Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilko 13:44 - Aug 4 with 1807 viewshowenjack

On the brink.........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12368943/High-Street-retailer-Wilko-bri

Wilko on 13:46 - Aug 4 with 1797 viewsonehunglow

Devastating leaving a huge whole in m@y town centres
The list is shocking

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wilko on 13:49 - Aug 4 with 1793 viewshowenjack

That's a lot of people out of work
Wilko on 13:50 - Aug 4 with 1791 viewsonehunglow

Wilko on 13:49 - Aug 4 by howenjack

That's a lot of people out of work

It would be ,yes and more empty town centre premises

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wilko on 14:11 - Aug 4 with 1778 viewsWhiterockin

Wilko on 13:50 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

It would be ,yes and more empty town centre premises

That could well be the problem city/town centre business rates that the business model can not sustain.
Wilko on 14:44 - Aug 4 with 1742 viewshowenjack

Wilko on 14:11 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

That could well be the problem city/town centre business rates that the business model can not sustain.

B & M bargains have hit them hard as well.
Wilko on 14:45 - Aug 4 with 1740 viewsFlashberryjack

Shame, I used to use the store in Neath a lot, but parking and a couple of parking tickets put an end to that.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wilko on 15:50 - Aug 4 with 1690 viewsDr_Winston

Wilko on 14:45 - Aug 4 by Flashberryjack

Shame, I used to use the store in Neath a lot, but parking and a couple of parking tickets put an end to that.

City centres are taking an absolute kicking. A lot of people who used to use Wilko can now use places like Homebargains and B&M instead, usually out of town with plenty of parking.

I used to pop into the one in Morriston two or three times a week to pick up bits and bobs, but hardly used it since perhaps early Covid. Last time I went in there many of the shelves were empty.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wilko on 17:12 - Aug 4 with 1641 viewshowenjack

Wilko on 15:50 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

City centres are taking an absolute kicking. A lot of people who used to use Wilko can now use places like Homebargains and B&M instead, usually out of town with plenty of parking.

I used to pop into the one in Morriston two or three times a week to pick up bits and bobs, but hardly used it since perhaps early Covid. Last time I went in there many of the shelves were empty.

The one in Morfa retail park closes on the 22nd August - you might get some end of the line bargains there.
Login to get fewer ads

Wilko on 17:42 - Aug 4 with 1629 viewsraynor94

Wilko on 17:12 - Aug 4 by howenjack

The one in Morfa retail park closes on the 22nd August - you might get some end of the line bargains there.

That's Argos

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wilko on 17:48 - Aug 4 with 1616 viewscontroversial_jack

I only go where there's free parking
Wilko on 18:17 - Aug 4 with 1592 viewshowenjack

Wilko on 17:42 - Aug 4 by raynor94

That's Argos

Sorry . Singleton street Swansea
Wilko on 00:10 - Aug 5 with 1492 viewsRobbie

Went to the Neath Store last week , Sunday morning , no parking available so a small adjacent car slot , parked , rushed in and rushed out , no browsing .

Traffic Wardens lurking , Resident priority parking permits over shoppers , did not stay for long , no interest in a parking ticket .

How Morriston and Swansea Central Stores have survived for so long , imagine carrying up to three 5 litre paint pots to your vehicle in another area , B + Q Morfa have free parking .

But another nail in the coffin for the High Street , added to the loss local employment , sad .

Added to the fact I bought some of their Wilko Range emulsion for a ceiling job , it was not a great product either .
Wilko on 10:37 - Aug 5 with 1400 viewsmax936

Very handy store is Wilko's, its a massive shame that its going!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wilko on 21:52 - Aug 13 with 1146 viewsKilkennyjack

No words for such people.

Beware of the Risen People

Wilko on 22:46 - Aug 13 with 1105 viewsmajorraglan

Wilko on 21:52 - Aug 13 by Kilkennyjack

Over the last few years we’ve seen many companies close and their pensions are well in deficit, either because they’ve been dipped in to or companies have taken payment holidays. It’s poor show that dividends are being taken when the pension scheme is in arrears, government needs to sort it but they won’t.
Wilko on 00:35 - Aug 14 with 1084 viewsRobbie

Took a major risk of pulling out of the old British Steel Pension fund with the thought TATA would do a runner with my hard earned 40 years plus working in that industry gone also .

Then the vutlures appeared , another issue to debate .

How many of these minimum contact , low allocated hours per week job description staff can maybe survive without this necessary and sometimes vital wage .

Doubt many Boards of Directors of major Companies , past or present , use food banks or struggle with their bills .
Wilko on 10:08 - Aug 14 with 1021 viewscontroversial_jack

Wilko on 00:10 - Aug 5 by Robbie

Went to the Neath Store last week , Sunday morning , no parking available so a small adjacent car slot , parked , rushed in and rushed out , no browsing .

Traffic Wardens lurking , Resident priority parking permits over shoppers , did not stay for long , no interest in a parking ticket .

How Morriston and Swansea Central Stores have survived for so long , imagine carrying up to three 5 litre paint pots to your vehicle in another area , B + Q Morfa have free parking .

But another nail in the coffin for the High Street , added to the loss local employment , sad .

Added to the fact I bought some of their Wilko Range emulsion for a ceiling job , it was not a great product either .

Who goes to city or town centres these days unless it's for a meal or drink. I haven't been to Swansea centre for ages, and I avoid Neath like the plague
Wilko on 23:17 - Aug 15 with 904 viewsbuilthjack

Wilko on 21:52 - Aug 13 by Kilkennyjack

They should be prosecuted for that.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024