Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DJ Campbell not released... 21:20 - Jun 14 with 2074 viewsbosh67

... yet! No decision on a renewal of contract until the end of the month. We've got to keep him. He will score goals for us. And he's a fan. Due to injury we've not seen the real DJ yet. He should get this final chance IMHO.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

DJ Campbell not released... on 21:31 - Jun 14 with 2046 viewsNorthernr

What a bloody farce.
DJ Campbell not released... on 21:35 - Jun 14 with 2032 viewsbosh67

DJ Campbell not released... on 21:31 - Jun 14 by Northernr

What a bloody farce.

This is QPR, Clive. The club are insisting he hasn't been released... yet. May be they will sell him in pieces and keep other bits. You know, like spares.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

DJ Campbell not released... on 21:43 - Jun 14 with 2012 viewsRoller

DJ Campbell not released... on 21:31 - Jun 14 by Northernr

What a bloody farce.

You say that as if it is news .....
DJ Campbell not released... on 22:01 - Jun 14 with 1978 viewsdaveB

how is it a farce? QPR have never said he was released, his contract is up in a few weeks, the only one who said he was released was the local rags
DJ Campbell not released... on 22:45 - Jun 14 with 1911 viewsMkPaul

DJ Campbell not released... on 22:01 - Jun 14 by daveB

how is it a farce? QPR have never said he was released, his contract is up in a few weeks, the only one who said he was released was the local rags

Was wondering the same thing! Appears we like to moan when the papers report he is released and then moan again when the club say actually he hasn't been released yet we are still assessing him" ..
DJ Campbell not released... on 23:06 - Jun 14 with 1877 viewsNorthernr

DJ Campbell not released... on 22:45 - Jun 14 by MkPaul

Was wondering the same thing! Appears we like to moan when the papers report he is released and then moan again when the club say actually he hasn't been released yet we are still assessing him" ..

Surely the fact we've quickly worked ourselves into another situation where people don't know what they're moaning about, whether a player has been released or not or might be, is farcical?

1 "Appears we like to moan when the papers report he is released"

If he was being released by another club we'd be saying he'd be a good signing for QPR. If he signs for another Championship club he'll be scoring goals for one of our rivals. So yeh I think people are justified to have a little grumble if we're just giving him away.

2 - "moan again when the club say actually he hasn't been released yet we are still assessing him"

Have the club said that? As far as I can see they've said nothing. We've just sort of got this prolific Championship goalscorer who is out of contract, named on our release list, who we might keep, or might not, and we're not sure, and we're not saying anything. What exactly are we assessing? We're not talking about an 18 year old kid who nobody has ever seen before are we?

It's amateurish. If DJ Campbell has been released say he has been released. If he has come to the end of his contract and we're talking to him about an extension then say that.

Or say nothing and let the press report whatever they like. Keep those season ticket renewals coming in though, we'll open the door every now and again and feed you more sht.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
DJ Campbell not released... on 23:11 - Jun 14 with 1860 viewsLowerloftLad

Only at qpr could we both have let and go and kept a player at the same time. It's all in the master plan to leave th championship bamboozled how do we set up to play against Qpr as in all honesty qpr won't know themselfs. But this is why I surrport qpr tho as you just never know what will do next. In the last transfer window we had a bloke bowl up and park his car outside the ground and we called in Townsend sent him home then called him back again which does say that maybe someone at the top is making some very odd calls

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

DJ Campbell not released... on 09:19 - Jun 15 with 1709 viewsMkPaul

DJ Campbell not released... on 23:06 - Jun 14 by Northernr

Surely the fact we've quickly worked ourselves into another situation where people don't know what they're moaning about, whether a player has been released or not or might be, is farcical?

If he was being released by another club we'd be saying he'd be a good signing for QPR. If he signs for another Championship club he'll be scoring goals for one of our rivals. So yeh I think people are justified to have a little grumble if we're just giving him away.

2 - "moan again when the club say actually he hasn't been released yet we are still assessing him"

Have the club said that? As far as I can see they've said nothing. We've just sort of got this prolific Championship goalscorer who is out of contract, named on our release list, who we might keep, or might not, and we're not sure, and we're not saying anything. What exactly are we assessing? We're not talking about an 18 year old kid who nobody has ever seen before are we?

It's amateurish. If DJ Campbell has been released say he has been released. If he has come to the end of his contract and we're talking to him about an extension then say that.

Or say nothing and let the press report whatever they like. Keep those season ticket renewals coming in though, we'll open the door every now and again and feed you more sht.

But we are talking about a player who had a nasty injury last season are we not?

Also I am sure if they were trying to shift more season tickets DJ wouldn't be the name they were using.

