Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? 22:38 - Jun 7 with 3925 viewsLblock

Waasitlike our kid?

Where to drink?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 23:07 - Jun 7 with 3890 viewsleytonstonehoop

I am going tomorrow mooching around like! Best advice is to go to arsenal tube station and walk down gillespie road then turn left. No shortage of boozers there. 15mins walk to finsbury park.
However word on the street is that there are DJ's at boozers nr finsbury park stn.
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 00:59 - Jun 8 with 3834 viewsbrewers_hoop

Just back. Jealous of you going tomorrow cos of PiL. Just went to 12 Pins nr station - less than 2 mins to get served. Roses good, sound not great, Anything off first album drowned out by crowd which prob good thing as Ian Brown's voice as usual unpredictable!
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 08:34 - Jun 8 with 3767 viewsLoftusR

Brewers - what was the approx running order and timing? Planning to go but can't get there till late on?
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 10:39 - Jun 8 with 3703 viewsleytonstonehoop

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 08:34 - Jun 8 by LoftusR

Brewers - what was the approx running order and timing? Planning to go but can't get there till late on?

Miles Kane 5.15
Johnny Marr 6.15
Public Image Ltd 7.20
Stone Roses 8.40
The gig ends promptly at 10.40 which means many will head to the Madchester night at the O2 Islington Academy.
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 11:00 - Jun 8 with 3682 viewsWestActon

I was out in Camden for drinks yesterday afternoon and it was banged out with people drinking there before heading to Finsbury Park. Ice Wharf is a decent enough boozer in Camden plus plenty of other bars
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 12:38 - Jun 8 with 3640 viewsqueensparker

Went last night - Finsbury Park is a good place for a gig, loads of pubs all over the place.

Ended up in the Stapleton Tavern before and after, five mins down Stroud Green Road, that's a decent shout, wasn't too rammed.

Brown's voice stood up well I thought, but Reni's the star of the show. What a drummer
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 12:48 - Jun 8 with 3628 viewsspencer

Good...just having lunch and about to set off.
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 12:53 - Jun 8 with 3621 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

Ian Browns voice. Oh dear.

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 13:11 - Jun 8 with 3598 viewsericgen34

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 12:53 - Jun 8 by Kendo_Nagasaki

Ian Browns voice. Oh dear.

Sooooo jealous!
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 13:25 - Jun 8 with 3581 viewsLblock

Cheers all -- decided we'll have a few Ealing / West side before heading to FP and plotting up in a battle round there

With this sun, baggy attitude and anticipation it does feel all 1990 again
Bet my aincent bones will be aching tomorrow

Here it comes......

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 14:11 - Jun 8 with 3547 viewsbrewers_hoop

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 13:25 - Jun 8 by Lblock

Cheers all -- decided we'll have a few Ealing / West side before heading to FP and plotting up in a battle round there

With this sun, baggy attitude and anticipation it does feel all 1990 again
Bet my aincent bones will be aching tomorrow

Here it comes......

Enjoy mate. Only live down the road so half tempted to get a late doors knockdown price ticket from ebay or tout...but don't reckon the missus would be too pleased!
Be warned, 20 minute queue for a beer in there - £4.50 a pop - and if you're getting 4 take a mate with you rather than buy a drinks carrier, which are £4.50 each!
Also, don't bother using the bogs - half hour queue - if you're a bloke...lines of fellas taking a leak against metal fence.
Loads of people yesterday in Roses-style sun hats and most of crowd late 30s/40s - all in all a good vibe but usual couple of idiots, mostly Mancs funnily enough!
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 14:43 - Jun 8 with 3525 viewsLblock

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 14:11 - Jun 8 by brewers_hoop

Enjoy mate. Only live down the road so half tempted to get a late doors knockdown price ticket from ebay or tout...but don't reckon the missus would be too pleased!
Be warned, 20 minute queue for a beer in there - £4.50 a pop - and if you're getting 4 take a mate with you rather than buy a drinks carrier, which are £4.50 each!
Also, don't bother using the bogs - half hour queue - if you're a bloke...lines of fellas taking a leak against metal fence.
Loads of people yesterday in Roses-style sun hats and most of crowd late 30s/40s - all in all a good vibe but usual couple of idiots, mostly Mancs funnily enough!

Cheers mate - en route now.

Few f my lot went esterday and said it was quality apart from trains back West afterwards

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 14:50 - Jun 8 with 3521 viewsbrewers_hoop

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 14:43 - Jun 8 by Lblock

Cheers mate - en route now.

