Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How to win games 13:54 - Jan 22 with 2336 viewsApex

Hi guys, this a message for current manager who is not raisin our our confidence and moral much, why don't you try that old fashion 442 formation with two strikers who have real pace and don't let them come deeper than the centre circle, you might be surprized how well it works.

Because in the past of we have sometimes had to rely on managers who don't comprehend the difference between Adept and Inept we have suffered the frustrating consequences, if we want to attract better players then the team we have to scape up some wins by playing a 442 system, then we have at least got a fighting chance, playing one slow striker up front is suicide.
APEX
How to win games on 14:06 - Jan 22 with 2310 viewskingslandstand1

Tbf Apex, while you talk a lot of sense with the ideology of what you have said, you can't polish a turd due to the fact that as most of the threads on here since 5 pm yesterday have been implying, we haven't got good enough players to do what we want to do

It's down to the basic principal of football. You need players that can score, And then you need players that can stop the opposition from scoring. And we haven't got the quality (now) required to achieve that mid table position we really should be getting regularly
How to win games on 15:40 - Jan 22 with 2206 viewsgrumpy

I don't get all this 'the players aren't good enough' complaint.
Sure! we need strikers who can score but often its the way we play that has a bearing on that.
Armstrong runs about a lot but only makes something happen by capsizing on opponents mistakes.
Adams needs a partner upfront to feed off or feed to.
Most Premiership teams have 3 goalkeepers to choose from,we have one that's struggling,one that's injured and one that's 41.
Bella-Kotchap injured is a big blow,but put him with Salisu. KWP, and Perraud its not a bad defence.
I have no idea what Jones is doing with the midfield,they seem to be running around like headless chickens.
If we had appointed a decent manager we would have a chance of pulling clear of the bottom but we haven't,Jones will take us down be given a few games in the championship which again we will struggle with and get sacked.
Sorry to be so negative but that's how I see it,
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 15:42]
How to win games on 16:28 - Jan 22 with 2138 viewsSouthamptonfan

How to win games on 15:40 - Jan 22 by grumpy

I don't get all this 'the players aren't good enough' complaint.
Sure! we need strikers who can score but often its the way we play that has a bearing on that.
Armstrong runs about a lot but only makes something happen by capsizing on opponents mistakes.
Adams needs a partner upfront to feed off or feed to.
Most Premiership teams have 3 goalkeepers to choose from,we have one that's struggling,one that's injured and one that's 41.
Bella-Kotchap injured is a big blow,but put him with Salisu. KWP, and Perraud its not a bad defence.
I have no idea what Jones is doing with the midfield,they seem to be running around like headless chickens.
If we had appointed a decent manager we would have a chance of pulling clear of the bottom but we haven't,Jones will take us down be given a few games in the championship which again we will struggle with and get sacked.
Sorry to be so negative but that's how I see it,
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 15:42]

What don't you get?
Our goalkeeper's only experience is playing for league one Pompey, no experience of PL football whatsoever. What makes you think Bazunu is any comparison to Villa's goalkeeper who won the world cup? Better goalkeeper, so he saves our shots, and our keeper doesn't save theirs. We have players like Diallo, and Adams (who misses sitters from 2 yards out, regardless of what formation we play), they have players like Coutinio, who played for Liverpool and other European winning teams. Buendia who ran the midfield yesterday, is an Argentinian world cup winning international. They are better players with more PL experience, so we lost to a better team. They are better players.

Kane plays us and tears us apart. He is a better player than Adams and Armstrong. Salah plays us and scored because he is a better player than anything we have in midfield. We are playing better players each week. Or do you think Adams is a good as Kane, Salah, Buendia etc?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 16:39]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

How to win games on 16:39 - Jan 22 with 2117 viewsgrumpy

How to win games on 16:28 - Jan 22 by Southamptonfan

What don't you get?
Our goalkeeper's only experience is playing for league one Pompey, no experience of PL football whatsoever. What makes you think Bazunu is any comparison to Villa's goalkeeper who won the world cup? Better goalkeeper, so he saves our shots, and our keeper doesn't save theirs. We have players like Diallo, and Adams (who misses sitters from 2 yards out, regardless of what formation we play), they have players like Coutinio, who played for Liverpool and other European winning teams. Buendia who ran the midfield yesterday, is an Argentinian world cup winning international. They are better players with more PL experience, so we lost to a better team. They are better players.

