Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Released list... 16:12 - Apr 26 with 7638 viewsRochdale_Matt

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/releasedlist2013-793506.aspx

No real surprises...
Released list... on 16:14 - Apr 26 with 4291 viewsRockerdale97

What a waste of money Gornell was.
Released list... on 16:20 - Apr 26 with 4233 viewslurker

Grimes must have a deal in place elsewhere to just be released. Surely worth a contract offer at the very least if not

Hope Pearson gets FC Halifax promoted and then gets a deal there as I think he will make a decent player. Also, Matty Edwards seems a really decent lad who has had awful luck with injuries. Hope he gets fixed up and his coaching school continues to do well.

By the way, anyone who thought Cavanagh was only playing well recently just for a contract will be feeling foolish given the new info that he always had a 2nd year option on his deal anyway. Fair do's!
Released list... on 16:21 - Apr 26 with 4225 viewsSuddenLad

Released list... on 16:14 - Apr 26 by Rockerdale97

...and Grimes.........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Released list... on 16:26 - Apr 26 with 4199 viewsphomem

Only surprise for me is Abadaki - obviously the deal with Huddersfield was not a 'done deal'

No mention of Minihan or Watson on there

Lillis, Collis
Rose, Bennett, Edwards, Rafferty, Rose
BBM, Cav, Tutte, JK,
Donnelly, Grant, Henderson, Grey, Abadaki

plus the 4 YT's

A few new faces needed then!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Released list... on 16:28 - Apr 26 with 4181 viewsRockerdale97

Keeping Collis is a strange decision. Surely we need someone who can fight for the number 1 shirt with Lillis. Collis was playing in Non League at the start of the season and doesnt look like the man to challenge Lillis.
Released list... on 16:29 - Apr 26 with 4172 viewslurker

Released list... on 16:26 - Apr 26 by phomem

Only surprise for me is Abadaki - obviously the deal with Huddersfield was not a 'done deal'

No mention of Minihan or Watson on there

Lillis, Collis
Rose, Bennett, Edwards, Rafferty, Rose
BBM, Cav, Tutte, JK,
Donnelly, Grant, Henderson, Grey, Abadaki

plus the 4 YT's

A few new faces needed then!

We are in much better shape than we were last year looking at that. You could at least have a half decent starting 11 out of that.

We really need to go all out on a commanding Centre Half now and another forward. Providing we can keep Tutte then midfield just needs a few bodies to add to the competition.
Released list... on 16:44 - Apr 26 with 4094 viewsMoonyDale

Released list... on 16:29 - Apr 26 by lurker

We are in much better shape than we were last year looking at that. You could at least have a half decent starting 11 out of that.

We really need to go all out on a commanding Centre Half now and another forward. Providing we can keep Tutte then midfield just needs a few bodies to add to the competition.

Still leaves rather threadbare in terms of squad size, let's hope Hilly has some irons in the fire...And that is assuming all those offered contracts will sign them.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Released list... on 16:50 - Apr 26 with 4063 viewsleedsdale

Are Craig Curran and Dele Adebola still technically our players? No mention of htem in the article, so im presuming they will be leaving.

No real surprises at all, I hope all the players that Hill is entering into negotiations with end up staying as there is the makings of a decent team there.
Login to get fewer ads

Released list... on 17:13 - Apr 26 with 3974 viewsChaffRAFC

Released list... on 16:50 - Apr 26 by leedsdale

Are Craig Curran and Dele Adebola still technically our players? No mention of htem in the article, so im presuming they will be leaving.

No real surprises at all, I hope all the players that Hill is entering into negotiations with end up staying as there is the makings of a decent team there.

There seems to be no mention of the four players out on loan. Adebola, Curran, Watson and Minihan. Can only assume they're all gone. Curran was with a view to a permanent deal anyway, Adebola wasn't wanted and at 38 he's not going to be retained on a big wage and neither of the young lads have progressed like we hoped.

Collis isn't a big surprise. You can't keep two strong goalkeepers happy and in League 2 you can't have more than two really before looking at YTS options and Collis is on next to nowt so am content with that.

Slightly surprised by Grimes given how we had to fend off Rotherham in January.

Gornell, while on loan, scored 5 in 8 games, since signing permanently and since Hill arrived, he's not scored in 11 games. Not good enough.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Released list... on 17:13 - Apr 26 with 3972 viewsseasidedale

Released list... on 16:14 - Apr 26 by Rockerdale97

I asked at the shareholders meeting about him only having a 6 month contract when we paid a fee for him. Chris Dunphy said that no fee had been paid, so I understand why he was on a short contract
Released list... on 17:16 - Apr 26 with 3958 viewsphomem

Released list... on 17:13 - Apr 26 by seasidedale

I asked at the shareholders meeting about him only having a 6 month contract when we paid a fee for him. Chris Dunphy said that no fee had been paid, so I understand why he was on a short contract

Inherited the contract from Shrewsbury then
Released list... on 17:16 - Apr 26 with 3958 views442Dale

Not sure whether SCS returning means we'll have no further interest but he'll be on a decent wage, one we could probably spend elsewhere. Thomas isn't good enough, even if the Ob says he'll be involved again tomorrow.

