Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond 16:41 - May 21 with 3999 viewsSpeediesdouble

keep up the good work, by the way would you like some crisps with that bitter ?

Anyway I'm all about love and peace spent a weekend with some top lads and met stacks of rivals who were sweet as before the game and nothing but congratulatory after even though they were clearly gutted....i think we could all learn something there.

Much Love to all and good luck for next season.

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:29 - May 21 with 942 viewsdaveB

it's looked like CHelsea name was on the cup since they beat Napoli, they rode their luck but Bayern only have themselves to blame for getting beat and as much as I hate Chelsea after all the bad luck they've had in that before it was hard to begrudge them that night.

As for Terry he is a compelte arse but shouldn't get sacked, he should have been fined and banned months and months ago and the Ferdinand case would have bene long forgotten by now. Sadly he was too stupid to just admit it and move on.

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:30 - May 21 with 935 viewsSpeediesdouble

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:22 - May 21 by JonDoeman

Your name was on the cup wasn't it.......sh1t happens!

I reckon it was this time, our worst team in 7-8 years and they only go and win it !!
By the way did your avatar pick up your player of the year award ? ;-)
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:35 - May 21 with 917 viewsSpeediesdouble

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:27 - May 21 by Juzzie

But what do YOU think of Terry in full kit, with captains armband and shinpads too lifting the cup and in every sense looking like he played in the game?

Surely he and the others should all have worn club suits an taken part in squad photo's with the coaches etc? That's more appropriate, no?

Shin pads may have been over kill, but I think it was a nice touch to make everyone feel more part of the final experience and not just limited to the players directly involved in the match.

I have no doubt that was Robbies call, he has created a tremendous team spirit and fully deserves the manager roll....but with those clowns Buck and Gourlay in charge anything is possible.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:37 - May 21 with 914 viewsstowmarketrange

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:30 - May 21 by Speediesdouble

I reckon it was this time, our worst team in 7-8 years and they only go and win it !!

Why don't you just f--k off back to your own messageboards?
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:37 - May 21 with 911 viewsSpeediesdouble

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:29 - May 21 by daveB

it's looked like CHelsea name was on the cup since they beat Napoli, they rode their luck but Bayern only have themselves to blame for getting beat and as much as I hate Chelsea after all the bad luck they've had in that before it was hard to begrudge them that night.

As for Terry he is a compelte arse but shouldn't get sacked, he should have been fined and banned months and months ago and the Ferdinand case would have bene long forgotten by now. Sadly he was too stupid to just admit it and move on.

Nice one Dave, as for Terry if it proves he did say that then I would agree with you.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:39 - May 21 with 905 viewsSpeediesdouble

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:37 - May 21 by stowmarketrange

Why don't you just f--k off back to your own messageboards?

Nein das ist not der Bayern way...much love
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:42 - May 21 with 888 viewspomanjou

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:12 - May 21 by Spaghetti_Hoops

It would be mean spirited and impolite not to offer congratulations Speedies.

You got the tactics right, rode your luck and 'won' in circumstances where most other teams would have caved in. I always support English clubs in Europe, whoever they are, so credit where it's due.

Of course I will be booing you at LR next season the same as usual.

Yup, I'll go with that.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:47 - May 21 with 874 viewsbaz_qpr

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:30 - May 21 by Speediesdouble

Firstly congratulations.

Secondly I'm interested to know are you guys bricking it about what could be the sharp decline of your team. The failure to build on top of the tinker man and the special ones squad leaves you guys in quite a perilous position given that all your best players are at the fag end of their careers. I thought the point of AVB was for someone to be given the time to rebuild, but he was not given that time, your youth investment has been a disaster as well. Will RA give the manager the £100m you need to compete with Man City and do you think he would risk it with Di matteo who is completely untried in the transfer market at this level?
Login to get fewer ads

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:49 - May 21 with 871 viewsWatford_Ranger

I backed Chelsea to lift the cup at 9/4 and Drogba any time goalscorer at 11/4 as after the oodles of luck they'd had getting so far they were always going to line ten men on the edge of the six yard box, still give away a hatful of chances, get one chance in the whole match and somehow come out of it with the cup. Great defending it was not.

I'm genuinely pleased for the real Chelsea fans, if there are any still about, who were there through the hard times and part of the 8000 crowds of the 80s and 90s and managed to not throw bananas at Paul Canoville or be recruited to the National Front. The ex-rugby fans going since circa 2005 will get bored eventually and find something else to do.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:52 - May 21 with 862 viewsSpeediesdouble

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

You need to rise above it or it will eat you up inside.

Fair point about the increased fan base, comes with the territory though. What do you think will happen if QPR start winning trophies ? Will you stop following them because you have more fans ?

