Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes 21:23 - Jan 8 with 2793 viewsFulhamjim

Not here wumming (this time :-)).

Hughes took on Hodgson's team of European finalists, and we were bottom 3 on boxing day. It was only the second half of the season we improved, and with respect, the squad he had was far better than you have now. He also left us citing "ambition" and appeared he thought he's too good for smaller clubs like ours.
He was unpopular and only started to get results after a players' revolt, wanting to revert to Hodgson's tactics.

Once he did, we improved massively 2nd half of the season. But he's a manager who needs time to get his team playing how he wants. And that was with an established premiership squad.

If u get Hughes, I think you'll be down.

Nothing like a bit of Am6iti0n

Hughes on 21:33 - Jan 8 with 2713 viewsJHoop

So the Fulham players said ''Hi Mark, we're playing shit under your tactics, let's go back to playing how we did under Woy or we won't play anymore'. And Mark replied, 'ok'?
Hughes on 21:37 - Jan 8 with 2633 viewsFulhamjim

Hughes on 21:33 - Jan 8 by JHoop

So the Fulham players said ''Hi Mark, we're playing shit under your tactics, let's go back to playing how we did under Woy or we won't play anymore'. And Mark replied, 'ok'?

Well documented. So yes.

The man to save you? Alan Curbishley imo. Silk purse etc

Nothing like a bit of Am6iti0n

Hughes on 21:38 - Jan 8 with 2613 viewsNorthernr

Hughes on 21:37 - Jan 8 by Fulhamjim

Well documented. So yes.

Hughes on 21:41 - Jan 8 with 2532 viewsessextaxiboy

Well documented. So yes.

You obviously dont know any West ham fans .

Although Hughes had a two win in eleven game streak at City after the big money came in ......and was sacked .
Hughes on 21:47 - Jan 8 with 2466 viewsJHoop

Well documented. So yes.

Fair enough. Just wanted to clarify.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we are in trouble regardless of who is appointed.
Hughes on 21:50 - Jan 8 with 2430 viewsstansleftfoot

FulhamJim, I've always had a interest in Fulham because of the Marsh connection and Viv Busby, Martyns brother so i'm happy to engage in a discussion here.
Sparky Hughes has rubbed shoulders, been managed, played with and played for World class quality all his career, he had a massive will to win and would often cross the line to come out on top.
So other than that weird time at Fulham where he lost all the players and the Chairmans support his management career would make him the best available Manager for QPR. His stubborness worked against him and it was scary to watch.
What clues do you have for Tony Fernandes about that time for Mark Hughes....was he feeling the pressure and went into his Welsh depressed solitary hole and then just gave up. I have my doubts about him as a candidate because his personality is not good for a small community and family Club like QPR.
Hughes on 22:05 - Jan 8 with 2343 viewsHollowayRanger

only two plus points i would give hughes are

1. might be able to get samba as he was his manager there i think?
2. should have good contacts in footballs top tables ie chelseas man utd

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Hughes on 22:05 - Jan 8 with 2344 viewsJamie

Spent over £200m at City for a 10th & 6th.
Login to get fewer ads

Hughes on 22:07 - Jan 8 with 2304 viewsbaz_qpr

Hughes on 22:05 - Jan 8 by Jamie

bought really well at Blackburn though, Man City may have been a step to far, but for what we need right now IMHO seems to be the best available
Hughes on 22:16 - Jan 8 with 2245 viewsWatfordR

In fairness, how much would it cost to take let's say a Villa or an Everton from midtable into the top 6? Think he got the elbow from Citeh having hardly lost a game that season.
Hughes on 22:18 - Jan 8 with 2201 viewsQPR1882

Give me £200m and i will get QPR a top 10 position.
Hughes on 22:27 - Jan 8 with 2130 viewsSomersetHoops

There will alway be a bit of sour grapes from Fulham fans about Mark Hughes as he left them without being pushed. So I don't think we should take too much notice of it. Whoever comes in will have a difficult job to keep us up and we need to accept that if we keep on the rate of 17 points from 20 games we would have been and will be relegated - that is why something had to be done.

Who's Next?

Hughes on 22:30 - Jan 8 with 2103 viewsPeterHucker

Hughes on 21:50 - Jan 8 by stansleftfoot

FulhamJim, I've always had a interest in Fulham because of the Marsh connection and Viv Busby, Martyns brother so i'm happy to engage in a discussion here.
Sparky Hughes has rubbed shoulders, been managed, played with and played for World class quality all his career, he had a massive will to win and would often cross the line to come out on top.
So other than that weird time at Fulham where he lost all the players and the Chairmans support his management career would make him the best available Manager for QPR. His stubborness worked against him and it was scary to watch.
What clues do you have for Tony Fernandes about that time for Mark Hughes....was he feeling the pressure and went into his Welsh depressed solitary hole and then just gave up. I have my doubts about him as a candidate because his personality is not good for a small community and family Club like QPR.

"Sparky Hughes has rubbed shoulders, been managed, played with and played for World class quality all his career."

So has Bryan Robson.

I think a few people on here are kidding themselves about what Hughes has actually achieved (very little).
Fulham Jim is right, he did absolutely nothing for them and that was his most recent job.

Hughes on 22:35 - Jan 8 with 2064 viewsbaz_qpr

Hughes on 22:30 - Jan 8 by PeterHucker

"Sparky Hughes has rubbed shoulders, been managed, played with and played for World class quality all his career."

So has Bryan Robson.

I think a few people on here are kidding themselves about what Hughes has actually achieved (very little).
Fulham Jim is right, he did absolutely nothing for them and that was his most recent job.

2nd highest league finish apparently
Hughes on 22:44 - Jan 8 with 2020 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hughes on 22:18 - Jan 8 by QPR1882

Give me £200m and i will get QPR a top 10 position.

As would I. I'd just give 190m to somwbody initelligent, let them do it, and retire for myself.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hughes on 22:54 - Jan 8 with 1948 viewsMrSheen

At least Alan McDonald would know where to find him. Diving cheating b*st*rd.
Hughes on 23:13 - Jan 8 with 1898 viewsSpiritofGregory

Wouldn't take any notice of Fulham fans. They hate him because he tossed their sorry club to one side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024