Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
statins 11:02 - Jan 13 with 854 viewsbritferry

looks like these are going to be made freely available to all on the NHS

GPs will prescribe lifesaving statins to anyone who wants them under new guidance aimed at preventing thousands of heart attacks and strokes.

The drugs watchdog has effectively axed the eligibility criteria for the cholesterol-busting pills after a major review found they are safe and rarely cause side-effects.

It means millions more adults aged 18 and over can now request statins on the NHS.

I dont know the first thing about them, has anyone got any experience of them?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

statins on 11:06 - Jan 13 with 850 viewsLuther27

Been on them for a few years. There are side effects and took trial and error before found one that agreed with me. Lowered my level by 4 points. My diet beforehand was pretty good so nothing but good to say about them.
statins on 11:17 - Jan 13 with 837 viewsbritferry

statins on 11:06 - Jan 13 by Luther27

Been on them for a few years. There are side effects and took trial and error before found one that agreed with me. Lowered my level by 4 points. My diet beforehand was pretty good so nothing but good to say about them.

does it help with weight loss?

asking for a fatty

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

statins on 11:36 - Jan 13 with 813 viewsSandanista

statins on 11:17 - Jan 13 by britferry

asking for a fatty

No. They reduce LDL cholesterol.
statins on 12:01 - Jan 13 with 797 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47933345

Not ideal for everyone apparently.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

statins on 12:33 - Jan 13 with 774 viewsBoundy

You can buy them over the counter in a lot of EU countries but not the UK . Its not always the diet which creates the problem but it can also be the liver which there's also an inherited condition called familial hypercholesterolaemia. Mine was high dispite eating fruit veg cereal and exerciing daily but now have to accept that iI'm stuck with taking my 20mg dose a day becuse of my liver

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

statins on 21:43 - Jan 13 with 685 viewsmax936

Been on 5mg of Rosuvastatin for years, one tab before bed.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

statins on 21:47 - Jan 13 with 684 viewsmax936

statins on 11:17 - Jan 13 by britferry

asking for a fatty

Nope, weight loss will help Cholesterol, my levels dropped considerably when I lost weight 5 or more yrs ago and Doctor took me off them, just wish I could get in that frame of mind to lose weight again, determination and will power needed or which I'm sadly lacking at the moment.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

statins on 03:12 - Jan 14 with 630 viewsmangohilljack

Maybe if they paused the roll out of that which cannot be mentioned and had a completely independent enquiry into it's safety (not funded by big pharma) then we might see a decrease back to a more normal rate of deaths from SAD;s etc instead of the 30k excess we're currently seeing.

Yes we all know cardiac issues have been around since day dot, but now it's all you hear about!! these rare occurrences have turned into many on a daily basis and we only hear of the famous and young in the media.

We now know for an absolute fact CV is nothing more than an influenza, so a break in the roll out will harm no one outside of the vulnerable and may actually seek out root cause instead of fixing with a band aid.

This really is the only logical way to sort it out once nd for all
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024