As for the "nothing club" yes we had some bad times, but still historically Chelsea have the 5th largest average home attendance in football, not bad considering the dire period we had. Also in the 5-8 years leading up to Roman buying the club Chelsea had won 2 FA cups, 1 League cup, 1 European Cup Winners Cup, 1 Super Cup, had reached the QF stage of the Champions League and were already qualified for that years Champions league, also hadn't been out of thetop six in about 7-8 seasons...."nothing club" hardly. You may hate us but get things in perspective.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:54 - May 21 with 859 viewsSpeediesdouble

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:42 - May 21 by pomanjou

Yup, I'll go with that.

cheers feller.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:00 - May 21 with 842 viewsJuzzie

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:47 - May 21 by baz_qpr

Firstly congratulations.

Secondly I'm interested to know are you guys bricking it about what could be the sharp decline of your team. The failure to build on top of the tinker man and the special ones squad leaves you guys in quite a perilous position given that all your best players are at the fag end of their careers. I thought the point of AVB was for someone to be given the time to rebuild, but he was not given that time, your youth investment has been a disaster as well. Will RA give the manager the £100m you need to compete with Man City and do you think he would risk it with Di matteo who is completely untried in the transfer market at this level?

Added to that, will Mr Ambromavich lose interest now he's got what he wanted and not even bother spending another £200m-£300m just to try and keep up?

On a different scale, but relative, Blackburn were never the same once they won the Premier League as Jack Walker got what he wanted, even if it was just once.

Could this be the decline of the Roman Empire [see what I did there ;o)]

Certainly interesting times ahead.

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:01 - May 21 with 842 viewsSpeediesdouble

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:47 - May 21 by baz_qpr

Firstly congratulations.

Firstly, cheers.

Secondly, Had we lost it could have been tough getting in the right players, now I see even better times ahead. For me Robbie has the right mind set to get the best from the players (not sure about Buck and Gourlay the pair of clowns though)

The youth investment was always going to take time but there are some cracking players not far from breaking through and expect one or two to play some part next season. Piazon and Chalobah in particular for next season and Feruz, Bamford and Ake not far behind.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:03 - May 21 with 831 viewsSpeediesdouble

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:00 - May 21 by Juzzie

Added to that, will Mr Ambromavich lose interest now he's got what he wanted and not even bother spending another £200m-£300m just to try and keep up?

On a different scale, but relative, Blackburn were never the same once they won the Premier League as Jack Walker got what he wanted, even if it was just once.

Could this be the decline of the Roman Empire [see what I did there ;o)]

Certainly interesting times ahead.

Oh I take it you didn't hear Roman has said that this was the beginning and wants us to kick on from here....I expect one or two signings in the summer.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:07 - May 21 with 821 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yeah I'm not really bitter about Chelsea winning. I was disappointed, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure what I'd be bitter about. Chelsea haven't affected QPR in any way, it's not like you bought our players and then won something.

As others have said, your name was on the cup - could - maybe should - have gone out at every stage of the tournament, but you hung in and made it, and the whole game me and my mate sat there saying you were going to win, it just looked obvious because Bayern were so profligate. I also think you're right that it was nice of RDM to include the whole squad, and the right thing to do. However, Terry just showed a complete lack of humility and class in my opinion. Celebrate by all means, but don't 'David May' it - you were not responsible for the semi final win or the final win, so just let those guys take centre stage.

Finally, I still think a certain clique of players treated AVB abysmally and had they rallied behind him, the whole mid-season dip could have been avoided. Plus, of course, stats tell us that Lampard was not constantly dropped, in fact if he was fit, he generally played. Also, as well as RDM did to win two trophies, his league record, QPR apart!, was extremely ordinary - Chelsea actually dropped places after he took over. So there's been a lot of variables in a truly bizarre season for your lot.

Bare bones.

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:12 - May 21 with 816 viewsJuzzie

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:03 - May 21 by Speediesdouble

Oh I take it you didn't hear Roman has said that this was the beginning and wants us to kick on from here....I expect one or two signings in the summer.

No, I didn't hear that. Well, if he wants to kick-on then that will be interesting to see who he appoints as full time manager and what players are bought. I think it'll take more than one or two though.

Personally, I don't think AVB was given enough time and the sacking was a bit premature but like our own situation with Warnock, we'll never know what would have happened if both managers had stayed.

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:15 - May 21 with 806 viewsWatford_Ranger

All this bollocks about what a great bunch of lads they are how unified the club is a few months after half of them basically stopped playing for the manager and caused a huge divide in the dressing room.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:19 - May 21 with 797 viewsSpeediesdouble

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Clive, I'm too overwhelmed with love, happiness and peace to argue with you. Yes I accept Chelsea's fan base and attendances have increased and that we had a period of poor crowds. Many factors involved crap football, constant trouble, football was on it's knees.

Sky money has sanatised the game but also improved it's appeal to a far bigger market. Pretty much all the teams bigger attendances these days than say the 80's or 90's.

Anyway if you want to check this link you'll be suprised to learn that all the teams you mentioned suffered dips in attendance figures...and whisper it because they won't like you for it but eventhe mighty Spurs had a few match crowds around the 10-12000 figure in the 80's.