Kane plays us and tears us apart. He is a better player than Adams and Armstrong. Salah plays us and scored because he is a better player than anything we have in midfield. We are playing better players each week. Or do you think Adams is a good as Kane, Salah, Buendia etc?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 16:39]

Did I not say
'Most Premiership teams have 3 goalkeepers to choose from,we have one that's struggling,one that's injured and one that's 41' ?
Comparing our players to the likes of Kane&Salah makes no sense.
How to win games on 16:42 - Jan 22 with 2109 viewsSouthamptonfan

How to win games on 16:39 - Jan 22 by grumpy

Did I not say
'Most Premiership teams have 3 goalkeepers to choose from,we have one that's struggling,one that's injured and one that's 41' ?
Comparing our players to the likes of Kane&Salah makes no sense.

So you agree that the goalkeepers we have available are not as good as our opponents? That's one of the reasons as to why we lose more than we win. It's the same with the strikers and every other position. We are playing better players most weeks, that's the crux of it.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 16:43]

How to win games on 16:53 - Jan 22 with 2063 viewsgrumpy

How to win games on 16:42 - Jan 22 by Southamptonfan

So you agree that the goalkeepers we have available are not as good as our opponents? That's one of the reasons as to why we lose more than we win. It's the same with the strikers and every other position. We are playing better players most weeks, that's the crux of it.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 16:43]

'We lose more than we win'
Don't you think that Selection,Tactics and Motivation has any bearing on that?
How to win games on 17:08 - Jan 22 with 2048 viewsSouthamptonfan

How to win games on 16:53 - Jan 22 by grumpy

'We lose more than we win'
Don't you think that Selection,Tactics and Motivation has any bearing on that?

But what can you do if one individual doesn't concentrate and makes mistake or they are one.on one with the goal keeper and.miss? Playing 4 4 2 or 4 5 1 doesn't change the fact that Adams still missed a sitter from 2 yards. I bet Man City could play Haaland up front on his own, in a two or in midfield. He would still score a hat load and that's because he's a fantastic player.

We miss Ings, we miss Broja, we miss Romeu, whatever tactics we play. We have lost some good players and that's why it's such a struggle.

https://www.tiktok.com/@thesaintsshow/video/7139202874583649541?lang=en
Watch this and tell me how playing a different formation or tactics would have changed this? A better striker scores regardless of any tactics, simple as that. Adams amongst others just isn't up to PL standard.
Here is another one. They are just poor players

[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 17:16]

How to win games on 17:23 - Jan 22 with 2017 viewsgrumpy

How to win games on 17:08 - Jan 22 by Southamptonfan

But what can you do if one individual doesn't concentrate and makes mistake or they are one.on one with the goal keeper and.miss? Playing 4 4 2 or 4 5 1 doesn't change the fact that Adams still missed a sitter from 2 yards. I bet Man City could play Haaland up front on his own, in a two or in midfield. He would still score a hat load and that's because he's a fantastic player.

We miss Ings, we miss Broja, we miss Romeu, whatever tactics we play. We have lost some good players and that's why it's such a struggle.

https://www.tiktok.com/@thesaintsshow/video/7139202874583649541?lang=en
Watch this and tell me how playing a different formation or tactics would have changed this? A better striker scores regardless of any tactics, simple as that. Adams amongst others just isn't up to PL standard.
Here is another one. They are just poor players

[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 17:16]

That clip shows him scoring twice.
Adams may be struggling at the moment but that is because hes on his own up there.
Login to get fewer ads

How to win games on 17:30 - Jan 22 with 1989 viewsSouthamptonfan

How to win games on 17:23 - Jan 22 by grumpy

That clip shows him scoring twice.
Adams may be struggling at the moment but that is because hes on his own up there.

You're dodging the question 😜. He played with Armstrong up front, but he still missed yesterday and against Forest so it makes little difference.

How to win games on 17:33 - Jan 22 with 1985 viewsgrumpy

How to win games on 17:30 - Jan 22 by Southamptonfan

You're dodging the question 😜. He played with Armstrong up front, but he still missed yesterday and against Forest so it makes little difference.

Not sure what question I'm supposed to be dodging .
How to win games on 17:35 - Jan 22 with 1978 viewsSouthamptonfan

How to win games on 17:33 - Jan 22 by grumpy

Not sure what question I'm supposed to be dodging .

