that any "god" wanted their religion to be then it's not rght or good. Why would you have faith in any deity that is not acting in your best interests? Why would a good and forgiving god be so spiteful and vengeful at times yet at other times allow paedo's and rapists through the pearly gates.

I would say I am spiritual, I believe there is more to come when my mortal body gives way, what that "more" is I cannot hazard a guess at but, there are ore things in heaven and Earth, Horatio. They are things beyond my understanding but I think they are there, it won't be the pearly gates though, that I'm sure of.

Nah I’m afraid when you die that’s it. It’s nice to believe there’s something beyond but there isn’t. But that’s all the more reason to enjoy life while you have it. We are nothing more than heat engines really.

Anyway what could be more depressing than just existing for eternity? Floating on a cloud waiting for judgement day? Pass me the sick bucket.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 21:39 - Nov 15 with 3305 viewsonehunglow

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:07 - Nov 14 by Catullus

If one is brought up by a fundamental religious family, one knows just what a lie it all is.
Trouble is,you have to get out of the circle to see the Light

Death is the most significant thing a human to cope with . It is because it is inevitable

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 21:52 - Nov 15 with 3301 viewsCatullus

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:55 - Nov 14 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Nah I’m afraid when you die that’s it. It’s nice to believe there’s something beyond but there isn’t. But that’s all the more reason to enjoy life while you have it. We are nothing more than heat engines really.

Anyway what could be more depressing than just existing for eternity? Floating on a cloud waiting for judgement day? Pass me the sick bucket.

We will all find out one day. However, when you try thinking about the universe, the absolute vastness of it, the thought that it is literally never ending, how can we possibly know what is waiting for us at the end of a temporal life span.

Maybe Im a "biocentrist"?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/biocentrism/201111/is-death-illusion-evi

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:02 - Nov 15 with 3292 viewsmart66

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:55 - Nov 14 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

“ Nah I’m afraid when you die that’s it. It’s nice to believe there’s something beyond but there isn’t.”

I share your sentiment, but we also don’t know. There is not a single dead person on the planet who has lived to tell the tale…

I would say the overwhelming likelihood is that after you die is very much like it was before you were born, nothing.

But the little amount humans know about the vastness of the universe and it’s workings, it’s impossible to be completely definitive on it.

Official Intellectual Property of Dr P. Registered Trademark.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:11 - Nov 15 with 3285 viewstrampie

The pull of religions prevalent in these islands is the belief that there might be a something after death, loved ones, even pets, so if that belief gives people strength and some kind of satisfaction then that is one good thing to say about religion I suppose.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:26 - Nov 15 with 3286 viewsCatullus

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:11 - Nov 15 by trampie

The pull of religions prevalent in these islands is the belief that there might be a something after death, loved ones, even pets, so if that belief gives people strength and some kind of satisfaction then that is one good thing to say about religion I suppose.

Nail hit squarely on the head there.

I'm not religious but I would be happy with the knowledge that after this life ends I would be reunited with my best mate, recently departed.

If it turns out that way then great, if there really is nothing then I will know nothing about it anyway. That's a win, win in my eyes; eternal happiness or eternal peace.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 09:44 - Nov 16 with 3251 viewsBest_loser

Religion is just an answer to the question why is there something rather than nothing , I'm quite happy not knowing the answer , everything is a mystery beyond our comprehension , I'm fine with that , science suggests this is not base reality
Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 16:54 - Nov 16 with 3203 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Subjucation only comes in to it because people adopt the position that they should be the arbiters of what the religion stands for.
I am an agnostic, but I have always thought the idea Christianity and Judaism was to bring about some control of humanity's barbaric tendencies with the Ten Commandments.
Anyone who doesn't think that the last 6 commandments are a good thing would worry me a lot.
Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 17:00 - Nov 16 with 3221 viewsSandanista

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 16:54 - Nov 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Subjucation only comes in to it because people adopt the position that they should be the arbiters of what the religion stands for.
I am an agnostic, but I have always thought the idea Christianity and Judaism was to bring about some control of humanity's barbaric tendencies with the Ten Commandments.
Anyone who doesn't think that the last 6 commandments are a good thing would worry me a lot.

Yet you support Trump!
Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 18:51 - Nov 16 with 3203 viewsCatullus

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 16:54 - Nov 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Honour your father and your mother....that surely depends on whether they deserve honouring or not.

The Bible is so full of contadictions it makes the decalogue impossible to adhere too.

An eye for an eye, though shalt not permit a witch to live. A vicar once told me you cannot take the Bible literally, thats quite an absence of faith.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 19:03 - Nov 16 with 3171 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 18:51 - Nov 16 by Catullus

Honour your father and your mother....that surely depends on whether they deserve honouring or not.

The Bible is so full of contadictions it makes the decalogue impossible to adhere too.

An eye for an eye, though shalt not permit a witch to live. A vicar once told me you cannot take the Bible literally, thats quite an absence of faith.

The reason that I am agnostic.
Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 19:28 - Nov 16 with 3186 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:02 - Nov 15 by mart66

“ Nah I’m afraid when you die that’s it. It’s nice to believe there’s something beyond but there isn’t.”

I share your sentiment, but we also don’t know. There is not a single dead person on the planet who has lived to tell the tale…

I would say the overwhelming likelihood is that after you die is very much like it was before you were born, nothing.

But the little amount humans know about the vastness of the universe and it’s workings, it’s impossible to be completely definitive on it.

We do know though. There’s absolutely no evidence of an afterlife and people have tried for millennia to find some.

