Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond 16:41 - May 21 with 3798 viewsSpeediesdouble

keep up the good work, by the way would you like some crisps with that bitter ?

Anyway I'm all about love and peace spent a weekend with some top lads and met stacks of rivals who were sweet as before the game and nothing but congratulatory after even though they were clearly gutted....i think we could all learn something there.

Much Love to all and good luck for next season.

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:24 - May 21 with 817 viewsSpeediesdouble

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:07 - May 21 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah I'm not really bitter about Chelsea winning. I was disappointed, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure what I'd be bitter about. Chelsea haven't affected QPR in any way, it's not like you bought our players and then won something.

As others have said, your name was on the cup - could - maybe should - have gone out at every stage of the tournament, but you hung in and made it, and the whole game me and my mate sat there saying you were going to win, it just looked obvious because Bayern were so profligate. I also think you're right that it was nice of RDM to include the whole squad, and the right thing to do. However, Terry just showed a complete lack of humility and class in my opinion. Celebrate by all means, but don't 'David May' it - you were not responsible for the semi final win or the final win, so just let those guys take centre stage.

Finally, I still think a certain clique of players treated AVB abysmally and had they rallied behind him, the whole mid-season dip could have been avoided. Plus, of course, stats tell us that Lampard was not constantly dropped, in fact if he was fit, he generally played. Also, as well as RDM did to win two trophies, his league record, QPR apart!, was extremely ordinary - Chelsea actually dropped places after he took over. So there's been a lot of variables in a truly bizarre season for your lot.

Fair enough Antti. You're right we'll never know...

By the time Robbie came in the League was gone and focus was clearly on the cups, something had to give and we lost a couple. Bizarre season indeed.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:26 - May 21 with 813 viewsSpeediesdouble

Must go now,I'm concerned that I'm getting too close to the 250 mark and any more excitement might just finish me off.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:50 - May 21 with 788 viewsAgedR

Walking past a young lad in a Chelsea top, with my 8 year old to get a chinese after the Everton draw, he proceeded to call us "Rangers scum".

Sorry Mr Speedie, but, there is a whole history of unpleasantness that your, admittedly decent, comments will have to overcome. From me being jostled to the floor as an 10 year old in the Loft when you lot scored, now moving to the next generation with my boy being scared getting a take away with his Dad.

On the plus side, you have supplanted a vile, racist, hooligan image with a nouvou riche, cheating, anti-football one; lacking any class or humility.

Well done!

P.S. Remember how much we all admired and were entertained when Greece won the Euros? That's you lot. The new Greece of football, quickly forgotten and soon bankcrupt.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 19:13 - May 21 with 769 viewsCogster

"maybe a fine more in line with his wages, outside the nominal fine he would receive in court and any suspension he would receive from the FA."

Hilariously, most of his sponsors will not agree with that action.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 20:05 - May 21 with 741 viewssuperhooper1972

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:50 - May 21 by AgedR

Walking past a young lad in a Chelsea top, with my 8 year old to get a chinese after the Everton draw, he proceeded to call us "Rangers scum".

Sorry Mr Speedie, but, there is a whole history of unpleasantness that your, admittedly decent, comments will have to overcome. From me being jostled to the floor as an 10 year old in the Loft when you lot scored, now moving to the next generation with my boy being scared getting a take away with his Dad.

On the plus side, you have supplanted a vile, racist, hooligan image with a nouvou riche, cheating, anti-football one; lacking any class or humility.

Well done!

P.S. Remember how much we all admired and were entertained when Greece won the Euros? That's you lot. The new Greece of football, quickly forgotten and soon bankcrupt.

AgedR sums it up for me, my memories as a youngster of chelsea fans aint good, i remember going to loads of games with my dad as a young boy home and away, chelsea was the only game he would change our routine, the only game he drove to because of the trouble they caused, i remember many a skinhead thug barging my dad trying to intimidate him even though he has an 8 year old boy with him.

