Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£32,000 per year 06:39 - Jan 20 with 16188 viewsraynor94

Should you be using a food bank?

It's come up this week a nurse has said that's what she earns and can't survive without a food bank.

A Tory mp has said on the airwaves that there is something wrong with her budgetin skills, in this instance i haveto agree with him.

And how does she get a voucher earning that type of money, thoughts?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£32,000 per year on 13:31 - Jan 21 with 743 viewspencoedjack

£32,000 per year on 12:48 - Jan 21 by raynor94

I can remember my mortgage rate being 18% in 1981, 2 young children and no free childcare then.

Its all relative

Of course it is.

The scenario of it being a single woman living in the South East gives her the opportunity to work overtime.

I had to do & both my grown up kids work hard to pay their mortgages & childcare.
£32,000 per year on 13:35 - Jan 21 with 737 viewsraynor94

£32,000 per year on 13:18 - Jan 21 by Badgeman

How many times more expensive was your house than your annual wage? What % of your monthly income we’re you spending on your energy bill? Student loan? I doubt it.

It’s all relative except housing was quantifiably much much more affordable in the 90s than it is today. It was easier for you to buy a house than it is for young people today. Why does your generation have such a problem conceding this quantifiable fact?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 13:22]

Oooh, personal, served a 4 year apprenticeship, sorry I'm not as well educated as you

£32,000 per year on 13:36 - Jan 21 with 737 viewsBadgeman

£32,000 per year on 13:31 - Jan 21 by pencoedjack

Of course it is.

The scenario of it being a single woman living in the South East gives her the opportunity to work overtime.

I had to do & both my grown up kids work hard to pay their mortgages & childcare.

So your solution is she should spend more time away from her kids so she can afford the basics? What a brilliant system we have created for ourselves.

Aye what this country needs is more overworked nurses who don’t get to see their kids. That’s a much better system than having happy, healthy NHS staff who can afford to live near their jobs.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 13:37]

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

£32,000 per year on 13:42 - Jan 21 with 715 viewspencoedjack

£32,000 per year on 13:36 - Jan 21 by Badgeman

So your solution is she should spend more time away from her kids so she can afford the basics? What a brilliant system we have created for ourselves.

Aye what this country needs is more overworked nurses who don’t get to see their kids. That’s a much better system than having happy, healthy NHS staff who can afford to live near their jobs.

The scenario mentioned was she was a single woman

We obviously have a few born with silver spoons or expect something for nothing on this site.

If I couldn’t have afforded a mortgage growing up I would have bought or rented with a mate.
£32,000 per year on 13:43 - Jan 21 with 715 viewsCountyJim

£32,000 per year on 13:36 - Jan 21 by Badgeman

You're talking to a bit of a plank in all fairness who said because I have left wing views I hate my country 🤣
£32,000 per year on 13:43 - Jan 21 with 714 viewsBadgeman

£32,000 per year on 13:35 - Jan 21 by raynor94

Oooh, personal, served a 4 year apprenticeship, sorry I'm not as well educated as you

Ok I’ll apologise for that as that’s not what I meant. I was referring to the relative cost of a university education as it was in the 90s compared to now. I wasn’t saying that I thought you were too thick for university. I’ve been to university and intellect wasn’t a barrier for attending then and I doubt it is now.

£32,000 per year on 13:46 - Jan 21 with 711 viewspencoedjack

£32,000 per year on 13:43 - Jan 21 by Badgeman

Ok I’ll apologise for that as that’s not what I meant. I was referring to the relative cost of a university education as it was in the 90s compared to now. I wasn’t saying that I thought you were too thick for university. I’ve been to university and intellect wasn’t a barrier for attending then and I doubt it is now.

You were right the 1st time 👍
£32,000 per year on 13:48 - Jan 21 with 704 viewsBadgeman

£32,000 per year on 13:42 - Jan 21 by pencoedjack

We obviously have a few born with silver spoons or expect something for nothing on this site.

If I couldn’t have afforded a mortgage growing up I would have bought or rented with a mate.

Expecting to have housing just as affordable as you had it is wanting something for nothing now is it? You said it not me.

When you were growing up paying rent was cheaper than a mortgage. Now rents are more expensive than mortgages. Looks like you were the one born with a silver spoon in your mouth in comparison.

Login to get fewer ads

£32,000 per year on 13:49 - Jan 21 with 704 viewspencoedjack

£32,000 per year on 13:43 - Jan 21 by CountyJim

You're talking to a bit of a plank in all fairness who said because I have left wing views I hate my country 🤣

County are kicking off at home in a hour bout time you made your way to the ground chum.
£32,000 per year on 13:50 - Jan 21 with 701 viewsBadgeman

£32,000 per year on 13:46 - Jan 21 by pencoedjack

You were right the 1st time 👍

That was what I meant the first time. Glad you’re caught up.

£32,000 per year on 13:50 - Jan 21 with 700 viewsSirjohnalot

£32,000 per year on 13:42 - Jan 21 by pencoedjack

Problem is though mortgages were affordable but interest rates have now exploded meaning people can lose their homes. People are desperate, they need help but the rich are getting richer
£32,000 per year on 13:51 - Jan 21 with 693 viewsswan_si

£32,000 per year on 13:09 - Jan 21 by krunchykarrot

There should be nobody going to food banks on decent wages over 32000, i keep getting annoyed with this as its always single parents with 2 kids etc. Where is the other parent.

I have been out on my bike previously waiting to cross bridge when i was asked where the local church food bank was, the pair of them had a joint of skunk and couldnt see the sign 20 yrds away.

