Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Pub recommendations. 23:32 - Feb 8 with 4606 viewsPunteR

This week Camden. :)

There was a thread about good food and drink places around London but can't find it.
Anyway, just wondered if anyone has any recommendations for the Camden Market area.
Got a few going to KOKO (Camden Palace)later in the evening. Trying to sort food and drinks beforehand.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

London Pub recommendations. on 00:48 - Feb 9 with 3889 viewsBoston

There's an awful lot of dry meat and rice dishes in Camden these days.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

London Pub recommendations. on 01:16 - Feb 9 with 3884 viewsWA_Hoop

Did you mean this thread?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/290135/london-rec
London Pub recommendations. on 04:36 - Feb 9 with 3841 viewsearthdweller

Ate at the floating Chinese place Feng Shang Princess in Camden town. It was a while back but If I recall it was decent.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 5:22]
London Pub recommendations. on 06:51 - Feb 9 with 3759 viewsPunteR

London Pub recommendations. on 01:16 - Feb 9 by WA_Hoop

Did you mean this thread?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/290135/london-rec

That's the one . Cheers WA

London Pub recommendations. on 07:11 - Feb 9 with 3737 viewsNorthernr

The Pineapple behind Kentish Town tube is always a good bet.
London Pub recommendations. on 09:31 - Feb 9 with 3584 viewstoboboly

London Pub recommendations. on 07:11 - Feb 9 by Northernr

The Pineapple behind Kentish Town tube is always a good bet.

Shush

edit: Pricey but the camden blues house used to do good food.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 9:34]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

London Pub recommendations. on 09:31 - Feb 9 with 3583 viewsjohann28

If you like an old-fashioned traditional pub with real ale, Tapping The Admiral on Castle Road (just south of Kentish Town West Station) is excellent. Full of happy locals and also comes with a very fine cat (Nelson).
London Pub recommendations. on 09:36 - Feb 9 with 3573 viewsNW10Hoop

Sheephaven bay is really close to Koko - good Irish boozer.

If you are a rocker - The Black Heart down near Camden Town Tube is good fun too.
Login to get fewer ads

London Pub recommendations. on 09:36 - Feb 9 with 3571 viewsRBlock

Cafe Koko is pretty decent for a pizza and a cocktail before gigs, but not really pub vibes. Always loved The Black Heart behind Camden Town station, loads of craft ales and always got live music on.
London Pub recommendations. on 09:40 - Feb 9 with 3553 viewsrobith

I wouldn't try the food, but Sheephaven Bay is one of London's best pubs. Sadly getting too busy these days though cos Guinness TikTok people keep posting about it
London Pub recommendations. on 10:52 - Feb 9 with 3488 viewsDannyPaddox

Veering off of Kentish Town but the Southampton Arms on Highgate Road is a lovely old boozer - Ale Meat Cider the legend says.
London Pub recommendations. on 11:11 - Feb 9 with 3469 viewsPaddyhoops

Toucan bar in Soho .?Tiny bar, nice atmosphere and THE best pint of Guinness In London.
Rarely go there but always drop in my very rare pub crawls now.
London Pub recommendations. on 11:19 - Feb 9 with 3452 viewsrobith

London Pub recommendations. on 11:11 - Feb 9 by Paddyhoops

Toucan bar in Soho .?Tiny bar, nice atmosphere and THE best pint of Guinness In London.

The Toucan definitely isn't the best Guinness in London any more. Really trading off past glories these days
London Pub recommendations. on 13:27 - Feb 9 with 3332 viewsloftboy

The porter house just off the strand does the stuff that Arthur Guinness first drunk that gave him the idea for Guinness.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

London Pub recommendations. on 15:24 - Feb 9 with 3266 viewsPaddyhoops

London Pub recommendations. on 11:19 - Feb 9 by robith

The Toucan definitely isn't the best Guinness in London any more. Really trading off past glories these days

Fair point Robith but relatively speaking in comparison to some of the stuff I’ve drank over the years it’s pretty decent but you’re right it’s a bold statement and I’ m sure are other establishments with a better product.
London Pub recommendations. on 15:37 - Feb 9 with 3235 viewsBoston

Thermos and a packed lunch?

