Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back thoughts / ratings 16:17 - Nov 4 with 1868 viewsCharlie1

For what it's worth.

Dreadful first half and predictable goal for them. We just cant defend! Lethargic first playing like queens park strangers. No quick passing nor good usage of width. Improved second half to a satisfactory level but no confidence in that side. Whatever happens in training isn't replicating on pitch and the formation..... Not working at home IMHO

Cesar 7/10 : clever distribution at times
Boswingwa 4/10 : mcanuff did him numerous times first half. Wasteful going forward. Rubbish dancing
Traore 6/10 useful going forward hamstrings made of spaghetti hoops
Nelson 6/10 string steady but not spectacular
Anton 5/10 makes me nervous and air watching
Granero 6/10 quiet first half although improved latter stages. Better second half unlucky not to score
Samba 6/10 see granero
Adel 8/10 captains performance....
Hoillet 5/10 fell over ran around could've been SWP
Cisse 7/10 never stopped trying well taken goal
Mackie 6/10 never stopped trying but typical mackie end product

Predictably Cold, frustrating and still no sign of that win

2:59 baby!

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:19 - Nov 4 with 1840 viewsNov77

Not sure how you arrived at a higher score for mackie than Hoilett. He was crap once again and should have been subbed far sooner.
Thought diakite bossed the midfield second half.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:27 - Nov 4 with 1797 viewsQPR_Nippon

Finding it difficult to score Granero and Diakite after that match. Both had moments of real quality yet for much of the game were bossed by an opposing midfield of ...... Mikele Leigertwood and Jay Tabb. I mean, come on!

Their fault or Hughes's? Finding it difficult to make my mind up.
Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:29 - Nov 4 with 1789 viewsCharlie1

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:19 - Nov 4 by Nov77

Not sure how you arrived at a higher score for mackie than Hoilett. He was crap once again and should have been subbed far sooner.
Thought diakite bossed the midfield second half.

Because mackie never hid throughout the game. He won some flicks, worked the flanks and whilst we know his limitations, he never stops trying. Hoillet was anonomous all game. That's Hughes Fcking the tactics again.

We were atrocious first 30 mins. I nearly left and went home. Our midfield was awful though thankfully it improved

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:41 - Nov 4 with 1743 viewsCharlie1

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:27 - Nov 4 by QPR_Nippon

Finding it difficult to score Granero and Diakite after that match. Both had moments of real quality yet for much of the game were bossed by an opposing midfield of ...... Mikele Leigertwood and Jay Tabb. I mean, come on!

Their fault or Hughes's? Finding it difficult to make my mind up.

Probably a bit of both
It baffled us at half time.

World beating when the game is stretched / open doesn't help us.

We need consistent performance and a settled side for 90 mins.

Maybe our luck is turning. Fewer injuries and suspensions so who knows but must win next two.

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:41 - Nov 4 with 1741 viewsQPR_Nippon

Mine , for waht it's worth (I watched a decent quality internet stream)

Cesar 5/10 : at fault for their goal
Boswingwa 4/10 : mcanuff did indeed do him numerous times first half, and he was wasteful going forward.
Traore 5/10 neither defended nor attacked particularly well
Nelsen 6/10 solid as usual, but could have done more to prevent Gorkss from scoring their goal
Anton 5/10 not entirely convincing - yep, but not surprising considering lack of games recently
Granero 6/10 poor first 20 minutes (as per everyone else) but a couple of excellent free-kicks and at the heart of some of our better stuff in the 2nd half
Samba 6/10 also very slow to start but some trademark buccaneering runs in the 2nd half. we could do with a bit more end product from him though
Adel 7/10 the one player we had who wanted to take the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen. If only he'd taken that glorious chance it would have capped a MOM performance from him
Hoillet 5/10 nothing really came off for him today, think he would have been far more effective playing off Cisse than playing right mid - he left Bosingwa exposed too often in the first 20 minutes
Cisse 7/10 well taken goal, two other excellent efforts and great ball in for Zamora near the end. didn't really get enough service other than that
Mackie 6/10 effort without end product - indeed! think he's best utilised as an impact sub personally

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:45 - Nov 4 with 1717 viewsNov77

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:41 - Nov 4 by QPR_Nippon

Mine , for waht it's worth (I watched a decent quality internet stream)

Cesar 5/10 : at fault for their goal
Boswingwa 4/10 : mcanuff did indeed do him numerous times first half, and he was wasteful going forward.
Traore 5/10 neither defended nor attacked particularly well
Nelsen 6/10 solid as usual, but could have done more to prevent Gorkss from scoring their goal
Anton 5/10 not entirely convincing - yep, but not surprising considering lack of games recently
Granero 6/10 poor first 20 minutes (as per everyone else) but a couple of excellent free-kicks and at the heart of some of our better stuff in the 2nd half
Samba 6/10 also very slow to start but some trademark buccaneering runs in the 2nd half. we could do with a bit more end product from him though
Adel 7/10 the one player we had who wanted to take the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen. If only he'd taken that glorious chance it would have capped a MOM performance from him
Hoillet 5/10 nothing really came off for him today, think he would have been far more effective playing off Cisse than playing right mid - he left Bosingwa exposed too often in the first 20 minutes
Cisse 7/10 well taken goal, two other excellent efforts and great ball in for Zamora near the end. didn't really get enough service other than that
Mackie 6/10 effort without end product - indeed! think he's best utilised as an impact sub personally

So mackie played just as we'll as diakite and Granero?

