Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's match 22:17 - Sep 4 with 2604 viewsAtThePeake

Weird one tonight. Played well and probably deserved the win, but a few weak links in the side and a couple of defensive errors from set pieces allowed them to take it to penalties.

The keeper looked OK. Didn't command his area too well, hence the goals from set pieces. They almost got another one when it was 2-2 from some fairly poor keeping at a set piece, but he showed he is a decent shot-stopper, making a few good saves in the first half, and saving two penalties of course.

For me, Bennett can start against Burton too. He looked more commanding and stronger than Ryan Edwards. Just my personal opinion, but he's also our player rather than a loanee and I'd look to give him a start, so long as he and the rest of the defence do some work on set pieces over the next 3 days!

The two full backs and Edwards were fairly solid again.

In the midfield, Tutte wasn't as bright and energetic as usual but again didn't do much wrong. Came into his own a little more in the second half and was finding the passes well.

Crainey looked lost, as someone said on one of the other threads. From this evidence, he wouldn't be getting a full-time contract from me. Too many times he looked to play a simple ball as quickly as possible, and that drive we used to see from him in an Accy shirt appears to have gone. BBM didn't do much really. His corners wind me up, every single one floated into the same spot and every single one dealt with easily.

Going forward, Putterill picked up the man of the match and rightly so. There was a real zip and confidence in his play, illustrated by his terrific equaliser. Donnelly, for me, is yet to have a really good game. He works hard but he lacks that instinct, particularly in shooting positions. He also seems rushed a lot of the time, rather than relaxing on the ball he looks to get rid a bit too quickly for my liking. Grant is a good signing. He, like Putterill, looked confident and calm on the ball and he definitely adds an extra dimension to our attack.

All in all there were positives and negatives from tonight's game, but I'd say mainly positives. We have some really good players in this squad and if we can find the right balance, then I am feeling a lot more confident than I was a week or so ago. The link up play at times was good, but I think with the likes of Adebola instead of Donnelly and Kennedy instead of Crainey, we'd have been comfortable tonight against a Fleetwood side that had a few decent players but were nowhere near the world-beaters they were bigged up to be at the start of the season. I don't know if they were lacking a few first-teamers aswell, but either way then our 'first team' so to speak, would be comfortable against the team we played tonight.

Tangled up in blue.

Tonight's match on 22:21 - Sep 4 with 1867 viewsMoonyDale

Weird how we see things differently, I thought Bennet looked shaky tonight and was a weak link....Was quite pleased with Smith in goal and thought Putterill was a class apart from the rest....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Tonight's match on 22:22 - Sep 4 with 1862 viewsColDale

what I like about Putterill is that there is a real purpose to his play. He has a plan, and is comfortable with his short comings. He knows the moment he's gonna get beaten for pace, as he tends to give the full back a proper shove just before they get in front of him. He has that bit of mischief to his game too.

No idea what his best position is tho.
Tonight's match on 22:23 - Sep 4 with 1844 views442Dale

Tonight's match on 22:22 - Sep 4 by ColDale

what I like about Putterill is that there is a real purpose to his play. He has a plan, and is comfortable with his short comings. He knows the moment he's gonna get beaten for pace, as he tends to give the full back a proper shove just before they get in front of him. He has that bit of mischief to his game too.

Possibly off a main striker, bit like Matty Done.

At the moment he's the best we've got for the position he's playing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tonight's match on 22:25 - Sep 4 with 1833 viewsMoonyDale

He looks good out left and cutting in, but I would like to see him in a more central role also, just to see how he does....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Tonight's match on 22:34 - Sep 4 with 1761 viewsToffeemanc

Totally agree with your evaluation of Putterill, and I think his best role would probably be in the role Tutte is currently playing.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Tonight's match on 22:37 - Sep 4 with 1725 viewsolympicdale

It's strange how we see things differently, as I thought Bennett looked shaky, allowed his man too much room too often, and not dominant enough in the tackle, I thought we missed R.Edwards

Life is a game of fate.

Tonight's match on 22:40 - Sep 4 with 1702 viewsolympicdale

Tonight's match on 22:23 - Sep 4 by 442Dale

Possibly off a main striker, bit like Matty Done.

At the moment he's the best we've got for the position he's playing.

thats what I thought, we really dont have a "link up" player, I think he could do a job there. He needs to learn how long the pitch is though.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Tonight's match on 22:48 - Sep 4 with 1659 viewsRammyDale

Anybody know how strong the Fleetwood team were tonight. Was that their usual first team or did they do a Dale and field some reserves ?
Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's match on 22:51 - Sep 4 with 1638 viewsD_Alien

Tonight's match on 22:40 - Sep 4 by olympicdale

thats what I thought, we really dont have a "link up" player, I think he could do a job there. He needs to learn how long the pitch is though.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Has Coleman had it shortened as well as squeezed?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tonight's match on 23:22 - Sep 4 with 1531 viewsDaleFan7

Totally agree with original post.

Decent Peformance apart from defensively for their two goals. Keeper made some come good saves but wasn't coomanding. Defence was good in the main and I would definitely start with Bennet on Saturday. Midfield was good minus Craney. Putterill and Grant were impressive for virtually all of the 90 mins. I'm not convinced by Donnelly, he tries hard which is always good but nothing ever comes from it.

Overall a good performance from the team and I think Fleetwood were more at full strength than we were. Being one of the favourites to go up, have to be encouraged. (apart from the poor defending for their goals)
Tonight's match on 23:34 - Sep 4 with 1472 viewsdale10

was a fantastic goal but it put us 2 up wasnt a equaliser craney was poor thou
Tonight's match on 23:58 - Sep 4 with 1412 viewsolympicdale

I might be in the minority, but I'm a fan of Donnelly, I love his effort, and I think a goal will come shortly. I was getting a bit sick of a lad behind me tonight hurling abuse at him from the second he misplaced a pass until the 90th minute.