Few f my lot went esterday and said it was quality apart from trains back West afterwards

Yeah - hour wait for tubes - everyone just piled back into the 12 Pins where the cover band in there was louder than the Roses!
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 17:10 - Jun 9 with 3357 viewsLblock

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 14:50 - Jun 8 by brewers_hoop

Yeah - hour wait for tubes - everyone just piled back into the 12 Pins where the cover band in there was louder than the Roses!

Well that was a major day out, just starting to feel slightly human again

The Roses were bang on and, surprisingly for these sort of do's, the sound at the back where I stood was top notch
Total nightmare getting home after a good few late ones in The Twelve Pins afterwards.

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 05:48 - Jun 10 with 3242 viewsKiwi76

Has anyone been to the movie yet?
Doubt will get to screens down here but curious if worth a look or if captures the mood - reviews seem to suggest it does
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 10:45 - Jun 10 with 3172 viewstoboboly

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 05:48 - Jun 10 by Kiwi76

Has anyone been to the movie yet?
Doubt will get to screens down here but curious if worth a look or if captures the mood - reviews seem to suggest it does

Went Saturday, thought they were much better than at Heaton Park last year.

A 5 minute clip of the movie was played between bands and it looked brilliant. Just checked online and looks like it is playing in some Odeon's and the Curzon independent cinema's. They are quite good and you can drink beers there.

Edit - Just realised you are probably in New Zealand rather than London
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 11:49 - Jun 10 with 3141 viewssimmo

Every gig I have been to in Finsbury has been really shite in terms of sound. I hope this wasnt the case here as its such a great gig to be able to go to.

Lived round that area most of my life, plenty of decent places but if you're in Camden try the Elephants Head or Joe's bar, both play great music and you can have a dance should you fancy it

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 11:57 - Jun 10 with 3125 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 11:49 - Jun 10 by simmo

Every gig I have been to in Finsbury has been really shite in terms of sound. I hope this wasnt the case here as its such a great gig to be able to go to.

Lived round that area most of my life, plenty of decent places but if you're in Camden try the Elephants Head or Joe's bar, both play great music and you can have a dance should you fancy it

I saw us lose in the Arsenal tavern the other month, that's not bad a modernish pubs go.

Camden is the daddy though.

World's End, Jazz Cafe, Purple Turtle, Black Heart, Dublin Castle, The Monarch, The Hobgoblin. That's not including the 3 big venues either

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 12:25 - Jun 10 with 3104 viewsspencer

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 11:49 - Jun 10 by simmo

Sound wasn't the best...which when PIL were, was a god send...
Reni Mani and John all sounded great...Ian Brown at times was so off key, but the crowd didn't really worry..and no did I...The 10 min version of Fools gold was great.

Never seen so many drunk people in all my life, but surprised to see hardly any trouble.As said above ages to buy a beer and have a slash..so stopped drinking at one point and never need the bog....Having said that...love that part of concerts...in queues talking to random people !!...

Gig ended at 10.30 ...was standing by exits...go to tube and made train ...got 2312 back to Folkestone ...managed last orders in local at 1210...cracking night...body ...damaged !!
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 21:00 - Jun 10 with 3012 viewsleytonstonehoop

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 12:25 - Jun 10 by spencer

Sound wasn't the best...which when PIL were, was a god send...
Reni Mani and John all sounded great...Ian Brown at times was so off key, but the crowd didn't really worry..and no did I...The 10 min version of Fools gold was great.

Never seen so many drunk people in all my life, but surprised to see hardly any trouble.As said above ages to buy a beer and have a slash..so stopped drinking at one point and never need the bog....Having said that...love that part of concerts...in queues talking to random people !!...

Gig ended at 10.30 ...was standing by exits...go to tube and made train ...got 2312 back to Folkestone ...managed last orders in local at 1210...cracking night...body ...damaged !!

What a memorable gig that will become. My very first gig was to see the Roses back in 89 at ally pally ( l may have gone after watching the R's in action at Highbury or could've been the Inspirals).

Anyhow, sound quality far better than back in 89 but back then you realised you were part of something truly special.

That said l did think they were absolutely outstanding on Saturday. She Bangs The Drums was sensational! The journey home not a problem as went to Islington High St until the early hours.
Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 21:10 - Jun 10 with 3003 views18StoneOfHoop

what a groove!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Anyone been to Finsbury Park this evening? Going tomorrow? on 09:20 - Jun 11 with 2935 viewstoboboly

The opening baseline to "I wanna be adored" is a guarentee to make me pull a funny face, make a mess in my boxers and dance on a table.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024