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:22 - May 21 with 792 viewsSpeediesdouble

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:19 - May 21 by Speediesdouble

Clive, I'm too overwhelmed with love, happiness and peace to argue with you. Yes I accept Chelsea's fan base and attendances have increased and that we had a period of poor crowds. Many factors involved crap football, constant trouble, football was on it's knees.

Sky money has sanatised the game but also improved it's appeal to a far bigger market. Pretty much all the teams bigger attendances these days than say the 80's or 90's.

Anyway if you want to check this link you'll be suprised to learn that all the teams you mentioned suffered dips in attendance figures...and whisper it because they won't like you for it but eventhe mighty Spurs had a few match crowds around the 10-12000 figure in the 80's.

Forgot the link.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/englandcontent.htm
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:24 - May 21 with 862 viewsSpeediesdouble

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:07 - May 21 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah I'm not really bitter about Chelsea winning. I was disappointed, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure what I'd be bitter about. Chelsea haven't affected QPR in any way, it's not like you bought our players and then won something.

As others have said, your name was on the cup - could - maybe should - have gone out at every stage of the tournament, but you hung in and made it, and the whole game me and my mate sat there saying you were going to win, it just looked obvious because Bayern were so profligate. I also think you're right that it was nice of RDM to include the whole squad, and the right thing to do. However, Terry just showed a complete lack of humility and class in my opinion. Celebrate by all means, but don't 'David May' it - you were not responsible for the semi final win or the final win, so just let those guys take centre stage.

Finally, I still think a certain clique of players treated AVB abysmally and had they rallied behind him, the whole mid-season dip could have been avoided. Plus, of course, stats tell us that Lampard was not constantly dropped, in fact if he was fit, he generally played. Also, as well as RDM did to win two trophies, his league record, QPR apart!, was extremely ordinary - Chelsea actually dropped places after he took over. So there's been a lot of variables in a truly bizarre season for your lot.

Fair enough Antti. You're right we'll never know...

By the time Robbie came in the League was gone and focus was clearly on the cups, something had to give and we lost a couple. Bizarre season indeed.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:26 - May 21 with 858 viewsSpeediesdouble

Must go now,I'm concerned that I'm getting too close to the 250 mark and any more excitement might just finish me off.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:50 - May 21 with 833 viewsAgedR

Walking past a young lad in a Chelsea top, with my 8 year old to get a chinese after the Everton draw, he proceeded to call us "Rangers scum".

Sorry Mr Speedie, but, there is a whole history of unpleasantness that your, admittedly decent, comments will have to overcome. From me being jostled to the floor as an 10 year old in the Loft when you lot scored, now moving to the next generation with my boy being scared getting a take away with his Dad.

On the plus side, you have supplanted a vile, racist, hooligan image with a nouvou riche, cheating, anti-football one; lacking any class or humility.

Well done!

P.S. Remember how much we all admired and were entertained when Greece won the Euros? That's you lot. The new Greece of football, quickly forgotten and soon bankcrupt.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 19:13 - May 21 with 814 viewsCogster

"maybe a fine more in line with his wages, outside the nominal fine he would receive in court and any suspension he would receive from the FA."

Hilariously, most of his sponsors will not agree with that action.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 20:05 - May 21 with 786 viewssuperhooper1972

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:50 - May 21 by AgedR

Walking past a young lad in a Chelsea top, with my 8 year old to get a chinese after the Everton draw, he proceeded to call us "Rangers scum".

Sorry Mr Speedie, but, there is a whole history of unpleasantness that your, admittedly decent, comments will have to overcome. From me being jostled to the floor as an 10 year old in the Loft when you lot scored, now moving to the next generation with my boy being scared getting a take away with his Dad.

On the plus side, you have supplanted a vile, racist, hooligan image with a nouvou riche, cheating, anti-football one; lacking any class or humility.

Well done!

P.S. Remember how much we all admired and were entertained when Greece won the Euros? That's you lot. The new Greece of football, quickly forgotten and soon bankcrupt.

AgedR sums it up for me, my memories as a youngster of chelsea fans aint good, i remember going to loads of games with my dad as a young boy home and away, chelsea was the only game he would change our routine, the only game he drove to because of the trouble they caused, i remember many a skinhead thug barging my dad trying to intimidate him even though he has an 8 year old boy with him.

Even West ham and Millwall fans would never behave like that towards a man and his young son, and now even there hate is never far from the surface, this season wearing my colours out and about i have been screwed out a few times by one brain cell morons, my car sticker had a great f@@k off greenie on it one morning and i have also been called a w***ker by a passing car, all chelsea fans for sure, as i aint never had no s**t like that before this season, thing is i know a good few chelsea fans from my area so fair play to them as there are some good lads amongst them, but those divvy ones i have described above can go f**k
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 20:35 - May 21 with 772 viewsconnell10

lets face speedie me old mucker ,your team in a few years will be a busted flush, to many old uns me thinks and as the new boss trys to rebuild the old russian mafia bloke you got in charge aint gonna like hanging around for his next cup! lets face it man city are the new kids on the block i just really cant see you being able to keep up with them and build a new team! enjoy it while you can mate because ive got a feeling it aint gonna last long for ya!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024