Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans game sold out already 10:45 - Aug 7 with 2535 viewsGloucs_R

Bit of a contrast to the Bolton game last season!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Swans game sold out already on 10:55 - Aug 7 with 1771 viewsWokingR

Very surprising isn't it.
With all the hype and excitement of being back in the Premier League last year I assumed the number of empty seats was due to many still being on holiday.
Must have been the Briatore effect.
Swans game sold out already on 10:55 - Aug 7 with 1762 viewsSuffolkHoop

How many tickets made it as far as General Sale?
Swans game sold out already on 10:56 - Aug 7 with 1754 viewsHayesender

Lower loft will be half empty, ataf

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Swans game sold out already on 10:58 - Aug 7 with 1751 viewsRangersw12

Last season the majority of CAT C games sold out for Home fans , its the B games that take a bit of effort to sell out
Swans game sold out already on 11:04 - Aug 7 with 1728 viewsnadera78

Swans game sold out already on 10:58 - Aug 7 by Rangersw12

Last season the majority of CAT C games sold out for Home fans , its the B games that take a bit of effort to sell out

Swansea have been given 3,100 seats, so we bloody well should have sold out!

On a similar note I emailed the club to ask why they've given them such a large amount and, despite replying to me twice, they've refused to actually answer the question. We do not need to give any team more than 1,800 tickets, so why are we offering them 3,100 - or alternatively 17% of our capacity?
Swans game sold out already on 11:06 - Aug 7 with 1719 viewsHulaHoop

Swans game sold out already on 10:55 - Aug 7 by SuffolkHoop

How many tickets made it as far as General Sale?

I got 3 in the Lower Loft about 10:10Hrs (all split up)...
At that time there was about 20-30 seats dotted around the lower loft, a whole bunch (40-70) in Block Z (below the Sky Sports TV Box) & everywhere else was sold out. I've checked again just now & the whole of Z is pracically gone & just a small handful of lower loft seats remain...

Did they give the whole away to Swansea then?!
Swans game sold out already on 11:08 - Aug 7 with 1708 viewsRangersw12

Swans game sold out already on 11:04 - Aug 7 by nadera78

Swansea have been given 3,100 seats, so we bloody well should have sold out!

On a similar note I emailed the club to ask why they've given them such a large amount and, despite replying to me twice, they've refused to actually answer the question. We do not need to give any team more than 1,800 tickets, so why are we offering them 3,100 - or alternatively 17% of our capacity?

At a guess I would imagine they are guaranteed the revenue from 3100 tickets even if they don't sell them and also they seem to limit the tickets for the Lower School end if its home fans only which I presume is for segregation reasons
Swans game sold out already on 11:27 - Aug 7 with 1662 viewsbarbicanranger

Pleased that this has sold out so far in advance - after all the money and time invested by the new owners.

Re: the away end - is it not to do with the fact that you cannot feasibly segregate either the bottom tier or the top tier?? therefore you cannot say give the away team 10% of the stadium (1,800 tickets) - which for the purpose of an example would be the whole of the top tier and a portion of the bottom tier. So if the away team wants to bring 1,800 fans you have to give them the whole end, if like Stoke or Bolton they only want 1,500 then you give them just one tier. I believe this is the case because I believe there is only 1 entrance to each tier so you would have home and away fans coming through the same turnstiles which is not segregation.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans game sold out already on 11:33 - Aug 7 with 1639 viewsWokingR

Swans game sold out already on 11:27 - Aug 7 by barbicanranger

Pleased that this has sold out so far in advance - after all the money and time invested by the new owners.

Re: the away end - is it not to do with the fact that you cannot feasibly segregate either the bottom tier or the top tier?? therefore you cannot say give the away team 10% of the stadium (1,800 tickets) - which for the purpose of an example would be the whole of the top tier and a portion of the bottom tier. So if the away team wants to bring 1,800 fans you have to give them the whole end, if like Stoke or Bolton they only want 1,500 then you give them just one tier. I believe this is the case because I believe there is only 1 entrance to each tier so you would have home and away fans coming through the same turnstiles which is not segregation.

This has been discussed on previous threads and apparently there are enough seats in the upper tier alone to satisfy the 10% rule.
Swans game sold out already on 11:39 - Aug 7 with 1613 viewsloftboy

Swans game sold out already on 11:33 - Aug 7 by WokingR

This has been discussed on previous threads and apparently there are enough seats in the upper tier alone to satisfy the 10% rule.

Correct, no reason to give them both tiers at all

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Swans game sold out already on 11:41 - Aug 7 with 1609 viewsak68

I thought that there were two entrances to the away end, one in SAR and one in ER. It used to be the case when it was the School End terrace and I often see away fans being re-directed from the gate by the club shop round to ER. I have no idea what happens once you're inside the ground re segregation.
Swans game sold out already on 11:42 - Aug 7 with 1599 viewsloftboy

Swans game sold out already on 11:41 - Aug 7 by ak68

I thought that there were two entrances to the away end, one in SAR and one in ER. It used to be the case when it was the School End terrace and I often see away fans being re-directed from the gate by the club shop round to ER. I have no idea what happens once you're inside the ground re segregation.

Ther still is that's why we should only give the upper tier.