The question was, tell me how playing different tactics would have changed Adams decision to handle the ball into the net instead of heading it in which would have given Ralph another point? Or Edozie missing against Lincoln? One on one with the keeper and he lashes at it and.misses. I can't see how you can't come to any.other conclusion that they arn't very good at shooting.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 17:38]

How to win games on 17:42 - Jan 22 with 1961 viewsgrumpy

How to win games on 17:35 - Jan 22 by Southamptonfan

The question was, tell me how playing different tactics would have changed Adams decision to handle the ball into the net instead of heading it in which would have given Ralph another point? Or Edozie missing against Lincoln? One on one with the keeper and he lashes at it and.misses. I can't see how you can't come to any.other conclusion that they arn't very good at shooting.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 17:38]

Good grief what has Adams missing a goal got to do with tactics.
How to win games on 17:44 - Jan 22 with 1957 viewsSouthamptonfan

How to win games on 17:42 - Jan 22 by grumpy

Good grief what has Adams missing a goal got to do with tactics.

Exactly! We lose points because our strikers miss easy chances and our defenders make mistakes because they're not very good, not because of tactics.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 17:45]

How to win games on 17:50 - Jan 22 with 1938 viewsgrumpy

How to win games on 17:44 - Jan 22 by Southamptonfan

Exactly! We lose points because our strikers miss easy chances and our defenders make mistakes because they're not very good, not because of tactics.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 17:45]

We lose points because of selection,motivation,training and you got it tactics.
Stop blaming the players.
How to win games on 17:55 - Jan 22 with 1922 viewsSouthamptonfan

How to win games on 17:50 - Jan 22 by grumpy

We lose points because of selection,motivation,training and you got it tactics.
Stop blaming the players.

Oh I see missing easy chances from 1 yard, must be the tactics and motivation. Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Man U must just employ better tactics, nothing to do with having much more expensive better players, ok you believe that if you like.

How to win games on 17:59 - Jan 22 with 1919 viewsgrumpy

How to win games on 17:55 - Jan 22 by Southamptonfan

Oh I see missing easy chances from 1 yard, must be the tactics and motivation. Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Man U must just employ better tactics, nothing to do with having much more expensive better players, ok you believe that if you like.

So when we have beaten those teams you mention in the past it was because we had better players?
How to win games on 21:50 - Jan 22 with 1765 viewsApex

Hi guys, I am not convinced that Adams should ever be used as a striker , he might more suited to a midfield role but then with his lack of pace I doubt it. I personally think the lights are burning late in the board room, they know we need two good strikers with pace but its not easy to attract quality when we are sitting at the bottom and every club raising their asking price because of it. I think the board will be sending the scouts all over the world with a real sense of urgency so don't panic. I suggest that in the short term that the board sign the best two new strikers they can get and then play them as centre fowards in a 442 formation - very soon would be nice.

APEX
How to win games on 23:13 - Jan 22 with 1724 viewsMattFinish

There’s only one way to win games. Score more than your opponent

We can’t do that with sh1te strikers
How to win games on 01:48 - Jan 23 with 1653 viewswashington_saint

How to win games on 23:13 - Jan 22 by MattFinish

100% this - Adams is a complete embarrassment. He is shocking. For sure, we don;t create much either so it's not all on him.

But frankly, what must it be like for the defence knowing they likely have to keep a clean sheet or we lose as we only have (for the last 2 years) only JWP who knows where the net is.
How to win games on 06:37 - Jan 23 with 1561 viewsSouthamptonfan

Sh1te strikers? Must be the tactics and motivation according to one person on here. 🤔

How to win games on 07:59 - Jan 23 with 1514 viewsNewdawn2014

Team effort though ? as we are often told win or lose as a team .
How to win games on 09:40 - Jan 23 with 1444 viewssledger

if youre players are inferior in ability then you need physicality,we have none.Bazuno 20 and probably smallest keeper in the league,walker peters small and weak,perraud small and weak,diallo small and weak and cant pass,lavia a prospect but young and weak,edozie a prospect but a child and weak,jwp good player but not physically strong,adam armstrong a good championship striker very quick but easily knocked off the ball and che adams our target man is under 6 feet always beaten in the air,isnt a good finisher and paceless to boot,i could carry on through the squad but i think i have made my point as to why we are struggling and in dire trouble
How to win games on 10:56 - Jan 23 with 1411 views1885_SFC

20 games into the season and... we have scored one single goal from a corner. It goes without saying that that is the lowest in the PL.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024