Login to get fewer ads

DJ Campbell not released... on 09:56 - Jun 15 with 1665 viewsparker64

Don't think the club have said anything about him have they? Most contracts run up to the end of June. Personally I wouldn't resign him he's injury prone. That he's a QPR supporter is neither here nor there. Nigel Quashie was too.
DJ Campbell not released... on 11:55 - Jun 15 with 1589 viewsHollowayRanger

DJ Campbell not released... on 09:19 - Jun 15 by MkPaul

But we are talking about a player who had a nasty injury last season are we not?

Also I am sure if they were trying to shift more season tickets DJ wouldn't be the name they were using.

zamorra and johnson were cripples last season and yet redknapp is alegedy quoted as saying these two will be his main men this coming season!!!!!!!

anyone REALLY believe these two will A. SCORE the goals we need for promotion ie 35 plus between them and B. stay fit for more then half a season each

we need a minium of 4 good quality championship strikers DJ is certainly good enough and being a QPR fan has extra reason to give 100% and yet he's out of contract and open to offers can be almost certain if he goes he will comeback and score a winner v us at some stage

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

DJ Campbell not released... on 12:04 - Jun 15 with 1579 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

DJ Campbell not released... on 15:51 - Jun 15 with 1479 viewsjo_qpr63

I would like to see him have a proper chance in the team. Rangers supporter or not i think he will score goals for us.
DJ Campbell not released... on 16:19 - Jun 15 with 1439 viewsHOOPNO7

For those of you who use twitter, send TF as many as possible to let him know that DJ is worth giving a go next season.
DJ Campbell not released... on 16:34 - Jun 15 with 1423 viewsdanehoop

DJ Campbell not released... on 16:19 - Jun 15 by HOOPNO7

For those of you who use twitter, send TF as many as possible to let him know that DJ is worth giving a go next season.

Really? Yes, lets do that shall we - you go first.

Never knowingly understood

DJ Campbell not released... on 17:12 - Jun 15 with 1404 viewsHollowayRanger

im no twit!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

DJ Campbell not released... on 18:40 - Jun 15 with 1327 viewsderbyhoop

AS things stand at the moment, DJ Campbell would be our 6th choice striker, behind Remy, Zamora, AJ, Bothroyd and Cisse.
He's 31 years old and during the 2 years he's been at QPR, he's made 11 appearances, 9 from the subs bench. To some extent that is because he's spent at least 60% of the time out injured, including a third of last season. Given those issues, if he wasn't a QPR fan, would we even entertain offering him another deal?

Balanced against that, he is QPR so he'd probably put in more effort than most. When he was fit, he proved at Ipswich he could score at Championship level. The chances are that neither Remy nor Cisse will still be with us when the transfer window closes. Leaving us with 3 30+ strikers, 2 of whom have a questionable fitness record.

His contract expires at the end of June. If we believe we'd be down to 3 other options or having to pay a big fee for somebody coming in, then offering DJ a 1 year deal has its merits. If it came with a low basic, plus performance related bonuses, then it's definitely worth doing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

DJ Campbell not released... on 20:24 - Jun 15 with 1269 viewsHollowayRanger

DJ Campbell not released... on 18:40 - Jun 15 by derbyhoop

AS things stand at the moment, DJ Campbell would be our 6th choice striker, behind Remy, Zamora, AJ, Bothroyd and Cisse.
He's 31 years old and during the 2 years he's been at QPR, he's made 11 appearances, 9 from the subs bench. To some extent that is because he's spent at least 60% of the time out injured, including a third of last season. Given those issues, if he wasn't a QPR fan, would we even entertain offering him another deal?

Balanced against that, he is QPR so he'd probably put in more effort than most. When he was fit, he proved at Ipswich he could score at Championship level. The chances are that neither Remy nor Cisse will still be with us when the transfer window closes. Leaving us with 3 30+ strikers, 2 of whom have a questionable fitness record.

His contract expires at the end of June. If we believe we'd be down to 3 other options or having to pay a big fee for somebody coming in, then offering DJ a 1 year deal has its merits. If it came with a low basic, plus performance related bonuses, then it's definitely worth doing.

balanced view and correct verdict

a fit dj could easily score 15- 25 championship goals

how much would it cost to bring in someone and again no guarrentee that they would stay fit either

but if left to a choice of cisse zamorra johnson DJ id keep dj first!

cisse heart in it?
zamorra sack of spuds cripple
johnson (class) but is he fit? IF he is great he's no 1 but surely DJ would make a perfect no 2 to him

johnson wont play 46 games say he plays 30 DJ plays the other 16 plus cups and sub apperances

Listen to the band play!

DJ Campbell not released... on 22:55 - Jun 15 with 1220 viewsMkPaul

DJ Campbell not released... on 20:24 - Jun 15 by HollowayRanger

balanced view and correct verdict

a fit dj could easily score 15- 25 championship goals

how much would it cost to bring in someone and again no guarrentee that they would stay fit either

but if left to a choice of cisse zamorra johnson DJ id keep dj first!

cisse heart in it?
zamorra sack of spuds cripple
johnson (class) but is he fit? IF he is great he's no 1 but surely DJ would make a perfect no 2 to him

johnson wont play 46 games say he plays 30 DJ plays the other 16 plus cups and sub apperances

Does anyone know if he has fully recovered from his injury last year? If he is as good as he once was after it? Is he likely to survive more than half the season ?

