Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COLEMAN SACKED 17:36 - Jan 21 with 8233 viewsRoChDaLe

COLEMAN AND BELLS CONTRACT TERMINATED

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-21.01.13-612186.aspx

lets all praise dunphy, he clearly does know what hes doing unless he gets eyre back ;)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

how is anthony elding still in league one?

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:45 - Jan 21 with 1440 viewsCockneyDale

Coleman's Mustard t-shirt, anyone?
COLEMAN SACKED on 18:45 - Jan 21 with 1423 viewssoulboy

As stated earlier, it wasnt just the results but it was the attitude etc which meant he had to go. I'm pleased and lets hope the next man makes us proud to be Dale fans again.
COLEMAN SACKED on 18:47 - Jan 21 with 1405 viewsShun

It looks like I'm in the vast minority in being disappointed with this. Obviously I'd be delighted if the replacement turned out to be Keith Hill, but this just doesn't seem right.
COLEMAN SACKED on 18:49 - Jan 21 with 1381 viewssweetcorn

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:47 - Jan 21 by Shun

It looks like I'm in the vast minority in being disappointed with this. Obviously I'd be delighted if the replacement turned out to be Keith Hill, but this just doesn't seem right.

This is pretty much how I feel.

The only way I could feel this was the right thing would be if Hill took back over, the rest of the out of work managers are dogshit, even worse than our own dogshit.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:50 - Jan 21 with 1367 viewsroccydaleian

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:20 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

Oh come on??

You've not said anything other than some people were happy to see him appointed, but you weren't.

Does that mean you can foresee the future?

He doesn't even see any games DAlien. He's the biggest idot on this forum......
COLEMAN SACKED on 18:53 - Jan 21 with 1331 viewsFrog

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:31 - Jan 21 by sweetcorn

strong this.

It's called being realistic. we are currently resting on a knife edge, if our players decide they are against the new man, we are not nearly safe yet.

You can't decide not to play for a new manager when your living depends on your performance, who would want you after relegation to the conference?
COLEMAN SACKED on 18:54 - Jan 21 with 1325 viewsDaley_Lama

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:35 - Jan 21 by qlrken05

Well that came from nowhere

Indeed.

While this place has been a whingefest for the last few weeks, in the ground even with us being absolutely gash at home, there's been only a bit of discontent, nothing like that seen in the past.

Good luck to the two of them, I was happy with their appointment and liked both of them on the occasion where I met them.

Congratulations to electricblue too for being right.

Poll: DF in or out

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:55 - Jan 21 with 1304 viewssweetcorn

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:53 - Jan 21 by Frog

You can't decide not to play for a new manager when your living depends on your performance, who would want you after relegation to the conference?

same could have been said about widdowson and akpro, they were picked up by a league one team, not sure which though.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:56 - Jan 21 with 1296 viewswroughtironron

I could see us heading for the relegation scrap unless Dunphy acted.

Well done Sir - we may still struggle, but at least he didn't fiddle whilst Spotland burned.....
COLEMAN SACKED on 18:57 - Jan 21 with 1285 viewsboromat

Let's up if it is hill he doesn't repeat parkins 2nd spell. Saying that im over the moon, can't wait for hill to sort that dressing room out and help return the club to the honest family friendly place we all know and love!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

COLEMAN SACKED on 19:08 - Jan 21 with 1224 viewsdalenumber2

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:56 - Jan 21 by wroughtironron

I could see us heading for the relegation scrap unless Dunphy acted.

Well done Sir - we may still struggle, but at least he didn't fiddle whilst Spotland burned.....

I think most of us were pleased when Coleman was appointed. An established manager who had enjoyed success at a club with few resources and little finance (and let's not forget he was very popular at Accy for many years). There's nothing wrong with changing our minds now though, and I am looking forward to a new regime although I am still cautious about the future. I do think that something other than the results has prompted Chris Dunphy to act - we have heard enough rumours about the way he conducts himself, mid-week holiday, ill discipline etc. All this as well as the fact that we are parachuting down the league with a poor reputation for cheating, dirty play and alleged racism.
I just hope that Dunphy makes the right choice this time - it's a huge gamble - I would be very surprised to see Hill return but it would give us a new lease of life if he did.

