Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Changing ends 22:16 - Feb 25 with 2123 viewsjimmya

I am sure Fulham kicked off the first half, does that mean we won the toss and decided to swap ends first half??
Changing ends on 22:17 - Feb 25 with 2111 viewsthame_hoops

I presumed it was so paddy didn't have the sun in his eyes first half
Changing ends on 22:18 - Feb 25 with 2107 viewsbaz_qpr

Not sure but in 30 years of watching Rangers every time we have changed ends at the toss at Loftus road we have lost the game
Changing ends on 22:21 - Feb 25 with 2089 viewsbaz_qpr

Changing ends on 22:17 - Feb 25 by thame_hoops

I presumed it was so paddy didn't have the sun in his eyes first half

what difference would that have made he can only move a foot either way at the moment
Changing ends on 22:45 - Feb 25 with 2031 viewsDesertBoot

He went to ground very early for the goal and simplified the finish.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Changing ends on 09:38 - Feb 26 with 1879 viewsgazza1

No it does not mean we won the toss.....if you win the toss you can either select to take the kick off or 'choose ends'.
Changing ends on 15:54 - Feb 26 with 1763 viewsjimmya

Changing ends on 09:38 - Feb 26 by gazza1

No it does not mean we won the toss.....if you win the toss you can either select to take the kick off or 'choose ends'.

Ok, toss irrelevant, the question was more geared up to why we decided to change ends.
Changing ends on 16:29 - Feb 26 with 1724 viewsBazWoT

Changing ends on 15:54 - Feb 26 by jimmya

Ok, toss irrelevant, the question was more geared up to why we decided to change ends.

I wondered the same thing, just assumed the tarquin tossers had spun us.

Did think it might be the sun during the first half though, we were discussing the same thing.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Changing ends on 16:30 - Feb 26 with 1720 viewsNorthernr

Changing ends on 22:18 - Feb 25 by baz_qpr

Not sure but in 30 years of watching Rangers every time we have changed ends at the toss at Loftus road we have lost the game

Oldham home, play off semi final, scored eight minutes from time at the school end.
Login to get fewer ads

Changing ends on 16:31 - Feb 26 with 1715 viewsBazWoT

Changing ends on 16:30 - Feb 26 by Northernr

Oldham home, play off semi final, scored eight minutes from time at the school end.

I'm going to start calling you elephant man!

Changing ends on 16:32 - Feb 26 with 1715 viewsNorthernr

Changing ends on 09:38 - Feb 26 by gazza1

No if you win the toss you pick ends, the team that loses the toss always kicks off.

Law 08
Before a kick-off at the start of the match or extra time:

- a coin is tossed and the team that wins the toss decides which goal it will attack in the first half of the match.
- the other team takes the kick-off to start the match.
- the team that wins the toss takes the kick-off to start the second half of the match.
- in the second half of the match, the teams change ends and attack the opposite goals.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/lawsofthegame/law/newsid=1290853.html
Changing ends on 16:40 - Feb 26 with 1691 viewsBazWoT

Changing ends on 16:32 - Feb 26 by Northernr

No if you win the toss you pick ends, the team that loses the toss always kicks off.

Law 08

- a coin is tossed and the team that wins the toss decides which goal it will attack in the first half of the match.
- the team that wins the toss takes the kick-off to start the second half of the match.
- in the second half of the match, the teams change ends and attack the opposite goals.

Blimey, I too thought it was what gazza said!

Changing ends on 18:37 - Feb 26 with 1605 viewsgazza1

Changing ends on 16:32 - Feb 26 by Northernr

Law 08

FXck me - It was not like that in my day Norf......I am shocked!!! How times have changed.
Changing ends on 18:38 - Feb 26 with 1603 viewsNorthernr

Changing ends on 18:37 - Feb 26 by gazza1

FXck me - It was not like that in my day Norf......I am shocked!!! How times have changed.

Changed a couple of seasons ago. Nice to know they work on the really important rules at these meetings isn't it?
Changing ends on 18:40 - Feb 26 with 1598 viewsBazWoT

Changing ends on 18:38 - Feb 26 by Northernr

Changed a couple of seasons ago. Nice to know they work on the really important rules at these meetings isn't it?

We need to keep up gaz!

Changing ends on 18:43 - Feb 26 with 1593 viewsgazza1

Changing ends on 18:40 - Feb 26 by BazWoT

We need to keep up gaz!

Would of put my house on it Norf......any reason why they changed it???
Changing ends on 18:47 - Feb 26 with 1588 viewsNorthernr

Changing ends on 18:43 - Feb 26 by gazza1

Would of put my house on it Norf......any reason why they changed it???

Justifying their own existance? Nothing better to do with their time? Something else to distract them from the goal line technology elephant in the room? Who can tell. They tightened the rules on the colours of cycling shorts about the same time.
Changing ends on 19:11 - Feb 26 with 1540 viewsJamie

Changing ends on 18:47 - Feb 26 by Northernr

Justifying their own existance? Nothing better to do with their time? Something else to distract them from the goal line technology elephant in the room? Who can tell. They tightened the rules on the colours of cycling shorts about the same time.

Equality innit.

Nobody 'wins' the toss now...
Changing ends on 21:17 - Feb 26 with 1453 viewsWestonsuperR

Changing ends on 22:18 - Feb 25 by baz_qpr

Trying to think of something to disprove the theory that we don't win if attack The Loft first half. Remember us playing Scunny a few seasons ago and winning 3v1 and we 100% attacked School End 2nd half. I think they went 1 up from freekick and then we won it with pen from Rowly and goals from Pat and Vine.
Changing ends on 21:43 - Feb 26 with 1417 viewscoolranger

Changing ends on 16:30 - Feb 26 by Northernr

Brilliant Clive, how on earth could we forget that. I can still vividly see Furlong pull the trigger.
Changing ends on 22:25 - Feb 26 with 1381 viewsWestonsuperR

Blackstock's screamer v Preston when we won that crucial game 1v0 was also us attacking Loft first half.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024