Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
this site making Internet Explorer crash again? 12:38 - Sep 4 with 4222 viewsNov77

it's been worse than ever the past few days, anyone else having this problem?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 12:39 - Sep 4 with 3594 viewsimustbemad

Similar issue recently - couple of months where IE will hang (egg timer) and must restart. Must be something to do with the javascript/embedded images from the advertising. Perhaps its related to IE7 also.
this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 12:41 - Sep 4 with 3577 viewsMetallica_Hoop

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 12:39 - Sep 4 by imustbemad

Similar issue recently - couple of months where IE will hang (egg timer) and must restart. Must be something to do with the javascript/embedded images from the advertising. Perhaps its related to IE7 also.

This.

It crashes opera too but not as much.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 12:47 - Sep 4 with 3561 viewsNorthernr

Doesn't crash Chrome but will forward this onto techi.
this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 12:51 - Sep 4 with 3549 viewssmegma

Doesn't crash my work PC or laptop at home.
this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 12:52 - Sep 4 with 3544 viewsNorthernr

Usually in this situation it's one particular advert that's causing an issue so if people could keep a note of what ads are displaying when it happens a theme might emerge and it will make it easier to sort.

The ads are necessary to keep the site paid for and me in hair care products before you moan about them
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 12:56 - Sep 4 with 3526 viewsTacticalR

No problem with Chrome in Windows XP sp3.

However, with Chrome in Ubuntu 12.04 the adverts on this site really hammer the cpu (although it doesn't crash).

The problem is the Adobe Flash Player that the advertising uses, and unless that can be replaced (and I'm guessing it can't be), then the problem is unlikely to go away.

Air hostess clique

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 13:33 - Sep 4 with 3490 viewsSupport

I have removed a specific ad network from the run as I suspect one of their ads to be a problem. Can you let me know if it still happens please?

Poll: Does my bum look big in this?

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 13:42 - Sep 4 with 3479 viewsBlackCrowe

I've had huge problems at work with constantly being locked out of IE. Hadn't realised it was LFW causing this (it's fine at home btw). Looks like I will have to limit to home access only which means my work productivity should increase by c.500%.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 15:17 - Sep 4 with 3407 viewsTacticalR

OK, just logged into Ubuntu, and the problem is still there (in Ubuntu). Using Chrome's inspect element feature it seems to be this ad that's causing the problem:

http://delivery.ads-creativesyndicator.com/adserver/www/delivery/afr.php

Some of those ads are like videos, and some videos thrash the cpu when played in Flash Player.

One of the worst ones is the Yahoo/Premier League video ad on the right-hand side of the Daily Mail football page:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/index.html

That sends the cpu straight up to 90% on Ubuntu.

Air hostess clique

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 16:25 - Sep 4 with 3366 viewsLewes_r

unhelpful, but why the fck would you want to use IE?

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 17:39 - Sep 4 with 3329 viewswaveydave

Stop using explorer asap and begin using chrome

IE is a load of bollocks. Do people really think you browsing the internet is like this:

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 18:01 - Sep 4 with 3307 viewsCogster

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 17:39 - Sep 4 by waveydave

Stop using explorer asap and begin using chrome

IE is a load of bollocks. Do people really think you browsing the internet is like this:

Or do they really think people will want a a browser written by an advertising company?
this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 18:03 - Sep 4 with 3300 viewsJigsore

Internet Explorer?

Have I gone back in time or something?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 18:14 - Sep 4 with 3292 viewsTacticalR

That reminds me...

Last year in the movie Source Code, the hero, played by Jake Gyllenhaal, keeps travelling back in time to the recent past.

One wag commented:
"it all seemed completely believable until I saw Jake Gyllenhaal using Bing as his search engine".

Air hostess clique

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 19:21 - Sep 4 with 3256 viewsToast_R

I hate Chrome, it's takes over everything and my shite out of date XP running home PC slows right down whilst Chrome decides to be my new default browser. Bastard thing.

On another slightly off cue topic, Anyone here work in the Spray paint industry and have knowledge about Electro Chrome plating? Working on a project which needs some doing. Willing to pay Cash.
this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 19:31 - Sep 4 with 3246 viewsTacticalR

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 19:21 - Sep 4 by Toast_R

I hate Chrome, it's takes over everything and my shite out of date XP running home PC slows right down whilst Chrome decides to be my new default browser. Bastard thing.

On another slightly off cue topic, Anyone here work in the Spray paint industry and have knowledge about Electro Chrome plating? Working on a project which needs some doing. Willing to pay Cash.

How old is your PC? Chrome runs fine on my XP sp3 home PC which I've had since 2005.

Air hostess clique

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 20:09 - Sep 4 with 3238 viewsToast_R

I think I got it in 2005 also.

On my second hard drive now too, I think it could be a problem with one of the fans as is also prone to cutting out once in a while which is a massive ball ache when working from home and have some numpty customer on the blower when it cuts out.

Takes f'kin ages to re-boot.
this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 20:15 - Sep 4 with 3236 viewswaveydave

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 18:01 - Sep 4 by Cogster

Or do they really think people will want a a browser written by an advertising company?

Try it and you will see for yourself how good it is.

At the moment its really a pick between chrome and firefox but I would strongly recommend not using IE
this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 20:24 - Sep 4 with 3226 viewsHollowayRanger

i got internet explorer!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 20:39 - Sep 4 with 3218 viewsTacticalR

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 20:09 - Sep 4 by Toast_R

I think I got it in 2005 also.

On my second hard drive now too, I think it could be a problem with one of the fans as is also prone to cutting out once in a while which is a massive ball ache when working from home and have some numpty customer on the blower when it cuts out.

Takes f'kin ages to re-boot.

If you're using it for work, you probably need another solution.

I am not sure that PCs were expected to last as long as they have done.

Perhaps getting a new PC is the simplest thing. At least get that fan looked at, because if the fan cuts out your motherboard could get overheated.

Anyway, I don't think Chrome is to blame!

Air hostess clique

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 21:10 - Sep 4 with 3198 viewsbaz_qpr

IE9 is the worse browser since IE6 its an absolute dog and should be avoided at all costs.

The crashes are Flash related and the sooner that dies a death for html5 the better too.

Chrome on a PC (even Firefox has got a bit bloated) is the way forward IMHO.

The ads I presume are coming from double click so there is nothing Clive or the network can do about them and they are based on your previous browsing (naughty google !)
this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 12:13 - Sep 5 with 3110 viewsGeorge_Milton

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 21:10 - Sep 4 by baz_qpr

IE9 is the worse browser since IE6 its an absolute dog and should be avoided at all costs.

The crashes are Flash related and the sooner that dies a death for html5 the better too.

Chrome on a PC (even Firefox has got a bit bloated) is the way forward IMHO.

The ads I presume are coming from double click so there is nothing Clive or the network can do about them and they are based on your previous browsing (naughty google !)

Install Chrome and then add the ad-blocker extension
this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 12:38 - Sep 5 with 3100 viewsCanadaRanger

Firefox --- with AdBlock Plus (sorry, Clive). Works great.

IE is trouble. Any web programmers out there do a search on "Internet Explorer CSS padding error"... says it all, really. Non-standard = substandard.

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 12:41 - Sep 5 with 3098 viewsWinchestR

this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 12:13 - Sep 5 by George_Milton

Install Chrome and then add the ad-blocker extension

That is bloody brilliant
this site making Internet Explorer crash again? on 12:44 - Sep 5 with 3092 viewsTacticalR

I would only use add ad-blocker if you really need to (to stop crashes), as it will also stop Clive getting any revenue (which I'm sure is modest!) to pay for the maintenance of the site.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024