Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How about Chris Beech? 20:44 - Mar 28 with 9146 views_Stefan_Kuntz

He got Carlisle United to the top of League Two from sod all wage bill. Then when Covid appeared the run ended. Maybe, without knowing it, the squad had Long Covid, certainly the energy was not there and that was half of the winning formula. Beech was never the same again and after an indifferent start to the next season gradually became worse he had to go.

He is doing very well at Fylde and you obviously know him well. He may be urinated off by the unfortunate way things went at Carlisle United and have the necessary fire in his belly to make a comeback.
How about Chris Beech? on 20:20 - Mar 29 with 2383 viewsEllDale

How about Chris Beech? on 17:48 - Mar 29 by D_Alien

We must have a 'holding pen' for Dale squad members no longer being considered for first team duty

He can join Ball & John in there. There may be others, but i can't be arsed thinking about them

Aidy White?
[Post edited 29 Mar 2023 20:21]
How about Chris Beech? on 20:46 - Mar 29 with 2284 viewsJames1980

Do our lack of resources lead to less than thorough medicals for players we sign?
Considering his experience the fact he hadn't blotted his copy book like Hill with controversial interviews (as far as I know). I can't see why Beech didn't even get an interview. Could his wage expectation have been on his application and been too high perhaps.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

How about Chris Beech? on 00:59 - Mar 30 with 2007 viewsChris1803

How about Chris Beech? on 17:00 - Mar 29 by NorthernDale

I would consider Parkinson at Altrincham, he has done a brilliant job over the last two years and on a limited budget.

Tony Ellis, Chris Beech or Keith Hill would be idea as D of F, but I am not sure as manager, but the know the club inside out and would be able to assist any new manager.

Henderson should be included in any future coaching set up.

Phil Parkinson at Alty would likely be my first choice I think.

He took over at Altrincham on the eve of their final game of the 16/17 season, after they'd already been confirmed relegated to the Northern Premier League.
He took them straight back up to the National North in 17/18, finished in the play offs but missed out on promotion in 18/19, and then got Altrincham promoted back into the National League via the play offs in the 2019/20 season.

2020/21 saw them finish 17th, last season 14th, and they currently sit 13th in the table, in what is their first season as a full-time professional club.

He's done a fantastic job there, and would be a good solid appointment for us I think. He's got the vast experience of managing in non-league football, and the knowledge of the Manchester and beyond non-league scene in terms of scouting and recruitment.

He did however, sign a contract extension, but I believe that only takes him to the end of the 2023/24 season. If we're in a position (uncertain I know) to be able to afford to pay compensation for a new gaffer, he'd be the top of my list. Whether he'd want to move on from the solid job he's done at Altrincham as they continue to progress on the pitch, and as a club off the pitch, I'm not sure.

Another manager that comes to mind for me who's currently in a job would be Jamie Milligan at Bamber Bridge. He's done a solid job of improving their fortunes since he took over in 2019, taking them from a lower mid table side, to near play off contenders in the NPL, finishing 6th last season, and currently 3rd this season in a competitive league.

There aren't too many inspiring AND realistic out of work managers really. Can't see a David Artell/Graham Alexander/Karl Robinson wanting to take us on unless we somehow stayed up. Wouldn't be overly enamoured with Beech/Hill etc.

Micky Mellon did a good job at Tranmere - got them back to back promotions from the VNL and League 2, and in his more recent stint their, won more games than he lost - how we'd love to just see that I guess! He seems a more realistic option to me for some reason.

Just seen that Gary Jones has shot to 3/1 with Bet Victor, so presumably, some folk have a few quid to throw about!
How about Chris Beech? on 06:38 - Mar 30 with 1907 viewsrkershaw

How about Chris Beech? on 00:59 - Mar 30 by Chris1803

Phil Parkinson at Alty would likely be my first choice I think.

He took over at Altrincham on the eve of their final game of the 16/17 season, after they'd already been confirmed relegated to the Northern Premier League.
He took them straight back up to the National North in 17/18, finished in the play offs but missed out on promotion in 18/19, and then got Altrincham promoted back into the National League via the play offs in the 2019/20 season.

2020/21 saw them finish 17th, last season 14th, and they currently sit 13th in the table, in what is their first season as a full-time professional club.

He's done a fantastic job there, and would be a good solid appointment for us I think. He's got the vast experience of managing in non-league football, and the knowledge of the Manchester and beyond non-league scene in terms of scouting and recruitment.

He did however, sign a contract extension, but I believe that only takes him to the end of the 2023/24 season. If we're in a position (uncertain I know) to be able to afford to pay compensation for a new gaffer, he'd be the top of my list. Whether he'd want to move on from the solid job he's done at Altrincham as they continue to progress on the pitch, and as a club off the pitch, I'm not sure.

Another manager that comes to mind for me who's currently in a job would be Jamie Milligan at Bamber Bridge. He's done a solid job of improving their fortunes since he took over in 2019, taking them from a lower mid table side, to near play off contenders in the NPL, finishing 6th last season, and currently 3rd this season in a competitive league.

There aren't too many inspiring AND realistic out of work managers really. Can't see a David Artell/Graham Alexander/Karl Robinson wanting to take us on unless we somehow stayed up. Wouldn't be overly enamoured with Beech/Hill etc.

Micky Mellon did a good job at Tranmere - got them back to back promotions from the VNL and League 2, and in his more recent stint their, won more games than he lost - how we'd love to just see that I guess! He seems a more realistic option to me for some reason.

Just seen that Gary Jones has shot to 3/1 with Bet Victor, so presumably, some folk have a few quid to throw about!

Fook it.....let's bring Fergie out of retirement!! On a serious note.....I bet nobody thought he would go so far in management when he started out at East Stirlingshire.....Slim Jim has got a lot to aspire to.....especially being of Scottish descent!! :)
[Post edited 30 Mar 2023 6:45]
How about Chris Beech? on 17:01 - Mar 30 with 1569 viewsnordenblue

How about Chris Beech? on 20:46 - Mar 29 by James1980

Do our lack of resources lead to less than thorough medicals for players we sign?
Considering his experience the fact he hadn't blotted his copy book like Hill with controversial interviews (as far as I know). I can't see why Beech didn't even get an interview. Could his wage expectation have been on his application and been too high perhaps.

Wouldn't think its a less thorough medical, its probably more our lack of resources leading to us taking bigger gambles on injury riddled players other clubs don't need to take.
How about Chris Beech? on 22:19 - Mar 30 with 1258 viewssweetcorn

I've heard some excuses for managers being shite, but the squad having undiagnosed long covid has to be the best yet.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2023 22:21]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

How about Chris Beech? on 07:11 - Mar 31 with 1092 viewsrkershaw

How about Chris Beech? on 22:19 - Mar 30 by sweetcorn

I've heard some excuses for managers being shite, but the squad having undiagnosed long covid has to be the best yet.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2023 22:21]

When is this bloody turmeric supplement going to start kicking in?? Think we've been flogged a load of placebos.....!!
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 7:41]
How about Chris Beech? on 08:21 - Mar 31 with 1040 viewselectricblue

How about Chris Beech?
How about Hill as DoF?

How about Dunphy helping the club aswell..(cannot see this happening as the board dont seen to want to approach him, shame really with his experience).

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

How about Chris Beech? on 09:01 - Mar 31 with 986 views49thseason

How about Chris Beech? on 07:11 - Mar 31 by rkershaw

When is this bloody turmeric supplement going to start kicking in?? Think we've been flogged a load of placebos.....!!
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 7:41]

They have been rubbing it on their legs..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024