Edit: I have just heard on NorthWest Tonight that the club would announce his replacement tomorrow.
COLEMAN SACKED on 19:15 - Jan 21 with 1186 viewsStudiousDale

Agree with what DaleNumber2 says. I was pleased when Coleman was appointed - noone can dispute his record with Accrington but it just didn't work out for him. Those who use hindsight to try and laud their own footballing views I'd love to know who you wanted us to get when Eyre went. Mourinho?

I had written off this season, and like others wasn't bothered that the Gillingham game was called off. Now when the new manager comes and if we do see that 'honeymoon' period we could be in reach of the playoffs again. With flicker unavailable I want Hill back, but I'm cautious about this - won't believe it/get too excited until an announcement is made saying that. Well done CD, decision made for the good of the club. Hope the people who have been staying away show their appreciation on their return.
COLEMAN SACKED on 19:22 - Jan 21 with 1157 viewsBlueDutch

COLEMAN SACKED on 17:51 - Jan 21 by sweetcorn

Holy shit. I am both shocked and disappointed. This could go either way for me. The new man is taking over a dressing room which is largely behind coleman and they've played their whole career for. The team could either be model professionals and play for the new man or we could see last season version 2.0.

If the latter occurs we could be in serious danger.

Doesn't make sense to me this, we're in no immediate danger, the transfer market has nearly closed and we haven't given a manager we have paid alot of money to get, the chance to turn things around.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the arse. I'm certainly more worried now coleman has gone than I was when he was in charge.

Do you really think the dressing room is fully behind Coleman? I would say that going off the recent home displays that they were singing from different hymn sheets. One thing is for sure, if Hill is the "new" manager, he will either get them fit and playing with total commitment, or they will be shown the door. I doubt if one will ever pull a Dale shirt on again, as he will be found out.

upthedale.nl

COLEMAN SACKED on 19:24 - Jan 21 with 1146 viewsWill_RAFC

Firstly, disapointed that the appointment of John Coleman never worked out. He was the man I wanted to replace Hill. I've never been one to slate him for the amount of Scousers/ex Accy - with a high turn over in playing staff it made sense to sign players who had already played together, and whom he trusted. I also didn't mind *to an extent* how rough a side we were this season. After we rolled over and died without a fight last season, it was nice to see a bit of fight in the team. But it obviously went too far - Rafferty's antics at Bradford, whilst slightly amusing, was not something a proffessional footballer should be doing, and needless to say the reckless red card's that Gornell and Grant picked up were totally unacceptable, as are any allegations of racism should they be proven true. The football was dire but I always thought he would be able to turn it around, but whilst I wasn't calling for his head, neither am I shedding a tear that he is gone.

Onto the future - those that are saying "his" players wont perform for a new manager - we've just lost 8 out of 10 so it can't get much worse. And footballers are footballers - they have little loyalty to anyone, they are just picking up a paycheck. Which leads me on nicely to Keith Hill. I would be delighted if he came back. As a person (having met him, and his numerous disparaging comments about the fans in interviews) I can't say I like the bloke. But you can't take away what he achieved here. Can he do it without Flicker? Only one way to find out...
COLEMAN SACKED on 19:25 - Jan 21 with 1130 viewsThacks_Rabbits

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:22 - Jan 21 by YouTubeDale

Heard that Nicky Adams couldn't stand Bell and was ousted out to Crawley. Will he come back?

Assuming it is Hill, I bet we see Tom Kennedy. And how does the land lie with Scott Wiseman?

Perhaps CD's pockets will suddenly get longer !!

That will be a no, a no, another no and a yes!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

COLEMAN SACKED on 19:29 - Jan 21 with 1100 viewsdalefan

COLEMAN SACKED on 19:24 - Jan 21 by Will_RAFC

Firstly, disapointed that the appointment of John Coleman never worked out. He was the man I wanted to replace Hill. I've never been one to slate him for the amount of Scousers/ex Accy - with a high turn over in playing staff it made sense to sign players who had already played together, and whom he trusted. I also didn't mind *to an extent* how rough a side we were this season. After we rolled over and died without a fight last season, it was nice to see a bit of fight in the team. But it obviously went too far - Rafferty's antics at Bradford, whilst slightly amusing, was not something a proffessional footballer should be doing, and needless to say the reckless red card's that Gornell and Grant picked up were totally unacceptable, as are any allegations of racism should they be proven true. The football was dire but I always thought he would be able to turn it around, but whilst I wasn't calling for his head, neither am I shedding a tear that he is gone.

