Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million 01:17 - Aug 1 with 7568 viewsJonDoeman

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million http://dailym.ai/1ebW57v via @MailOnline

It Is What It Is !!

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 03:21 - Aug 1 with 5145 viewsFredManRave

Obviously nothing happened then with Readings mooted bid of a cut price 2.5million?!

On paper he's a young, fit proven (28 last season) goalscorer with no injury issues over the last few seasons. However, you just can't help but worry about the quote from Steve Bruce after the transfer to Hull fell through, "These medicals are so stringent, things have progressed with scans and all the rest of it and he has got a problem."

So will he pass the famous QPR medical? And will we have a strikeforce of Austin, Zamora and AJ to score the goals to keep us in the league/obtain midtable obscurity/take us back to the promised land*.

I hope we sign him. He's young, fit and proven at this level and there's just no way we could be unlucky enough for him to get injured...

*delete as deemed appropriate.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2013 3:21]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 03:32 - Aug 1 with 5122 viewsBklynRanger

I'm staying nice and loose on this one but I do hope he signs, and ideally not in a tedious drawn out way.

I'm not quite sure who he'd be better playing with - Zamora can, if conscious hold it up and possibly create some space for him but he and Andy Johnson could be a real handful.
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 04:02 - Aug 1 with 5095 viewsKiwi76

Being a QPR fan you can never be accused of being over optimistic and have to worry that he failed that Hull medical but if he could get 20+ goals it could easily be the difference in auto promotion or certainly play offs.
We'll need to be able to nick games where things aren't going our way and he seems to fit the bill in that dept.
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 08:17 - Aug 1 with 4560 viewsRangersDave

Well you can bet he goes to Baardif or wet spam now then.

I wish we'd keep our traps shut (the club guys , not you reprobates) until the deal was done!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 08:27 - Aug 1 with 4504 viewshoopstilidie

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 08:17 - Aug 1 by RangersDave

Well you can bet he goes to Baardif or wet spam now then.

I wish we'd keep our traps shut (the club guys , not you reprobates) until the deal was done!

There are no quotes from the club in that piece.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 08:33 - Aug 1 with 4480 viewsfakekerby

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 04:02 - Aug 1 by Kiwi76

Being a QPR fan you can never be accused of being over optimistic and have to worry that he failed that Hull medical but if he could get 20+ goals it could easily be the difference in auto promotion or certainly play offs.
We'll need to be able to nick games where things aren't going our way and he seems to fit the bill in that dept.

After the Jimmy Bullard experience, i'm sure Hull are just overly cautious.

Demba Ba has failed multiple medicals at some clubs, whilst being fairly injury free at the ones he's joined.
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 09:26 - Aug 1 with 4271 viewsrosseeles

Fingers crossed on this one, even better if he was in before the weekend
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 09:30 - Aug 1 with 4233 viewsTheBlob

Bound to choose Florists innit.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 09:35 - Aug 1 with 4184 viewsrosseeles

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 09:30 - Aug 1 by TheBlob

Bound to choose Florists innit.

I dont think he will, we'll certainly offer more money (i know i know) but he must think were a better prospect of getting into the prem , we actually have a pretty decent team and im sure that will be bolstered before deadline day. Oh and apparently were the greatest team the world has ever seen, so ive heard.

Lots of rumours of a medical today, this is a signing that would genuinely excite me
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 09:38 - Aug 1 with 4163 viewsbarbicanranger

my problem with this is if we sign him and he starts on saturday we have learned nothing from the last 2 seasons - Bobby Z and AJ have played together regularly in pre-season and they should be the starting front line IMO for saturday. A new signing can come on as a sub but to throw a new signing straight in just follows what we've done over last two years, smacks of desperation and just shows how bland our approach to tactics is.
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 09:44 - Aug 1 with 4114 viewsTheBlob

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 09:35 - Aug 1 by rosseeles

I dont think he will, we'll certainly offer more money (i know i know) but he must think were a better prospect of getting into the prem , we actually have a pretty decent team and im sure that will be bolstered before deadline day. Oh and apparently were the greatest team the world has ever seen, so ive heard.

Lots of rumours of a medical today, this is a signing that would genuinely excite me

That's what Wayne Bridge said.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 09:49 - Aug 1 with 4083 viewsrosseeles

If he did sign between now and the weekend theres no way he'd start, he'd be on the bench and come on after 10mins when either BZ or AJ does their cruciate.

On a serious note i dont think hed start, but we need more options up front and i suspect within a week or two he'd would be starting once he's intergrated more with the team

But a signing like him would deffo give the team a boost before sat
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 09:50 - Aug 1 with 4073 viewsbarbicanranger

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 09:49 - Aug 1 by rosseeles

If he did sign between now and the weekend theres no way he'd start, he'd be on the bench and come on after 10mins when either BZ or AJ does their cruciate.

On a serious note i dont think hed start, but we need more options up front and i suspect within a week or two he'd would be starting once he's intergrated more with the team

But a signing like him would deffo give the team a boost before sat

agreed, that's how it should be done but I really wouldnt be surprised - if signed before the weekend - Redknap starts him.
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 09:56 - Aug 1 with 4029 viewsRangerJim

Just parade him before the game...

That'll do.

Sit him next to Tony to watch us destroy the Owls. Get him in training Monday...

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 10:00 - Aug 1 with 3997 viewsDesertBoot

It's a niggling concern that Hull didn't give him a second look after the failed medical.

Wish I could be like David Watts

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 10:01 - Aug 1 with 3992 viewssimmo

So absolutely no new information or any closer to actually signing him then

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 10:03 - Aug 1 with 3974 viewsRangerJim

The QPR Number 9 shirt is still up for grabs is it not?

I reckon he'll sign later today.
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 10:03 - Aug 1 with 3966 viewsMelakaRanger

Be good if we got him.

We need a hardened, proven Championship goal scorer.

Even if Remy stays he will be crocked for half the season - he just isn't a ruffy tuffy and thats what we will be needing.

Shame we didn't go for Rhodes last summer. A lot cheaper and more effective than the Zamora/Johnson purchases.
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 10:04 - Aug 1 with 3950 viewsJamie

What are you implying about the Daily Mail?
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 10:21 - Aug 1 with 3870 viewsHollowayRanger

pay him top wack while fit but with a clause that if his pre known injuries flair up and he cant play he's on half pay

bet he goes elsewhere as just like with hooper this is dragging!!!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 10:22 - Aug 1 with 3868 viewshoopstilidie

From Twitter...

Sent on a medical by work to BMI clinic in brentford and Found out that #QPR have a medical booked in here today
As by chance Charlie Austin was there having a medical.... His agent wouldn't let me have a photo with him.
asked for a photo but his agent said no as its not signed yet

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 10:23 - Aug 1 with 3864 viewsRblockPrior

hope its true as would be a gd signing imo, but not getting hopes up! Not exactly the week Tony promised with alot of ins and outs, o well BUZZZZZZZING for sat now!

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 10:48 - Aug 1 with 3755 viewsHulaHoop

Austin failed his medical at Hull, due to his "knee issues", I believe...

Well I was just watching the YouTube collection of his goals someone on here put up recently & he REALLY needs to rethink his 'goal celebration' & get up off his kness, as this is NOT helping him!
Perhaps go for a more lethargic 'Shearer raised arm' approach...?!!
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 10:52 - Aug 1 with 3717 viewsrosseeles

gotta love twitter : )
QPR close on Charlie Austin from Burnley for £4million on 10:57 - Aug 1 with 3691 viewsrosseeles

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8849741/transfer-news-qpr-are-clos
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024