London Pub recommendations. on 15:50 - Feb 9 with 3230 viewsBlackCrowe

London Pub recommendations. on 11:11 - Feb 9 by Paddyhoops

Soho institution - love The Toucan. Special mention to The French House, another Soho institution with eclectic clientele to match. Similarly nly recently discovered Trisha's on Greek Street, in Soho (genuine speakeasy) - one of best nights i've had in a London bar for many a year - I will be returning. Often.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

London Pub recommendations. on 17:47 - Feb 9 with 3139 viewsrobith

London Pub recommendations. on 15:50 - Feb 9 by BlackCrowe

Soho institution - love The Toucan. Special mention to The French House, another Soho institution with eclectic clientele to match. Similarly nly recently discovered Trisha's on Greek Street, in Soho (genuine speakeasy) - one of best nights i've had in a London bar for many a year - I will be returning. Often.

Love the French. Fond memories of being sat outside it during the pandemic and it started raining, one of the staff came over, handed us an umbrella and said "this is from Charles". Looked inside and a dandy in a lime green pinstripe suit gave us a little salute "Just pop it back when it stop"

I've been in Trisha's once and never been able to find it again.

I do have an affection for the Toucan - I met my wife there - but post lockdown the quality isn't as good and it's often mobbed with large groups of lads doing pub crawls. Just isn't the same
London Pub recommendations. on 18:02 - Feb 9 with 3111 viewstraininvain

London Pub recommendations. on 11:19 - Feb 9 by robith

Nice pint of Guinness at the Coach & Horses, Covent Garden.

Coach & Horses, Greek Street and Blue Posts, Berwick Street two more good pubs in Soho. Not been bastardised by the big pub co’s to the extent that others have and yes I know the Coach & Horses is owned by Fullers!

Lock Tavern and Camden Town brewery also worth visiting in Camden.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 18:07]
London Pub recommendations. on 18:12 - Feb 9 with 3085 viewsBoston

London Pub recommendations. on 17:47 - Feb 9 by robith

Love the French. Fond memories of being sat outside it during the pandemic and it started raining, one of the staff came over, handed us an umbrella and said "this is from Charles". Looked inside and a dandy in a lime green pinstripe suit gave us a little salute "Just pop it back when it stop"

I've been in Trisha's once and never been able to find it again.

I do have an affection for the Toucan - I met my wife there - but post lockdown the quality isn't as good and it's often mobbed with large groups of lads doing pub crawls. Just isn't the same

How long have you been married to Charles?

London Pub recommendations. on 18:13 - Feb 9 with 3087 viewsPaddyhoops

Is “TheGood mixer” still open in Camden?
Great pub in my beer monster days.
London Pub recommendations. on 18:15 - Feb 9 with 3080 viewsBoston

Yes. In my 20's I was pally with a barman in there, many a 'discounted' round.

London Pub recommendations. on 20:50 - Feb 9 with 3006 viewsPunteR

Thanks for those recommendations lads, much appreciated.

London Pub recommendations. on 23:19 - Feb 9 with 2918 viewsPeterHucker

Some old favourites from when I lived in London that I still try & get to whenever I’m down there for a match weekend.
The Harp, Charing Cross
The Lamb, Holloway Road
The Volunteer, Baker Street
The Hung Drawn & Quartered near Tower Bridge
Bradley’s, Hanway Street
The King & Queen, near Goodge Street tube
The Boot, near Kings Cross (Charles Dickens used to drink there)

Worked in Chiswick / Hammersmith for quite a few years, not been down that way for a while but used to love The George, The old pack horse, The Tabard, The Distillers on Fulham Palace Road, The Salutation, The Hop Poles, The Old Ship.
London Pub recommendations. on 09:14 - Feb 10 with 2803 viewsRBlock

London Pub recommendations. on 15:50 - Feb 9 by BlackCrowe

Trisha's is a cracking night. Tend to end up there whenever I'm in Soho. Squeezed about 20 people in there once for a birthday, with the band basically playing sat on my mate's lap, smoking area busier than the Ellerslie Road toilets at halftime. Proper old Soho institution.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024