Clarification on Curran and Adebola needed, but can't see either staying. Curran will probably end up back at Chester after impressing there before and them going up and looking to recruit.

It's doubtful whether we should want to offer Grimes the same deal as when we signed him, so all debates around whether he's good enough might be mute anyway.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Released list... on 17:20 - Apr 26 with 3936 viewsColDale

Abadaki is surely to prevent Huddersfield picking him on a free transfer
Released list... on 17:35 - Apr 26 with 3868 viewsdeeplishblue

You might be right about Thomas - I don't know - but can anybody really form an opinion after seeing him play once for us?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Released list... on 17:37 - Apr 26 with 3860 viewsRockerdale97

Released list... on 17:35 - Apr 26 by deeplishblue

You might be right about Thomas - I don't know - but can anybody really form an opinion after seeing him play once for us?

Trust me. Watch him a few times for Burnley. I think 442dale is being kind when he says not good enough
Released list... on 17:38 - Apr 26 with 3847 viewsD_Dale

A bit surprised the list has been released on the eve of the last fixture: will KH play anyone who won't be offered a contract? If not, the team will looks a bit light. Maybe:
Lillis
Cansdell-Sherriff
Rafferty
Rose
Cavanagh
Edwards
Kennedy
Barry-Murphy
Grant
Donnelly
Henderson
Subs:
Collis
Logan
Camps
Thomas
Gray
O'Connor
?

Released list... on 17:42 - Apr 26 with 3829 viewssweetcorn

Gornell unfortunatley hasn't hit the heights he did since Hilly has arrived. Feel he'll go on and do well for another team, as the lad clearly has talent and is still young.. Could be the one that got away.

Grimes attitude stinks and i'm glad we've finally got shut of him, he's never done it week in week out for dale and the lads a loose cannon and has a tendancy to drift out of the games.

Thought McIntyre might have done enough to get a contract at the death, he's improved a lot since Rose's arrival.

Other than that, no real shocks.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Released list... on 17:50 - Apr 26 with 3801 views49thseason

out of contract:

Rhys Bennett, Steve Collis, Phil Edwards, Ian Henderson, Jason Kennedy, Joe Rafferty, Michael Rose and Andrew Tutte.

Nothing to say that any of these will actually sign a new deal. Henderson, Rose and Tutte may well want league 1 football and Kennedy might want to try his luck elsewhere. I just hope there has been some discussion already with these players otherwise it could look very thin.
Released list... on 17:55 - Apr 26 with 3791 viewssweetcorn

Released list... on 17:50 - Apr 26 by 49thseason

out of contract:

Rhys Bennett, Steve Collis, Phil Edwards, Ian Henderson, Jason Kennedy, Joe Rafferty, Michael Rose and Andrew Tutte.

Nothing to say that any of these will actually sign a new deal. Henderson, Rose and Tutte may well want league 1 football and Kennedy might want to try his luck elsewhere. I just hope there has been some discussion already with these players otherwise it could look very thin.

But certain players not accepting, isn't an excuse to keep players that Hilly clearly doesn't see as good enough at the club. If they leave for elsewhere, then so be it, I have faith in Hill to replace them adequatley.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Released list... on 17:57 - Apr 26 with 3780 viewsRoChDaLe

i imagine the fact there is no mention on the loan players will be due to them not being able to sit down and talk to keith hill because there away from the club

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Released list... on 18:10 - Apr 26 with 3728 views49thseason

Released list... on 17:55 - Apr 26 by sweetcorn

But certain players not accepting, isn't an excuse to keep players that Hilly clearly doesn't see as good enough at the club. If they leave for elsewhere, then so be it, I have faith in Hill to replace them adequatley.

Wasn't trying to make that point. More the case that if some of those who will be offered contracts turn us down, the search will be even bigger. I have confidence that KH will recruit players he wants at the club and that they will be as good as any on this list that decline his offer.I don't expect any released players to suddenly be re-instated Rambo-style.
Released list... on 18:13 - Apr 26 with 3706 views442Dale

Released list... on 17:35 - Apr 26 by deeplishblue

Not seen him play for us. Based on previous games seen and how he's viewed by fans of other clubs he's played for. If he was 23 he might be worth a look, but he's 33 and has gone from being a big money sale to random Greek sides and then non league within a few years. Reports from his debut reinforce the opinion.

Might be harsh, but with a playing budget where every penny counts I wouldn't be signing someone like him. Of course, it's Hill's opinion that matters.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Released list... on 18:16 - Apr 26 with 3687 viewsSaxonDale

Very sensible and agreeable list. I presume the departures of Gornell and Grimes in particular will free up a considerable amount in wages.
Released list... on 18:16 - Apr 26 with 3688 viewsboromat

I would hope Luke Watson gets a contract, he looked like he was going to get a few first team games at the start of last season just before his injury.

One player we haven't mentioned is Byrne?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Released list... on 18:18 - Apr 26 with 3682 viewsboromat

Released list... on 17:13 - Apr 26 by seasidedale

It was stated as undisclosed fee, I always presumed there was no fee but sell on clauses and stuff like that instead.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024