I despair

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:48 - Nov 4 with 1702 viewsCharlie1

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:45 - Nov 4 by Nov77

I despair

How would yo rate mackie then?

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:53 - Nov 4 with 1671 viewsQPR_Nippon

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:45 - Nov 4 by Nov77

I despair

No, I wouldn't really say that he did. I had Mackie as a 6 going on 5, and Granero and Diakite as 6's going on 7. The reason I penalised them was for a very poor first 20 minutes where they were bossed by their opposite numbers - and it was there that the 3 points was lost for me. I blame the manager for that as much as I do them. Faurlin should have played.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:56 - Nov 4 with 1654 viewsNov77

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:53 - Nov 4 by QPR_Nippon

No, I wouldn't really say that he did. I had Mackie as a 6 going on 5, and Granero and Diakite as 6's going on 7. The reason I penalised them was for a very poor first 20 minutes where they were bossed by their opposite numbers - and it was there that the 3 points was lost for me. I blame the manager for that as much as I do them. Faurlin should have played.

Mackie was poor throughout his time on the pitch, and contributed nothing, was not even involved in the game.
Diakite was immense second half. Granero was not at his best but still streets ahead of mackie. Don't see how you can score them equally.

Just back thoughts / ratings on 17:00 - Nov 4 with 1644 viewsActonR

Think you're being harsh on Hoilett. He doesn't get the ball where he is dangerous. Was playing far to deep and in the middle. I would have loved to see him in a posisition where he could take on Shorey more.

This was the underlying problem with most of the day. The players are very good but are not getting the ball in the right places. We were totally bossed in midfield and Derry and Faurlin should have played.

This is Hughes fault. Our formation isn't brining out the best of the talented players we have on the pitch. Hughes doesn't know were to play Hoilett to utilsie his undoubted quality. Even Keen did. This point is true with many of the other players -- Granero is wasted playing as deep as he is.
Just back thoughts / ratings on 17:04 - Nov 4 with 1630 viewsgobbles

I thought Nelsen was immense. Defence wasn't the problem, we don't create enough chances. Mackie was poor, so was Granero, looked like he was coasting along
Just back thoughts / ratings on 17:12 - Nov 4 with 1591 viewsQPR_Nippon

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:56 - Nov 4 by Nov77

Mackie was poor throughout his time on the pitch, and contributed nothing, was not even involved in the game.
Diakite was immense second half. Granero was not at his best but still streets ahead of mackie. Don't see how you can score them equally.

If there were tenths of points then I wouldn't have! Mackie was about 5.7 and Granero/Diakite were about 6.4 - happy now?! ;-)

Look, no argument from me that Diakite and Granero are far superior players to Mackie, but they did not get going that first 30 minutes and that was a big part of why we didn't win.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Just back thoughts / ratings on 17:22 - Nov 4 with 1551 viewsgueRRilla

Also worth noting that Diakite got fouled several times today but managed to keep his cool and not get a red card. At points I thought Reading were deliberately trying to rile him, what with his reputation.
Just back thoughts / ratings on 21:25 - Nov 4 with 1432 viewsCharlie1

Just back thoughts / ratings on 16:56 - Nov 4 by Nov77

Did you watch from loftus road or TV / net?

If former, you would appreciate mackies work rate and runs

Just back thoughts / ratings on 21:29 - Nov 4 with 1412 viewsbaz_qpr

Just back thoughts / ratings on 17:04 - Nov 4 by gobbles

I thought Nelsen was immense. Defence wasn't the problem, we don't create enough chances. Mackie was poor, so was Granero, looked like he was coasting along

Defence was not the problem apart from set pieces, Granero had a poor first half as did Diakete, I would not have accused him of coasting though, they were pressed and out numbered again. Tactics were the issue IMHO
Just back thoughts / ratings on 22:47 - Nov 4 with 1347 viewsbosh67

The big thing today Charlie was that you could see a collection of very good players, some excellent today. It's just that they don't play as a team, which is why I think MH and his staff are now in serious trouble. If you play Hoillet play him as a striker because he has pace and skill and can test the keeper, or at least swap him around with Mackie. Out wide he couldn't effect anything.