Swans game sold out already on 12:01 - Aug 7 with 1557 viewsMoonshineSteve

Swans game sold out already on 10:56 - Aug 7 by Hayesender

Lower loft will be half empty, ataf

Even last week, as a member, had trouble getting two seats together anywhere in the lower loft.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Swans game sold out already on 12:06 - Aug 7 with 1548 viewsGloucs_R

Swans game sold out already on 12:01 - Aug 7 by MoonshineSteve

Even last week, as a member, had trouble getting two seats together anywhere in the lower loft.

I think he means there will be lots of people pretending to have kids and taking up two seats. Lots of selfish people who had the choice to move seats but instead have invented a make believe under 8. Still as long as they are happy.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Swans game sold out already on 12:09 - Aug 7 with 1537 viewsbarbicanranger

Swans game sold out already on 11:39 - Aug 7 by loftboy

Correct, no reason to give them both tiers at all

didnt realise that...just assumed they were about equal in size with the upper being slightly bigger, not 500 seats bigger. I guess it does beg the question.
Swans game sold out already on 12:15 - Aug 7 with 1503 viewsQPR_Jim

Swans game sold out already on 12:09 - Aug 7 by barbicanranger

didnt realise that...just assumed they were about equal in size with the upper being slightly bigger, not 500 seats bigger. I guess it does beg the question.

If Swansea have bought all the tickets and can't just return the tickets they don't sell then it will make the club more money.

Last season when I sat in the lower tier of the school end the front 6-8 rows were covered over leaving just over half the lower tier seats available for sale. If Swansea are top and bottom then the stand is at full capacity as they can use the front rows as it's only blocked off when QPR fans are down there to stop them having stuff thrown at them.
Swans game sold out already on 12:30 - Aug 7 with 1457 viewsbarbicanranger

Swans game sold out already on 12:15 - Aug 7 by QPR_Jim

If Swansea have bought all the tickets and can't just return the tickets they don't sell then it will make the club more money.

Last season when I sat in the lower tier of the school end the front 6-8 rows were covered over leaving just over half the lower tier seats available for sale. If Swansea are top and bottom then the stand is at full capacity as they can use the front rows as it's only blocked off when QPR fans are down there to stop them having stuff thrown at them.

This is a good point, but then even under Briatore they managed to get that netting installed on the underside of the lower tier to allow full capacity of lower tier...
Swans game sold out already on 12:35 - Aug 7 with 1437 viewsWokingR

So why did we then take the netting down for the start of last year?
We also kept the front few rows of the lower tier unused for the first half of the season but then didn't seem to worry towards the end and would sell all of them regardless of whether being used by home or away support
Swans game sold out already on 12:36 - Aug 7 with 1435 viewsOakwoodR

There are about 20 seats on viagogo - all singles though, but priced around £25 each. I think you will have to pay a fee on top though.
Swans game sold out already on 12:43 - Aug 7 with 1413 viewsgjc104

Swans game sold out already on 12:36 - Aug 7 by OakwoodR

There are about 20 seats on viagogo - all singles though, but priced around £25 each. I think you will have to pay a fee on top though.

On the Viagogo thing...I think the buyer pays what you see...the 25 or 30 quid, but the seller pays Viagogo 10% for the privilege and then there is VAT.

For a 30 quid, the seller gets about 26 quid odd.
Swans game sold out already on 12:46 - Aug 7 with 1400 viewsbarbicanranger

Swans game sold out already on 12:35 - Aug 7 by WokingR

We also kept the front few rows of the lower tier unused for the first half of the season but then didn't seem to worry towards the end and would sell all of them regardless of whether being used by home or away support

Health and safety? Costs (it was scaffolding - presumably rented)? Who knows? - it seems there's no hard and fast policy on the allocation at present other than if an away team offers to pay in full for the 3k then take it - until such point the club can be sure there is enough home support to merit keeping the lower tier for home supporters, which seems reasonable to me based on the home attendances last season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Swans game sold out already on 13:27 - Aug 7 with 1314 viewsloftboy

Last year in e end they removed the front row of the upper and allowed Rangers the whole lower.

Swans game sold out already on 13:29 - Aug 7 with 1305 viewsBlackCrowe

Swans game sold out already on 12:46 - Aug 7 by barbicanranger

Health and safety? Costs (it was scaffolding - presumably rented)? Who knows? - it seems there's no hard and fast policy on the allocation at present other than if an away team offers to pay in full for the 3k then take it - until such point the club can be sure there is enough home support to merit keeping the lower tier for home supporters, which seems reasonable to me based on the home attendances last season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Just bought a ticket on viagogo as I needed an extra just for this game. Fees on top of ticket price came in at about £7. To be honest most of the ticket prices on there seem to be face value plus the fee which seems pretty good. Was expecting horrendous profiteering.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Swans game sold out already on 13:32 - Aug 7 with 1297 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Swans game sold out already on 12:35 - Aug 7 by WokingR

I don't think they intended to take that down originally because when I did the tour of the ground (towards the end of our Championship winning season) they pointed it out to us and said it would be there all the next season.

Something must have caused them to remove it again
Swans game sold out already on 13:35 - Aug 7 with 1285 viewsjonno

Swans game sold out already on 13:29 - Aug 7 by BlackCrowe

Just bought a ticket on viagogo as I needed an extra just for this game. Fees on top of ticket price came in at about £7. To be honest most of the ticket prices on there seem to be face value plus the fee which seems pretty good. Was expecting horrendous profiteering.

I believe it's technically illegal to sell a ticket for more than face value.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024