In fact if there were an afterlife the dead people on the planet would still be around to tell the tale. The fact that the tale has never been told suggests strongly that the dead aren’t around to tell it.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 20:14 - Nov 16 with 3173 viewsonehunglow

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 14:18 - Nov 14 by Wingstandwood

"Good people don't go to heaven, only forgiven people do" (Google it folks!) that is another saying!

So basically a kind, caring, loving and dedicated unpaid O.A.P hospital fundraiser or volunteer for example will go to hell after years of helping others because she/he neither had the time or thought to go to church or ask for forgiveness .

But? A mass-murderer can at the very last minute decide, just before the lever is about to be pulled on the electric chair decide that its now time to enter heaven.

This is why confession of sins, last rites, conversion, being saved, seeking salvation is so vital. Because God can be darn spiteful when it comes to giving people an invite to enter the pearly gates.

Indeed.
Many facing the Gallows converted when faced with imminent death

There s a clue in that

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 20:52 - Nov 16 with 3163 viewsWingstandwood

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 20:14 - Nov 16 by onehunglow

Indeed.

There s a clue in that

Certain morality of Christian thinking is bat-sh1t crazy, unjust and twisted! Indeed a murderer who may have killed many, instantly becomes a 'good guy' worthy of entering heaven once he admits to his sins and asks for God's forgiveness.

And I found out that the revolting Presbyterian minster/wife lowlife pair I mentioned have a very negative opinion of terms like "good luck"...."Karma"...."Mother Earth".... "Having positive vibes"

And even calling someone of kindness an "Angel" is deemed offensive by them because that term must only be used to describe God's celestial servants. They were most annoyed at doorstep NHS praise and clapping during the Covid crisis also. Worshipping a false God apparently!

https://versebyverseministry.org/bible-answers/should-a-christian-use-the-phrase

All the aforementioned terms are "Not of God" but wasting money on zero-end product wasters by paying full time wages for only 2 hours a week and for other 2 hours a week jobs-for-the-boys i.e. outreach worker, mission worker, youth worker are "of God.

Money better spent on foodbanks imo. But God doesn't arf work in mysterious ways?

Argus!

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 21:10 - Nov 16 with 3155 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 20:14 - Nov 16 by onehunglow

Indeed.

There s a clue in that

Think that’s known as hedging your bets.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 21:24 - Nov 16 with 3151 viewsCatullus

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 19:28 - Nov 16 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

We do know though. There’s absolutely no evidence of an afterlife and people have tried for millennia to find some.

In fact if there were an afterlife the dead people on the planet would still be around to tell the tale. The fact that the tale has never been told suggests strongly that the dead aren’t around to tell it.

Thing is, a lot of people claim to have seen ghosts and communicated with " spirits" and I myself have experienced a few things I cannot explain. Thta's not to say there wasn't an explanation but I/we couldn't ind it at the time, one of the biggest was at 17 years old and not influenced by alcohol or drugs.

Thta isn't definitve proof but at the same time, can you provide efinitive proof there is nothing after this life as e know it today? NO? No you can't because there is none.

People on here post things and we take their word for it but where is the proof? We don't usually dispute them out of hand though. Except for one poster on here, one with more than a few usernames who is ful of it. He is the exception though.

So with no proof either way I will wait and see, one day all of us will find out the truth and it is the only way we will know. There is no other way to find out.

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 21:48 - Nov 16 with 3135 viewsPawelAbbott

Religion started as a great way to explain things that were difficult to understand. What's thunder? Oh it's the gods doing X.
Then it became organised and found that its a great way to make money. You want a better life after death? You'd better by some of this and turn up regularly.
Many great, charitable things are done in the name of charity. But, just as much bad from the corruption it has bred over the years.
The concept is generally well meaning, but too often corrupted to the benefit of a few
Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 21:53 - Nov 16 with 3132 viewsunion_jack

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 13:14 - Nov 14 by Wingstandwood

I’ll see your George Carlin and raise you Steven Fry.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-suvkwNYSQo&feature=share

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:06 - Nov 16 with 3117 viewsWingstandwood

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 21:48 - Nov 16 by PawelAbbott

Religion started as a great way to explain things that were difficult to understand. What's thunder? Oh it's the gods doing X.
Then it became organised and found that its a great way to make money. You want a better life after death? You'd better by some of this and turn up regularly.
Many great, charitable things are done in the name of charity. But, just as much bad from the corruption it has bred over the years.
The concept is generally well meaning, but too often corrupted to the benefit of a few

I think America televangelists epitomise the worst of what is called organised religion!

Multimillionaire shysters preaching a thing called the "prosperity gospel" living in mansions, driving luxury cars and owning private jets which is all so far removed from Jesus and his 40 days and 40 nights of hunger in the wilderness.

You get great community serving vicars working for the Church Of England for example then on the other hand you then get 'professional' shysters like that Presbyterian minister I mentioned along with the jobs-for-the-boys hangers on.

The weekly wage, the pension, the (house!) manse, the nice holidays is a great living for doing only 2 hours a week on a Sunday. Paid to love God with zero community impact and taking church money that should go to the poor. Farcical! Yes Christianity for some is an absolute racket!

Argus!

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 22:43 - Nov 16 with 3084 viewsBryanSwan

Religion: a social construct for subjugation of the population? on 19:28 - Nov 16 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Maybe there is a lot we do not know. I dont think we can 100% prove whether anything or nothing happens.

At least that thought will help provide some comfort to those who wish to have it.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024