Munchies.
£32,000 per year on 13:54 - Jan 21 with 684 viewspencoedjack

£32,000 per year on 13:48 - Jan 21 by Badgeman

Expecting to have housing just as affordable as you had it is wanting something for nothing now is it? You said it not me.

When you were growing up paying rent was cheaper than a mortgage. Now rents are more expensive than mortgages. Looks like you were the one born with a silver spoon in your mouth in comparison.

1 of the reasons rent is so expensive has been done to death in recent weeks, again hard working people being shafted by scroungers.

Anyway I’ll agree to disagree, both my kids have mortgages (1 has 2 kids) & they work hard to maintain a decent lifestyle.
£32,000 per year on 13:54 - Jan 21 with 683 viewsraynor94

£32,000 per year on 13:43 - Jan 21 by Badgeman

No problem at all

£32,000 per year on 14:31 - Jan 21 with 643 viewsReslovenSwan1

£32,000 per year on 18:58 - Jan 20 by Gwyn737

How does a single nurse live in London? Should he/she just budget better? Should she not have kids?

London is expensive place if you do not have a council house. Most Welsh people cannot afford to live there. These are basic life choices. I was offered work in London 2009 and would not go there if not adequately remunerated.

Wise sage since Toshack era

£32,000 per year on 14:35 - Jan 21 with 608 viewskrunchykarrot

£32,000 per year on 13:24 - Jan 21 by Badgeman

You’re annoyed at people you perceive as being too poor to get divorced? Wtf.

No im annoyed that the father has abandoned their resposibilities to others, dont you agree?

Beats me how OAP's do it.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 14:37]
£32,000 per year on 14:48 - Jan 21 with 596 viewsReslovenSwan1

Why should people not use food banks if they need to? That is what it is there for.

Food banks are a useful service fully in line with the basic principle the of Christian or Muslim faiths and others probably. I support people voluntarily supporting people. They provide help and usually get thanks. This is a good thing. I do not subscribe to the view that they are indicators of a failed state and food banks are an abomination and stain n the reputation of the state.

We as people need to reduce dependency on anonymous tax payers who are never thanked for their contribution. People vote for lower tax almost always

Wise sage since Toshack era

£32,000 per year on 16:52 - Jan 21 with 549 viewsFlashberryjack

£32,000 a year and using a food bank, media bullcrap.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

£32,000 per year on 17:21 - Jan 21 with 521 viewsraynor94

£32,000 per year on 13:50 - Jan 21 by Sirjohnalot

Problem is though mortgages were affordable but interest rates have now exploded meaning people can lose their homes. People are desperate, they need help but the rich are getting richer

As I said earlier mortgage interest rates were in excess of 18% in the early 80s, there's far more help around these days

£32,000 per year on 17:39 - Jan 21 with 508 viewsSirjohnalot

£32,000 per year on 17:21 - Jan 21 by raynor94

As I said earlier mortgage interest rates were in excess of 18% in the early 80s, there's far more help around these days

And people struggled and lost their houses. We’re now 40 years on and should not be in this position. The ‘it was crap in my day therefore they need to suck it up’ is wrong.

Kids today have it far worse
£32,000 per year on 17:56 - Jan 21 with 504 viewsCountyJim

£32,000 per year on 17:39 - Jan 21 by Sirjohnalot

And people struggled and lost their houses. We’re now 40 years on and should not be in this position. The ‘it was crap in my day therefore they need to suck it up’ is wrong.

I'd hate to be on the ladder today the prices are ridiculous.

Thankfully the wife me and all the grandparents helped our two children on the ladder it's almost impossible

We took keep off them both when they left school but didn't tell them we put it away for them
£32,000 per year on 18:08 - Jan 21 with 496 viewswaynekerr55

£32,000 per year on 17:21 - Jan 21 by raynor94

What proportion of your income was the mortgage? You really are comparing apples with pears, Rayns.

Now I'm not saying the perpetual economically inactive are not a problem, but there are far far bigger issues for the taxpayer than these.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

£32,000 per year on 18:14 - Jan 21 with 492 viewswaynekerr55

£32,000 per year on 17:39 - Jan 21 by Sirjohnalot

There needs to be a serious discussion around the role of the media in this country. If the masses knew what the likes of Dacre, Murdoch, Hannan and Co were up to they'd be lynched

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

£32,000 per year on 18:19 - Jan 21 with 486 viewsshingle

Turns out that the MP who the thread starter was quoting used one of his staff to explain how she earns quite a lot less than this Nurse but has no need to use a food bank because she is able to handle her finances in the correct way it is then found out the her father was or is a major in the Army and is a millionaire, makes the thread starter look a bit of a plonker really lol oh and Google and check what happened when this same MP accidentally left is mike on after filming some door step encounters on another matter which puts anything the clown says to bed.
£32,000 per year on 18:36 - Jan 21 with 473 viewsonehunglow

£32,000 per year on 18:08 - Jan 21 by waynekerr55

What proportion of your income was the mortgage? You really are comparing apples with pears, Rayns.

Now I'm not saying the perpetual economically inactive are not a problem, but there are far far bigger issues for the taxpayer than these.

I remember that era well.
We bought pour current house on an endowment mortgage at 18 % . Mortgage with endowments were missold We were . We got nowt back.

What percentage ? Don’t know but we couldn’t get out of it for 25 yrs.

Put it this way. Going up from 10 % to 18% was serious

Mortgages now are infinitely more flexible but that s not to say Id want to be 25/ 30 again with a mortgage around my neck.
I will add that we took a modest mortgage on as we were concerned about future finances and also didn’t want to have a big house with nowt inside. Ie all show

I know many who overstretched themselves

My advice is parsimony is not a capital offence

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024