If yes to all of those I would like to,see him kept, if no then I would like to see him released.

And I still can't see what about the DJ situation is farcical
DJ Campbell not released... on 23:34 - Jun 15 with 1201 viewsKernowRanger

Do we know if he even wants to stay? Yes I know he's a QPR fan, but it's not really worked out for him here these past two seasons and he may well want a fresh start elsewhere.
DJ Campbell not released... on 12:03 - Jun 16 with 1099 viewsAntti_Heinola

DJ Campbell not released... on 23:06 - Jun 14 by Northernr

I like DJ, but he's been injured for about 14 months of the last 24.
We - and you, Clive - crucify other players in our squad (Traore, for example) for far less.
Why are we so desperate to keep yet another player who can't play a full season and is now the wrong side of 30?

Bare bones.

DJ Campbell not released... on 13:08 - Jun 16 with 1076 viewsHollowayRanger

DJ Campbell not released... on 12:03 - Jun 16 by Antti_Heinola

We - and you, Clive - crucify other players in our squad (Traore, for example) for far less.
Why are we so desperate to keep yet another player who can't play a full season and is now the wrong side of 30?

probable because strikers are the highest profile players

connelly gorkess ramage all in premiership after doing well at their new clubs but hardly a mention

but if dj goes to say ispwich or forest scores 20 goals everyone will be going mental on here (ok well i will be)

its a gamble either way as is zamorra and johnson i guess 3 gambles is 1 too many? but it would have been my first

Listen to the band play!

DJ Campbell not released... on 13:32 - Jun 16 with 1061 viewsNorthernr

DJ Campbell not released... on 12:03 - Jun 16 by Antti_Heinola

As said higher up, Redknapp seems to be lining up Zamora and Johnson as his first choice front two for a 48 match season. That will be brilliant if they're both fit, but we've been burnt like that before.
Basically I like Campbell as a Championship striker. I don't think, fitness problems accepted, he's ever had a proper chance at Rangers to have a run in the side. I think if he'd just been released by another club that we'd all be saying what a good option he would be for us to sign. I think if he signs for another club in the Championship and stays fit he'll score a load of goals and if we do release him then I don't think we'll even make October before the first "why on earth did we do that..." thread appears on here - and I promise I won't start it

But on the actual subject of this thread, I do think it's a tad farcical that we might have released a player and we might not have and nobody seems very sure.
DJ Campbell not released... on 14:40 - Jun 16 with 1013 viewstimcocking

DJ Campbell not released... on 13:32 - Jun 16 by Northernr

As said higher up, Redknapp seems to be lining up Zamora and Johnson as his first choice front two for a 48 match season. That will be brilliant if they're both fit, but we've been burnt like that before.
Basically I like Campbell as a Championship striker. I don't think, fitness problems accepted, he's ever had a proper chance at Rangers to have a run in the side. I think if he'd just been released by another club that we'd all be saying what a good option he would be for us to sign. I think if he signs for another club in the Championship and stays fit he'll score a load of goals and if we do release him then I don't think we'll even make October before the first "why on earth did we do that..." thread appears on here - and I promise I won't start it

But on the actual subject of this thread, I do think it's a tad farcical that we might have released a player and we might not have and nobody seems very sure.

Without being a sycophant, you're spot on. The fact we don't know is a bloody joke, and DJ has proved himself a pretty reasonable Championship striker.

I think AJ, Zamora and Campbell are all three quite good at this level. I have a feeling they will stay fit. Well, obviously not Zamora, he's crocked.
DJ Campbell not released... on 15:05 - Jun 16 with 993 viewsdistortR

DJ Campbell not released... on 14:40 - Jun 16 by timcocking

Without being a sycophant, you're spot on. The fact we don't know is a bloody joke, and DJ has proved himself a pretty reasonable Championship striker.

I think AJ, Zamora and Campbell are all three quite good at this level. I have a feeling they will stay fit. Well, obviously not Zamora, he's crocked.

I keep hearing how good AJ is. It's 2013, not 2003. When was the last time he had a good goal scoring season?
DJ Campbell not released... on 15:32 - Jun 16 with 987 viewstimcocking

DJ Campbell not released... on 15:05 - Jun 16 by distortR

I keep hearing how good AJ is. It's 2013, not 2003. When was the last time he had a good goal scoring season?

I never rated him in 2003. But i thought he looked good last year with Fulham when he played and i thought he looked good for us, albeit for about three games. If HR reckonsm he's fit sharp and doing well, maybe he is. For some foolhardy reason, i'm feeling optimistic!

Maybe you're right though, i'm not saying he's my first choice ever. He's better than Agyemang though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024