Onto the future - those that are saying "his" players wont perform for a new manager - we've just lost 8 out of 10 so it can't get much worse. And footballers are footballers - they have little loyalty to anyone, they are just picking up a paycheck. Which leads me on nicely to Keith Hill. I would be delighted if he came back. As a person (having met him, and his numerous disparaging comments about the fans in interviews) I can't say I like the bloke. But you can't take away what he achieved here. Can he do it without Flicker? Only one way to find out...

well said, apart from I actually like keith hill
COLEMAN SACKED on 19:46 - Jan 21 with 1049 viewsdingdangblue

Well I was thinking that it had been a slow news day until that bombshell. Brave move with so many Coleman players here and not much money to spend - or was that just what they were telling Coleman? In a lot better position points/table wise than the last time Hilly turned it round so play offs are possible if he works his magic! Its my birthday tomorrow - hope I get what I'm wishing for.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

COLEMAN SACKED on 19:52 - Jan 21 with 1022 viewsfitzochris

Wow. Checked the forum at 5.30 before leaving work and it was the same stuff that was there at 8 this morning. Get home at 6 and we've ditched our management.

I only hope the "lined up" appointment is ready to hit the ground running with a group of players that are not his, and is given freedom to move quickly in the transfer market as a result.

If it is Hilly, I'll be pleased primarily for the fact he is a fantastic man manager who believes footballers should be professionals and play the game the right way.

The crappy way he left us first time round will need to be forgotten.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

COLEMAN SACKED on 19:58 - Jan 21 with 986 viewsdingdangblue

COLEMAN SACKED on 19:52 - Jan 21 by fitzochris

Wow. Checked the forum at 5.30 before leaving work and it was the same stuff that was there at 8 this morning. Get home at 6 and we've ditched our management.

I only hope the "lined up" appointment is ready to hit the ground running with a group of players that are not his, and is given freedom to move quickly in the transfer market as a result.

If it is Hilly, I'll be pleased primarily for the fact he is a fantastic man manager who believes footballers should be professionals and play the game the right way.

The crappy way he left us first time round will need to be forgotten.

It will happen again if he has similar success though - its just the way it is and we just have to accept it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

COLEMAN SACKED on 20:21 - Jan 21 with 937 viewsTVOS1907

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:03 - Jan 21 by sweetcorn

What if we get relegated as the players refuse to put 100% in for the new manager..

Will he have still got it right?

The current run of form suggests they weren't putting in 100% for Coleman.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

COLEMAN SACKED on 20:21 - Jan 21 with 937 viewsTVOS1907

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:03 - Jan 21 by sweetcorn

What if we get relegated as the players refuse to put 100% in for the new manager..

Will he have still got it right?

Double post

COLEMAN SACKED on 20:23 - Jan 21 with 926 viewsTVOS1907

COLEMAN SACKED on 18:22 - Jan 21 by YouTubeDale

Heard that Nicky Adams couldn't stand Bell and was ousted out to Crawley. Will he come back?

Assuming it is Hill, I bet we see Tom Kennedy. And how does the land lie with Scott Wiseman?

Perhaps CD's pockets will suddenly get longer !!

TK has just signed another six month contract at Barnsley.

COLEMAN SACKED on 20:28 - Jan 21 with 897 viewsmikehunt

Yep. Like others I feel a sense of relief. Whilst not on the Coleman out bandwagon, there was just something in the background that stank. I really hoped we could settle and start winning a few again but we did seem to sinking fast and our reputation even faster.
If we can get the club feel we had back (even before Hill) I will feel this decision has been vindicated.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

COLEMAN SACKED on 20:29 - Jan 21 with 883 viewsSalwaDale

Right, time to stop hanging on every word of twitter and this messageboard. This time tomorrow we will hopefully know. Anyway, come on Fizz.

TBBT

COLEMAN SACKED on 20:31 - Jan 21 with 867 viewsColDale

did the sacking trend worldwide on twitter this time? Remember Kim Jong-il dying last time, yet Steve Eyre trending worldwide ahead of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024