Ryan, Samba, Nelson, all excellent today but as a team they have no idea where they are meant to be. This was the first time it has been obvious that something is very wrong with the coaching. These players want to do well, they just aren't playing in natural formations, they cluster the ball when they shouldn't, they don't know each others' runs, there is no anticipation or actual playing style. It's very frustrating because organised properly, this group of players could be a good team. MH is now running out of time because after 10 games he has failed to establish any actual playing style or organisation at set pieces.

MH selected the right players today, but didn't have any formula or formation to back it up with. Case in point was the last 33 minutes after we scored. Sporadic attacks that were down to individual skill rather than any playing formation.

Mbia's throw away comment that we don't seem to train much appears to have some Legs. Reading have much the same team that went up and where as they may not be the best team around, they were, at least, well organised.

We are a shambolic mess of really good players and that really hurts tonight.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back thoughts / ratings on 00:18 - Nov 5 with 1263 viewskarlski

Just back thoughts / ratings on 22:47 - Nov 4 by bosh67

The big thing today Charlie was that you could see a collection of very good players, some excellent today. It's just that they don't play as a team, which is why I think MH and his staff are now in serious trouble. If you play Hoillet play him as a striker because he has pace and skill and can test the keeper, or at least swap him around with Mackie. Out wide he couldn't effect anything.

Ryan, Samba, Nelson, all excellent today but as a team they have no idea where they are meant to be. This was the first time it has been obvious that something is very wrong with the coaching. These players want to do well, they just aren't playing in natural formations, they cluster the ball when they shouldn't, they don't know each others' runs, there is no anticipation or actual playing style. It's very frustrating because organised properly, this group of players could be a good team. MH is now running out of time because after 10 games he has failed to establish any actual playing style or organisation at set pieces.

MH selected the right players today, but didn't have any formula or formation to back it up with. Case in point was the last 33 minutes after we scored. Sporadic attacks that were down to individual skill rather than any playing formation.

Mbia's throw away comment that we don't seem to train much appears to have some Legs. Reading have much the same team that went up and where as they may not be the best team around, they were, at least, well organised.

We are a shambolic mess of really good players and that really hurts tonight.

Yep this is my worry - no discernible coaching, style or set-piece plans. Reading are limited but stuck to a rigid game plan of getting ball down channels and working an opportunity to get it into box. Players knew where they would be going in every phase of play (ours didn't). Incredibly frustrating.
Just back thoughts / ratings on 00:41 - Nov 5 with 1233 viewsBasingstokeR

Just back thoughts / ratings on 00:18 - Nov 5 by karlski

Yep this is my worry - no discernible coaching, style or set-piece plans. Reading are limited but stuck to a rigid game plan of getting ball down channels and working an opportunity to get it into box. Players knew where they would be going in every phase of play (ours didn't). Incredibly frustrating.

Bosingwa wasn't great today, but the lowest rated player no way...he got an assist today! Ferdinand was the poorest on show imho
Just back thoughts / ratings on 00:43 - Nov 5 with 1232 viewsBasingstokeR

Just back thoughts / ratings on 00:18 - Nov 5 by karlski

Bosingwa wasn't great today, but the lowest rated player no way...he got an assist today! Ferdinand was the poorest on show imho
Just back thoughts / ratings on 01:08 - Nov 5 with 1215 viewsmakaveli1882

Just back thoughts / ratings on 00:43 - Nov 5 by BasingstokeR

Always agree with Charlie and his posts and his a nice bloke and that was a good post, again some people were complaining about ceaser during arsenal game ( yes that actually did) however I have to disagree I think his kicking is absoultely sh1t
and have done since he had played for us.. Great goalie thou
Just back thoughts / ratings on 01:26 - Nov 5 with 1202 viewsjohnjo1

If I have done this right,not worth marking we were awful end of.
Just back thoughts / ratings on 06:19 - Nov 5 with 1122 viewsstuabd

I agree with Bosh in the sense that we have some good players but they do not seem to be playing as a team. When we have the ball, the players are often too slow when it comes to making decisions and, as has been said, it looks like noone really knows what they should be doing.

Yesterday was a real disappointment because Reading aren't that good but they were able to cope with us pretty well and could have scored more with the free headers we give out in our own box.

Just back thoughts / ratings on 08:32 - Nov 5 with 1007 viewsBlackCrowe

Just back thoughts / ratings on 17:04 - Nov 4 by gobbles

"we don't create enough chances".

And this is it a nutshell for me. Yes our defence ain't great but the only goals it looks like we are trying to score are from outside the box. We seem to not have the players to get on the end of crosses. Ok Cisse's goal was exactly that, but those opportunities are few and far between.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back thoughts / ratings on 08:46 - Nov 5 with 987 viewsderbyhoop

Too many player didn't perform well and the others were little better than average. I though Hoilett was dreadful today (4/10) and Mackie not good enough (5/10). No player any better than 7.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Just back thoughts / ratings on 09:23 - Nov 5 with 948 viewsrobith

I'm stunned by all the high ratings for Cisse. Prior to his goal he was a statue
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024