Even West ham and Millwall fans would never behave like that towards a man and his young son, and now even there hate is never far from the surface, this season wearing my colours out and about i have been screwed out a few times by one brain cell morons, my car sticker had a great f@@k off greenie on it one morning and i have also been called a w***ker by a passing car, all chelsea fans for sure, as i aint never had no s**t like that before this season, thing is i know a good few chelsea fans from my area so fair play to them as there are some good lads amongst them, but those divvy ones i have described above can go f**k
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 20:35 - May 21 with 727 viewsconnell10

lets face speedie me old mucker ,your team in a few years will be a busted flush, to many old uns me thinks and as the new boss trys to rebuild the old russian mafia bloke you got in charge aint gonna like hanging around for his next cup! lets face it man city are the new kids on the block i just really cant see you being able to keep up with them and build a new team! enjoy it while you can mate because ive got a feeling it aint gonna last long for ya!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 22:02 - May 21 with 676 viewsRangersAreBack

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:50 - May 21 by AgedR

Well done!

Exactly what I was thinking earlier! Chelsea's champions league campaign reminded me of Greece at Euro 2004. It's always a sad day for football when defensive grit overcomes attacking flair.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 22:50 - May 21 with 654 viewsJuzzie

Except that Greece didn't cost some £500million to put together.

Login to get fewer ads

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 23:02 - May 21 with 648 viewsPeterHucker

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 23:26 - May 21 with 639 viewssmegma

I'd like to congratulate Chelsea on finishing 6th in a 4 horse race. Thats some achievement having spent more than a small African country.

I'd like to congratulate Chelsea on winning the FA Cup, especially after they had to cheat their way to a penalty to beat 'little' QPR . Some achievement.

I'd like to congratulate Chelsea on winning the Champions League. You know that competition for Champions.Which they weren't .

I'd like to congratulate Chelsea on all 3 acghievemments . But I won't.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 04:10 - May 22 with 624 viewsSydneyRs

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:52 - May 21 by Speediesdouble

You need to rise above it or it will eat you up inside.

Fair point about the increased fan base, comes with the territory though. What do you think will happen if QPR start winning trophies ? Will you stop following them because you have more fans ?

As for the "nothing club" yes we had some bad times, but still historically Chelsea have the 5th largest average home attendance in football, not bad considering the dire period we had. Also in the 5-8 years leading up to Roman buying the club Chelsea had won 2 FA cups, 1 League cup, 1 European Cup Winners Cup, 1 Super Cup, had reached the QF stage of the Champions League and were already qualified for that years Champions league, also hadn't been out of thetop six in about 7-8 seasons...."nothing club" hardly. You may hate us but get things in perspective.

Those years leading up to Roman buying the club were while you were being bankrolled by Matthew Harding's money, you weren't exactly paupers then either. Then Mr Abramovich came along and gave you an unmatched player budget which only Man City in the last year or two have got close to.

Despite this it has taken until now to win a trophy you should probably have won at least 3 times given all the investment. Its not that big an achievement given the circumstances and I expect Man City as the new moneybags team to do much better over the next decade.

I didn't see the final but by all accounts it was very one sided and Bayern blew it (like Barca in the semi) through poor finishing. Robben followed up blowing a massive chance to win the world cup final for his country in extra time by doing the same in the champs league final. A choker.

Anyway, what now for Chelsea? Unless the squad us vastly improved there is no chance of retaining the cup and the prem seems City's for the forseeable.

As for Terry, everybody knows what he is. A very good football player but an awful human being. He is where he belongs.

Di Matteo won't last the season if he keeps the job. A few lucky knockout wins and some team spirit won't cut it week in week out. Even Avram Grant managed to look reasonable over a similar period a few years back. West Ham bought it, nobody else did.

Around a decade of Abramovich money and one lucky win to show for it. Liverpool will feel good no longer being the worst side to win it, but at least they did it showing some attacking intent.

Perhaps anyone who watched Doug Rougvie and Robert Fleck play deserves a bit of joy from this, but most don't even know who they are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024