Life is a game of fate.

Tonight's match on 00:23 - Sep 5 with 1365 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

fantastic win even though fleetwood expected to win the league they didn't look that but but saying that we had a great side even if they wasn't all first teamer's Putterill has gotta of earned a shirt in our first team very impressive player there

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Tonight's match on 00:27 - Sep 5 with 1356 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

A Fleetwood Town Fan isn't happy with our stewards Welcome to Spotland not surprised after one were giving it big in the home fans toilets asking if i were intimidated

"Fans not happy with stewards 20 got booted out 3 arrested, that ref made some bad calls even your fans singing you dnt no wot u doing, said Mellon will throw people out of position rob and goodall looked nackered and the two trailists were bad, thought you had more fans than that, October are fans won't be 200+ again shame really, was that your first team"

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Tonight's match on 09:35 - Sep 5 with 1144 viewsTVOS1907

Tonight's match on 00:27 - Sep 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

A Fleetwood Town Fan isn't happy with our stewards Welcome to Spotland not surprised after one were giving it big in the home fans toilets asking if i were intimidated

"Fans not happy with stewards 20 got booted out 3 arrested, that ref made some bad calls even your fans singing you dnt no wot u doing, said Mellon will throw people out of position rob and goodall looked nackered and the two trailists were bad, thought you had more fans than that, October are fans won't be 200+ again shame really, was that your first team"

There must have been more than 20 booted out, Taz, given the difference between how many were there and your predictions on Sunday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tonight's match on 09:41 - Sep 5 with 1137 viewsRAFC1907

Personally I though Barry Murphy passed the ball well and challenged well for the ball.

Pearson and Bennet tackled well and won plenty of headers.

McIntyre broke forward well and linked up well with the midfield and strikers on a few occasions.

Razor was unreal, a tremendous work ethic to run at defenders and cahse the ball back and oh my what a goal.

Smith in goal had a good game.

Tutte didnt get on the ball enough but looked very sharp when he did, he did plenty of talking also.

Donnelly ran the channels hard and was unfortunate not to score.

Grant held the ball up well and created a few chances, good penalites.

Craney, well lets just say it wasnt his best game but plenty of tackling etc and breaking up the Fleetwood attacks.

If ive missed anybody else out then well played as I stated on another thread the team worked hard for each other, id imagaine Adebola will be playing Sat, who can hold up the ball more and allow Tutte to get into the game more.

Poll: Bottomley...

Tonight's match on 12:59 - Sep 5 with 1050 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

isn't it the away fans who normally get away with everything were it normally is people in the TDS are normally targeted i just messaged the guy letting him know don't let one cup match night put you off coming fortress spotland and told him its normally our fans getting trouble of stewards you don't excally want to lose away fans them paying the higher price and that or its just in general bad marketing and communication skill's which should be a sackable offense for the powers above

Tonight's match on 13:20 - Sep 5 with 1015 viewsTVOS1907

Tonight's match on 12:59 - Sep 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

isn't it the away fans who normally get away with everything were it normally is people in the TDS are normally targeted i just messaged the guy letting him know don't let one cup match night put you off coming fortress spotland and told him its normally our fans getting trouble of stewards you don't excally want to lose away fans them paying the higher price and that or its just in general bad marketing and communication skill's which should be a sackable offense for the powers above

Nobody in the TDS is targeted unless they are doing something they shouldn't be.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tonight's match on 13:49 - Sep 5 with 980 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Tonight's match on 13:20 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

Nobody in the TDS is targeted unless they are doing something they shouldn't be.

can we try a England atmosphere Saturday in there it'll be great practice for the 10th?

Tonight's match on 13:58 - Sep 5 with 959 views442Dale

Tonight's match on 13:49 - Sep 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

can we try a England atmosphere Saturday in there it'll be great practice for the 10th?

Does that mean we can hurl abuse at Gareth Barry?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tonight's match on 14:01 - Sep 5 with 953 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Tonight's match on 13:58 - Sep 5 by 442Dale

Does that mean we can hurl abuse at Gareth Barry?

England Match atmosphere is something special what the Pearl Street is missing alot of we need to get people behind the team especially after last season might be new faces and new management but same rochdale they need encouragement and fans backing aswell its referred to in England terms as "The Feel Good Factor"

Tonight's match on 14:05 - Sep 5 with 939 viewsBrierls

Tonight's match on 14:01 - Sep 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

England Match atmosphere is something special what the Pearl Street is missing alot of we need to get people behind the team especially after last season might be new faces and new management but same rochdale they need encouragement and fans backing aswell its referred to in England terms as "The Feel Good Factor"

That's bollocks. Atmosphere at England home games is generally poor despite the huge difference in attendance.
Tonight's match on 14:10 - Sep 5 with 924 viewsChaffRAFC

Tonight's match on 14:01 - Sep 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

Are you suggesting we have a band?!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Tonight's match on 14:17 - Sep 5 with 910 viewsToffeemanc

Tonight's match on 14:10 - Sep 5 by ChaffRAFC

Are you suggesting we have a band?!

Tazzy - Banned ??
Now there's an idea

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Tonight's match on 14:22 - Sep 5 with 898 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Tonight's match on 14:05 - Sep 5 by Brierls

That's bollocks. Atmosphere at England home games is generally poor despite the huge difference in attendance.

Briels you ever tried England Under 21s or England Women?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024