Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Allen contract offer ? 00:42 - Feb 26 with 3447 viewsKeithHaynes

Can’t 100% confirm this but I’ve been told there’s some discussion around Joe Allen having been offered a new contract. Don’t know the content, but if it’s true then it will surely be restrictive on a straight forward salary I would imagine. Possible clauses etc.

If I was ‘the club’ his salary has to be reduced dramatically, add in appearance money and also it would be reflective on his injury situation at the end of the season. Including his first team appearances from here on in.

I’m all for a Joe Allen that we saw on Saturday, but if he does get an injury that keeps him out for a longer period over two weeks or so then surely it’s time to release him ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 17:37 - Feb 28 with 696 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 17:31 - Feb 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Mark Hughes knew all about Allen. His form in Euro 2016 was no surprise for him. HJ made an offer hoping Joey wanted to come to Swansea. The offer was good and Joey was running down his deal. It needed Joey to reject Stoke but he did not. If he had Jenkins would have had negotiating leverage.

Stoke overpaid for him as they did for Ryan Woods a few years later. That is why they are £120m out of pocket. Huw Jenkins had no debts at that point.

Joey was only desperate to play for Swansea when his legs had gone and he was 4 years passed his best. John Hartson the same. Roberto said thanks but no thanks.

He signed for Stoke and you can blame Jenkins if you want. Joey prefered to be in Stoke and signed for them not once but twice. He left when they showed him the door. A Stoke reject 2 years ago at 31-32.

Allen was not "desperate to play for Swansea". Having said that I would favour giving him coaching role and a job in the academy.
[Post edited 28 Feb 17:33]

At 26 Joe was in his prime, but nobody expected him to get into team of the Euros that year. A deal was in place prior to the tournament at less than he signed for Stoke, HJ missed the boat.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 17:43 - Feb 28 with 684 viewsDr_Winston

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 17:37 - Feb 28 by Whiterockin

At 26 Joe was in his prime, but nobody expected him to get into team of the Euros that year. A deal was in place prior to the tournament at less than he signed for Stoke, HJ missed the boat.

Yep.

Jenkins quite clearly screwed up because his thoughts were obviously elsewhere. Had there been no massive payout on the horizon for him and his chums perhaps he might have been more focused on securing a cheap rate deal for a quality player.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 18:32 - Feb 28 with 620 viewsgrabsplatter

Spot on, massive mistake by HJ
🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 20:00 - Feb 28 with 567 viewscimlaswan

Agreed 100%

Suppose I must be one those 'Planet Swans losers' for having that opinion.
🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 21:25 - Feb 28 with 499 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 20:00 - Feb 28 by cimlaswan

Agreed 100%

Apparently the majority on here are losers according to the VI, that's life we won't lose any sleep.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 18:32 - Feb 29 with 293 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 Joe Allen contract offer ? on 20:00 - Feb 28 by cimlaswan

Agreed 100%

It is good to have opinions, It is even better to consider other opinions and then think for yourself. I was shut down on one forum as they did not like my opinions.

When there are no alternative opinions fake narrative can manifest themselves and prosper.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024